Abhisit urges courage to rule fishy rice deal case

webfact

bkkgooner, on 15 Jan 2014 - 12:37, said:

Funny he wasn't saying much of this stuff when he was the leader of the opposition party, bloke is an opportunist who plays the political game very well for his family and people close to him. I can't believe I used to support this muppet as he has no interesting in moving Thailand forward as a nation.

You forgot to mention his 12 million supporters that voted for him in the 2011 electionswhistling.gif

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody during the last two years - at least those without blinders on - knows that the rice scheme is the most corrupt government programme ever implemented. Even the rice farmers themselves - the very beneficiaries - are catching on to it. The only pockets of ignorance left are the consciously willed and adopted ones.

I entirely agree. But I still can not understand: why there are so many falangs supporting the rice pledge scheme, it’s father, and the sister of the father? facepalm.gif

Me cannot understand.whistling.gif

• Like 1

You have to admire Abhisit, only hours after the red ruffians bombed his house in an obvious assassination attempt he is there in the spotlight highlighting the Thaksin governments in-your-face corruption. Showing more determination and a keener sense of smell for corruption than a truffle dog in an autumn woodland. The clan can not recover from their dastardly deeds being under the spotlight for the world to see and be repulsed by.

Khun Abhsist, we salute you!

It's actually a matter of > You showed me what u can do. Now let me show u what i can do >

Edited by Mampara

oldthaihand99, on 15 Jan 2014 - 12:09, said:
Costas2008, on 15 Jan 2014 - 10:55, said:

To the Foreigners supporting Yingluck, and her puppet government.

Please, open your eyes and ears.

Try to understand the damage they have done to this beautiful country.

Do you really want this to carry on?

Because, if elected, nothing will change, except the chance that her criminal brother will come back to do more damage.

Considering Suthep hates foreigners, it is a no brainer for foreigners to oppose him.

Did you get this information from your local Som Tam lady?whistling.gif

You didn't know that? Time to change your tune, eh?

Whaaaaaaaa my ploy to stage a coup isn't working mommy ......maybe I will go back to the rice thingy

I think you don't get it. Suthep doesn't want a coup, he wants Yingluck out. the army will not stage a coup, they want Yingluck to clean up her own mess. . Thaksin wants a coup because then he can blame the army again for interfering with democracy.

And that rice thingy has costed Thai taxpayers THB 800,000,000,000 in 2.5 years and still no money to pay the farmers. Where did the money go? I guess only Yingluck and Thaksin know.

Whaaaaaaa

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 2

Because, if elected, nothing will change, except the chance that her criminal brother will come back to do more damage.

Oh dear "Costas",

I, as one of the "Foreigners (with a capital "F") in this beautiful country" forgot completely that Foreigners can vote too in Thailand.

I ask you a thousand fold sorry and may the wrath of the lord Bouddha strike me a hundredfold for forgetting that Foreigners can vote too in Thailand.

Dear Costas, I ask you a hundredfold forgiveness for "supporting" the Yingluck government and I promise to you that I will vote the next elections for the Democrats.

Bwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Time to take a break from the PC screen and calm down.....!.....nothing to be gained going mental over the situation......Chang calms!

• Like 2

You have to admire Abhisit, only hours after the red ruffians bombed his house in an obvious assassination attempt he is there in the spotlight highlighting the Thaksin governments in-your-face corruption. Showing more determination and a keener sense of smell for corruption than a truffle dog in an autumn woodland. The clan can not recover from their dastardly deeds being under the spotlight for the world to see and be repulsed by.

The man is a complete and utter fool.

A few weeks ago he had defeated the Amnesty bill through a popular protest that brought together people from all sides of the political spectrum.

Yingluk was on the ropes.

All he had to so was switch his campaign to attacking other government policies that were deemed unpopular and who knows how successful he might have been?

Instead his craven vanity got the better of him and he just had to go after Thaksin even if it meant overturning the democratic process to do so. For Abhisit, like so many, it's just personal and to hang with the people.

Don't start on what Thaksin has done as some excuse for Abhisit's behaviour. Most right-minding people see them all as over-preening egotists who certainly don't need farangs cheering them on from the stalls.

Abhisit is way too late to start talking about the rice scheme now that everybody's attention is on the Bangkok shutdown. Abhisit is tarred with Suthep's fascist brush and has lost whatever credibility the Amnesty bill victory might have brought him.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago he had defeated the Amnesty bill through a popular protest that brought together people from all sides of the political spectrum.

All he had to so was switch his campaign to attacking other government policies that were deemed unpopular and who knows how successful he might have been?

--------------------------------------

Would probably have been too risky for them...
This would have lead to 02nd Feb elections, Yin Govt might have won and get another 4 years free pass to mess around even more than they did in 2.5 years.
Seems its more strategical: don't go to election in Feb, corner them against the wall and drop the shower of legal cases on them before they get re-elected...
Probably hoping for a 5 years ban.
As mentioned by another poster: Suthep and military do not want a coup...
They want Yin and Mr T totally out...
Edited by CantSpell
  • Like 1

Instead his craven vanity got the better of him and he just had to go after Thaksin even if it meant overturning the democratic process to do so. For Abhisit, like so many, it's just personal and to hang with the people.

Don't start on what Thaksin has done as some excuse for Abhisit's behaviour. Most right-minding people see them all as over-preening egotists who certainly don't need farangs cheering them on from the stalls.

Abhisit is way too late to start talking about the rice scheme now that everybody's attention is on the Bangkok shutdown. Abhisit is tarred with Suthep's fascist brush and has lost whatever credibility the Amnesty bill victory might have brought him.

A complete and utter fool, Oxford Uni must have let their standards slip, your second sentence about attacking other Gov. policies is then turned around by saying its too late to start attacking the Rice Scam, do you deem it too late,? as up here in Thaksin land the village is starting to question said Rice Scam. Don,t start on what Thaksin has done, hmm, isn,t this the whole reason for the protests?

I support the 'rule of law' in Thailand. It is ludicrous and hypocritical for Abhisit to talk about the concept of a 'speedy trial'. IMHO all current and former MPs and PMs still living and under charges should be brought to trail as soon as possible - especially when such charges include murder. If Thailand wants real reform, then reform the judiciary and treat everyone 'equal under the law'. Reform corruption? It all starts with equal enforcement of the law.

Agreed.

The sooner Abhsit and Surhep are allowed their chance to clear their names of the stupid charges the better.

It will give them the chance to bring out all the evidence their lawyers will have accumulated, the hate speeches from the red stage urging violence, the phone'ins, the videos and photos of the men in black and the money trail back to the instigator and funder of the riots.

PT attempted to deny them that chance by including them in the amnesty bill but it did not work so the truth will come out and it will be the final death nell for Thaksin.

OH and no doubt you would also like to see those charged with terrorism for their part in the riots of 2010 before the courts pronto.

It's amazing how making a post critical of 'one' side of this ongoing mess, automatically puts you on the 'other' side. I said in my post ALL former MPs and PMs. Abhisit has been indicted for murder. That doesn't make him guilty but it does mean he has to stand trial. Suthep won't even report to acknowledge the charges. A real role model for the 'rule of law'. Additionally, Abhisit is saying that the bringing of charges against those yet to be named is the same as the establishment of 'guilt'. Wrong, again. Another person said that my 'reference' to the airport closure indicated that I had an 'agenda'. The closure of the airport was the first in the series of 'terrorist' acts that have taken place in the yellow vs. red political war. I believe that everyone, and I mean everyone, should be brought to trail for their crimes and be treated the same under the law. You can't cure corruption when there is no 'rule of law'. Moan and groan as you like about the offenses of one side or the other - but the rule of law is only way to bring corruption under some control. It will never disappear. You can't blindly support Suthep and his anarchism as a way to cure corruption in Thailand. The real problem is that when all the people are in jail that should be, there will be precious few people left that are qualified to run for an election. But an election is still the best option. And if there is still any controversy about my feelings about how the rule of law should be applied, it includes ALL including those responsible for the destruction of property and deaths during the 2010 riots. Blindly following Suthep, the fugitive in Dubai, or any other Johnny come lately seeking to be Thailand's messiah will not solve the serious issues facing this country.

Edited by pookiki

While I am no fan of Suthep I am also no fan of Thaksin and this rice scheme. Absolutely transparency is what is

needed on all programs not concerning national security. If you can't explain it and justify the losses then it should

end. If you want to improve the lives of the farmers implement programs that increase productivity and quality not

an unsustainable program that goes against market forces and is a bottomless pit. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Calling it an assassination attempt is a bit much. I think it was more a "3 Stooges Assassination Attempt" (I know there were four people)!

Hail for a real leader.

The sooner this government falls, the sooner the people in the less developed areas in Thailand, will start to think about the real meaning of politics.

Not that this people have to have a change of heart and have to vote Dem's , but they could choose their own leaders in a transparent way, and not by false promises, and corruption.

• Like 1

I support the 'rule of law' in Thailand. It is ludicrous and hypocritical for Abhisit to talk about the concept of a 'speedy trial'. IMHO all current and former MPs and PMs still living and under charges should be brought to trail as soon as possible - especially when such charges include murder. If Thailand wants real reform, then reform the judiciary and treat everyone 'equal under the law'. Reform corruption? It all starts with equal enforcement of the law.

I think we all support the rule of law. And that is the dilema here. The rule of law should have been applied a long time ago. If it had, we wouldn't be here at this juncture today. All I can see here is TS abusing democracy and causing everyone to fight among each other. Everyone wants democracy, but if democracy is allowed to been hijacked by corrupt politicians, then it is no longer a democracy. Let's bring Democracy back to Thailand.

• Like 2

Yes equal enforcement. So you'd support extraditing a well known fugitive who openly meets representatives and ministers from his government, and even senior police officers, to serve his prison sentence and face other charges. And you'd support replacing the AG and head of the DSI with professionals who don't answer to a political master and only investigate his opponents? Or do you support the rule of law like the Shin clan - only when it suits?

I think we all support the rule of law. And that is the dilema here. The rule of law should have been applied a long time ago. If it had, we wouldn't be here at this juncture today. All I can see here is TS abusing democracy and causing everyone to fight among each other. Everyone wants democracy, but if democracy is allowed to been hijacked by corrupt politicians, then it is no longer a democracy. Let's bring Democracy back to Thailand.

The dilemma is that there is no personal accountability on either side of the political divide. The fugitive in Dubai did not invent corruption nor was he the first to abuse the democratic system. My simple inquiry is what is your proposal to bring back 'democracy' to Thailand? It can't be done through autocratic and dictatorial methods -- right?

pookiki some laws are very bad. Even if you use and enforce them, it does not help!

Look for example:

§ 376
Any person who without justifiable grounds shoots an explosive gun in a town, village or amongst a public gathering shall be liable to imprisonment for not more than ten days, or a fine not exceeding five hundred baht or both.
So you can fire a gun in a crowd (nobody hurt): 15 Dollar (500 Baht) fine!!!

Law must be reformed as fast as possible, is the only way.

- Bail regulation .
- Immunity of MPs
- Exclusion of condemning criminals from holding public office
- Tax exemption for certain persons,

-etc.

Edited by tomacht8

The problem here is not with the issue. It goes without saying that corruption should be investigated/exposed. But the dynamic duo...one with a long history of dodgy deals and it transpires that Abhisit was stripped go his status in the military fot submitting false documents so he could avoid being conscripted into the army. This guy offers himself as the leader of a party and possibly PM? It can't be real...

Agreed.

The sooner Abhsit and Surhep are allowed their chance to clear their names of the stupid charges the better.

It will give them the chance to bring out all the evidence their lawyers will have accumulated, the hate speeches from the red stage urging violence, the phone'ins, the videos and photos of the men in black and the money trail back to the instigator and funder of the riots.

PT attempted to deny them that chance by including them in the amnesty bill but it did not work so the truth will come out and it will be the final death nell for Thaksin.

OH and no doubt you would also like to see those charged with terrorism for their part in the riots of 2010 before the courts pronto.

It's amazing how making a post critical of 'one' side of this ongoing mess, automatically puts you on the 'other' side. I said in my post ALL former MPs and PMs. Abhisit has been indicted for murder. That doesn't make him guilty but it does mean he has to stand trial. Suthep won't even report to acknowledge the charges. A real role model for the 'rule of law'. Additionally, Abhisit is saying that the bringing of charges against those yet to be named is the same as the establishment of 'guilt'. Wrong, again. Another person said that my 'reference' to the airport closure indicated that I had an 'agenda'. The closure of the airport was the first in the series of 'terrorist' acts that have taken place in the yellow vs. red political war. I believe that everyone, and I mean everyone, should be brought to trail for their crimes and be treated the same under the law. You can't cure corruption when there is no 'rule of law'. Moan and groan as you like about the offenses of one side or the other - but the rule of law is only way to bring corruption under some control. It will never disappear. You can't blindly support Suthep and his anarchism as a way to cure corruption in Thailand. The real problem is that when all the people are in jail that should be, there will be precious few people left that are qualified to run for an election. But an election is still the best option. And if there is still any controversy about my feelings about how the rule of law should be applied, it includes ALL including those responsible for the destruction of property and deaths during the 2010 riots. Blindly following Suthep, the fugitive in Dubai, or any other Johnny come lately seeking to be Thailand's messiah will not solve the serious issues facing this country.

Actually, the first of the "terrorist" attacks came more than a year earlier when red shirts attacked Prem's house.

yes exactly , we salute him, when we see his back, and he never comes back....

Tell us with some proof what his non elected government did achieve for this country.... nothing, nada, niente... fools believe in him, especially the English because its a native English.

"The reds bombed his house, in an obvious assassination attempt," hahaha this made me laugh , it might have bin also the yellows trowing a cracker to his house, bombing is sure another thing and an attempt to assassinate one who's not there is quite difficult .

Ones more Jaidam you are worth your name !

yes exactly , we salute him, when we see his back, and he never comes back....

Tell us with some proof what his non elected government did achieve for this country.... nothing, nada, niente... fools believe in him, especially the English because its a native English.

"The reds bombed his house, in an obvious assassination attempt," hahaha this made me laugh , it might have bin also the yellows trowing a cracker to his house, bombing is sure another thing and an attempt to assassinate one who's not there is quite difficult .

Ones more Jaidam you are worth your name !

"Tell us with some proof what his non elected government did achieve for this country"

His elected government did quite well in stopping Thailand from being too affected by the global financial crisis.

Costas, you, like most of us foreigners, do not seem to know what you talk about.

The damage done by the Yingluck government and/or the damage done by any previous government, what do we really know and what has remain hidden for us ?

The Thais do not even know it all themselves.

This is a Thai struggle between 2 powers of which we do not even know which one is better or worse.

Thailand would probably be better of getting rid of both and start all new.

But then again, what do I know.