EC refusal to join forum upsets caretaker PM Yingluck

Lite Beer

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The EC would have hard time nullifying the elections if PTP roll into government again and the EC were seen to have held a consultantacy role attending meetings and forums along the way!

Keeping options open perhaps by not fully participating

The government can't "roll into government" after the Feb 2 election. There will not be enough MPs to convene parliament, a PM won't be elected, and government can't be formed.

Did I mention Feb 2? but thanks for your input

Sorry. Is there some other election that I should know about?

The EC would have hard time nullifying the elections if PTP roll into government again and the EC were seen to have held a consultantacy role attending meetings and forums along the way!

The government can't "roll into government" after the Feb 2 election. There will not be enough MPs to convene parliament, a PM won't be elected, and government can't be formed.

Well apparently according to your information there will be another one following this one, probably when the suitable position is set for the favoured party to win, I'm rather surprised that you were not capable of working this out for yourself, but pleased to assist.

After 2.5 years refusing to talk or listen to anyone except a criminal from afar this lady now is now upset when people ignore her.
Some are to quick to judge and to quick to type. The EC is bound by the constitution and the Monarch of this great kingdom to set the election process started and now they are being derelict in their duty full stop. Spartakos, I ask thee is not Suthep a former criminal and acting illegally at present? Is not Abihsit indicted on murder charges and due to face the Court amongst other charges? I think both sides need a hell of a lot reform before anything should be none, but I'm not in dreamland either, farewell. Cricketnut

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Reason they didn't attend is because Puea Thai have a habit of organising these agenda driven forums with a 'majority' of their allies to agree with them, forcing the minority to go along. Call it democracy but you can't force anyone into anything. Bottom line, how can you have an election in the middle of a revolution, get serious and admit it's a failure she 30% of the electorate are unlikely to show up. Stop trying to push your agenda. There's been enough talking.

• Like 1

To be fair if all parties wanted to find a mutually beneficial outcome to the current fiasco whatever it may be, it seems churlish for parties not even to attend. No one said they had to agree on anything, i expect that the wider audience will summize it just goes to show that certain persons dont want to resolve the situation anyway other than their own. I think even if it was for PR reasons alone, it would of sent a good signal for everyone to be there to at least give the impression that they had intentions to solve this situation amicably rather than heading down a potentially very dangerous and violent path.

It is non negotiable to the protesters. They have drawn a line and are not going to cross it. Some people have to be hit over the head with a two X four to get the message. The anti government people want reform not cheap talk.

I have no problem understanding Yingluck. She wants to negotiate a way to have an election with out electoral reform first and after the election which she will win as there are no Democrats running and if they get enough seats for a quorum she will form a commission to talk about reform. That seams to be the line she has drawn. What is the mystery?

What is so difficult to understand about either side. I believe an agreeable middle would be have the electoral reform first then go ahead with an election. One where in order to enter the race each party would have to sign an agreement to take part in a commission to be set up for the purpose of reform. It would be one composed of many different parts of society. Not just Thaksin fans. Yes there would be some of them there to.

• Like 1

Gen Sonthi Boonyaratglin of the Matuphum Party and Chuvit Kamolvisit of Love Thailand Party,

So, in the interest of accuracy, Yingluck is boasting about a coupist and a happy ending massage parlour magnate attending her meeting.

So it was a coup last time? I thought the line trotted out was something about TS not being the PM,he was just a caretaker etc etc At least we have got that straight now.

I think most would agree a coup as in Military taking the burden of government. It's just disagreement here on whether or not Thaksin was ousted as PM, caretaker PM or just 'guest' PM who had overstayed.

I think the definition is more like "sudden appropriation of power". Could be any group, farmers, military, accountants, revolutionaries etc.

If you watched anything other than Blue Sky you would perhaps be able to form an opinion about both.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5701150010004

Other papers mentioned it... but not bluesky!!! There is even links to it on here!!!

Media outside thailand reported this.. The MFA made sure it if with a briefing and it was duly targeted by the fascist mobs.

You need to read more if you are going to attempt anything more than snide knee jerk comments like that. Next you'll be having ago at Humour or sarcasm I suppose. Good luck with it!! smile.png Least I don't need to take you seriously anymore

A record amount abroad registered online and will caste advance votes if not already this time around.

I thought any informed person would already know about this option and if they are indeed voting they wont be to vote Dem seeing as that isnt an option.

Im not sure but suspect being in other countries they are likely to have much more exposure to true democracies and will be, if not students supporting that election process.

I try to keep one foot firmly outside Thailand as its far too easy to stick your head in the sand like the country does, its a shame more here dont read outside the propaganda a lot of this country produces. Then again a lot here dont exactly come for democracy wink.png

Till now no info on numbers and certainly not on 'online registration'. Also no info on when ballot forms will be sent to verified valid online registrations. As such it would seem unlikely that any vote has already been cast officially.

Let's indeed hope that those living abroad in real democracies and know that only voting doesn't help the main problem of corruption and Thaksinification.

BTW as for propaganda, here the English part of the EC website, really limited. The Thai version has much more, maybe even something on 'online registration'.

http://www.ect.go.th/en/

To be fair if all parties wanted to find a mutually beneficial outcome to the current fiasco whatever it may be, it seems churlish for parties not even to attend. No one said they had to agree on anything, i expect that the wider audience will summize it just goes to show that certain persons dont want to resolve the situation anyway other than their own. I think even if it was for PR reasons alone, it would of sent a good signal for everyone to be there to at least give the impression that they had intentions to solve this situation amicably rather than heading down a potentially very dangerous and violent path.

Err isn't that party the one passing the vote at 3am? And ignoring all the participants from the opposition? Rest assure these bunch of "caretakers" will again use this as am opportunity to vote and cheatedly bring the election on the date that they want? No point for opposition to attend any of the meeting where the voters are all under the (money) influence of PTP.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Khun Yingluck just don't want to be hold responsible for saying me, myself and I want the election to be carried out (because my brother told me so). Instead she is again and again hiding behind other people...Be it the parliament, the MP's, forums aso.

When will she ever take responsibility...

She is not hiding, she is doing everything by the book and correctly and she is making a mockery of the PDRC and the Democrat Party.

By calling such meetings she is showing she is willing to listen and she is also showing the world and the Thai people that some people have a hidden agenda by not attending, what they say they want is not actually what they want and so they refuse to attend and discuss.

Why do you think the protests are now getting smaller and smaller ?

In my opinion more and more people (the pawns and gullible ones) are seeing through this reform guise and beginning to question whether this whole protest is do with reform, or a much darker agenda.

In my opinion the suggestion that the polices hands are tied by Sutheps backers and that the Armies hands are tied by the backer of PTP/Thaksin is being brought more and more to the front. People are questioning why no coup and then when they actually look into it they can understand what the rush is to kick PTP out now, perhaps a very much darker agenda which has nothing to do with political reform.

In my opinion a lot of Farangs do not understand the games in the background, what is driving events.

Absolutely correct. By doing everything according to the book, there can be no reasonable criticism. She is giving her opponents all the rope they need to hang themselves.

Very adept politicking, whether by her own hand or those of her advisors. Then end game is drawing close, the white Queen is slowly but surely encircling the black King.

The care-taking PM is just zigzagging along, trying to avoid any responsability, trying to avoid any clear commitment, trying to survive and without much care for the Nation.

YS is playing the game to a T. This is just banal Western politricks folks, one statement, one blank look, watch the back of her head disappear without answering any questions. Simple PR driven actions. Just using the leverage being handed to her on a big silver plate. The 'democratic' politcal game has some rules to it, chess is an apt comparison. Mr Suthep is ten pin bowling. Thailand must decidedly remove such strong visible emotion from politics to reassure the ordinary people, but one respectfully is not naive to the real source of the emotion. Neither side shows much care for the nation, it's politics. In the west you get a doggy treat once in a while, nice gutters, littering fines, council regulations to do your head in etc. It's the lofty heights of expectation promoted to the supporters of both feuding parties here that really worries me.

Reason they didn't attend is because Puea Thai have a habit of organising these agenda driven forums with a 'majority' of their allies to agree with them, forcing the minority to go along. Call it democracy but you can't force anyone into anything. Bottom line, how can you have an election in the middle of a revolution, get serious and admit it's a failure she 30% of the electorate are unlikely to show up. Stop trying to push your agenda. There's been enough talking.

If 30℅ choose not to show up then the 70% who do should be disenfranchised?

It is also worth considering how many of that 30% don't show up because they have been intimidated or physically stopped from voting by Sutheps goons (in direct contradiction of The Thai Constitution).

I realise that democracy is defined in many different ways, particularly by some on this forum, but to cancel an election because 30% of the electorate don't or can't' show up is stretching it a tad.

If 30℅ choose not to show up then the 70% who do should be disenfranchised?

It is also worth considering how many of that 30% don't show up because they have been intimidated or physically stopped from voting by Sutheps goons (in direct contradiction of The Thai Constitution).

I realise that democracy is defined in many different ways, particularly by some on this forum, but to cancel an election because 30% of the electorate don't or can't' show up is stretching it a tad.

Don't forget that voting is mandatory and your voting rights are taken for some years if you fail to vote. Failing to vote also means you cannot stand as candidate for the same period.

Khun Yingluck just don't want to be hold responsible for saying me, myself and I want the election to be carried out (because my brother told me so). Instead she is again and again hiding behind other people...Be it the parliament, the MP's, forums aso.

When will she ever take responsibility...

She is not hiding, she is doing everything by the book and correctly and she is making a mockery of the PDRC and the Democrat Party.

By calling such meetings she is showing she is willing to listen and she is also showing the world and the Thai people that some people have a hidden agenda by not attending, what they say they want is not actually what they want and so they refuse to attend and discuss.

Why do you think the protests are now getting smaller and smaller ?

In my opinion more and more people (the pawns and gullible ones) are seeing through this reform guise and beginning to question whether this whole protest is do with reform, or a much darker agenda.

In my opinion the suggestion that the polices hands are tied by Sutheps backers and that the Armies hands are tied by the backer of PTP/Thaksin is being brought more and more to the front. People are questioning why no coup and then when they actually look into it they can understand what the rush is to kick PTP out now, perhaps a very much darker agenda which has nothing to do with political reform.

In my opinion a lot of Farangs do not understand the games in the background, what is driving events.

And you clearly do of course.

The problem is people get tired of someone who constantly breaks promises, lies, cheats and then keeps pretending to want to start afresh.

She didn't want to know whilst things were going well for her gang. Now, the shits hitting the fan and its suddenly lets talk. Again more meaningless talks filled with yes men.

The Thai people have had enough of this family, plain and simple. They went too far in a too in your face way. Now. its all going to end badly for the Thai people, whatever happens.

Gen Sonthi Boonyaratglin of the Matuphum Party and Chuvit Kamolvisit of Love Thailand Party,

So, in the interest of accuracy, Yingluck is boasting about a coupist and a happy ending massage parlour magnate attending her meeting.

Would that be Gen Sonthi who led a coup and appears to have said (at the time) he would never enter politics or want to be an MP ? Similar to how Suthep says (at the moment) he is out of politics for good................... ?

I am a bit confused about the relationship between Mr Abhisit and the military. I have assumed they would work together but I recall that he was stripped of his military rank and pension for falsifying documents , enabling him to avoid conscription. I doubt that would have gone down too well with the military or is it common for the "elite" to do this kind of thing....and let the isaan boys join the army for 'complusory' training?

Details have been lacking and Abhisit started a court case on this. Wait and see.

BTW it would seem common for 'rich people' which is not the same as 'elite'. Care-taker MoL Pol. Captain Chalerm's sons 'allegedly' did something similar and they're hardly 'elite'. Also apart from 'elite' and 'Isaan boys' there are also boys in other parts of Thailand although Isaan seem more productive rolleyes.gif

Would that be Gen Sonthi who led a coup and appears to have said (at the time) he would never enter politics or want to be an MP ? Similar to how Suthep says (at the moment) he is out of politics for good................... ?

I am a bit confused about the relationship between Mr Abhisit and the military. I have assumed they would work together but I recall that he was stripped of his military rank and pension for falsifying documents , enabling him to avoid conscription. I doubt that would have gone down too well with the military or is it common for the "elite" to do this kind of thing....and let the isaan boys join the army for 'complusory' training?

Details have been lacking and Abhisit started a court case on this. Wait and see.

BTW it would seem common for 'rich people' which is not the same as 'elite'. Care-taker MoL Pol. Captain Chalerm's sons 'allegedly' did something similar and they're hardly 'elite'. Also apart from 'elite' and 'Isaan boys' there are also boys in other parts of Thailand although Isaan seem more productive rolleyes.gif

Thanks..found the old thread

Miss Yingluck, are you getting the message ? silence speaks volumes. There are many who may not be out on the street in active protest but are in support of getting you and your family out of politics in Thailand.

I fear that you may just have an inkling as to the dramatic ebb in popularity for both you and you party.

How many real revolutions do you know where the participants support the cause during their lunch breaks, after work and at weekends whilst watching sutheps alternative to "Thailands got Talent" ?

How many real revolutions do you know where the participants support the cause during their lunch breaks, after work and at weekends whilst watching sutheps alternative to "Thailands got Talent" ?

Does that matter ?

I am not sure if other parties understand that they have very little time to campaign. This election was too rushed. It would not be fair to the others as they do not have the advantage of YS doing her early campaigning in December.

I think EC will disqualify her and PTP for using state funds to campaign. EC was just being nice to her, but she brushed them aside. It will be interesting on Thursday and when EC will decide if her Northern visit(ONLY, where her power based is at) has broken election law.

I am not sure if other parties understand that they have very little time to campaign. This election was too rushed. It would not be fair to the others as they do not have the advantage of YS doing her early campaigning in December. I think EC will disqualify her and PTP for using state funds to campaign. EC was just being nice to her, but she brushed them aside. It will be interesting on Thursday and when EC will decide if her Northern visit(ONLY, where her power based is at) has broken election law.

Both sides had the same amount of time to campaign. As far as I recall, the announcement was made to the DEMs at the same time as to the rest of the country.

Well the party is off to a roaring start.

Chuwit Kamolvisit, leader of the Rak Thailand Said it was pointless with out Abhist and a rep from the Anti government protestors.

So he got up and left.

"A labour representative urged the government to join the election and the EC to create a positive election atmosphere to build trust among Thai people and the international community, after which a national reform can take place."

Is he saying the government is not trying to create a positive Atmosphere of trust?

Bring the popcorn. Are they set up for Skype?

Aren't they always?

• Like 1

I am not sure if other parties understand that they have very little time to campaign. This election was too rushed. It would not be fair to the others as they do not have the advantage of YS doing her early campaigning in December. I think EC will disqualify her and PTP for using state funds to campaign. EC was just being nice to her, but she brushed them aside. It will be interesting on Thursday and when EC will decide if her Northern visit(ONLY, where her power based is at) has broken election law.

Both sides had the same amount of time to campaign. As far as I recall, the announcement was made to the DEMs at the same time as to the rest of the country.

Please excuse me, but 'both sides' ? You mean Pheu Thai and 'other parties'?

Anyway the PM was still busy being PM-like, going up-North to inspect, order around and have nice photo-ops.

Are you for real ??

Every party has known since the election date was called, if they dont understand they dont belong in politics. Further more the law states its within 60 days. This isnt Yinglucks choice it is what is in the constitution. Guess who helped write it ? whistling.gif Its a stupid system imo 60 days is ridiculous but this is what happens when some try anarchy and force things.

The lack of patience of Thais and then the complaining when things get worse because their attitude towards doing things properly over time stinks is breathtaking sometimes.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

Well apparently according to your information there will be another one following this one, probably when the suitable position is set for the favoured party to win, I'm rather surprised that you were not capable of working this out for yourself, but pleased to assist.

Whilst you and your idols might dream that one election will last for eternity, the real world knows that even if 2nd Feb goes ahead it will only produce another caretaker government.

Better buy Yingluck some new mops

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am not talking about just the Dems..the small parties that will gan the least advantage of this snap election. They need to raise the funds.

It was declared when? And then the registration was completed when? I hardly call 5 weeks is enough time. Do you know how long it takes to print the signs. For a democracy to survive, voters will need time to look at all candidates so that they can make the most inform decision. I haven't seen campaign posters up yet for other parties. The only thing I see is PTP getting free PR from the press.