90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2014

Tywais

Hi, I think I know the answer to this question, but as it is going to be my first 90-day report I'd like to be 100% sure, so bear with a 'newbie' -

The date stamped on the ticket in my passport says I need to report by 06 August - that was 90 days after I received the visa extension. However, last month I went to Singapore for several days and re-entered (using the multiple re-entry stamp) on 29 June.

So, do I still need to report on 06 August, or can I wait until 90 days from 29 June?

90 days from 29th June. From 14 days before due date to 7 days after.

OK, thanks very much; that's what I came to think today although the 'information' given at Immigration when I obtained the original extension didn't cover that 'get-out' from reporting. So, as I am almost always never staying here for 90 days (mainly living in China) I probably won't have to attend Immigration until the 1-year renewal of the visa exemption, right?

Provided you are here for less than 90 days at a time that is correct.

• Like 1

Did a 90 dayer yesterday, got my number and saw I was 1 number away on the sign so I rushed to get my photo copies... got back and my number was up so very fast though the place was full of others waiting for their other needs. Most notable was the fact that all the officers were wearing full uniforms festooned with regalia, I suppose this reflects the new militarized mood of the land... also the "curly haired girl" was gone sad.png

If you are on a retirement visa pension but are leaving the country, for say 105 days on holidays, how do you handle the 90 day reporting?

Thanks

90 days from the day you arrive back in los,its suspended for better of words while your out of country starts agian when you arrive back
  • Like 1

If you are on a retirement visa pension but are leaving the country, for say 105 days on holidays, how do you handle the 90 day reporting?

Thanks

90 days from the day you arrive back in los,its suspended for better of words while your out of country starts agian when you arrive back

Thanks True Blue. I was worried about that.

Did a 90 dayer yesterday, got my number and saw I was 1 number away on the sign so I rushed to get my photo copies... got back and my number was up so very fast though the place was full of others waiting for their other needs. Most notable was the fact that all the officers were wearing full uniforms festooned with regalia, I suppose this reflects the new militarized mood of the land... also the "curly haired girl" was gone sad.png

Miss "Curly" hasn't gone she has been shunted out the back ,maybe someone thought her popularity was not in keeping with a Government institutionlaugh.png

Just a reminder: Get all your photocopies and forms done before you arrive.

I don't think that the photo copier concession owners will be too worried with your reminder.

Always queues of people there and many people have not even completed the relevant application forms let alone supporting documents.

• Like 2

Miss "Curly" hasn't gone she has been shunted out the back ,maybe someone thought her popularity was not in keeping with a Government institutionlaugh.png

Too bad. Things improved dramatically after she started handling the 90 day reports.

• 3 weeks later...

Went for my 90 day reporting 10 days ago. 3 hour wait with 70 people ahead of me in the cue at 2:15pm on Friday. Absolutely the longest wait I've ever had in the 7 years I've lived here.
That many 90 day reports pretty much packed the building, not to mention all the other foreigners there for other immigration business. I don't blame CM Immigration. The 90 day desk was processing about 30 people an hour or one person every two minutes. They were busting their butts. Kudos.

I don't think that the photo copier concession owners will be too worried with your reminder.

Always queues of people there and many people have not even completed the relevant application forms let alone supporting documents.

You can download a PDF or MS Word Doc of the TM47 and fill out everything but the date. After I get my passport back after my yearly visa extension, I make 4 pages of all relevant pages of my passport needed for a 90 day report and I print out four copies of my TM47. On the day I go to do a 90 day, I fill in the date on a pre-printed TM47 and grab one set of passport copies (printed locally where I live for 1 baht/page). When I arrive at Immigration, I'm ready to hand them the docs as soon as I get in the door (in the off-chance there is no queue). No fuss, no muss, no bother. Easy breezy.

Thai Immigration form download page (Word .doc and Adobe .pdf formats)

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

You can download a PDF or MS Word Doc of the TM47 and fill out everything but the date. After I get my passport back after my yearly visa extension, I make 4 pages of all relevant pages of my passport needed for a 90 day report and I print out four copies of my TM47. On the day I go to do a 90 day, I fill in the date on a pre-printed TM47 and grab one set of passport copies (printed locally where I live for 1 baht/page). When I arrive at Immigration, I'm ready to hand them the docs as soon as I get in the door (in the off-chance there is no queue). No fuss, no muss, no bother. Easy breezy.

Nice organization, from your description. Just out of curiosity, since you appear to be so well organized and have everything pretty much pre-staged in advance, why don't you just drop all of that in the mail?

When reading all the recent news and police orders updating Immigration procedures, I noticed something surprising (for me) about 90-day reports.

Apparently, the Chiang Mai chief pointed out that a power of attorney is needed for someone to do a 90-day report for someone else. I never knew that, but I have (as best as I recall only done someone else's report once and once someone did mine for me. There was never any power of attorney, or any other kind of authorization, requested.

Others, apparently, have had somewhat different experience. I have attached what Tywais found yesterday on the main immigration web site. I supposed we should all consider ourselves well-advised and not surprised if the Chiang Mai office should start requesting such authorization. If they do, I would suspect that they would warn people that "next time" they will need the power and to advise the person represented.

post-55418-0-88969600-1408976155_thumb.p

Nice organization, from your description. Just out of curiosity, since you appear to be so well organized and have everything pretty much pre-staged in advance, why don't you just drop all of that in the mail?

conndas post, was in my view trying to be helpful to members,and very good contents as well

why the smart/ass..mail comments???

By the way, referringto my earlier post just above, it is not difficult to draft an appropropriate power of attorney. You can write one out that limits the authority (to spouse, significant other, friend, et cetera) to the task and have it witnessed and stamped with a "duty stamp" at your bank. It would be shown, not kept by Immigration and would be used time and time again, of course.

I guess major visa assistance services probably have a similar form, but I do not know about that. i believe there are formats for such forms for Thailand on the internet. There is a format, also, in Thai Law for Foreigners, Becker and Thongkaew, Paiboon publishing, which is a handy reference for lots of matters.

(Actually, I suspect that Chiang Mai Immigration officials would probably prefer NOT asking for this form!)

Edited by Mapguy

conndas post, was in my view trying to be helpful to members,and very good contents as well

why the smart/ass..mail comments???

I completely agree with your assessment of connda's post - it's helpful and it's obvious that he's figured the system out. Hence my legitimate question as to why he doesn't use the mail.

I think you've read something into my written words that I had not intended...or you just want to take a shot at me. Either way, my question to connda was a geniune inquiry.

I'm sure if he has a beef with me asking him about his process, he'll let me know.

Went for my 90 day reporting 10 days ago. 3 hour wait with 70 people ahead of me in the cue at 2:15pm on Friday.

2 hours for me last Wednesday. The last few visits were much better. I'm afraid things are reverting back to normal.

Wasn't that the day before the four day holiday and the day after. If it was you had good service. Also nice to know what time you showed up. Seems like more and more are going in the afternoon.

Any body been in there lately in the late afternoon?wai2.gif

A member recently reported that they have an amended version of the TM47 and did not except the one that can be downloaded at immigration website. Sorry, can't remember who the member was but this is a scan of the new form he posted.

post-566-0-10830900-1408988900_thumb.jpg

//edit - found it, by Beetlejuice - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753623-have-new-us-passport-read-this-before-you-report-to-imm/page-2?p=8279573#entry8279573

Went for my 90 day reporting 10 days ago. 3 hour wait with 70 people ahead of me in the cue at 2:15pm on Friday.

2 hours for me last Wednesday. The last few visits were much better. I'm afraid things are reverting back to normal.

Wasn't that the day before the four day holiday and the day after. If it was you had good service. Also nice to know what time you showed up. Seems like more and more are going in the afternoon.

Any body been in there lately in the late afternoon?wai2.gif

My 90 day reporting was due last Monday the 18th so I showed up at my usual time of 3 PM on the 19th and was given a number with so many people ahead of me it would have been 5 PM before my number would have come up. So I left.

I returned at 11 AM Tuesday and was given a number I calculated would not come up until 2 PM, so I left.......went grocery shopping and home returning at 2 PM.

Now there were only 5 ahead of me. And then the guy ahead of me goes up with a stack of passports. That's OK there are two officials processing the alien passports. And then a well dressed Thai lady comes forward, whispers in the Thai officials ear while a well dressed Caucasian foreigner shows up and hands in his passport.....no number called out/none visible. I almost went ballistic. I have just wasted 2 days trying to do one 90 day report.

I have been doing this nonsensical waste of time reporting the same address and phone number for 12 years. I am ready to pay someone to do it for me.

My mental health is worth more than a few Thai Baht.

Been here 12 years and it's STILL the SAME 8-10 principal people there. In 12 years the only progress

they have made is creating another place that ONLY does residence letters.

Was there recently at 7am, they handed out about 110-120 que numbers, started rejecting people around

#80. This seems to be consistent with the online system which only handles 10 people/day.

It's a complete joke and/or a complete monopoly. Not only are they either unable or unwilling to train new staff

in 12 years, ( I'm sure it's much longer than that and you would be able to confirm that). But the capacity of

each of them is pretty lame. (10/day each? <deleted>!?). (I realize they process a lot more 90 day reports, that's the one

thing they have learned to 'streamline'). It's a joke and their the only ones laughing.

Been here 12 years and it's STILL the SAME 8-10 principal people there. In 12 years the only progress

they have made is creating another place that ONLY does residence letters.

Was there recently at 7am, they handed out about 110-120 que numbers, started rejecting people around

#80. This seems to be consistent with the online system which only handles 10 people/day.

It's a complete joke and/or a complete monopoly. Not only are they either unable or unwilling to train new staff

in 12 years, ( I'm sure it's much longer than that and you would be able to confirm that). But the capacity of

each of them is pretty lame. (10/day each? <deleted>!?). (I realize they process a lot more 90 day reports, that's the one

thing they have learned to 'streamline'). It's a joke and their the only ones laughing.

Instead of dishing the staff explain to us where they are going to put the new staff needed to serve the new residents that have filtered in during the last 12 years. You do know that the number has grown don't you?

Are you suggesting maybe in the parking lot. They do a tremendous job considering the number of people they have to handle and the room they are allotted to do it in.

• Like 1

Just done my 90 day report at CW in and out within 20 mins.

No need for copies only passport and TM47 form.

CW?

Sounds like Bangkok Chaeng Wattana Immigration. Guess he missed this is the Chiang Mai forum. smile.png

Went for my 90 day reporting 10 days ago. 3 hour wait with 70 people ahead of me in the cue at 2:15pm on Friday. Absolutely the longest wait I've ever had in the 7 years I've lived here.

That many 90 day reports pretty much packed the building, not to mention all the other foreigners there for other immigration business. I don't blame CM Immigration. The 90 day desk was processing about 30 people an hour or one person every two minutes. They were busting their butts. Kudos.

3 hour wait??? is that for real? it's mind boggling that people actually drive to immigration for a 90-day when all you have to do is hand an envelope to your postman when he come round your house. what is wrong with some of you people? why not free up the queue so that people who actually need to go there (re-entry, visa extension, etc.) don't have to wait forever for people who can report by post? it makes no sense to me at all. help each other, man.

I wonder if Immigration will reopen the smaller offices,

over from the main one,where you used to do the 90

day report before,it was quick and easy then,but parking

is still the biggest draw back,

I suppose we will have to go on suffering till/when/if,they

get new offices built,hope they don't forget to have plenty

of parking.

regards Worgeordie

I wonder if Immigration will reopen the smaller offices,

over from the main one,where you used to do the 90

day report before,it was quick and easy then,but parking

is still the biggest draw back,

I suppose we will have to go on suffering till/when/if,they

get new offices built,hope they don't forget to have plenty

of parking.

regards Worgeordie

you can't drop it in the post and help free up the queue?

suffering? i never leave my house to do a 90-day'er!