Yingluck to take back seat in Pheu Thai poll campaign

Lite Beer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"In other political developments, the Krabi provincial branch of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PRDC), which has vowed to participate in the shutdown of Bangkok on January 13, said it would not rule out a possible blockade of roads leading to airports. However, its leader, Detchart Damdee, said the matter would not be decided until the issue had been discussed."

Where does some random bloke called Detchart get the idea that he has the right to shut down the country's transport infrastructure on a whim? What's that you say? It's the right of protest against a government he doesn't like? Of course! - Thailand, the land of freedom. Anarchy might be better word.

The least surprising aspect of Pheu Thai's announcement is that Yingluck would take a back seat in the election campaign. After all, she's assumed no other stance during her entire tenure ! In terms of Pheu Thai's election platform itself, it is very hard to describe one's reaction to it without colourfully descending into the colloquial. Suffice it to say that if one major plank of their platform is the eradication of corruption, it is like a tiger that suddenly announces he's decided to adopt a vegetarian diet.

I guess that since this round the PTP ballot number is 15 instead of 1 she needs time to think of a more elaborate campaign than simply sticking one finger up.

I bet you she's hurting her head now thinking how she can manage to stick up 15 fingers.

• Like 1

The least surprising aspect of Pheu Thai's announcement is that Yingluck would take a back seat in the election campaign. After all, she's assumed no other stance during her entire tenure ! In terms of Pheu Thai's election platform itself, it is very hard to describe one's reaction to it without colourfully descending into the colloquial. Suffice it to say that if one major plank of their platform is the eradication of corruption, it is like a tiger that suddenly announces he's decided to adopt a vegetarian diet.

" it is like a tiger, that suddenly announces he's decided to adopt a vegetarian diet."

I take you are talking about Suthep??coffee1.gif

(try to google Suthep+ corruption) 475.000 hits!!w00t.gif

Yes Thailand needs change badly, but IMO Suthep is not the right guy to deliever it!!

" it is like a tiger, that suddenly announces he's decided to adopt a vegetarian diet."

I take you are talking about Suthep??coffee1.gif

(try to google Suthep+ corruption) 475.000 hits!!w00t.gif

Yes Thailand needs change badly, but IMO Suthep is not the right guy to deliever it!!

Could well be the right guy to make a change but not the right guy to be PM.

• Like 2

I guess that since this round the PTP ballot number is 15 instead of 1 she needs time to think of a more elaborate campaign than simply sticking one finger up.

I bet you she's hurting her head now thinking how she can manage to stick up 15 fingers.

I was thinking she could hold up 1 finger on one hand and 5 on the other, but that could be dangerous in an election contested by more than 50 parties.

She will win her seat easily no need to campaign.

I bet you she doesn't get one vote.

One thousand bucks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As she is #1 on the party list she doesn't even HAVE to campaign. She has the one vote she needs. It belongs to her brother Thaksin.

I suspect that if the PTP are elected and Yingluck becomes PM again it won't be that long before she resigns and one of the other members of the family takes over. I also bet she is looking forward to that day.

Damn computer cannot spell.

Edited by billd766

This is yet another. Strategic move by TS. They know that most official and espe PM will be found guilty and disqualify for illegally amending he constitution.

Illegally amending "he" constitution?

Really? And on what basis do you offer this brilliant constitutional law interpretation?

That would be the charter amendment draft to establish a fully elected Senate. The amendment was deemed unlawful by the Constitution Court on Nov 20. There will be a decision this week on whether to go ahead with charges, but the amendment has already been ruled illegal. Yingluck, and many other in the PTP government, are looking at charges and upcoming cases.

Please correct me if I am wrong!

wai2.gif

• Like 1

Being #1 on the party list might have something to do with it, no?

Mosha, read your own tagline at the bottom of your posts and then tell evrybody about democracy

This is yet another. Strategic move by TS. They know that most official and espe PM will be found guilty and disqualify for illegally amending he constitution.

Really? And on what basis do you offer this brilliant constitutional law interpretation?

That would be the charter amendment draft to establish a fully elected Senate. The amendment was deemed unlawful by the Constitution Court on Nov 20. There will be a decision this week on whether to go ahead with charges, but the amendment has already been ruled illegal. Yingluck, and many other in the PTP government, are looking at charges and upcoming cases.

Please correct me if I am wrong!

wai2.gif

I think PTP are counting on being found guilty, then bringing on the reds to counter a goverment installed by a judicial coup later on when things calm down.

I dont think they really intend to run.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1

'Suwat said he also lamented the lack of senior political figures who could help mend the current political rift - such as the late General Chatichai Choonhavan - a former premier and leader of the party. Things could have been resolved with such a figure inviting conflicting parties "to a meal where they could sip wine", he said.'

"Here, here," said Chalerm, "and put some of my ear medicine on ice too."

Being #1 on the party list might have something to do with it, no?

Mosha, read your own tagline at the bottom of your posts and then tell evrybody about democracy

I didn't add that tag line to make any comment on democracy, it's there to comment in the business of war. Comparing democracy here and back home requires a large stretch of imagination. IMHO

She took a back seat in running the country, why not the campaign. I guess she wants to avoid questions; not good at all at answers.

After her effort in the last campaign, when she blurted out B20,000 and made the rice scam an even bigger disaster, it might be better if she kept right out of it.

For someone who is (still) taking a back seat, there appear to be an awful lot of campaign posters already clogging up the city...!!

This would be followed by a theme which targets national reform and corruption eradication, while the last phase of campaign would ask voters to allow the party to implement its on-going policies and projects.

We will tell you what we are going to do about corruption, elect us first so we can all get our piece of the 3 trillion baht.

• Like 1

2014 update to 2011 slogan: Thaksin Thinks, Pheu Thai Acts, Yingluck Takes A Back Seat

So who is in the front seat?

We all know Thaksin is the back seat driver, that most annoying of car companions, but who's actually behind the wheel?

No one?

well if it is the wheel of a pink Bentley.........

As the number one party list candidate needs only a few thousand votes nation-wide, you are correct. And isn't it a great way for the wealthy to buy their way into power and get their unelectable scum cronies a safe seat too..

The For Thaksin Party wants all Senators to be elected but haven't said a word about unelected 'party list' MPs who are appointed by the totally biased and partisan party leaders. The people who select appointed Senators seem, at least, a little less biased and partisan:

• President of the Constitutional Court
  • Chairman of the Election Commission
  • Chairman of the State Audit Commission
  • A Judge in the Supreme Court of Justice holding office not lower in rank than Judge of the Supreme Court of Justice as entrusted by the general assembly of the Supreme Court of Justice.
  • A Judge of the Supreme Administrative Court as entrusted by the general assembly of judges of the Supreme Administrative Court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_of_Thailand

These 'party list' MPs are usually unelectable in a constituency situation, so they ride in on the coattails of elected members.

• Like 1

she now wanted to dedicate her time to serving as the caretaker premier and defence minister.

There goes my morning coffee, all over my keyboard.

What? Is she tired of gallivanting around the World on shopping trips? Now that she heads a 'caretaker' government, there are even less duties for her to neglect.

Seems you don't follow the forum much or you would know.

she now wanted to dedicate her time to serving as the caretaker premier and defence minister.

There goes my morning coffee, all over my keyboard.

What? Is she tired of gallivanting around the World on shopping trips? Now that she heads a 'caretaker' government, there are even less duties for her to neglect.

She is managing to maintain good grace and dignity under very trying circumstances. The rest of the world seems to recognise that, even if a few grumpy old men on a forum do not

• Like 2

According to the source, the theme for the first stage of its campaign would focus on respecting the will of the voter in order to protect democracy. This would be followed by a theme which targets national reform and corruption eradication, while the last phase of campaign would ask voters to allow the party to implement its on-going policies and projects.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

PT don't know the meaning of the word 'democracy' !!!!!

As the number one party list candidate needs only a few thousand votes nation-wide, you are correct. And isn't it a great way for the wealthy to buy their way into power and get their unelectable scum cronies a safe seat too..

The For Thaksin Party wants all Senators to be elected but haven't said a word about unelected 'party list' MPs who are appointed by the totally biased and partisan party leaders. The people who select appointed Senators seem, at least, a little less biased and partisan:

• President of the Constitutional Court
  • Chairman of the Election Commission
  • Chairman of the State Audit Commission
  • A Judge in the Supreme Court of Justice holding office not lower in rank than Judge of the Supreme Court of Justice as entrusted by the general assembly of the Supreme Court of Justice.
  • A Judge of the Supreme Administrative Court as entrusted by the general assembly of judges of the Supreme Administrative Court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_of_Thailand

These 'party list' MPs are usually unelectable in a constituency situation, so they ride in on the coattails of elected members.

If you have a problem with "Party List" MP's you really ought to direct your attention to abhisit. For it was he who amended Sections 93-98 of the current 2007 constitution in February 2011 as part of the conditions set by abhisit before calling a new election.

Part of this amendment concerned the raising of the number of "Party List" MP's from 80 to 125, Yes, that's right, 45 extra "Party List" MP's courtesy of abhisit - and all because in the previous general elections in 2007, the Democrat Party had lost the constituency vote but won the proportional party list vote.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90777/90851/7285017.html, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011

Didn't do them (or him) much good though.