Caretaker PM Yingluck warns of third party interference

webfact

Yingluck is the voice of reason again.

She seems to be the most reasonable of all. Suthep (who anxiously assist for violence) must hate it.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Third party influence = reason? And this: She said the specially-established Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) will set up a war room. Nice turn of phrase.

It's always good when PTP acolytes issue moronic posts - self-foot-shooting at its best.

From a quick google:

'Democrat Party spokeperson Buranaj Smutharaks said the party's war room has assessed the situation and believe the will either be a violent confrontation or even civil war or the red-shirt may protesters may turn up all over the kingdom calling for amnesty for Thaksin and his banned former colleagues.' http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/03/30/politics/politics_30099208.php

'A source within the Democrat War Room states that that the protests will likely last another week and the 35 deaths is acceptable because we have estimated 200-500 deaths. In regards to the coalition partners abandoning the government, this is unlikely as Bhum Jai Thai still supports the government.' http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1835

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you haven't seen the example of the most amateurish, hypocritical and cynical attempt to build an alibi look no further than this particular thread. One doesn't know whether to cry or laugh. Everyone knows that the men in black are Thaksin private army. And everyone knows that the men in black were third party in 2010 killing both soldiers and protesters at the same time. This time maybe protesters and police officers.

• Like 2

If you haven't seen the example of the most amateurish, hypocritical and cynical attempt to build an alibi look no further than this particular thread. One doesn't know whether to cry or laugh. Everyone knows that the men in black are Thaksin private army. And everyone knows that the men in black were third party in 2010 killing both soldiers and protesters at the same time. This time maybe protesters and police officers.

Regardless of your opinions on 2010 (which are wrong - MiB were there, but obviously didn't kill all protesters, if any), you seem to have failed to appreciate the situation. Violence benefits Suthep. It does not benefit the government. Prayuth has made it clear that any violence - regardless of which side is perceived to be guilty - will be the government's responsibility. So tell me again why you think they'd want people killed? Meanwhile, Suthep can't win unless the military gets involved... it's not really so difficult to understand.

• Like 2

Regardless of your opinions on 2010 (which are wrong - MiB were there, but obviously didn't kill all protesters, if any), you seem to have failed to appreciate the situation. Violence benefits Suthep. It does not benefit the government. Prayuth has made it clear that any violence - regardless of which side is perceived to be guilty - will be the government's responsibility. So tell me again why you think they'd want people killed? Meanwhile, Suthep can't win unless the military gets involved... it's not really so difficult to understand.

Let's try to keep 2010 out of this even if MiB killed some non-red-shirts.

The government keeps suggesting 'violence', '3rd party', 'others', 'not our responsibility'. They have been doing this ever since groups of anti-government protesters took to the streets. Just check what was suggested when Pitak Siam had their gatherings.

So, it would seem the government just sows fear and positions itself to a "we told you so"

• Like 2

I think YS doesn't want to be in this position. The best way to get out of this mess is for her is to have the court or the NACC find her guilty of a some crime and remove her from office.

She really cares, so she is going to run for another term.....yeaaaaa.....Dubai definitely.

She seems to be the most reasonable of all. Suthep (who anxiously assist for violence) must hate it.

Third party influence = reason? And this: She said the specially-established Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) will set up a war room. Nice turn of phrase.

It's always good when PTP acolytes issue moronic posts - self-foot-shooting at its best.

From a quick google:

'Democrat Party spokeperson Buranaj Smutharaks said the party's war room has assessed the situation and believe the will either be a violent confrontation or even civil war or the red-shirt may protesters may turn up all over the kingdom calling for amnesty for Thaksin and his banned former colleagues.' http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/03/30/politics/politics_30099208.php

'A source within the Democrat War Room states that that the protests will likely last another week and the 35 deaths is acceptable because we have estimated 200-500 deaths. In regards to the coalition partners abandoning the government, this is unlikely as Bhum Jai Thai still supports the government.' http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1835

As I was just demonstrating how idiotic Yingluck's 'voice of reason' looked, you have just reinforced my post by making it look like a war is about to break out rather than a protest. A prachatai 'source' is not the most credible source to base a war on.

Capo (great name) has already shown its lying ability - being led by a passport delivery relative - and escalating the crisis is not helping anybody, except maybe Thaksin who has already shown his utter callousness in a number of crackdowns & gimmie back my money riots.

• Like 1

So then we will have to agree to disagree. No one said they killed all protesters (stop implying nonsense), they killed some on both says in order to cause chaos. They succeeded. If violence does not benefit this current joke of a government, why they didn't delay the election till some time in May 2014. Why they didn't act upon EC suggestions? Hidden agendas perhaps? The amnesty bill?

Just listen to yourself. Suthep can't win....It's ludicrous. Who is Suthep? As I said earlier, it's amazing how many of you give Suthep credit. Suthep is not even a player. He is played.

Bangkokians are afraid of violence. They're soft. That's what this current joke of the government counts on.

Edited by Mackie

no doubt there will be hardcore elements of the yellow shirt anti goverment protesters popping up to instigate violence.

the unspoken goal of sutheps movement is to bring the country to a dead(literally) end, and to "force" a coup.

a 3rd party will create those conditions.

I want to bet there are more hardcore, and armed, elements of the redshirts willing to make trouble.

The outspoken goal of the redshirt leaders, and NOT the followers, is making the country a private playground for the T-gang.

By any legal and illegal means.

You remember the last time the redshirt leaders ordered the followers to burn down "things".

I did not hear or see anything in that order uttered by Suthep & Co.

I am afraid you have some things wrong.

From a quick google:

As I was just demonstrating how idiotic Yingluck's 'voice of reason' looked, you have just reinforced my post by making it look like a war is about to break out rather than a protest. A prachatai 'source' is not the most credible source to base a war on.

Capo (great name) has already shown its lying ability - being led by a passport delivery relative - and escalating the crisis is not helping anybody, except maybe Thaksin who has already shown his utter callousness in a number of crackdowns & gimmie back my money riots.

These are old posts, the first from March 09, the second from May 2010, just to show that calling the strategy room a 'war room' is standard practice, not a provocation as you suggested. And Democrat spokesman Dr Buranaj was predicting civil war in 09 before the red shirts had showed up in Bangkok (and over a year before any men in black had entered the picture). I would say that's a good example of something that could truly be described as scaremongering. Now we've seen 8 deaths already during these protests, why is it scaremongering for the government to suggest there may be clashes and that protesters should consider their own safety before joining the protests? Surely that's just realistic?

That Prachatai piece, as I've said, is from 2010 (and the source was Matichon btw), but there's a tendency from anti-govt people to discredit every source now if it's unfavourable. Even The Nation, it's suggested, may have become pro-govt because it's trying to suggest that Suthep is seeking violence. It seems if it's not "the men in black" and Thaksin behind every violent event that happens, it's a biased source and a lie, apparently... and the attitude from the protesters themselves seems to be that they can justify anything they do because even if they are violent, Thaksin is worse. That sort of delusion only increases the chances for violence imo. People seem to be incapable of realizing that Thaksin isn't the only one cynical enough to employ violence for his own gain. Read Voranai's article in the Post from earlier. He knows the score.

• Like 1

So then we will have to agree to disagree. No one said they killed all protesters (stop implying nonsense), they killed some on both says in order to cause chaos. They succeeded. If violence does not benefit this current joke of a government, why they didn't delay the election till some time in May 2014. Why they didn't act upon EC suggestions? Hidden agendas perhaps? The amnesty bill?

Just listen to yourself. Suthep can't win....It's ludicrous. Who is Suthep? As I said earlier, it's amazing how many of you give Suthep credit. Suthep is not even a player. He is played.

Bangkokians are afraid of violence. They're soft. That's what this current joke of the government counts on.

I agree on Suthep, at least. Regards 2010, nobody really knows for sure. I'm willing to be cynical and think the MiB might have killed a few on their own side, but there's no evidence I've seen from that. Certainly could've happened in situations where there was 'crossfire' though. The court has already ruled they couldn't determine which side the shooter was on in some cases, I believe.

Back to current scenario, I don't see why delaying the election time would make any difference? Also, it won't be Bangkokians that are involved with the violence for the most part. It'll be the hardcore - the technical students, the rubber formers, the PAD veterans - same deal as PAD in 08 basically. These guys could just protest peacefully and it'd have zero effect. Only way they can win is to create a chaotic situation. Or tell me how else you think they could effect this Council?

Back to current scenario, I don't see why delaying the election time would make any difference? Also, it won't be Bangkokians that are involved with the violence for the most part. It'll be the hardcore - the technical students, the rubber formers, the PAD veterans - same deal as PAD in 08 basically. These guys could just protest peacefully and it'd have zero effect. Only way they can win is to create a chaotic situation. Or tell me how else you think they could effect this Council?

I don't think Suthep himself believes in the possibility of establishing any sort of people's council as such. It's just empty talk. No one is going to let him have any meaningful position in the future Thai government. He is already history. The best way out of this mess, is another coup with a technocrat government in place. Competent people from all sides involved. And really, Thai judiciary, Thai Army and Thai Police need to toughen up and send considerable number of the current politicians to prison for a long, long time. Either they set an example, or the country is going to the dogs. Thailand is in a mess today, only because thugs and terrorists from 2010 and were let off the hook and not punished accordingly. Actually, they were not punished at all, they were rewarded for their criminal actions and terrorism against their own people and their own state.

Edited by Mackie

From a quick google:

These are old posts, the first from March 09, the second from May 2010, just to show that calling the strategy room a 'war room' is standard practice, not a provocation as you suggested. And Democrat spokesman Dr Buranaj was predicting civil war in 09 before the red shirts had showed up in Bangkok (and over a year before any men in black had entered the picture). I would say that's a good example of something that could truly be described as scaremongering. Now we've seen 8 deaths already during these protests, why is it scaremongering for the government to suggest there may be clashes and that protesters should consider their own safety before joining the protests? Surely that's just realistic?

That Prachatai piece, as I've said, is from 2010 (and the source was Matichon btw), but there's a tendency from anti-govt people to discredit every source now if it's unfavourable. Even The Nation, it's suggested, may have become pro-govt because it's trying to suggest that Suthep is seeking violence. It seems if it's not "the men in black" and Thaksin behind every violent event that happens, it's a biased source and a lie, apparently... and the attitude from the protesters themselves seems to be that they can justify anything they do because even if they are violent, Thaksin is worse. That sort of delusion only increases the chances for violence imo. People seem to be incapable of realizing that Thaksin isn't the only one cynical enough to employ violence for his own gain. Read Voranai's article in the Post from earlier. He knows the score.

If calling something a war room isn't a provocation then what is it? Because the Dems did it in 2009 makes it ok now? It was wrong then & equally wrong now.

I discard sources based on their underlying theme of supporting one side or the other - not on just one or two articles. Pratachai fits that criteria. As for Voranai, he writes about 1 sensible article for every 10 printed (he manages to do somersaults, head-stands, and contradictions all in one article).

As for Suthep and the protestors justifying violence - that depends on your version of violence. My version is attacking, intimidating, & instigating attacks on people. None of what Suthep has planned fits that definition. I just don't buy the invading buildings peacefully, cutting off water or power and asking bureauocrats to stop work as violence. I will admit that the 'students' group may have other ideas of a violent sort - but that's not what Capo is admitting.

Why does she not give out the names and address of such third party individuals in her and her brothers employ. How can someone with her past history hoped to be taken with credibility when she claims that reconciliation is the answer. She falls well short of the attributes of honesty and integrity that are a pre- requisite.

YS should just let Suthep and his thugs run riot. Afterall, Bkk is the heartland of the yellow shirts right? If they want to shit in their own backyard, let them go ahead. I'm sure the reds don't give a hoot if Bkk is raised to the ground smile.png

Shit in their own backyard?

Must be a turd party surely?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes let's hope there aren't more of your unidentified black clothed armed policemen on rooftops. Oh and let's not forget the armed policemen high on drugs also.

I choose not to speculate who is or is not on drugs. Otherwise, I tread into the realm of mere guesswork.

From a quick google:

The big difference between the Dems' war room and Yingluck's war room is that Yingluck does it to avoid a bloodshed, while the Dems would find violence very convenient to help their dirty political goals...

On his side, Suthep does not need a war room... He makes the war with his yellow thugs...

I'm sure the reds don't give a hoot if Bkk is raised to the ground smile.png

Surely you meant "razed to the ground"????????????????

I understood his meaning. I prefer to let pass the grammar, syntax, spelling, etc., oversights. Sorry to hear that the "?" is stuck.

Yes let's hope there aren't more of your unidentified black clothed armed policemen on rooftops. Oh and let's not forget the armed policemen high on drugs also.

Are you serious?

Are you incapable of reading the news thread?

It has been admitted that the "men in dark clothing" on the roof of the Labour Ministry were actually policemen.

A policeman was arrested for carrying a gun and carrying drugs. There was nothing AFAIAA to say that he was high, however.

Fab4 you really need to look at both sides of the coin, like so many of the people dragging this country down ...people on BOTH sides, that is.

Of course I was aware of these "incidents"

I was asking him if he was serious that Yingluck was responsible for a (singular) policeman who was armed and in possession of drugs as if it was government policy, which was what he was implying. Whereas policemen on rooftops using tear gas as a crowd control device is not extraordinary.

These type of posts are written in knee jerk soundbites with no thought behind the content. You are giving him far too much credence by trying to analyse his post and find something intelligent about it.

Edited by fab4