Big Bike rental in Pattaya?

ConorJohnson796

Hi everyone,

To 'burgerking' and 'suthansman' if you read ever so carefully, i never said i was an experienced rider, just that i had experience on big bikes. The experience i have is that i've owned big bikes in the past, like the one i own now and ride every day in Pattaya, which is a Ducati 1198sp, one of four. So yes, considering that it's probably one of the fastest, scariest big bikes you can get, second to only an 1199R, i think thats just enough experience to be able to handle a slower, 1000cc bike.

Mogandave, as i mentioned above i have a Ducati and its like a dream, and although yes i usually have no trouble gathering up the hotties, its sort of hard with my Duc being a one seater /: laugh.png So it'll be a nice temporary change to take one along haha.

Thanks Aussieroaming, i'll have to check that one out. Regarding your road tour, there's a 'hassle-free' place advertised around Tukcom that hire out Ninja 650's specifically for touring if you're still thinking about going touring.

Thanks everyone.smile.png

Sorry, I thought you said 1,000 CC+. 650s should be much easier to find and cheaper.

No such thing as a one seater...

REALLY!!!!!!

So the one seaters I've seen must be a figment of my imagination giggle.gif .

Hi everyone,

To 'burgerking' and 'suthansman' if you read ever so carefully, i never said i was an experienced rider, just that i had experience on big bikes. The experience i have is that i've owned big bikes in the past, like the one i own now and ride every day in Pattaya, which is a Ducati 1198sp, one of four. So yes, considering that it's probably one of the fastest, scariest big bikes you can get, second to only an 1199R, i think thats just enough experience to be able to handle a slower, 1000cc bike.

Mogandave, as i mentioned above i have a Ducati and its like a dream, and although yes i usually have no trouble gathering up the hotties, its sort of hard with my Duc being a one seater /: laugh.png So it'll be a nice temporary change to take one along haha.

Thanks Aussieroaming, i'll have to check that one out. Regarding your road tour, there's a 'hassle-free' place advertised around Tukcom that hire out Ninja 650's specifically for touring if you're still thinking about going touring.

Thanks everyone.smile.png

Sorry, I thought you said 1,000 CC+. 650s should be much easier to find and cheaper.

No such thing as a one seater...

Well, sadly my bike is indeed a one seater, would be able to fit a passenger if i was to lift someone onto where the seat would be, which i would do if there were passenger foot pegs and if the paint where they'd sit didn't scratch with a simple touch of clothing. A huge pain..

I see 15 year old Thai girls riding 5-up everyday...

Yes, but they usually aren't going fast enough to be maimed or dead if they come off.

I always feel sorry for the bargirls I see on the back of some tourist's big bike. Given most of the guys probably have very little bike experience at all, and certainly none in Thailand, the chances are high of an unhappy outcome. I knew one that died that way- very sad as she was a lovely person.

I heard about a Mr. A between Soi 8 and 9 on Beach Road. Perhaps my memory is wrong and it was the Mr. Deen. Read the whole thread and this was the only source of renting a big bike (i.e., Mr. Deen).

Some good advice. Still the question is as to whether or not there are other places to rent larger bikes which, by that I mean, approximately 600 cc and above. I do not like to drive a bike fast but like it to have the power if it is needed to get out of harms way. Also, it would seem that the stability, for a heavier rider, is better on a traditional motorcycle.

Still in the explore the possibility stage so other helpful comments are gladly accepted. Thank you in advance for any posts.

Walk along beach road past Royal Garden, forgot which soi, but there is one operate by a muslim lady, their bikes are parked just into the soi, a few big bikes, have rented twice from them, no hanky panky tricks. But remember, all these bikes do not have insurance, if you crash it or lost it, you are done. Why not buy a used bike, Kawasaki 650, there are plenty in Pattaya and get 1st class insurance.

Be sure and take it wide open on Jomtien 2 road. Witnessed several there. That Turk a few years, and then that Russian who was cut in half on the lightpole.

If you just want to go "VROOM,,,VROOM" to impress all the other shaved head closet homos, anywhere will do.Have fun on your holiday!

I had forgot about your revealing nick and your constant expression of hate and ill wishes. Thanks for coming back and keep the troll flag high..

• 6 months later...

There's a guy called Mr Dean (Thai) on Beach Rd between Soi 8 & 9 (nearer to Soi 8) who has what you're looking for, blades, R1's, etc.

I used to rent from him on a regular basis, no hassle, no scams, etc. I too owned a single seater Ducati (996) which is of no use when you want a pillion.

Best of luck, and remember what has been mentioned already, no amount of riding skill gets you ready for the unpredictability of the locals, anything is possible!!!

Here's the last No I had for him, 0819458112 (I hope that's permitted on here).

Just called him and confirmed he's still in business. He mentioned having a Honda CB650F, Kawasaki eR6N, Kawasaki 1000, with smaller bikes also. When asked where to find him, he said to go to the Pattaya beach police station, call him, and he would walk to meet me. Apparently his shop is close by.

I am confused the OP wants to rent a big because he already rides a great big Ducati 1198 which happens to be one of 4 of these that he owns, he does not want to put a 15yo girl on the back of this ducati because she will probably scratch it, but he has 4 of these great big ducati's and presumably this one he rides every day in Pattaya is the daily hack and the chances of it being unblemished as a daily ride in Pattaya are what exactly....

he is under 20 but has loads of experience at riding big bikes - so much experience he has 4 big bikes no less

why exactly is he asking advise again on where to hire a big bike

nope still confused.....

tell you what I am trying to organise a Ducati ride day in Bira in January, would be great if you could come along would love to see on of those 1198's in action....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif