Suthep voted Asia's Person of the Year 2013

Lite Beer

Off course, and

- the kindest Asia's person is Kim Un,

- the cleanest Asia'a energy the Japanese nuclear energy,

- the highest Asia's living standard there is in Myanmar,

- the best and strongest Asia's airways the Thai Airways,

- and the Asia's most genuine products are made in China.

Yep, and don't forget benito adolf suthep.

• Like 2

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As it did in 2012, the unusually large number of votes did raise some red flags for us. Are these votes real? Did we get hacked? But the amount of visitors that flooded our site from Thailand (with close to 300,000 pageviews, the poll is easily the most popular piece of content on Asia Society's website ... ever), the number of blog comments (more than 400), Facebook likes (54,000), and write-in votes all point to these votes being the acts of many, many actual people — very passionate people."

That's a lot of local support.

Asia Society is a leading educational organization dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among peoples, leaders and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context.

promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships. Definitely describes the man and his cause, good work.

you are joking or on drugs right didn't some of his boys threaten to march on the us embassy a few weeks ago?

"Some of his boys" didn't get the award, he did. If you can point at one violent act that he participated in, next year i'll vote for you.

Pretty highly regarded the Asia Society, both in Asia, US, and Europe.

an organised campaign....it has been discussed, at length, for some days.

Seems to have some similarities with PTP buying votes at election time, so it seems that all is fair in love, war, and politics, especially Thai politics.

Edited by Artisi

Online balloting is very easy to manipulate. Asia's Person of the Year. Really? In all of Asia...

I am not buying it, renting it, nor leasing it. If I owned it, I would not gift it to my worst enemy....

bah.gif

Sour grapes.

You only sing when you're winning

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You actually believe what you say don't you?

But then I guess I am on your ignore list? If not I should be! (-:

Online balloting is very easy to manipulate. Asia's Person of the Year. Really? In all of Asia...

I am not buying it, renting it, nor leasing it. If I owned it, I would not gift it to my worst enemy....

bah.gif

Sour grapes.

You only sing when you're winning

You actually believe what you say don't you?

But then I guess I am on your ignore list? If not I should be! (-:

I don't have an ignore list. I like to read what people post whether I like it or otherwise.

As for this award I doubt even the delirious Suthep himself will popping the champers

at last someone is learning from Taksins tactics instead of playing by nice rules of game. At least they have not yet copied his grand plan to burn down Bangkok and cause civil war.

So far Taksin has had it all his own way with dirty tricks and rest and if Dems and those who recognise Taksin for vile would be dictator he is start using same tactics or some of them I applaud it since it seems only way to get rid of the Taksin cancer

• Like 1

"As it did in 2012, the unusually large number of votes did raise some red flags for us. Are these votes real? Did we get hacked? But the amount of visitors that flooded our site from Thailand (with close to 300,000 pageviews, the poll is easily the most popular piece of content on Asia Society's website ... ever), the number of blog comments (more than 400), Facebook likes (54,000), and write-in votes all point to these votes being the acts of many, many actual people very passionate people."

That was a well-organised PR campaign but in the end fooled none, this has been the ssubject of ridicule in the media for several days

"As it did in 2012, the unusually large number of votes did raise some red flags for us. Are these votes real? Did we get hacked? But the amount of visitors that flooded our site from Thailand (with close to 300,000 pageviews, the poll is easily the most popular piece of content on Asia Society's website ... ever), the number of blog comments (more than 400), Facebook likes (54,000), and write-in votes all point to these votes being the acts of many, many actual people very passionate people."

That was a well-organised PR campaign but in the end fooled none, this has been the ssubject of ridicule in the media for several days

Asia society own webpage seems to shoot your comment to pieces:

"As it did in 2012, the unusually large number of votes did raise some red flags for us. Are these votes real? Did we get hacked? But the amount of visitors that flooded our site from Thailand (with close to 300,000 pageviews, the poll is easily the most popular piece of content on Asia Society's website ... ever), the number of blog comments (more than 400), Facebook likes (54,000), and write-in votes all point to these votes being the acts of many, many actual people — very passionate people."

Possibly you should take it up with Asia society if you disagree.

Edited by Artisi

Murderer, thief and fascist....of course he's a worthy victor over that uppity little squirt Malala Yousafza. Those whistle-blowing knobs - and their totally bizarre immigrant hangers-on - are also to be commended for putting their stupidity, egotism and general, all-round moral failure on such public display, too...so well done guys.

Edited by Zooheekock
  • Like 2

It is an undeniable fact that without Suthep's campaign reform would not be on everyone's lips from academics, to business people and politicians.

He has forced the issue to where it dominates current politics. Everyone else has simply being reacting to him as he has pushed the envelope further and further.

And in a way where up until now there has been very little violence.

I earnestly hope this election is postponed until some reforms have been initiated and the public raise the expectancy bar from the politicians.

Sounds like he was democratically voted in to place, so posters here should respect the diplomatic process and vote next year if they disagree with the result rather than protesting.

As with the previous elections in Thailand, it's possible that the process was not entirely clean, however regardless - the people have voted and we should respect the result.

</sarcasm>

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Amazing that the "unpopular" yet democratic way in correcting Thailand's dictatorial path is fraught with a litmus test of candid and 3rd party truths. For instance, the 2006 return to democracy was lauded as a great success by America according to leaked American embassy documents from Thailand. Of course they have to say "on the record" they didn't agree. Here we have Suthep as man of the year 8 years later yet again returning democracy to Thailand post TS. When I say democracy I don't just mean one characteristic called elections. I mean the 7 other characteristics that are conveniently forgotten by the TS family regime. Your PM next Oak if the regime continues! Just shows that democratic people are not voted in. Shinawatra “brand names” are!

• Like 1

Suthep voted Asia's Person of the Year 2013 on Asia Society website

BANGKOK: -- People's Democratic Reform Committee secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban has been voted Asia's Person of the Year 2013 on the Asia Society website.

Asia Society announced that Thaugsuban attracted 88 percent of the vote, nearly 116,000 votes in total.

Malala Yousafzai, the female education rights activist from Pakistan, was runner-up for the second consecutive year. She earned close to 12,000 votes, 9 percent of the total.

Asia Society is a leading educational organization dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among peoples, leaders and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-01-11

Well if such a man (Suthep) with such a doctrine be nominated for such a thing called Asia's person of the year then many idiots would stand a batter chance to receive such a recognition! Voters must be bunch of dump, deff, blind cowards who would stand all time lifelong idiots recognition

Defiantly an upstanding chap a worthy of his award.

As part of the Sor Por Kor 4-01 (สปก.4-01) land reform scheme, Suthep gave title deeds to 592 plots of land in Khao Sam Liam, Kamala and Nakkerd hills of Phuket province to 489 farmers. It was later found that members of 11 wealthy families in Phuket were among the recipients. Suthep addressed a huge crowd in his Surat Thani constituency a month before a no-confidence debate and called on his supporters to march on Bangkok in the hundreds of thousands to defend his reputation.[3] The scandal led Prime MinisterChuan Leekpai of the Democrat Party to dissolve the House of Representatives in July 1995 in order to avoid the no-confidence debate.[4] In subsequent elections, Thai Nation Party won a majority, leading to the downfall of Chuan Leekpai's Democrat Party-led government.

Wikileaks diplomatic cables from the US embassy revealed that many members of his own party have long complained of his corrupt and unethical behavior.[5][6][7]

They're all on grass anyway, be it a producer of kind, mental initiator, a green grass, park, or cup of tea.

Lunacy abounds.... and they get into our heads ..... (well some.. cheesy.gifclap2.gif )

Being at the forefront of lunacy...... must have no inhibitions? Seems not, on all sods of the turf.

Sadly.... I am sorry for those who haven't had the education to know the difference at all, and lose by it. Numbers don't count.... it's life that does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t29WsfzCfvs

-mel

A fine example for Asian youth for the Asian Society to vote in a corrupted politician for number one. The Asian Society is a euphemism for the exclusive rich privileged moneyed Asian segment of population to the exclusion of Asian poor. How much do members of Asian Society give every year to Father Joe's Khlong Toey slum and other foundations like it in Thailand outside Bangkok? Publishing charitable giving would be more important than publishing their shameful vote for a land grab scheme politician.