I want to show my friend an 'adventure' in Bangkok this saturday

Neeeko

My friend has come to Thailand and is leaving after this weekend. I've already taken him to Silom and will take him to Nana/cowboy this friday. On Saturday we plan to go out in the day for some drinks. I know some alright bars to take him to but nothing more. Can anyone give me any places/bars/spots to go to that will make him go home thinking 'WOW'

Anything different or far from ordinary would be great.

Any advice is appreciated!

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Maggie Choo's under the Novotel in Silom ..... very different (if a bit pretentious). "Secret" 1930's prohibition era Shanghai bar located off a 1930's Shanghai noodle bar with girls in Chinese silk dresses on swings and cool jazz band.

Bangkok Betty's - Holiday Inn Sukhumvit - 1950's atomic bomb factory with pin up girls. Titanium is opposite - so you can walk over the road as the all-girl band is good in this bar.

Crazy House - around the corner from Cowboy ..... it's erm ....... crazy ..... but not much fun.

What kind of crazy?

Maggie Choo's under the Novotel in Silom ..... very different (if a bit pretentious). "Secret" 1930's prohibition era Shanghai bar located off a 1930's Shanghai noodle bar with girls in Chinese silk dresses on swings and cool jazz band.

Bangkok Betty's - Holiday Inn Sukhumvit - 1950's atomic bomb factory with pin up girls. Titanium is opposite - so you can walk over the road as the all-girl band is good in this bar.

Crazy House - around the corner from Cowboy ..... it's erm ....... crazy ..... but not much fun.

What kind of crazy?

What kind of crazy?

more naked flesh than you can wave a stick at but agree not much fun

• Like 1

What kind of crazy?

more naked flesh than you can wave a stick at but agree not much fun

Yes - jam packed with naked girls being groped by elderly Japanese businessmen. Used to have good live music on the top floor - but that seems to be finished to make way for more naked girls.

Swimming with the giant monitor lizards in the lake and canals of Lumpini Park while drunk, at night when the park is closed (of course). One of the essential Bangkok experiences.

Sunrise tacos will keep anything at bay...

What do you think the "special" pork at Sunrise Tacos really is?

My friend has come to Thailand and is leaving after this weekend. I've already taken him to Silom and will take him to Nana/cowboy this friday. On Saturday we plan to go out in the day for some drinks. I know some alright bars to take him to but nothing more. Can anyone give me any places/bars/spots to go to that will make him go home thinking 'WOW'

Anything different or far from ordinary would be great.

Any advice is appreciated!

beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

Put on a clean white long-sleeved dress shirt, dark pants, tie, leather shoes.

Shave and comb your hair.

Cruise the protest sites for multi-cultural Thais among the yellows and the reds.

Could change your life.

• Like 1

What kind of adventure? If he likes some action once in a while then wait until the 13th of January and go to Victory Monument while wearing a tshirt with Thaksin's face on it.

Both of you are going to have the adventure of your life.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

A previous post mentioned Maggie Choo's... Highly recommended as well for starters... then...

Highly recommended too... Down the street at Patpong/Surawong at 10pm nightly at the gogo/coyote club named Pink Panther they have Muay Thai... and there is an excellent selection of very good and beautiful service providers

If he's not into what he sees there, take him to Kings Castle... that might be an adventure :-O