Where can I pay overstay

As you are going out of the country and when in front of the immigration officer he will direct you to an office where you will pay the fine and then Bye, Bye.

No re precautions and you will be welcomed when back in Thailand.

I wonder if you are asking to go and pay the fine without exiting Thailand.

Don't think this is wise.....you can land in jail.....and then being deported.

Anyway....a trip to Nong Khai bridge will solve the problem....you don't even have to visit Vientiene.....just come back 10 minutes after you exit Thailand.

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 1

What about multple overstays?

I have a friend who was 8 months over. He went out and in with just a bollocking in Nong Khai.

Now after 6 months of visas its happened again (same circumstances) and now he's a year already. Is two a definite deportation/ban?

Just wondering, as soon i will make my way to Laos, and the plane from BKK still land on another thai airport, so still Thailand territory, would be wise to use my passport (with 2 days overstay), or can i just show my thai driving license?

I will then have an hour or so trip from the airport to the border (Savannakhet), where i guess it would be ok to pay the fine, are checks for overstayers very frequent on that area?

Thanks

Just wondering, as soon i will make my way to Laos, and the plane from BKK still land on another thai airport, so still Thailand territory, would be wise to use my passport (with 2 days overstay), or can i just show my thai driving license?

I will then have an hour or so trip from the airport to the border (Savannakhet), where i guess it would be ok to pay the fine, are checks for overstayers very frequent on that area?

Thanks

Don't take my word for it but, from experience ( never been in a situation of overstay)

1) Presenting your Thai driving licence is fine for all inland flights ( at least was, last time I flew to Phuket from Bangkok)

2) Presenting your passport shouldn't be a problem either, as the person in charge with the boarding seems to be checking your identity ( that is my impression) . Again I am talking about local flights

3) I don't recall anyone checking my ID, apart from the person registering you

All this, naturally, needs to be seconded

• Like 1

One more who has too much money and wants to support Thai burocracy.

Strange remark

The poster is talking about a two day overstay:

it might even have been cheaper to stay those extra two days than paying the fine

Or simply, the poster made a mistake about the exit date

Or might have missed the flight

Or might have been sick

Or.......

As for "supporting Thai bureaucracy" , I guess that this bureaucracy should be blessed as this overstay matter is only about (little) money whereas, in many countries, deportation, with very little hope of return, is the prize

Edited by alyx
  • Like 1

One more who has too much money and wants to support Thai burocracy.

Strange remark

The poster is talking about a two day overstay:

it might even have been cheaper to stay those extra two days than paying the fine

Or simply, the poster made a mistake about the exit date

Or might have missed the flight

Or might have been sick

Or.......

As for "supporting Thai bureaucracy" , I guess that this bureaucracy should be blessed as this overstay matter is only about (little) money whereas, in many countries, deportation, with very little hope of return, is the prize

Suspect that he might actually have been referring to the OP rather than the one immediately before his (there was only a minute between them).

But definitely agree that Thai bureaucracy's treatment of overstayers is remarkably lenient when compared to that of other countries' bureaucracies.

It might well be, but it is always easy to judge when on the right side of the fence.

Everyone makes mistakes, deliberately or not, and there will always be someone to point the finger.

Someone who tends to forget that, when pointing the finger at somebody, there are four other fingers pointing back at them...

However the remark I commented was not that nasty

Thanks

The airline and security staff will only look at your passport photo page for ID purposes.

The chance of being checked between the airport and the bridge in Mukdahan is very small.

• Like 1

It might well be, but it is always easy to judge when on the right side of the fence.

Everyone makes mistakes, deliberately or not, and there will always be someone to point the finger.

Someone who tends to forget that, when pointing the finger at somebody, there are four other fingers pointing back at them...

However the remark I commented was not that nasty

I meant three fingers

If only they would allow old visa to be cancelled or provide a new one with the old one still there, but no, they will just tell you "No, you have visa, cannot have new one and cannot cancel this one", so here is the result for this stupidity.

If only they would allow old visa to be cancelled or provide a new one with the old one still there, but no, they will just tell you "No, you have visa, cannot have new one and cannot cancel this one", so here is the result for this stupidity.

A little more info would help me to understand the problem.

Where and what type of visa?

Hi Ubonjoe,

i don't think there is much we can do about it, as everytime i wanted to renew my annual visa (Non-O) , i have always been told that i have to wait for that date stamped on the passport, no flexibility at all.

If you are getting a new visa only the visa expiration date matters not your permit to stay date. You can do a border run just before the visa expires and get another 90 day entry and then apply for your new visa at any time the during that 90 days.

I assume you are married to a Thai which would mean you could also get a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife.

sorry to piggyback on this ... any ideas on how much a Thai passport cost please ....(time to arrange etc) thank you

It does not take long to apply and they will EMS it to you. Overall about 5 days total.

Info here: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1415/21479-Requirements-for-the-Ordinary-e-Passports-Applicat.html

Edit: Cost is 1000 baht (not 4K) and as far as I know their is no expedited service available other than picking it up yourself.

sorry to piggyback on this ... any ideas on how much a Thai passport cost please ....(time to arrange etc) thank you

In Korat, a couple of years back, my friend had to pay 1050B, then i think you have to wait a few weeks till you will receive it by post.

• 3 months later...

A visiting friend will be overstayed 2 days when she leaves tomorrow for a trip to China (she messed up reading the entry / exit dates stamp).

Does she have to pay first at the airport or wait to be told at the passport counter ?

Will she have any problem re-entering in 10 days time for the final week of her holiday ?

Shes a bit panicky so any guidance appreciated (apart from the obvious dont overstay)

A visiting friend will be overstayed 2 days when she leaves tomorrow for a trip to China (she messed up reading the entry / exit dates stamp).

Does she have to pay first at the airport or wait to be told at the passport counter ?

Will she have any problem re-entering in 10 days time for the final week of her holiday ?

Shes a bit panicky so any guidance appreciated (apart from the obvious dont overstay)

She will pay the overstay after check in for her flight at departure immigration

She should tell the staff before getting in line for the immigration check that she has an overstay and they will direct her to the overstay office. The fine will be 1000 baht for the 2 day overstay..

Tell her not to worry about it. Two day overstays are nothing compared to others.

• Like 1