Lite Beer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does that mean?

"The British are coming"

Could it be that the British were known as the Redcoats? What happened to the Redcoats?

It certainly doesn't apply to the revered Suthep.

Also might be because the " Brits" all running there to make sure the get the beers in before the kickoff.

That is unfair. Bad form! Most British people are infuriatingly neutral. Why insult them? I am American. I do not dare to judge an entire people, because I do not have that right. But you seem to think you have that right. Idiot!

Charlatan! Liar! Stirrer of black pots! I know this will probably be deleted in five minutes, but I do not care. It was a very bad post you made. It was racist and unkind and scurrilous, and false. Most people from Great Britain are not living at Soi Cowboy (they might visit there, but who wouldn't?).

You, sir, are a dumb ass. Great Britain has made more contributions to the world than the language (which was a great gift). I like people from the UK, even when they piss me off.

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 2

What does that mean?

"The British are coming"

Could it be that the British were known as the Redcoats? What happened to the Redcoats?

Also might be because the " Brits" all running there to make sure the get the beers in before the kickoff.

That is unfair. Bad form! Most British people are infuriatingly neutral. Why insult them? I am American. I do not dare to judge an entire people, because I do not have that right. But you seem to think you have that right. Idiot!

Charlatan! Liar! Stirrer of black pots! I know this will probably be deleted in five minutes, but I do not care. It was a very bad post you made. It was racist and unkind and scurrilous, and false. Most people from Great Britain are not living at Soi Cowboy (they might visit there, but who wouldn't?).

You, sir, are a dumb ass. Great Britain has made more contributions to the world than the language (which was a great gift). I like people from the UK, even when they piss me off.

To be fair, I read "the British are coming" as a possible reference to the American Revolution, when the British were indeed bringing the fight. Though, that original post was so devoid of context that I'm really not sure what they were referring to.

• Like 1

I don't approve of violence but nothing would please me more than to have strategically placed heavily armed guards place at the protest sites ready for these scumbags to give them a taste of what they are dishing out - the protestors need protection now and if the police won't do it then there is little alternative - but they must act in a purely defensive way

• Like 1

The overnight terror campaign continues, further underscoring the bravery of the men and women who were sleeping on the streets. Cowards are comfortable when they can't be held accountable. And they are particularly comfortable with this particular administration. Motive can be determined by action. But it can also be determined by inaction.

I seem to recall live fire zones, snipers, a protest organiser being assinated,a fully loaded RTA moving in to disperse protestors claiming 'if you don't move we will shoot you'.......wait a minute...wasn't Suthep in charge at the time......perhaps he will be held accountable......but then again

• Like 2

The overnight terror campaign continues, further underscoring the bravery of the men and women who were sleeping on the streets. Cowards are comfortable when they can't be held accountable. And they are particularly comfortable with this particular administration. Motive can be determined by action. But it can also be determined by inaction.

I seem to recall live fire zones, snipers, a protest organiser being assinated,a fully loaded RTA moving in to disperse protestors claiming 'if you don't move we will shoot you'.......wait a minute...wasn't Suthep in charge at the time......perhaps he will be held accountable......but then again

It didn't take long for the 'but, but Suthep........' brigade to arrive. There are still 2010 topics around where you can post your propaganda.

For once I agree with Fab4 - if you have nothing to contribute to the thread - you are just trolling.

People at the bottom of society being injured and killed because people at the top refuse to discuss and resolve matters like educated adults, and with some humility too. In the 21stC Thailand, a nation that has the potential to be so far above all this nonsense.

thats what you get if you follow politicians they need cannon fodder to fight their battles while they sit comfortable

What does that mean?

"The British are coming"

I am with you on that.

Thai Visa is an excellent forum and I have read it since it first came online; but sometimes huge swathes of irrelevant and hateful comment seem to slip in. To the thousands of readers worldwide who are not necessarily members, a very poor impression is created of expats here. In fact my brother-in-law commented on it from Texas early this morning. I know this is off topic and also heading for possible deletion, but it might be wise for comment columns to be more drastically policed or as a last resort closed down on political issues altogether until the crisis is over. I do know for a fact that Thai agencies scrutinise the comments. It would be disastrous if TV were denied Internet access in Thailand or visas of members were revoked due to misguided comment.

Not sure if they were paid by Thaksin to carry out the shootings.

But the theory cannot be discounted.

Another possibility is, paid by Suthep to cause rage already for tomorrow.

I find the first possibilty FAR more plausable, almost inevitable, and definitely within the character of the players.

• Like 1

It could be they were not paid at all or were paid by someone other than Thaksin or suthep. So either post something of substance or stop trolling.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Don't know about you guys, but for me the quote of the year so far ! clap2.gif

A banned troll, posting under a new name, telling a legit TV member to stop trolling.

Funniest thing I have read in the seven years I have been an avid reader of TV. clap2.gif

• Like 1

Really no need for such speculation. Emotions are running high on both sides, and given the number of people involved, there are going to be some unhinged people from across the political spectrum. And some of these same people will own guns. Just takes one person to work himself up into a red mist after a few beers, pull out a gun, and let loose on the 'enemy'... No orders from the top or dark conspiracies needed.

It didn't take long for the 'but, but Suthep........' brigade to arrive. There are still 2010 topics around where you can post your propaganda.

For once I agree with Fab4 - if you have nothing to contribute to the thread - you are just trolling.

Sorry, but no. The comment was quite relevant because the guy leading the current protests is the guy who was behind the shooting of protesters back in 2010. History (and the need for consistency of logic) does not simply evaporate when the calendar turns another page.

• Like 1

Neither side at the top is interested in a peaceful political solution. Bot sides have armed agitators that will

not back down. The numbers of dead and wounded will grow dramatically as we get closer to February 2nd, and

higher still in the fight to get Suthep's council of cronies to step down and return to a democratically elected government. sad.png

Sorry, but no. The comment was quite relevant because the guy leading the current protests is the guy who was behind the shooting of protesters back in 2010. History (and the need for consistency of logic) does not simply evaporate when the calendar turns another page.

Absolute rubbish.

I am aware along with numerous others, that the charges against Suthep are so contentious that they will be thrown out. Is it not already known that the murders were probably committed by a third party outfit? The charges were implanted as a diversionary tactic well in advance to the then upcoming Amnesty Bill and a bungled attempt to discredit: back-firing in gigantic proportions. If there really was a proven case against him, then do you not think he would have been arrested by now and the protests would have been directed by another? Do you have hard evidence to enlighten everyone?

I am neither a Suthep or a Thaksin supporter and I will support both when comment is without proven foundation.

Absolute rubbish.

I am aware along with numerous others, that the charges against Suthep are so contentious that they will be thrown out. Is it not already known that the murders were probably committed by a third party outfit? The charges were implanted as a diversionary tactic well in advance to the then upcoming Amnesty Bill and a bungled attempt to discredit: back-firing in gigantic proportions. If there really was a proven case against him, then do you not think he would have been arrested by now and the protests would have been directed by another? Do you have hard evidence to enlighten everyone?

I am neither a Suthep or a Thaksin supporter and I will support both when comment is without proven foundation.

Sadly Suthep was a major player during 2010 protests....you cannot change that fact now the shoe is on the other foot, Suthep proclaiming a peaceful protest......did I not see a peaceful JCB drive at a building trying to force entry. Fortunately it would appear the current administration are able to identify and separate sporadic violence from the main protest sites and react accordingly!

It could be they were not paid at all or were paid by someone other than Thaksin or suthep. So either post something of substance or stop trolling.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Don't know about you guys, but for me the quote of the year so far ! clap2.gif

A banned troll, posting under a new name, telling a legit TV member to stop trolling.

Funniest thing I have read in the seven years I have been an avid reader of TV. clap2.gif

Mikemac, you are getting to be a pain in the A. Anybody whose post you don't agree with you call a troll. It's tiresome. If you think I am a banned troll posting under a new name why don't you take it up with Admin or the Mods.

Meanwhile, Just wind your neck in.

What does that mean?

"The British are coming"

What is wrong with you people? I do not see this as being insensitive, judgmental or rude. It was referring to the Paul Revere poem in American History regarding the British coming to Massachusetts and Revere rode around the countryside chanting, the British are coming. These British soldiers were known as Red Coats due to their uniforms. So the reference to RED here is OBVIOUS!

What does that mean?

"The British are coming"

What is wrong with you people? I do not see this as being insensitive, judgmental or rude. It was referring to the Paul Revere poem in American History regarding the British coming to Massachusetts and Revere rode around the countryside chanting, the British are coming. These British soldiers were known as Red Coats due to their uniforms. So the reference to RED here is OBVIOUS!

The poster who suggested that two threads related to the same events from Saturday morning was correct.

( 1)

Posted Yesterday, 09:02

Seven PDRC guards injured in attacks near Democracy Monument

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- At least seven men serving as security guards for the People's Democratic Reform Committee were injured in sporadic attacks near the Democracy Monument rally site early Saturday, police and protesters said.

The first attack happened at the Kokwua Intersection on Tanaosri Road at 2am, according to Pol Lt Thaweerat Thamrongwattanakul of the Chana Songkram police station.

Police and rescue volunteers rushed to the scene to find two men injured. One of them, Erawat Kaewsee, 28, was shot at his right shoulder. The other man was not identified. He was shot at his left thigh and right leg. Both were rushed to the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Central Hospital.

Witnesses told police that four or five motorcyclists raced from Phra Pinkloa Bridge and opened fire at a taxi near Krua Rajdamnoen restaurant and more sounds of gunfire and explosions were heard near the Government Lottery Office and at the Kokwua Intersection.

While, reporters and photographers were inspecting the shooting scene at the Kokwua Intersection, sounds of gunfire were head, sending the media crew to flee.

A cameraman of ThaiPBS, Panuwat Ritthitham narrowly escaped a hit as a bullet graced his left leg and pieced through his trousers.

More sounds of gunfire and explosions were heard throughout the early morning. Police said they received reports that at least seven guards were injured.

(2 )

Seven shot in attack on protest site

The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- Seven people were injured after unknown gunmen fired into the People's Democratic Reform Committee protest site near the Democracy Monument in the early hours yesterday.

The shooting targeted protesters at the Khok Wua intersection on Tanow Road in Phra Nakhon district in Bangkok, police said.

Pol Lieutenant Thaweewat Thamrongwattanakul said no one was killed but seven were injured, including a taxi driver. A Thai PBS cameraman managed to escape injury despite a bullet whizzing through his trousers.

Scientific crime detection officers collected evidence at the scene, including a taxi driven by Wichai Paipod, 32, who was sitting in his car when a bullet shot through the back seat and hit him on the back. The officers also checked the trajectory of two bullets shot through a glass door of a rice shop and collected spent cartridges on the ground.

Wichai said he picked up passengers from Tanow Road around midnight for the Lam Sali intersection in the north of the city. He heard about 20 gunshots, one of which hit him. He drove past the intersection and decided to abandon the car and ran into a soi to escape when he heard continued gunfire. He was helped by onlookers, who escorted him to hospital.

The injured included Erawat Kaewsi, 28, who was shot in the right shoulder and another unidentified victim shot in the left of his torso and right knee.

Witnesses said a group of five teenagers riding motorcycles from Pinklao Bridge fired bullets into a taxi before more gunshots and explosions were heard outside the Government Lottery Office and around 2am, more gunshots were head near the Khok Wua intersection.

The Thai PBS cameraman was shot at an hour later while taking pictures at the scene. He was not injured because the bullet went through his trousers but he left the scene immediately.

Inaction of the Black shirt Suthep's guard to retaliate.

Don't be stupid, we all know the 'black shirts' are on Thaksin's payroll. They proved that in 2010.Most of them are not in the least bit fascist, they are just sick of turds running the country and want them cleaned away.

Funny how you are so ardent in the defense of your dearly beloved reds but don't say a word against the trash talking on the other side....

So either post something of substance or stop trolling. I could say the same to you for at least 50% of your posts...clap2.gif

• Like 1

Inaction of the Black shirt Suthep's guard to retaliate.
Don't be stupid, we all know the 'black shirts' are on Thaksin's payroll. They proved that in 2010.Most of them are not in the least bit fascist, they are just sick of turds running the country and want them cleaned away.
Not sure if they were paid by Thaksin to carry out the shootings.But the theory cannot be discounted. Another possibility is, paid by Suthep to cause rage already for tomorrow.
Funny how you are so ardent in the defense of your dearly beloved reds but don't say a word against the trash talking on the other side.... So either post something of substance or stop trolling. I could say the same to you for at least 50% of your posts...clap2.gif
Opinion opinion opinion opinion opinion.We all know. This is what Thais think. Opinion opinion.Free ride on the pedigree busHoping to meet white-skinned Thais who make me look better than the dark skinned chicks doMy Thai friends say this,Mt Thai friends say that.Blah blah blah opine blah opine. My girlfriend's brother says blah blah blah.Yuck yack yackWhy do people blather on here like its a conversation about a spectator sport ?!Ask yourselves that.The answer lies in the wreckages of how our OWN countries are run. And how we know there's nothing to be done with THAT lot.

like shooting fish in a barrel - pretty easy when the protestors are unarmed

and what are the police doing to stop armed assassins having the run of the city - nothing

Interesting that these events co-inside with "I'm F'cking back

speculation, got to hate it! Both sides are going to be at it. What are the police and the American government doing with all the gun toting dim wits over there? Gee how many massacres now and you comment on the RTP. Joker

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

like shooting fish in a barrel - pretty easy when the protestors are unarmed

and what are the police doing to stop armed assassins having the run of the city - nothing

Interesting that these events co-inside with "I'm F'cking back

speculation, got to hate it! Both sides are going to be at it. What are the police and the American government doing with all the gun toting dim wits over there? Gee how many massacres now and you comment on the RTP. Joker

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Every day another (often more than one) critic of Thaksin is subjected to violence. Speculation could lead us to any number of reasons why this is happening, indeed it could be a series of unconnected coincidences, but Occam's Razor indicates otherwise.