Good Places To Watch The World Cup In Pattaya ?

nathansouthall

I will be in Pattaya for the first few days of the greatest tournament on earth and would like some feedback on where will be good to watch the games, i.e big screen TVs, good atmosphere, also bearing in mind time difference Germany/Thailand.

It will be my 10th time in Pattaya so I know quite a few good places but fancied somewhere new...

Any ideas??

Thanks,

N@ (UK)

post-4570-1147774545_thumb.jpg

I seem to remember reading/watching somewhere that the local council where going to set up large screen TV's at Bali Hai pier showing all the world cup matches for free !!...sponsership by a beer company..so lets hope the drunken louts from " Engerlund " don't show up to spoil things. :D

Here's where I read it :o

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_05_05_49_3.htm

Edited by johng

Yep, Bali Hai Pier will have a massive screen with a budget of 12 million baht....so about 200k of that will go to the screen....

As for Aussie rules, let us know when you have a national team or another country you can play! :o

As for Aussie rules, let us know when you have a national team or another country you can play! :D

The Irish actually field a team each year.

The two countries play an "International Rules" series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Rules

But as for pure Aussie rules footy, no other country is brave enough to have a go, it is tougher than any other sport and requires several more levels of fitness and skill than soccer does. :o

Anyway, no one will ever come close to convincing me that soccer is all it is cracked up to be. I find it annoying. :D

/rant over

:D:D:D

Good luck mate!

ps...sorry for the hijack (oops)

I will help.

Where is the best place to watch a bunch of blokes kick a ball around and act like ponces in Pattaya?

:o:D

Sorry mate, I hope you take it as rivalry/banter rather than an insult. :D

Well, some good replies so far, thanks to Johnq, Britmaverick, Wanraya and Zzap.

I have watched games in the Dog's <deleted> before. Is it still run by Steve H, Chris and Hippy or has it changed?

I know about Tims bar

Where is King Kong bar? Remember the name but cant place it in my mind.

ANYONE KNOW ANY MORE, SURELY???

Now then 'tuky', in response to you're wonderfully rubbish argument that Aussie football is better than football, well I am very sorry to be the one to tell you this but IT JUST ISN'T!! I mean for god's sake man, have you GONE INSANE? I don't see giant screens on the ###### pier for Auzzie Football do YOU?

Man I feel bad for having to tell you this simple basic truth, it was like when I told my nephew Santa didn't exist......

Now I've started something..... (Tee hee hee)

N@

P.S. Tuky if you're in Patti around the 10th June, come and me and the lads for a beer and watch a game and we'll discuss this more and also explain the offside rule etc etc!! You're more than welcome at our table mate.

P.S. Tuky if you're in Patti around the 10th June, come and me and the lads for a beer and watch a game and we'll discuss this more and also explain the offside rule etc etc!! You're more than welcome at our table mate.

I may well take you up on that offer mate.

Mind you my work takes me all over the place, my roster says I will be home then (Sriracha) and it is a Saturday so I will be playing golf, perhaps I can forgo the usual 19th hole and the little suprise that awaits me so I can sit and talk about an imposters game with you and your mates.

Or, perhaps I will go to my usual 19th and make the most of that little suprise that awaits me.

:o

Lets keep in touch mate, at the very lest it would be nice to have a beer. Someone has to get you thinking straight.

:D:D:D