Non O Visa from the UK

I wonder if anyone can help me. The last time I obtained a Non Immigrant O - Multi Entry visa I had to show 20,000 GBP in a UK account, I believe that rule was changed to 20,000 GBP in a UK account for 3 consecutive months.

On searching various UK Thai consulate/ embassy sites I can find no criteria for applying for a Non O - Multi Entry visa, has anyone had recent experience of applying for one ?

I am 65 years old & receive a UK state pension & private pension which equate to 800 GBP per month , I also have access to more than 20,000 GPB

Thank you in anticipation

If you are over 65 and in receipt of a pension you only have to provide evidence of this,there is no further demand regarding money in the bank (although it helps of course) thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your reply. That was the case last year but is it still applicable ???, can anyone point me to a Thai Consulate /Embassy website that states that facepalm.gif

If you are over 65 and in receipt of a pension you only have to provide evidence of this,there is no further demand regarding money in the bank (although it helps of course) thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1443177670 width=25 height=19>

Thanks for your reply. That was the case last year but is it still applicable ???, can anyone point me to a Thai Consulate /Embassy website that states that facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif pagespeed_url_hash=4031585225 width=24 height=18>

Here

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

If you are over 65 and in receipt of a pension you only have to provide evidence of this,there is no further demand regarding money in the bank (although it helps of course) thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1443177670 width=25 height=19>

Thanks for your reply. That was the case last year but is it still applicable ???, can anyone point me to a Thai Consulate /Embassy website that states that facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif alt=facepalm.gif pagespeed_url_hash=4031585225 width=24 height=18>

Here

Thank you smile.png

wai.gif Be aware, you MAY not get a multi entry 1 year non O visa.

I'm not saying it won't be approved, but it may not.

So be prepared to be given a 90 day non O visa, which can be extended in Thailand based on retirement for a year and renewed annually.

That is assuming you cam meet the financial requirements in Thailand.

(Bank account or monthly income or combination of both sources).

In case you don't get the multi entry one year non O visa, you should consider the 90 day visa and then convert to a retirement extension in Thailand option as your backup "plan B" option.

Multi entry 1 year non O visas are more difficult to get now.

Immigration prefers you to get the extension in Thailand, because that gives them more direct control than a multi entry 1 year visa.

I received my original multi entry 1 year visa in Hull in October 2010, but they probably would not give me that same visa now.

I am now here in Thailand on my 4th annual extension of that 2010 visa.

Here

It would appear from this link that a prerequisite for all non-imm visa applications submitted to the Royal Thai Embassy in London is a letter of acceptance from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Alien Occupational Control Division, Department of Employment) in Bangkok! Is such a letter really needed for non-O visa applications based on retirement, given the apparent absence of any specific exclusion?

That would be for a non-b visa. It is a letter of approval for a work permit application that they are writing about.

You will not get a non-o visa for being 50 or over at any embassy or official consulate in your home country. They will only do a OA visa.

It appears to me that the embassy in London is pushing the honorary consulates to do the same.

That would be for a non-b visa. It is a letter of approval for a work permit application that they are writing about.

You will not get a non-o visa for being 50 or over at any embassy or official consulate in your home country. They will only do a OA visa.

It appears to me that the embassy in London is pushing the honorary consulates to do the same.

Last summer, the Hull consulate told me that non O visas could only be issued from the Royal Thai Embassy in London. If an application for such a visa is received by the consulate, they have to send it to the Embassy for them to deal with. All the Hull consulate would offer me was a 60 day 3 entry tourist visa, which gave me 3 x 60 days in the Kingdom.