One Bad Pig

KRS1

I'm a little disappointed. No wheelie in the whole performance. Use the rear brake for speed control, slip the clutch, static throttle, a doddle really. coffee1.gif

Say what you want but id love to have control like that guy. He knows his bike well. I think its sarcasm as nobody can downplay this kind of skill. I am sure there will be some forum users that claim (and some that can) do what he can.

• Like 2

I'm a little disappointed. No wheelie in the whole performance. Use the rear brake for speed control, slip the clutch, static throttle, a doddle really. coffee1.gif

Say what you want but id love to have control like that guy. He knows his bike well. I think its sarcasm as nobody can downplay this kind of skill. I am sure there will be some forum users that claim (and some that can) do what he can.

My comment was tongue in cheek. The guy has amazing skills and that's undeniable. Not many everyday riders would even know how to begin to use the throttle/clutch/brakes in unison to achieve that sort of control.

We had a test at a training school that consisted of 30 cones in a row spaced one metre apart. The objective was to go as slow as possible through the cones without touching the ground and not going more than one metre to the left or right of the cones The best time on the day was just under 2 minutes and that was by the instructor. He was keeping the bike (R1) upright through clutch slip, steady throttle, and rear brakes to control speed. he was going so slow the bike was almost stationery most of the time, but was smooth and stable at all times.

That's the same skills the bloke in your video is displaying. Handy skills on a scooter in slow traffic around Pattaya as well, even easier because only have to worry about the rear brake and no clutch.

My comment was tongue in cheek. The guy has amazing skills and that's undeniable. Not many everyday riders would even know how to begin to use the throttle/clutch/brakes in unison to achieve that sort of control.

We had a test at a training school that consisted of 30 cones in a row spaced one metre apart. The objective was to go as slow as possible through the cones without touching the ground and not going more than one metre to the left or right of the cones The best time on the day was just under 2 minutes and that was by the instructor. He was keeping the bike (R1) upright through clutch slip, steady throttle, and rear brakes to control speed. he was going so slow the bike was almost stationery most of the time, but was smooth and stable at all times.

That's the same skills the bloke in your video is displaying. Handy skills on a scooter in slow traffic around Pattaya as well, even easier because only have to worry about the rear brake and no clutch.

I thought it was sarcasm / tongue in cheek, great skills.

I've done a similar course on my 1600 but his skilz exceed mine.

The best advice I've every received about precision driving and tight turns is "look where you're going", or more correctly stated, "look where you want to go".

If you want to make an 180 degree turn and you're looking at a spot 170 degrees away, chances are, you'll end up at 170 degrees.

It felt strange twisting around so far and not looking at what's in front of me but it worked like magic doing tight figure 8's and U-turns.