Thai caretaker PM Yingluck urges military to mediate with protesters

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder who would charge her with negligence in return for hers and the family/cronies resignation?

After ignoring some very sound advice and input attempts, for the past 20+ months, she is now asking for help from everyone, but those she disagrees with.She has not conceited nor agreed to anything proposed by the Opposition/protestors to date and seems 'hell bent' on continuing this line of inaction.

The "delay the election" groups are growing in number as are the disgruntled potential voters. and to the horror of her/brothers plan for reelection, the matter of even electing enough bodies to form a new government appears questionable.

Yes, well you just go right on advocating revenge, disaster, mayhem but be very careful what you wish for. A negotiated settlement, with amnesty, looks like something good for Thailand from my perspective. Also, I believe YL's hand is very much stronger than you anticiapte. Compromise while it is still a possibility is my preference.

An amnesty again? Would it include her brother? Because that worked the first time round didn't it?

In fact when they tried to ram it through whilst the country was sleeping it ignited mass broad based demonstrations, much bigger than the paymaster, his family and their pt yes men cronies ever dreamed could happen.

• Like 2

The caretaker premier insisted that she has the obligation to stay in power until a new government takes office, or she would be charged with negligence of duty.

So desperate to cling on to power because she's afraid that the bill, which is not considered anymore according to the born liars party, can not be approved when it comes back.

People in my homeland have a telling joke that is overwhelmingly true everywhere in the world:

Q: How can you tell a politician is lying?

A: Their lips are moving.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

The caretaker premier insisted that she has the obligation to stay in power until a new government takes office, or she would be charged with negligence of duty.

Meanwhile back in the real world. The Election Commission says that she should postpone the elections by issuing a royal decree.

"The Election Commission says that she should postpone the elections by issuing a royal decree."

I understand that you are one of many TVF members that believe the Shins OWN Thailand, but even you must know that only HM The King can issue a royal decree.

The cabinet issues a royal decree, like in

"BANGKOK, Oct 24 – Pheu Thai leader Charupong Ruangsuwan said the ruling party was determined to pass the Amnesty Bill into law and, if it failed, the alternative was to issue a royal decree to fulfill the party’s desire."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/676772-pheu-thai-party-prepares-alternative-if-amnesty-bill-is-rejected/

EDIT ADD:

"BANGKOK, Jan 10 - Thailand's Election Commission (EC) today denied a news report that it asked the caretaker government to issue a royal decree to postpone the Feb 2 general election."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/695701-poll-agency-denies-asking-caretaker-pm-to-postpone-election/

Edited by rubl

Yingluck has shown more reasonableness, grace and maturity then Thailands last 10 Prime Ministers combined.

coffee1.gif

cheesy.gif

Yes she is very matured.

What this brief clip illustrates is a woman who feels her performance prior to entering the elevator,is another Oscar winning performance to fool the public with tears. Something about fooling some of the people etc.

1. She stays because her brother told her to cling to power at all costs.

2. She should have been charged with negligence of duty long ago.

Yes General Prayuth, please intervene and stage a coup.

there are some very compelling reasons why that is not going to happen. They should be well-known to you. However an invitation, such as the one contemplated in the artcile, could bring compromise

So you want the military to get involved but you don't want a coup.

So please explain, without fluff and without nasty comments to other posters, what you want the military to do.

I would ask General Prayuth to broker a compromise position for a transitional government ( fixed term), new political parties to be formed representing national rather than regional/class/ethnic groupings (made up of PTP and some of the very many liberal democrats), anti-corruption commission with teeth, Yingluck to become Ambassador to UNESCO or UN, Suthep to be ambassador to Albania, amnesty for everyone ( including Thaksin, Suthep, Abhisit...but barred from active politics for life), seek new blood for leadership from PTP or even Korn,

Without some ground being given, Thailand will become a failed state. I would prefer YL to see out her term but if Prayuth can come with something fair and reasonable, it would be worth hearing. Can't hear anything when doors slam shut.

• Like 1

there are some very compelling reasons why that is not going to happen. They should be well-known to you. However an invitation, such as the one contemplated in the artcile, could bring compromise

So please explain, without fluff and without nasty comments to other posters, what you want the military to do.

I would ask General Prayuth to broker a compromise position for a transitional government ( fixed term), new political parties to be formed representing national rather than regional/class/ethnic groupings (made up of PTP and some of the very many liberal democrats), anti-corruption commission with teeth, Yingluck to become Ambassador to UNESCO or UN, Suthep to be ambassador to Albania, amnesty for everyone ( including Thaksin, Suthep, Abhisit...but barred from active politics for life), seek new blood for leadership from PTP or even Korn,

Without some ground being given, Thailand will become a failed state. I would prefer YL to see out her term but if Prayuth can come with something fair and reasonable, it would be worth hearing. Can't hear anything when doors slam shut.

It will never ever happen. Thaksin doesn't want to just come back, he wants to be PM again. He'll never accept a ban for life for politics.

So a summary:

- You don't want the military involved, but you want general Prayuth to arrange a situation which involves:

- Prescribed new parties (what rubbish, parties should come from grass roots discussion, not from being prescribed by some form of constitutional or law)

- You mention banning of Thaksin, abhisit and suthep. Well:

- Thaksin I accept barred for life from politics, but I will never accept an amnesty, he has a conviction for abuse of power, a serious charge, 12 outstanding cases, many for serious corruption and abuse of power cases and other serious baggage in terms of the drug war / tak Bai deaths and more. Suthep, yes he's got baggage, so after he wins the reform battle IMHO opinion it would be better if he's not in any new picture. Abhisit, why would you want him barred for life, he has no convictions for anything and no track record or suspicion for corruption or collusion? And please don't say he's guilty of 90+ deaths. He hasn't yet been to court, or are you finding him guilty without due process?

- Yingluck to become Ambassador to UNESCO or UN. What qualifications does he have for these roles? Has she ever, even once mentioned anything that would make her look like she has personal desire to help others? Albania? Well perhaps a geographical change and make it for Yingluck to be ambassador to Montenegro.

- Why would you want to see yingluck see out her term. She has achieved nothing, she avoids any serious comment or discussion or debate in the parliament, she almost never attends parliament and she has been the supervisor of a rice scam which is now really hitting the fan and more. Why would any body sanction her continuing in the PM role?

- You end by saying you would like General Prayuth to come up with something fair and reasonable, and I say again, do you want the military involved or not?

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

Yingluck has shown more reasonableness, grace and maturity then Thailands last 10 Prime Ministers combined.

coffee1.gif

cheesy.gif

Yes she is very matured.

What this brief clip illustrates is a woman who feels her performance prior to entering the elevator,is another Oscar winning performance to fool the public with tears. Something about fooling some of the people etc.

Someone in her advisory team really should tell her to keep a straight face until the cameras stop rolling.

People are beginning to notice.

A plea for the army to get involved with reform negotiations is yet another sign the administration is still very nervous about the army and is desperate to delegate its attention. The subtext of all these daily announcements has really all been about that. It is odd though that Yingluck would feel it would be particularly soothing to call for reform when she's actually seated next to Thaksin's cousin - the head of CAPO, deputy prime minister and foreign minister. The optics suggest a fundamental lack of vision. And to talk about a reform process taking " years " is also not a particularly good sign of movement of any kind beyond the speed of growing grass. But the key question is this - what does she hope to accomplish by this election ? It will be woefully short of MPs and will be constitutionally unable to convene. In fact, the first time in Thai history that that particular constitutional crisis has occurred. How in the world can she act on reform or anything else for that matter when parliament cannot convene ? At what point, one wonders, will that actually dawn on the Pheu Thai administration ?

Doomsayers like you will not help the process. There has to be comrpomise. The PM has opened a door here...why do you want to slam it shut. Most rational people would like to see no violence and a solution ( even partial solution) to this nonsense

But the funny thing is that if the military did get involved in some distinct role you then you and a few others

would scream and yell and kick that the military should never ever be involved.

Which way do you want it?

Unequivocally, I want General Prayuth 'at the table', because without his participation I am fearful that these characters will never stop. I PREFER YL to see out her term.

How on earth can she see out her term when she's dissolved the house?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I wonder which group of protestors she wants the army to meet with? There are protest groups from CM to the southern edge of Thailand. There are farmers, civil servents, teachers, health care personal, students, and others from all walks of life. Granted there is a group led by the "wild one" (my pet name) in Bangkok but there are other groups whose leaders do not seem to be following any formal 'chain of command' or national leader.

I think PT has sucked such a diversity of so much, so quickly, out of the system, we are seeing protests pop up nation wide.There is no doubt that there are at least two or three groups who hace no qualms about using force nor meeting force with force. The nut cutting may happen this weekend, which gets the fence straddlers to make a move, or it might be a few days away. I can think of either one of two things happening that would defuse the situation, A stand down of protester in Bangkok, or a mass resignation of the Shin family/cronies politicial group. Not making book nor holding my breath on either.

What amazes me is the absolute hypocrisy of some on here.

For years Abhisit, Suthep and the RTA were the scum of the earth, a bunch of muderers, in cahoots with each other.

Now the army is the answer to everything!!!!

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

What amazes me is the absolute hypocrisy of some on here. For years Abhisit, Suthep and the RTA were the scum of the earth, a bunch of muderers, in cahoots with each other. Now the army is the answer to everything!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

your only response is to giggle? how would you solve this, other than the usual, maniacal ramblings about expulsion of everything to do with Thaksinism ?

• Like 1

This is a genuine offer from the PM. General Prayuth, please intervene with Suthep to stop this madness before it is too late.

Genuine - do you really think she even knows (or cares) what that word means. Anything to cling on to power. Offer everything and deliver nothing. Leopards do not change their spots.

Wifey commented yesterday that YL will be exactly same if re-elected. Lies, cheat, empty promises, scams, and travel. You chose to believe different - fine. Good luck.

What amazes me is the absolute hypocrisy of some on here. For years Abhisit, Suthep and the RTA were the scum of the earth, a bunch of muderers, in cahoots with each other. Now the army is the answer to everything!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

your only response is to giggle? how would you solve this, other than the usual, maniacal ramblings about expulsion of everything to do with Thaksinism ?

Who did they murder?

Did they have something to do with the war on drugs, Krue Saeh and the other massacre of innocents?

Please tell me if I am wrong, If I'm not, I am sure you will agree Thaksin should be tried for murder.

• Like 1

Legally the way it should be and looking more than likely with the courts ruling on and removing your scummy incompetent hero's from government. Then and only then when there is no government (actual or caretaker) and a politicial void should the only group who actually cares about this country and it's people, the Thai Army step in take short term control and set up a reform process. And this time tie down a water tight constitution that scum like Thaksin and his pathetic incompetent parrot of a sister can not screw over at their will.

Edited to add - and I would then have no issue if incompetent idiots like Yingluck and her criminals and mafia family Pheu Thai scum made it back into government if the democratic checks and balances are out of their reach.

Edited by Roadman

This is a genuine offer from the PM. General Prayuth, please intervene with Suthep to stop this madness before it is too late.

A genuine of offer of what? She has nothing to offer, something which she has proven over the past two and a half years.

Even now, she is saying that reforms will take years. Why should that be? It is pretty clear to most observers here what the reforms should entail, and measures aimed at achieving such reforms could be put in place within a few short months.

She says that she is afraid that she would be charged with negligence of duty if she were to step down...! If the Constitutional Court were to absolve her of such negligence, would she go? Not likely ... big brother will not allow it...!

Let's YS make the first sincere move. Tell the nation that she will allow audits of government activity during her term to be completed first. After everything is out in the open, then they can hold the election. If the govt has done nothing wrong, the they have nothing to worry about. Because most people protesting thinks there are deep corruption in the government and conspiracy to overthrow the monarchy. They just have to prove them wrong. This is part of democracy and not just election. I think that is reasonable.

...but of course, we will not be holding our collective breath waiting for her to agree to such an audit.

When the truth comes out with regard to the 'true' damage that they have caused to the Thai economy, everyone will be offloading their Thai Baht holdings in favour of US Dollars/GBP, etc., and waiting for the exchange rate to go through the roof...!

Edited by GeorgeO

I wonder who would charge her with negligence in return for hers and the family/cronies resignation?

After ignoring some very sound advice and input attempts, for the past 20+ months, she is now asking for help from everyone, but those she disagrees with.She has not conceited nor agreed to anything proposed by the Opposition/protestors to date and seems 'hell bent' on continuing this line of inaction.

The "delay the election" groups are growing in number as are the disgruntled potential voters. and to the horror of her/brothers plan for reelection, the matter of even electing enough bodies to form a new government appears questionable.

If she resigned, maybe it would be Thaksin and/or the Pheu Thai party that would charge her with negligence.

• Like 1