Suthep kicks off Bangkok shutdown mass protest

webfact

Well done Suphet. Notice difference between red shirt thugs in 2010 and this protest. So fat totally peaceful no burnings no guns with protestors just a very large group of determined people who are totally sick and tired of Taksin and his lot just doing whatever they want.

The 2010 protests were basically peaceful until the troops came in to the yellow shirts dirty work.

This time the army is on the side of the protesters. Army won't stage a coup because it will spark a civil war against 70% of the population that the army will lose and cause them to lose legitimacy.

The red shirts have a lot more fight in them given they have relatively little to lose. Their lives and the lives of their children will only improve by ensuring that the democratically elected party is allowed to govern.

The yellow shirts are fat and happy and have everything to lose. When push comes to shove they won't put it all on the line to get what they want because their lives are in general pretty good. They just want a government that funnels more money in their pockets basically.

My Thai wife is out the protesting with thousands of other people from Issan

She does not like the Yellow shirts so wears Pink

She is there with her friends to get rid of Thaskins Curruption in Government

That sort of throws you posting straight down the drain as BS

• Like 1

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just called a Thai friend, a retired general, whose house is right on one of the roads used by the "protesters". He said that he went out to talk to them and found that many of the people he saw had been bused in from southern Thailand. They had been given 2,000 baht a piece for their "protesting" efforts. We are planning to get a group of us friends together and go protest tomorrow. What a great party we could have for 2,000 baht each.

That's strange, my wife and her friends as well as several hundred others from our village have been in BKK for several weeks protesting and no one has offered them any money to go. I had better let her know she is losing outxsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png .

My wife tells me they are offering 500bht per day in Kanchanaburi but very few takers.

Realistically I am sure it is happening, but I am sure that the average farmer around here (NST) earning 200 -300 Baht a day would jump at the chance! What I have been amazed at though is how militant everyone around here has become especially as the attitude has always been that it doesn't matter who you vote for, it's not going to any difference. If nothing else comes of this at least it may make Thais take their politics a bit more seriously which can only be a good thing.

I will forward these comments to Khun Suthep's FB private message and I will ask him to response on his next speech whether it is true or not. I want to know this also.

for Christ's sake you don't need to do that - we all know the answer already - "Khun" Suthep is a politician cheating and lying is in their DNA for crying out loud!

Do you expect him to go on stage and say "yes I am paying them to be here?"

The answer will be "I am offended by the mere thought if this! All my supporters are here because they want to see reforms.and bla bla bla..........."

Your wife represents hundreds of thousands of other protesters, who in turn represent millions of Thais nationwide. I admire the folks who make the effort to go out an protest. They're taking time away from their jobs and/or studies. For some, it's easy to get free to join the protest, for others it's a a big inconvenience.

The protests are not always pretty. Sometimes they veer off on tangents. But the overall gist is, as Tezzainoz mentioned: Their wanting a change from the awful governing of the Shinwatres. Sure, elections would be preferable. Unfortunately, elections in Thailand are rife with pay-offs - particularly to pu yai bans (village headmen) who are paid/gifted to deliver their bloc of votes. The suffering that Thailand and Thais are experiencing now, is a reflection of how tolerant they've generally been (and are still) of corruption and election fraud - for the past decades. Many African countries are in similar dire straits.

Morality, decency and honesty need to come from individuals. It takes more than speeches or written texts to instill those qualities in people. It takes inner commitment coupled with teaching our children by example, not just by words.

• Like 2

The term Exile has never fitted very well in the case of Thaksin.

Here is Collins Dictionary Interpretation:

exile prolonged usually enforced absence from one's country,

person banished or living away from his or her country expel from one's country.

Thaksin ran away from his own Country in order to escape criminal convictions.

He was not expelled from his own Country!

Neither is he banished from his own Country!

He has never been banned from entering his own country (Thailand)

Nor has his absence been enforced since he absconded.

He has had his Thai Passport Reinstated.

So no! Exile and Fugitive in this instance do not sit well together!

What is the obsession with this word!? There is nothing in your definition which rings untrue and the presence of the word in an article does not suggest bias. The article is very fair and highlights the farcical situation on the streets of Bangkok.

Ps You avatar is unusual. Would it not make more sense with the other 3 flags being the ones to make up the Union Flag? off topic I know but its a strange one.

I will stick with the Collins Dictionary interpretation,rather than yours!

My Avatar covers the UK!

Northern Ireland does not have a Flag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countries_of_the_United_Kingdom

My take on the current situation is that Suthep's sponsor has cut off funding for their great adventure and is leaving Suthep to drown in his own juice. The movement is in trouble and their crusader has become an embarrassment. Time to go home and send in the street cleaners.

My take on the current situation is that Suthep's sponsor has cut off funding for their great adventure and is leaving Suthep to drown in his own juice. The movement is in trouble and their crusader has become an embarrassment. Time to go home and send in the street cleaners.

Most probably the yellow supporters are getting slowly less naive and see the true color of Suthep...

Many must now have joined the "respect my vote" movement for sure.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just called a Thai friend, a retired general, whose house is right on one of the roads used by the "protesters". He said that he went out to talk to them and found that many of the people he saw had been bused in from southern Thailand. They had been given 2,000 baht a piece for their "protesting" efforts. We are planning to get a group of us friends together and go protest tomorrow. What a great party we could have for 2,000 baht each.

I think those who voluntarily join the protest will not be paid. But if somebody recruits you and your group, it is there where you are paid

wife rang me this morning to say all is okay, she has made many new friends at the protest and all is peaceful

told her about applemans message and she laughed, and asked me

why is Thaskin paying Farlang to say BS on this web site?

THIS IS THAILAND, NOTHING TO DO WITH STUPID FARLANG

No one is being paid we are all here to get rid of Thaskin

Once the government postpone the election till after the 180 days to get the SET THASKIN FREE amendment, most will go home

We are not protesting for The Democrats

We are here to get rid of Thaskin curruption

Nice to see your classed as a stupid Farang, as to some getting paid ? you can be certain some were and strangely enough since the funds seizure the numbers have dropped off almost in unison.

PS you might want to tell the missus hes out of the country and has been for 9 years, if you think the populist policies and direction will change targeting the north power base whatever the PTP get renamed to, you are probably going to be very disappointed unless someone pops up as a credible opposition, it certainly isnt the dems.

My Avatar covers the UK!

Your Collins definition (bits missing and all) matches Thaskin, its so irrelevant so please let it go before one of us dies. The presense of the word exile does not signal an article being pro Thaskin.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk_vapPI8DJVnKzve7Ni6m9uB7X5vgnbeWmHoIUc1fbuSClFw is the NI flag, allbeit not official.my off topic point related to how the Union Flag is made up

My Avatar covers the UK!

Your Collins definition (bits missing and all) matches Thaskin, its so irrelevant so please let it go before one of us dies. The presense of the word exile does not signal an article being pro Thaskin.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk_vapPI8DJVnKzve7Ni6m9uB7X5vgnbeWmHoIUc1fbuSClFw is the NI flag, allbeit not official.my off topic point related to how the Union Flag is made up

My Avatar includes UK Countries,It doesn't include the NI Flag,which doesn't officially exist (and is banned),live with it!

In September when the Scottish Referendum takes place,should the Scottish people decide to vote for Independence,then my Avatar will reflect their wishes,and Scotland will become one less Country of the UK. Which I hope will not be the outcome,but that is their choice!

Your wife represents hundreds of thousands of other protesters, who in turn represent millions of Thais nationwide. I admire the folks who make the effort to go out an protest. They're taking time away from their jobs and/or studies. For some, it's easy to get free to join the protest, for others it's a a big inconvenience.

The protests are not always pretty. Sometimes they veer off on tangents. But the overall gist is, as Tezzainoz mentioned: Their wanting a change from the awful governing of the Shinwatres. Sure, elections would be preferable. Unfortunately, elections in Thailand are rife with pay-offs - particularly to pu yai bans (village headmen) who are paid/gifted to deliver their bloc of votes. The suffering that Thailand and Thais are experiencing now, is a reflection of how tolerant they've generally been (and are still) of corruption and election fraud - for the past decades. Many African countries are in similar dire straits.

Morality, decency and honesty need to come from individuals. It takes more than speeches or written texts to instill those qualities in people. It takes inner commitment coupled with teaching our children by example, not just by words.

Hundreds of thousands?

I say millions easily...just look at the crowds at the 2 major protest sites taken this afternoon!

post-182905-0-63238100-1389803655_thumb.

post-182905-0-47850100-1389803665_thumb.

Hundreds of thousands?

I say millions easily...just look at the crowds at the 2 major protest sites taken this afternoon!

Definitely millions ... well at least a hundred. But the thing you have to remember is that dear Mr Suthep has ruled that Bangkok people are far superior to those in the provinces, so each Bangkokian is worth 10 to 15 of the inferior country people. [see link below] So if you count 100 people demonstrating in a photo, that's really nearer 1500 people. You see?

These super-human Bangkokians go to the demos because they have deduced (using their superior brain power) that Thaksin was the most evil creature that ever walked this earth and must be eliminated from politics. They are shocked that the feeble, inferior serfs from the provinces are questioning this judgement!

http://asiancorrespondent.com/118412/pro-government-protesters-rally-in-thailands-second-city/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pro-government-protesters-rally-in-thailands-second-city