90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2014

Tywais

Observation on doing a 90 Day Report:

We had our form completed and the copies needed for the report. The Officer took about

1 minute on each one of them and handed them back completed.

We had to wait over an hour while we watched dozens of the simple minded walk up to the counter

THEN begin to fill out the form-THEN out the door to get the copies made - process generally took 10-15

minutes for each one of the fools who don't have the sense to figure out what they are supposed to be doing.

Meanwhile everyonelse has to wait for them. Willing to bet in 90 days they will repeat the same process.

This is really where immigration need to step up.

Incomplete or incorrect forms should result in those persons being told to get another ticket and complete their forms as required away from the the 90 desk.

• Like 1

When they start the building I am thinking the visa services may be the way to go as for the mail I have heard to many people say they had a problem. Some even traced it and still wound up going in.

Yes I know the usual crowd will be along to say how superior they are because they were not one to have a problem with it. But I have heard enough complaints to be leary of it.

what a load of rubbish. maybe one or two people here or there but "I have heard to many people say they had a problem. Some even traced it and still wound up going in." i suppose you mean "too many people". the post is completely reliable. you are about the most unreliable source of information there is.

Dig back in all the posts and you will find where one of your three stooges had a problem with it once.

As I prophesized some one who feels superior because they had no problem with it will be along. For the most part there are many posts saying they have not had a problem with it. Most of them are the same posters just repeating them selves.

I stand by what I said.

Edited by northernjohn

Today was a good day to visit Immigration. I arrived at 1.40 and got ticket number 597, which was called almost immediately.

My photocopies and latest form TM47 (downloaded from here) were accepted and passport was scanned into the computer. My passport is new, so the details from it had to be input into the computer. Then I was told that my arrival card was "out of date". What she really meant was that only arrival cards issued since 2000 were in the computer, so the arrival card details had to be entered.

Then she discovered that the passport details shown on the arrival card did not correspond to the details of my passport on the computer, not surprising really as I've had 2 passports since the arrival card was issued. The "technical expert" was called from the back room to force the computer to accept the details.

Then they asked for proof of my address. I can only assume that this was because it was a new passport, as I've never been asked for proof before, in 25 years of reporting. I had a copy of a Certificate of Residence issued by Immigration a few months ago, and they accepted this. A case of Chiang Mai Immigration verifying my address to Chiang Mai Immigration.

Entering the address proved difficult, as well. I don't have a Soi name in my address, and the computer system apparently insists on one being entered. Time for intervention from the "technical expert" again.

Finally, the computer indicated that the date I put on the TM47 form was not the same as the equivalent date held in the computer databank. I pointed out that the date on the form was correct, and it agreed with the date shown in my passport. They wanted to see the original stamp made by Sadao immigration in 1999. This was not even in my old passport but in the one issued before that. I showed them the original stamp, and they decided to phone to Sadao to check their records, talk about a disjointed system. A few minutes later they said that Sadao had confirmed the date shown in the passport and on the TM47 was correct, so time for the 3rd and final appearance of the "technical expert".

I wonder what problems these computer adjustments will cause when I apply for my visa extension next month.

What a contrast to earlier in the day when my wife applied for a new ID card. Picture and fingerprint taken, card issued for 10 baht, all in 5-10 minutes.

Surprised them asking for so much. I just renewed my passport a few weeks ago, also my 3rd one, and my departure card is from 1993. Was not asked for the passport from the original entry as that information is transferred from passport to passport. No request for proof of address either though if needed my WP would do the job.

Surprised them asking for so much. I just renewed my passport a few weeks ago, also my 3rd one, and my departure card is from 1993. Was not asked for the passport from the original entry as that information is transferred from passport to passport. No request for proof of address either though if needed my WP would do the job.

Ditto

I checked my current passport when I arrived home. The details showing my latest entry into Thailand were not copied from my old passport. They were copied from my passport before last to my old passport. This time, only my original visa details were copied. I'll point that out in Immigration when I go for my visa application. I want to avoid future complications if necessary.

I believe the only reason they wanted to see my original stamp is because the dates didn't match, and they needed to go back to source.

Today was a good day to visit Immigration. I arrived at 1.40 and got ticket number 597, which was called almost immediately.

My photocopies and latest form TM47 (downloaded from here) were accepted and passport was scanned into the computer. My passport is new, so the details from it had to be input into the computer. Then I was told that my arrival card was "out of date". What she really meant was that only arrival cards issued since 2000 were in the computer, so the arrival card details had to be entered.

Then she discovered that the passport details shown on the arrival card did not correspond to the details of my passport on the computer, not surprising really as I've had 2 passports since the arrival card was issued. The "technical expert" was called from the back room to force the computer to accept the details.

Then they asked for proof of my address. I can only assume that this was because it was a new passport, as I've never been asked for proof before, in 25 years of reporting. I had a copy of a Certificate of Residence issued by Immigration a few months ago, and they accepted this. A case of Chiang Mai Immigration verifying my address to Chiang Mai Immigration.

Entering the address proved difficult, as well. I don't have a Soi name in my address, and the computer system apparently insists on one being entered. Time for intervention from the "technical expert" again.

Finally, the computer indicated that the date I put on the TM47 form was not the same as the equivalent date held in the computer databank. I pointed out that the date on the form was correct, and it agreed with the date shown in my passport. They wanted to see the original stamp made by Sadao immigration in 1999. This was not even in my old passport but in the one issued before that. I showed them the original stamp, and they decided to phone to Sadao to check their records, talk about a disjointed system. A few minutes later they said that Sadao had confirmed the date shown in the passport and on the TM47 was correct, so time for the 3rd and final appearance of the "technical expert".

I wonder what problems these computer adjustments will cause when I apply for my visa extension next month.

What a contrast to earlier in the day when my wife applied for a new ID card. Picture and fingerprint taken, card issued for 10 baht, all in 5-10 minutes.

Well done, interesting detail. You probably got it all sorted and the extension will go smoothly. Anyway, good luck.

Today was a good day to visit Immigration. I arrived at 1.40 and got ticket number 597, which was called almost immediately.........................................................................

Wow, what a technical nightmare! Glad you got out of there in one day.

On Friday I gave my g/f a lift to the government office to renew her passport. The whole thing from the time we got there until leaving took all of 5 minutes! But I'm sure it was more than 10 Baht. I think she said it was about 1800. But yes, quite a contrast...

Relax!

Thanks to some thorough reports just above and previous suspicions stated here for some weeks that something odd was happening delaying the speed of on-location 90-day reporting, it is obvious that the office is going through the intense agony of "technological automation," or whatever you want to call it. If you have ever been in business in the past 40 years, the pain of changing over will most likely be familiar to you, or you have simply blocked it out. I, for one, am not very critical, but then some people have higher base BP readings than I.

Anyway, don't panic! Short-term (if not ongoing) solution? Mail the damn thing in by registered post! You are covered by a registered receipt. But get the details correct, for heaven's sake! Tywais has it all pinned above. Even if you haven't the new VERY modestly revised Chiang Mai form, Immigration is not going to fine you. That modification, by the way, is simply to warn people when they have to next report. It doesn't ask for something critical like your bra size!

Even if you haven't the new VERY modestly revised Chiang Mai form, Immigration is not going to fine you. That modification, by the way, is simply to warn people when they have to next report.

It's the same information that they used to stamp onto the receipt so having added it permanently to the form saves them some time not having to put one or two more stamps on it. wink.png

Previously

post-566-0-08129200-1410796713_thumb.jpg

Just like Khrap, went in today, in my case about 1:30. Several spaces in the parking lot---I parked just outside the entrance to the office. In and out in less than 5 minutes, the easiest 90 day report I've had in years!

What's going on is everybody scared to go there, no cars in the car park.in and out in 5minutes. Has everybody left CM?

Just like Khrap, went in today, in my case about 1:30. Several spaces in the parking lot---I parked just outside the entrance to the office. In and out in less than 5 minutes, the easiest 90 day report I've had in years!

What's going on is everybody scared to go there, no cars in the car park.in and out in 5minutes. Has everybody left CM?

That post you responded to is dated Jan 13, 2014. At that time it was straight forward and easy but as of July that all changed to the worse.

Are you going to change the form on the pined topics at the top of the forum?

Would be greatly appreciated.

Modifying the form was not as simple as I expected as I had to hack the file to remove the editing password security. My first version I accidentally removed the auto-highlighting on a couple of fields so just redid the form now and is fully intact with all auto-highlighting fields working. Also, reapplied a password so members don't accidentally modify the fixed information. smile.png

The CM specific form is now in the pinned topic in both Word format and pdf format. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

I don't see a difference in the text on the form you worked on and the form I have been using for years now, Tywais. What did I miss? I have used the same form as recently as a week ago. Came back in the post just fine. But they did enclose another new form for me to include next time (can't seem to find it at the moment as my desk is covered with papers), but it has a lot of legal language on it about over-staying and what the fines are. Do you know what I mean? Seems like that may be important to include in the posted form. No?

Edit: Found it. "The Acknowledgement For Penalties of Visa Overstay"

Edited by elektrified

Yes, the change was small and did not affect the main body of the form. They basically put on the form permanently what used to be stamped on. 1st one is the old receipt, 2nd one is the new change permanently embedded into the form. Hope this clears up the differences. smile.png It was because a member said the old form was refused by CM immigration and was told to use the new one is why I made this change. Suspect, as usual, some IO will have no issue using the old form and some will have. wink.png

Looks like the old stamp was too big and overwrote the date the report was received. Note the 'Hour.........' is obscured by the stamp.

Old TM47 receipt - stamped information

post-566-0-89210800-1410871712_thumb.jpg

New TM47 receipt, embedded text

post-566-0-89814300-1410871719_thumb.jpg

I used the old one last week, no problems, though I printed off the immigration website (search google for TM47) and there was plenty of space to put the stamp.

1hr30m by the way, 2:20-3:50pm. Car washed opposite, finishing touches being applied as I walked up. They were busier than immigration!

• Like 1

Yes, the change was small and did not affect the main body of the form. They basically put on the form permanently what used to be stamped on. 1st one is the old receipt, 2nd one is the new change permanently embedded into the form. Hope this clears up the differences. smile.png It was because a member said the old form was refused by CM immigration and was told to use the new one is why I made this change. Suspect, as usual, some IO will have no issue using the old form and some will have. wink.png

Looks like the old stamp was too big and overwrote the date the report was received. Note the 'Hour.........' is obscured by the stamp.

Old TM47 receipt - stamped information

attachicon.gifTM47-mod Reciept old.jpg

New TM47 receipt, embedded text

attachicon.gifTM47-mod.jpg

Did my 90 day yesterday. Had the old form and..just in case...the new one as well.

Gave the papers to the officer,he returned the new form and used the old form.

Did my 90 day yesterday. Had the old form and..just in case...the new one as well.

laugh.png kind of funny

When I was at immigration yesterday for my annual extension renewal I took a look in the box of TM47s and saw just the old form without the addition at the bottom. facepalm.gif

• Like 1

laugh.png kind of funny

When I was at immigration yesterday for my annual extension renewal I took a look in the box of TM47s and saw just the old form without the addition at the bottom. facepalm.gif

So someone has removed your bottom!

But just seven days previous, you were in for your 90 day check in! Why two visits, when you could have killed two birds with one stone? Is it one of the girls there?

But just seven days previous, you were in for your 90 day check in! Why two visits, when you could have killed two birds with one stone? Is it one of the girls there?

Being cautious as the last two times when my 90 day was due close to my extension expiration they only gave me on the 90 days until the end of my extension rather than the full 90 days. Plus my 90 day was due on the 15th and went in for my extension on the 18th so didn't trust what might happen. I did consider it as there is a 7 day grace period but I also was concerned about time and getting another queue for the 90 day may have been problematic time wise as I had to head to labor department right away for my work permit renewal, which has to be the same day I get my new extension.

Well 3 visits to see the lovely lasses was worth the effort now that you mention it. biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sent registered mail on 12 September (about two weeks before the required report date), processed by Immigration on 15 September and completed receipt received on 19 September. Total elapsed time: one week!

The new receipt of notification (which --- don't forget --- you place in your passport) is computer-generated with a bar code recording your passport number. It contains two very clear notices in English which notify that the report is NOT an extension of stay and which notes the next reporting date.

NOTE: The Immigration Office did write a PO Box number as part of their address, both on the receipt and on the return envelope I provided. You should now address your report to P.O. Box 882 as part of the address noted by Tywais in the pinned thread. That might even speed things up further.

It is not necessary to send a report by registered mail (cost: Bt18), but it may give you some comfort in case of lost mail. I personally have never had mail misplaced in ten years or so. Up to you. For the budget-conscious, If you comfortable not going to the post office and have a clear return address, the whole process costs (for four quarterly reports annually) all of Bt24 (including postage for the return envelopes) plus the cost of envelopes and some photocopies.

Each to her own, but one agent charges Bt1500 a year, I believe: some 60x more. The difference is obviously worth more than a few cheap beers. I note this since, judging from a recent thread, there seems to be an intense interest in the cost of beer! burp.gif

Otherwise, it beats hell out of visiting the office.

• 2 weeks later...
departure card is from 1993

So that means you have not left Thailand at all for 21 years?

Correct. My job keeps me busy and happy so not too interested in going out of country plus I did a significant amount of world travel before moving here. When I decide to retire that will probably change and do a bit of traveling again.

• 4 weeks later...

My 90 day report is due on Nov 25. Today I mailed off the required bits to Immi... so, I will either here back from them that it's inside of the 15 day before window, in which case I will do the in person visit on or before the 25th...or, I will receive notice that all was received and check back in 90 days... hoping for the later...it seems easier than going there in person..