I won't miss...

SailingHome

I'm in Philippines the last 13 months and am going back to LOS on Sunday. Frankly, Phils is NOT for me. Here is what I will not miss - just a rant amungst friends to get it out of my system, no offense intended...

Noise and women who pick their nose, burp, glug up throat snot, and spit EVERYWHERE they go is on my mind right now as I TRY to enjoy a cafe...

1. Generic medicine is illegal, branded medicine is higher cost than USA cash price

2. Internet sucks even at a shop

3. Poverty even in hotels

4. Food so bad for me that I get sick

5. Crowds

6. "(wait) awhile” is the National Phrase and is considered customer service

7. "no stock”

8. Few places to go and most of those you pay to use the facilities which are poverty-like

9. Pay for activities but no parks except rancid urine smell and beggars litterally harassing

10. Burping, spitting, loud people that are crass

11. Most dress like ditch diggers - pants and old t-shirts - all the time everywhere

12. NOISE everywhere of “personal” music so loud everyone can hear it 'clearly' on the tinny, cracked speakers - cafe music so loud can't talk

13. NOISE everywhere of racing of engines

What do you not miss of where you are from or where you have been?

• Like 1

And you are coming to Thailand to avoid all of these things? Have you ever been to Thailand before?
Yup. Spent 2.5 years there in Pattaya, BKK, and Koh Samet before Phils. It's perfect for me.One of my meds for Parkinsons is $150 in USA, $500 in Phils, and $40 in Thailand. When you have Parkinsons, most of the above issues make you very ill (noise, improper food, irritations, stress...) 2 of my other meds are not sold in Phils because they have gone generic. There are alternative meds for those but despite being 5 years old have not been approved by Phils FDA. Even if meds were available and affordable, I would be unhappy here.
Well thats it then.......................no point in me going to the philipines,sounds terrible. Seriously though what about all the beautiful islands,surely they cant all be like you describe?
Phils is great for some people. Some of them, yes, just swill the beer that is 1/2 the price of Thailand, and the younger girls are cute if no rice belly, but most do not and are happy. Islands are nice, but filthy as squatters gather there so the sand gets black from filth (old timers talk about when it was white and good sea food.) If you go to a resort, multiple people are blasting music from their cheap speakers and the food is bad. Getting to those islands by bus and boat is nasty compared to LOS, but if airport only 1/2 as bad. The farm areas can be nice, but I can get that in Thailand along with the other benefits.I surveyed a lot of expats here... newbies are happy, oldies are either leaving, moved to the farms, or wonderib what to do. Some feel stuck because they married here. I did too, but my wife understands that with Parkinsons I simply can't live here and be healthy. Edited by SailingHome

Not slanging them, just saying what does not work for me personally. We all have those feelings in some way no matter where we are. I am just venting as we all need to do amungst trustes friends from time to time. Wondering what others are glad to have left behind too.

Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If Thailand is 3rd world, PI is 4th for sure. Not ready for prime time.

Having said that, the women are REALLY nice. I speak fluent Thai so I can handle myself just fine in Thailand but I really adore the Filipinas way way more although I wish to live in Thailand as it's more modern. My dream is more Filipinas in Thailand. Then you get the best of both worlds.

If Thailand is 3rd world, PI is 4th for sure. Not ready for prime time.

Having said that, the women are REALLY nice. I speak fluent Thai so I can handle myself just fine in Thailand but I really adore the Filipinas way way more although I wish to live in Thailand as it's more modern. My dream is more Filipinas in Thailand. Then you get the best of both worlds.

I know many Pinas in Thailand. Look in Minburi and on DateInAsia

• Like 1

welcome to thailand.

i've never seen a nose picker or poverty, heard any loud noise, had crap internet, been in a crowded places, heard shop staff say 'no have' or experienced bad customer service...

you'll love it here!

I do love it LOS so am returning despite my wife being a Pina. When I comment to complainers on the Philippines-expats forum to go to Thailand to solve their problems, they get upset saying they are stuck here. Sorry, bros, you are never that stuck if you don't want to be. Happiness wins for me!

Phills is not my cup of tea either. I prefer Thailand and won't go back to the Phills well ever!

What, specifically, pissed in your tea to sour you on Phils? What about your home country? Are you happy for the most part in LOS?

Dirty, Unlike the guy who posted below me I am not a fan of Phillipina women at all. Food was nasty. a guy can only eat chicken Adobo so many times before its bland. I come from Canada it's nice there but way to expensive. + with my work I can live in Thailand 100% tax free so its a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

welcome to thailand.

i've never seen a nose picker or poverty, heard any loud noise, had crap internet, been in a crowded places, heard shop staff say 'no have' or experienced bad customer service...

you'll love it here!

YUP, the OP will NEVER see a nose picker here in Thailand." WISE UP" OP and remove the rose tints

welcome to thailand.

you'll love it here!

YUP, the OP will NEVER see a nose picker here in Thailand." WISE UP" OP and remove the rose tints

Wise up about what? I am leaving that stuff behind!

Lol... noticed another thing about Phils women too vs. Thai. Thai girls wear pretty, natural-looking makup (except ladyboys and bar girls). Phils like to look they made out with a clown. lol. Phils is really not my cup of tea.

Oh, this all ratified by my Filipina wife. She was raised way differently than the average. She is very Thai-like. Not judging them, only stating what I don't like for ME. I realize that is their culture, that works for them, Thailand works for me, so I am going back to Thailand.

Let me see your face Sir? I just wanna know how good looking you are to give you the right to judge filipino women like that.

I don't wear makeup.

Yeah, I know.

Let me remind you Sir most filipino women don't wear make up. Where did you get the idea that filipino women look like a clown? I go to my work without make up. Philippines has 7,000+ islands did you try to visit all?

Edited by Shancloudy

There are so many restaurant in Manila did you try to go there? Have you seen Generics Pharmacy they sell cheapest medicine. The name is Generics Pharmacy.

I would like to invite you with your wife to my place in the Philippines. I want you to see the different places in the Philippines.