Democrats to charge PM Yingluck with election fraud

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thais have always had a childish streak in them but lately the politicians have all made themselves look like little squabbling children by sinking down to the school playground level with their pathetic antics.

Miss, miss, Yingluck is cheating again!

Pretty much the same could be said of the posters on TV who support one side or the other. In fact, they are even more pathetic as their opinions count for sweet FA as they cannot vote and are not citizens.

You are quite wrong. I can have an influence over 2 votes, soon to be 3, cast by my family. My opinions, regularly expressed, are also listened to by members of the wife's extended family and friends, and most share the same opinion of thieves. They are in the far NE where such views are not often heard.

Thais have always had a childish streak in them but lately the politicians have all made themselves look like little squabbling children by sinking down to the school playground level with their pathetic antics.

Pretty much the same could be said of the posters on TV who support one side or the other. In fact, they are even more pathetic as their opinions count for sweet FA as they cannot vote and are not citizens.

You are quite wrong. I can have an influence over 2 votes, soon to be 3, cast by my family. My opinions, regularly expressed, are also listened to by members of the wife's extended family and friends, and most share the same opinion of thieves. They are in the far NE where such views are not often heard.

"My opinions, regularly expressed, are also listened to by members of the wife's extended family and friends, and most share the same opinion of thieves."

Do they have a choice? (at least here there is an ignore function)

Edited by fab4

Oh Dear. Why doesn't the democrat party just change its name to The Lawyers Society and have done with it...............tuzki-bunny-emoticon-048.gif

And PTP could change their name to F##k Electoral Law Party, as in their various guises they have blatantly broken most.

• Like 1

"My opinions, regularly expressed, are also listened to by members of the wife's extended family and friends, and most share the same opinion of thieves."

Do they have a choice? (at least here there is an ignore function)

It's not a red village, everybody has a choice.

Yeah you sure don't want a PM visiting the people of the country. How terrible that is.

Get a life !!!!!!!!!

What you don't want is a PM using taxpayers money to campaign for an election. That gives the incumbent PM a big advantage over any opposition.

How is she using taxpayers money to "campaign for an election"?

She doesn't need to "campaign". She is the PM NOW. She can't just drop all her PM duties to the people. She still has to do what a PM is supposed to do even during this shutdown.

Abisit/Suthep wants an election then they don't want an election then they want to charge their PM with election fraud..........I mean come on........let the people just decide in an election and that's that. Of course some Thai will not be happy and some will with the newly elected goverment but that's the same in any country after an election.

If the opposition wants to be elected in then they should be using this time before Feb. 2nd as their campaign time NOT as a time to insight riots, dividing a country, blood shed etc.

Apparently they have evidence that she did use taxpayers money to campaign.

Once the government is in care-taker mode, they aren't allowed to use tax payer money to advertise what they have done or what they are going to do. That is campaigning, and it is unfair if the incumbent is allowed to use taxpayers money for campaigning and all other parties have to use donations.

Just because the Democrats aren't in the election doesn't mean Yingluck is allowed to campaign using tax payers money.

I would add that the fact that the PTP and assorted lackeys are a caretaker government is irrelevant - no government can spend state funds promoting an election campaign - and if they are also campaigning through the UN by porky pie, that may bite the, further in the posterior.

It seems that of late - the only way the Democrat Party gets to become government is NOT through a regular election. The losers in this mess are the Thai People - regardless of color, creed, educational attainment. It is really a sad day for the Kingdom.

Are you saying the Democrat Party causes all Thaksin governments to act illegally so the Democrats will get back in power by default? Nice trick if true. Today is a great day in the Kingdom. The Silent Majority is finally saying, 'Enough corruption in our government'. You aren't FOR corruption, are you?

And how exactly did you or Suthep assess the opinion of the 'Silent Majority'?

By opening my eyes and seeing all those students, working class, management, educators, medical personnel, and many other groups who have never protested before and are now massing, for no pay other that the possibility of getting the government to represent the people instead of promoting schemes to enrich themselves. Are you saying the current government is not one of the most corrupt that Thailand has ever had?

Actually I totally agree that the current gorenvment is obsceneyly corrupt.

But I can also see/hear/feel - even here in the south - more and more Thais being fed up with the antiques of Suthep in particular. For every 100 of his actual followers there seem to be thousands who just want to go on with their daily lifes and make ends meet to pay back their debts. I think the 'Silent Majority' finds it rather preposterous for Suthep to claim their support for his rather immature actions and demands.

In a nutshell: Against corruption - Yes. Suthep as leader of an anti-corruption campaign - you must be kidding. Shutting down Bangkok - what for?

Yeah.......right.

Are you there in the voting booth with them?

I'm sure they nod and smile at you so that you don't lose face and then they vote for who they want.

It seems that of late - the only way the Democrat Party gets to become government is NOT through a regular election. The losers in this mess are the Thai People - regardless of color, creed, educational attainment. It is really a sad day for the Kingdom.

Are you saying the Democrat Party causes all Thaksin governments to act illegally so the Democrats will get back in power by default? Nice trick if true. Today is a great day in the Kingdom. The Silent Majority is finally saying, 'Enough corruption in our government'. You aren't FOR corruption, are you?

You say the Democrat party gets back into power by default?

This is an openly declared insurrection that has tied up Bangkok and Thailand for several weeks and has the insurrectionist mobs determinedly working to kill the constitutionally scheduled election of February 2nd.

There's no Democrat party default position here, only active insurrection, although it recently can be argued that the new default position of the Democrat party is openly supporting insurrection and chaos.

You say the Democrat party gets back into power by default?

I didn't say anything; I asked a question.

This is an openly declared insurrection that has tied up Bangkok and Thailand for several weeks and has the insurrectionist mobs determinedly working to kill the constitutionally scheduled election of February 2nd.

Here's a link to a good online dictionary since you don't seem to know the definition of words you use:http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ BTW I stay on ON Nut (Sukhumvit 77) and have not noticed anyone tying up anything. Protests against a corrupt beyond all reason government is not insurrection; it is a protest.

There's no Democrat party default position here, only active insurrection, although it recently can be argued that the new default position of the Democrat party is openly supporting insurrection and chaos.

Contrary to what the propagandists on this forum keep bleating, this is not a rally by or for the Democrat Party. The rally is by all the many different groups that share the common bond of believing Thaksin and his puppet governments are bringing the country down and they are tired of the puppet government's disregard for the good of the country, disrespect to the courts' decisions, disrespect for the rule of law, lack of common decency.

in·sur·rec·tion: a usually violent attempt to take control of a government

Insurrection: An act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insurrection

Insurrection: Act or an instance of rebelling against a government in power or the civil authorities; insurgency .

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/insurrection

Insurrection: Organized opposition to authority; a conflict in which one faction tries to wrest control from another.

http://www.audioenglish.org/dictionary/insurrection.htm

Used in a sentence: "Could Sudan be the next Arab country in which an autocratic government is brought down in a largely nonviolent civil insurrection? However, it is not the brutality of the regime that determines whether or not it can be toppled by a largely nonviolent civil insurrection.".

http://www.opendemocracy.net/opensecurity/stephen-zunes/sudans-protests-become-civil-insurrection

The word "violent" is not in any of the definitions of 'insurrection' presented in this post. I refer to civil insurrection.

My use of the word "insurrection" is therefore valid and legitimate. The word 'insurrection' applies to everything Suthep has been doing of late and to the support he has received to include the support of the Democrat party.

If you want to chase around for another half-dozen or a dozen or so posts discussing "insurrection" or "revolting" or "rebelling" or "largely nonviolent" or "insurgency", I'm not likely to accommodate or appease you with any replies.

The meaning and application of the word 'insurrection' is clear from these definitions which are absent the word "violent".

I do suspect however Suthep and his mob, or at least some certain elements of it, may want to make this a violent insurrection if they think it necessary or maybe they together just might consider violence preferable or desirable.

It's not yet known.

Edited by Publicus to provide inadvertently omitted link

Edited by Publicus

13895777321431.jpg

Publicus

Any chance you can clear up for everyone if the guy standing behind Yingluck is - as you claimed earlier in thread - Security for the PM or the Caretaker Transport Minister Chatchart Sittipunt?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

in·sur·rec·tion: a usually violent attempt to take control of a government.

Exactly: "usually violent". It does not have to be violent.

Similarly definition in the OED: "rising in arms or open resistence against established authority or governmental restraint". Thus again making the point that an insurrection does not have to be violent.

Trying to block an election, taking over areas of a city and surrounding official offices and homes of government ministers sounds like insurrectional activity to me.

If I accept that an insurrection doesn't have to be violent, can you accept that a fugitive criminal, unelected and not even a member of the governing party, using his wealth, influence and nepotism to direct MPs votes, to gain access to cabinet meetings, and dictate government policy is also insurrection?

And which is worse? A large number of voters publicly proclaiming their disgust at an inept and corrupt government, or a criminal not entitled to a vote taking control by stealth?

The word is now being misused - indeed distorted - by its practitioners to try to misdirect and deflect away from their extra-constitutional illegalities, their support of a still anonymous feudal council of unaccountable and absolute rulers and their conscious and willful determination to kill a constitutionally scheduled election (of Feb 2nd).

Yeah you sure don't want a PM visiting the people of the country. How terrible that is.

Get a life !!!!!!!!!

What you don't want is a PM using taxpayers money to campaign for an election. That gives the incumbent PM a big advantage over any opposition.

How is she using taxpayers money to "campaign for an election"?

She doesn't need to "campaign". She is the PM NOW. She can't just drop all her PM duties to the people. She still has to do what a PM is supposed to do even during this shutdown.

Abisit/Suthep wants an election then they don't want an election then they want to charge their PM with election fraud..........I mean come on........let the people just decide in an election and that's that. Of course some Thai will not be happy and some will with the newly elected goverment but that's the same in any country after an election.

If the opposition wants to be elected in then they should be using this time before Feb. 2nd as their campaign time NOT as a time to insight riots, dividing a country, blood shed etc.

Apparently they have evidence that she did use taxpayers money to campaign.

Once the government is in care-taker mode, they aren't allowed to use tax payer money to advertise what they have done or what they are going to do. That is campaigning, and it is unfair if the incumbent is allowed to use taxpayers money for campaigning and all other parties have to use donations.

Just because the Democrats aren't in the election doesn't mean Yingluck is allowed to campaign using tax payers money.

Of course she is allowed to do she wants. Pheu Thai won the election ballot so they are above the law, the constitution and the checks and balances.

• Like 1

See the guy behind YL looking blank.

Haha~

He should be thinking inside his head whether he should buy a air ticket for himself first?

tongue.png

The guy is security as is the one directly in front with the shades and I'm confident each would welcome the occasion of wringing the yellow neck of a Suthep fascist follower or two.

Have you seen Suthep's SS security goons? The two with Yingluck are casual, subdued, calm, professional. Suthep's security goons are from the South - the deep South.

Hahaha the guy standing behind Yingluck is not security... That's the caretaker Transport Minister!

Post of the year that one!

The hand of the one in front with the shades is holding microphones,...rather strange for security...well that kind of security anyway.smile.png

in·sur·rec·tion: a usually violent attempt to take control of a government.

Exactly: "usually violent". It does not have to be violent.

Similarly definition in the OED: "rising in arms or open resistence against established authority or governmental restraint". Thus again making the point that an insurrection does not have to be violent.

Trying to block an election, taking over areas of a city and surrounding official offices and homes of government ministers sounds like insurrectional activity to me.

If I accept that an insurrection doesn't have to be violent, can you accept that a fugitive criminal, unelected and not even a member of the governing party, using his wealth, influence and nepotism to direct MPs votes, to gain access to cabinet meetings, and dictate government policy is also insurrection?

And which is worse? A large number of voters publicly proclaiming their disgust at an inept and corrupt government, or a criminal not entitled to a vote taking control by stealth?

The word is now being misused - indeed distorted - by its practitioners to try to misdirect and deflect away from their extra-constitutional illegalities, their support of a still anonymous feudal council of unaccountable and absolute rulers and their conscious and willful determination to kill a constitutionally scheduled election (of Feb 2nd).

Dude. Your'e the one who started describing the anti-corruption rally as 'insurrection. You used a word that usually connotes violence to describe a protest that is, by and large, non-violent. Be careful with your discussion of 'feudal council' as it might be misconstrued. There is a business in Thailand that is against the globalists that Thaksin represents (Carlyle Group et. al.) and I really don't want Thailand to be even more controlled by multinational corporations that it currently is. Your view of the micro and the macro of Thailand's politics and economy is foggy, at best.

See the guy behind YL looking blank.

Haha~

He should be thinking inside his head whether he should buy a air ticket for himself first?

tongue.png

The guy is security as is the one directly in front with the shades and I'm confident each would welcome the occasion of wringing the yellow neck of a Suthep fascist follower or two.

Have you seen Suthep's SS security goons? The two with Yingluck are casual, subdued, calm, professional. Suthep's security goons are from the South - the deep South.

Hahaha the guy standing behind Yingluck is not security... That's the caretaker Transport Minister!

Post of the year that one!

The hand of the one in front with the shades is holding microphones,...rather strange for security...well that kind of security anyway.smile.png

Nah he's security.. He's wearing a lanyard which says "PM's Security" ;)

News alert

One of Yingluck's bodyguards Impersonates a Government Minister at Transport Presentation.

Our very own Thai Visa hot on the heels reporter, Publicus, has identified that one of Yingluck's personal bodyguards is actually impersonating a Minister, when the situation suits him. Described as a 'calm and professional' bodyguard by Publicus the shocked Thai public now await to see the impersonators next move and whether this could disqualify the PTP from the next election as bodyguards are not permitted to impersonate Ministers albeit professional shoppers are permitted to impersonate Prime Ministers.

01B-Sep-16.jpg

Bodyguard blags his way onto TV interview, worried citizens wonder if he will try Jeremy Paxman next.

30216344-01_big.jpg

Before this post gets removed, bravo sir, very well played...

:D

I thought there wasn't going to be an election in which to commit electoral fraud. Oh well, you live and learn.

Also, since when were the Democrats the legal authority to lay charges in this country?

As for ballot papers, I imagine the fraud is at the print facility. A common practice in the printing industry involves ordering significantly more stock - 5% for make ready and spoilage, then there's the opportunity to skim a bit off the top. This is a government contract after all, though in this case surely it is the responsibility of the EC and not the caretaker government.

Edited by chrisrazz

Up to the first comma, you were doing really well. Do you believe that Thaksin's suborning of an elected government is constitutionally legal?

whooooo can't win an election have to find other ways to get into government again!

How pathetic the democrats have become!

Where is a new Thai political party ?? - electable - everybody is craving for it!!!!!!

Don't worry, Yingluck has not done anything wrong. She will be fine, as always.

thumbsup.gif

Perhaps what you meant to say is that "She's done nothing at all?" wink.png

That would make her a Democrat or something similar

Who prints the ballots in this country?
The (caretaker) government?
I do not belief it.

The printing and monitoring of ballots must be the responsibility of the Electoral Commission, or not?

It should be but TIT

Sorry to disallusion you but many Politicians the world over are childish and self serving. Look at the nonesense over the USA Budget and you only have to listen to the UK House of Commons debating issues. Sad, but true.

13895777321431.jpg

Publicus

Any chance you can clear up for everyone if the guy standing behind Yingluck is - as you claimed earlier in thread - Security for the PM or the Caretaker Transport Minister Chatchart Sittipunt?

I think the guy in the dark glasses is from nakhon si thammarat off line news

I thought there wasn't going to be an election in which to commit electoral fraud. Oh well, you live and learn.

Also, since when were the Democrats the legal authority to lay charges in this country?

As for ballot papers, I imagine the fraud is at the print facility. A common practice in the printing industry involves ordering significantly more stock - 5% for make ready and spoilage, then there's the opportunity to skim a bit off the top. This is a government contract after all, though in this case surely it is the responsibility of the EC and not the caretaker government.

Keep up for God's sake!

The accusation is using taxpayer's funds for campaigning.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

13895777321431.jpg

Publicus

No no no no. Listen to Publicus please! The Minister for Transport and the Journalist in the shades holding the microphone for Nakhon Si Thammarat news are in fact 'Cool and Professional' under cover body guards (who apparently would both like to ring the necks of any yellow shirts!). Their full-time jobs as a Minister and Journalist respectively are simply to cover their real jobs which are secret body guards. Publicus said so, therefore we have it on the soundest authority rolleyes.gif

13895777321431.jpg

Publicus

And moonlighting as the PM's Security Detail... Well.. If that's not cause for Party Dissolution I don't know what is!

Publicus can you confirm or deny this, so we can take this breaking story to NotTheNation and have them run an immediate editorial exposé!

• Like 1

It is amazing that no one has seen an obvious opportunity to start their own independent party with a charismatic leader at the helm!

Ahh, but there's the problem; "charismatic and visionary leader" who can inspire, invoke change and motivate others.

In Thailand being a clone is normal; truly educated and creative thinking a rarity, especially in Parliament! xblink.png.pagespeed.ic.wBkwYuU0d7.webp

The patron/client relationship is still strong in Thai society and in Thai politics especially. After the 1932 revolution of the so-called Khana Ratsadorn (People's Party), which was actually a coup by the upper classes), Arjarn Pridi Phanomyong (himself an appoined noble, Luang Praditmanutham) deferred universal suffrage for 10 years because, he argued, the Thai people were not ready for parliamentary democracy, not least due to the power the patronage system in Thai society. Due to the continued power of this Thai institution, perhaps they are still unready.

• Like 2