Rodman and NBA old timers to play game in North Korea

webfact

Dennis Rodman, NBA old timers head to North Korea for basketball game

Beijing (CNN) -- Eccentric basketball star Dennis Rodman and several other former NBA players are on their way to take part in a controversial basketball game in North Korea on the birthday of the country's young, unpredictable leader Kim Jong-Un.

The friendly contest is planned for Wednesday, when Kim is believed to turn 31, and features a number of NBA old timers.

It takes place just weeks after North Korea shocked the world by announcing the purge and execution of Kim's once-powerful uncle.

Darren Prince, Rodman's agent for 16 years, told CNN on Sunday that Kenny Anderson, Cliff Robinson, Vin Baker, Craig Hodges, Doug Christie, and Charles D. Smith would play against the North Korean Senior National Team.

"I don't know the exact time of the game but I believe it's in the evening," he said.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/06/world/asia/north-korea-dennis-rodman/index.html

-- CNN 2014-01-06

I have mixed feelings. The USA still has freedom if they allow these fools to go. They don't represent the U.S. government or the American people. Yes they are being used for propaganda but on the other hand there is a subtext that they are coming from a free country.

I think his credibility ship has sailed. If you want credibility, you find someone better than Dennis Rodman.

Rodman is one step above the 3 Stooges.

Perhaps but that's one step above what is actually deserved.

Again, I think your view is naive.

This "game" is a propaganda win for the NK regime.

I think his credibility ship has sailed. If you want credibility, you find someone better than Dennis Rodman.

Rodman is one step above the 3 Stooges.

Perhaps but that's one step above what is actually deserved.

Again, I think your view is naive.

This "game" is a propaganda win for the NK regime.

A win in whose eyes?

I'm wondering who the biggest nutter is, Rodman or Kin Jong-Un?

No question Rodman

Any body who would intentional put them selves in a position to get literally fed to the dogs for displeasing

Kin Jong-Un. Has to be screwy in the head. If he wins the kook might have him eaten for embarrassing the North Koreans and if he loses the kook might have him fed to the dogs for not playing up to his abilities. Actually the kook doesn't need a reason he is the boss end of discussion no argument he said it so it is fact and not open to discussion. Of course then Rodman has bnot always thought things out.