Mazda BT-50 Pro

Back Sida

Hello,

could anyone please give me a feedback on the BT-50 Pro 2.2 L please.

I got a nice offer for a 4 month second hand one but a friend told me that the car has may problems.

I can not imagine it as it is the twin of the Ford Ranger.

Any comment welcome.

Thanks Back

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had one for a year and a half and am very happy with it. Comfortable, seems just as powerful and fast as the 3.0 Isuzu I had previously and all in all just a good car. No problems, and I have no heard of any major problems with the car.

If it is the twin of my Ranger then yes it has many problems.

OK Spoonman,you've had some big misfortune with yours,but I have my Ranger for almost 1.5 years and besides this little rust on 2 injectors problem(that was fixed BTW),it runs close to perfect...very happy with it...

...so what other problems are there?

I have one for a year now and love it. No problems at all. I wonder if the person who says many problems owns one.

Possible the person might own one, problems with Rangers are well reported and there are many complaints.

Edited by Spoonman

I have one for a year now and love it. No problems at all. I wonder if the person who says many problems owns one.

Possible the person might own one, problems with Rangers are well reported and there are many complaints.

There is no word "my" in this post,so what are those problems....believe me,I just want to know since I own one and this may prevent some sh#t to happen in the future...smile.png

Transmissions.

clutches.

CV Joints.

Intercoolers.

Intercooler piping.

Climate control switches.

Engines.

CV Joints.

Just off the top of my head.

Yeah,OK....that's not gonna help...

I understand,that you've made a lot of modifications to your truck,that may,or may not cause your troubles....at least the Ford warranties wise...and I guess,we will never know sad.png

The mods to my Ranger are as follows,

Shaved tailgate.

Black Mirror covers.

Black radiator grille.

Black fender grilles

Seat Covers.

Stainless steel sill protectors.

Wireless reverse camera.

Nolathane rear shackle bushes.

Shortened side steps.

Shortened mudflaps.

22" rims.

Edited by Spoonman

The mods to my Ranger are as follows,

Shaved tailgate.

Black Mirror covers.

Black radiator grille.

Black fender grilles

Seat Covers.

Stainless steel sill protectors.

Wireless reverse camera.

Nolathane rear shackle bushes.

Shortened side steps.

Shortened mudflaps.

22" rims.

Don't want to make light of your woes Spoonman - just the opposite really - what about the sound system you had fitted? Bet that has shaken it a bit! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Still has 100% oem sound system fitted. my plans to fit the system from my Colorado never came to fruition as Iam/was working on fitting my 8" touch screen and car pc...obviously that got put on hold about 7 months ago when my engine problem arouse.

Still has 100% oem sound system fitted. my plans to fit the system from my Colorado never came to fruition as Iam/was working on fitting my 8" touch screen and car pc...obviously that got put on hold about 7 months ago when my engine problem arouse.

Hope you get it all sorted. Always had the Ford SUVs while I was in the States - never had a problem. I'll have second thoughts on getting one here though after reading your woes.

Transmissions.

clutches.

CV Joints.

Intercoolers.

Intercooler piping.

Engines.

CV Joints.

To clarify the list above is not all on my Ranger.

I have only had clutch and engine issues.

Transmissions.

clutches.

CV Joints.

Intercoolers.

Intercooler piping.

Engines.

CV Joints.

To clarify the list above is not all on my Ranger.

I have only had clutch and engine issues.

Hi,

to clarify things:

My friend own a Ranger Wildtrak 3.2 for over a year now and not one problem. But told me that his friend (I dont know him) has a BT-50 with a lot of problems.

I actually liked to know about the Mazda BT-50 2.2

does the above list apply to the BT-50 as well?

Heard this afternoon Our BT-50 at work popped the turbo, 18k on the clock so add that to the list.

This I find hard to understand. I've got nearly 400,000Km on a 3.0 Dmax and its still on the origional turbo. Has quality control changed that much in the last 5-10m years? 18,000Km however its driven is pretty inexcusable.

Heard this afternoon Our BT-50 at work popped the turbo, 18k on the clock so add that to the list.

To clarify everything, exactly what happened to the turbo in your BT-50? coffee1.gif

Bearing failure is what I heard and compressor met housing.

At the end of the day people will have a good experience with a mass produced vehicle and others will not.

Roll the dice.

From all the failures I have heard about it is a tiny percentage of vehicles sold, problem with Thailand is when you have a failure they will tell you to <deleted> off (Ford in particular) when it comes to claiming on warranty.

Edited by Spoonman

To clarify everything, exactly what happened to the turbo in your BT-50? coffee1.gif

Bearing failure is what I heard and compressor met housing.

At the end of the day people will have a good experience with a mass produced vehicle and others will not.

Roll the dice.

From all the failures I have heard about it is a tiny percentage of vehicles sold, problem with Thailand is when you have a failure they will tell you to <deleted> off (Ford in particular) when it comes to claiming on warranty.

Bearing failure at 11k miles (18k km), what a bummer! It could also be attributed to failure of adequate lubrication among other things not related to the highly automated mfg process.

I hope the owner was compensated under warranty.

HI,

thanks for all you comments and input.

My dilemma is that I really like the Ranger from the look and prefer the Wildtrak because of the interior, i.e. Bluetooth, Audio Control on Steering Wheel, Electrochromatic Rear View Mirror, I don´t like manual and a little bit of power is also preferred (3.2.L). As we know, not available in the moment and I´m in need for a car at the end of the month.

How about the XLT compered to the BT-50?

Or could you with aftermarket parts get the XLT-AT to a near Wildtrack? For example: http://www.zulex.co.th/products/product_detail/850

An option would be buy the BT-50 second hand or a XLT new and order a Wildtrak 3.2. and wait and hope not to lose to much money on the sale in 12 month or so...

Thanks Backi

Is the one with the reported problems the 3.2ltr or the smaller one?

From most of the posts I've read is that the transmission cna't handle the torue on the 3.2ltr

If it is indeed true, II suppose it wouldn't apply to the smaller engine?

Can you show some sources of this issue., I can't find anything about it.

Not heard anything about the2.2/auto but the 3.2/auto has been known to eat the torque converter which then generously pumps chunks on metal through the transmission destroying it.