US grants Bt34 million fund for Ayutthaya's Wat Chai restoration

webfact

Will visitors and Thai residents than finally have to pay the same price to visit? I don't visit and I don't recommend Ayutthaya anymore as every time I feel cheated. Even presenting a work permit they still want me to pay the "farang" entry price every time at all sites

I get annoyed over the same thing and cannot see why UNESCO and in this case the Americans are sanctioning rascial discrimination at these sites.

As someone else hinted above this is just a bribe to smooth the way to getting the US Naval base built because it's met opposition and been declined. Oh politics don't you just love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Will visitors and Thai residents than finally have to pay the same price to visit? I don't visit and I don't recommend Ayutthaya anymore as every time I feel cheated. Even presenting a work permit they still want me to pay the "farang" entry price every time at all sites

Great post. I get so pissed off at this double pricing B.S. If I ever do visit this way, I will be sure to mention this not only to the ticket lady but, will ask to speak to the HMFiC. Racism period.

I tried to do a little research, and it looks to me like the World Monument Fund is a private American organization that restores historical sites. This article does make it sound like it's the US government giving $350K to this project, especially when it describes the involvement of the embassy in providing experts, etc. But, since the WMF is an independent organization, it doesn't sound like the US government's involvement goes beyond providing expert advice.

Edited by dogfight17

So the American government borrows money from China to give to Thailand so they can charge Americans 5 times what Thai people pay to visit something that the Thai couldn't even be bothered to spend their own money to restore. Then the Thais will find a way to blame America for something or other and will protesting at the embassy again.

It seems pretty clear that either Obama's administration is trying to destroy America or they are setting up something big in Thailand that they don't want people to know about.

The sun must be hot where you live whistling.gif

Its no big deal, America just printed some extra for this one. America is one of Thailands ATMs. You "blokes" in the UK have some catching up to do.

I think Sir Anthony Rumbold of the UK, had it about right - way back in 1967. Google his name.