Thai anti-graft panel to probe PM Yingluck

Lite Beer

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't support insurrection and I don't support a fascist council both of which erupted from the boiling mind of a raging insurrectionist that is charged under Thai law with insurrection and treason.

I don't support Suthep or his feudal ideas, proposals or his means to his ends.

Great post - really relevant to the OP - about probing Yingluck on corruption issues.

F-all to do with Suthep or anyone else. Yingluck's government have lost a massive amount of money through a scheme riddled with corruption. They have refused, persistently, to reveal the true figures on losses, details of where the money went, and now seemingly lied about having sales contracts with other governments. Yinglucks criminal fugitive brother has vastly increased his wealth, at a time of little global financial and economic opportunity, which fuels speculation as to where some of this money may have gone, rightly or wrongly.

Do you have any comment on that?

I don't like fascist insurrectionists either - nor do I like very corrupt, lying cheating, self enriching, immoral and unethical governments.

• Like 1

Day after day ... story after story about corruption, scams and now non existant deals. Did PTP actually do anything legal while they were in power? Stunning that so many people still want them to run the country.

Yeah, but now for sure farmers will not vote for those PTPs.

The reason why they voted for them before because the government promised to farmers to buy their cropping 50% above the market price. Of course farmers were happy for that. They will get double money for their rice. But the government kept the rice in warehouses so that if supply of rice (to Dubai and China) is short/low, the price will get rise.

But the government was wrong in their thoughts. Vietnam and India are also exporting rice. So the customers (China and Dubai) bought from other countries.

Those rice in warehouses are not yet paid to farmers. The government promised to pay until the 15th of January 2014 but failed. So they made another promise that until the end of this month, January.

Let's see

The most fitting song for Yingluck and her scamming companions.

It might be more appropriate to apply to the dwindling band of protesters.

Agreed. You can't forget the Yingluck supporters in the North and North East who's turn out was a complete embarrassment for the UDD.

Those protestors numbered into the dozens in some provinces. The low turnout was expected especially now the rice payments are not getting paid.

What was it Tida said regarding a 20 000 turn out of Pitak Siam protestors when 1 million was promised. Tida pointed to the low figure as proof that the Thai people do not support the extreme right-wing movement and its stated mission of ousting the current Pheu Thai government.

Well you could now say djjamie pointed to the low figure of red shirts that turned out as proof that the Thai people are waking up to the paramilitary unit of the PTP and its stated mission of only respecting 1 of the 15 principles of democracy. While getting rich by abusing the other 14 principles of democracy.

I pity the gullible.

I don't support insurrection and I don't support a fascist council both of which erupted from the boiling mind of a raging insurrectionist that is charged under Thai law with insurrection and treason.

Great post - really relevant to the OP - about probing Yingluck on corruption issues.

F-all to do with Suthep or anyone else. Yingluck's government have lost a massive amount of money through a scheme riddled with corruption. They have refused, persistently, to reveal the true figures on losses, details of where the money went, and now seemingly lied about having sales contracts with other governments. Yinglucks criminal fugitive brother has vastly increased his wealth, at a time of little global financial and economic opportunity, which fuels speculation as to where some of this money may have gone, rightly or wrongly.

I don't like fascist insurrectionists either - nor do I like very corrupt, lying cheating, self enriching, immoral and unethical governments.

I have stated in other threads so to you specifically I will respectfully state in this one that I have a great deal of difficulty with the policies and the personnel of this government. I've stated over several years as a member of this forum and for several years before that that Thaksin is a shameless and massively corrupt dictator, tyrant and tax evader who has initiated his own moments as an insurrectionist though he's never been formally charged as such.

Yingluck enjoyed sh#tluck to get elected and now is having bad luck into her third year as her/his government's policies, ahem, mature - come home to roost might be another way to state it.

The Democrat Party has forfeit its right to be considered an alternative to the PTP. Suthep and his people are fascists.

Now let's get on with the democratically selected and openly functioning reform commission that successfully concluded its first meeting yesterday.

Suthep can go home now and you can turn your obsessions toward the judiciary.

The voters who support this government, which are a clear and decisive majority of the country, are turning their attention to the feudal and elite, inbred, judiciary too, but with a different mindset, point of view and course of action.

Edited by Publicus

What do they mean, The whole rice thing is a criminal scam ? facepalm.gif

All government projects are fraught with corruption. That goes from the top to the bottom.
The problem is that these projects are not controlled and there is absolutely no transparency.
And if someone asks, he will be bribed too.
This works like this:
The village chief and his assistants has submitted an application, for example a new road.
He then gets the money for a concrete road 18 cm thick with steel reinforcement.
His brother / friend who happens to have a construction business then building a road 10 cm thick and saves on steel.
After 2 months you can then admire the village chief in his new Mercedes Benz.
That runs so by all projects: rice, water, buildings, roads, hospitals, schools, trays, luggage scanners, fire department cars, etc.
I hope they reform this crap. by making these processes transparent with a compulsory documentation. There must be-possible, in our modern media world, that anyone can see how much money the mayor gets in the hand for which projects.
The problem is that the country's leaders do not want any reforms, as otherwise how they would then come to money.
With honest work?
Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

Day after day ... story after story about corruption, scams and now non existant deals. Did PTP actually do anything legal while they were in power? Stunning that so many people still want them to run the country.

There are only 2 types of people who want them to run the country..............their friends who make money from the schemes, and the uneducated who don't know, or understand anything.

• Like 1

Poor Yingluck. She was probably perfectly happy in telesales flogging phone directories during the day, shopping and gossiping with her friends before curling up in front of the TV to watch her favourite soaps then her career gets derailed by big brother and before she can say 'Elite Card' she's dumped way out of her depth in his businesses and now politics.

No wonder she wanted out.

• Like 2

The Corrections Department is preparing tender documents for interior designers to outfit another VIP cell in its Dubai facility and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is printing up another life-time supply of the special edition diplomatic passport for fugitive ex-PMs.

• Like 2

Poor Yingluck. She was probably perfectly happy in telesales flogging phone directories during the day, shopping and gossiping with her friends before curling up in front of the TV to watch her favourite soaps then her career gets derailed by big brother and before she can say 'Elite Card' she's dumped way out of her depth in his businesses and now politics.

Have to admire the loyalty in the Shin clan, though. Or is it just Thaksin controlling the clans money supply .. dunno.

She didn't actually have any measurable responsibilities as president of AIS which was managed by a CEO and team of professionals. The position was artificially created for her and she was not replaced when she left. It was just a Shin family tax on shareholders.

• Like 1

I am starting to understand why Yaowapa Wongsawat (the ugly duckling of the Shinawatra clan) is being so quite. One can only assume after the usual and predictable corruption cases against Yingluck and her MP's that will no doubt prove them guilty, in will come Yaowapa, innocent….Well after her 5 year political ban. Those Shinawatra's just can't keep out of trouble. I can imagine after Yinglucks 5 year ban Yaowapa will be proven corrupt and in will walk Yingluck again. Couple of years later another ban for her and Thaksin's son will be the next PM.

So in summary, Thaksin is a convicted fugitive on the run overseas. His sister is facing corruption charges. His other sister was banned for 5 years from politics. The other sisters husband found guilty of neglecting his duties after….surprise surprise, suspending a corruption investigation into two senior officials while he was a permanent secretary at the justice ministry. That corruption word seems to come up in every Shinawatra case.

Apparently though the Shinawatra's are clean as a PRDC whistle though and have never done anything wrong. It is a bigger conspiracy than the fake moon landing.

And people still think an elected senate is more democratic. All it will do increase the amount of corruption cases against The Shinawatra's drivers, maids, secretaries, doormen, butlers, shoe shiners etc etc etc.

They found the weakness in Thai democracy and are abusing it. They don't even care if they stay in power long enough to abuse it. There is another Shinawatra that will step up to replace the last one.

Elections. Great. Focus on post ballot box muppets. Elections only allow a govt to prove it is democratic. PTP have failed.

"It is a bigger conspiracy than the fake moon landing..."

The earth is flat! You're right. There was no ciorruption in this pure and fair land before a Shinawatra was born.

Sieg Heil!!

Uhh? No ciorruption.

Of course there was.

I'm not talking about before the Shinawatra's. I'm talking about THE Shinawatra's. About how one Shinawatra takes over from the next when they are proven corrupt.

I could explain my post again, but to save time….Look above!

By the way….The earth is round….

Actually the earth is a sphere. If you pick any start point on the earth and move in any direction you will never come to the end, a bit like the Shinawatras. giggle.gif

"...a new setback to her government following weeks of mass opposition protests"....This is not a setback...This is expected.....Its' called a 'judicial coup"...It has been clear that the Elites have decided to go the Judicial route to achieve their coup-intentions....Enabling their coup using the military wasn't going to fly internationally, and working via judicial vehicles creates smoke Internationally, when outside Thailand the judiciary is considered normal.....The PTP/UDD/RS are also expecting this and see the theft of their electoral choices by these so-called Independent bodies in the same light as if there was a flaming military intervention....Their reactions will be the same......As an aside, I am hearing that the military is being used primarily as a check on the police, preventing them from managing and controlling the coup-mongers....I understand the coup-mongers are even charging fees to pass their locations, essentially creating 'toll roads'.

"It has been clear that the Elites have decided to go the Judicial route to achieve their coup-intentions"

Using physical force to prevent people from registering as election candidates, creating chaos by barricading streets, blocking access to government offices, etc does not look like going the judicial road to me. It looks much more like criminal acts.

Is such criminal activity condoned by Section 45 of the Constitution:

Section 45. A person shall enjoy the liberty to express his opinion, make speech, write, print, publicise, and make expression by other means.

It DOES seem to be condoned by section 45 of the constitution - well done for pointing that out!!

They were simply expressing their opinion by other means ie: in the protesters opinion it was wrong for the potential candidates to register their candidacy in an election that was certain to elect an undemocratic government that abused it's authority and attempted to strip out checks and balances and ignored parliamentary laws and rules.

This has the smell of a rush to judgement by a kangaroo court all over it. Don't we wait to see the evidence before coming to conclusions, or is that not the Thai way?

The government has been *unable* to show NACC any contracts regarding the 'government to government' rice deals it publicly claimed to have made. Charges have been laid against the former commerce minister, his deputy and assorted cronies.

Now who did the minister work for? Who dreamed up the rice scheme? And who has prior criminal convictions for abuse of state power for self-enrichment?

Not worth looking into, eh?

You realise that this whole saga is politically motivatedclap2.gif.

" she was democratically elected" and has the right to stay the full 4 years, I have been reading posts like this for 3 months bah.gif

Been reading it since she was Democratically elected. You'll see the figures here. Not PT figures, but the real actual voting figures that show this to be a fact.

What is it with elections and you guys. We have more of them here than we should, and this is due to the continual coups. Still everytime, they vote against the ingraied historical corruption that is represented here by the Dems.

Next election, they will win. The only questions is will she win an election this year, or will there have to be another Junta Installed and overthrown, before she can win the next election. But, either way, she will win the NEXT free and fair election in this country. <deleted>, they almost won the one in 2007 with the full rigging and no party maching behind her. The dems only managed 30% under their own installed Constitution and Election rules.... 30%

All the talk of vote buying is crap. Lets say it is "Bluesky True" though. Did Thaksin spend more on vote buying the the Dems backers spent staging coups annd recovering later from the taxpayer. Post 2006 rise is striking.. 35% in one year http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/09/03/thailands-hungry-military/

So what happens is... the Coup is planned and financed and then the money recovered from the tax payer once their Puppets are installed. Is this what people should be fighting on the streets for more of?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011

"Been reading it since she was Democratically elected. You'll see the figures here."

You can see the number of votes she got here ZERO

I am starting to understand why Yaowapa Wongsawat (the ugly duckling of the Shinawatra clan) is being so quite. One can only assume after the usual and predictable corruption cases against Yingluck and her MP's that will no doubt prove them guilty, in will come Yaowapa, innocent….Well after her 5 year political ban. Those Shinawatra's just can't keep out of trouble. I can imagine after Yinglucks 5 year ban Yaowapa will be proven corrupt and in will walk Yingluck again. Couple of years later another ban for her and Thaksin's son will be the next PM.

So in summary, Thaksin is a convicted fugitive on the run overseas. His sister is facing corruption charges. His other sister was banned for 5 years from politics. The other sisters husband found guilty of neglecting his duties after….surprise surprise, suspending a corruption investigation into two senior officials while he was a permanent secretary at the justice ministry. That corruption word seems to come up in every Shinawatra case.

Apparently though the Shinawatra's are clean as a PRDC whistle though and have never done anything wrong. It is a bigger conspiracy than the fake moon landing.

And people still think an elected senate is more democratic. All it will do increase the amount of corruption cases against The Shinawatra's drivers, maids, secretaries, doormen, butlers, shoe shiners etc etc etc.

They found the weakness in Thai democracy and are abusing it. They don't even care if they stay in power long enough to abuse it. There is another Shinawatra that will step up to replace the last one.

Elections. Great. Focus on post ballot box muppets. Elections only allow a govt to prove it is democratic. PTP have failed.

"It is a bigger conspiracy than the fake moon landing..."

The earth is flat! You're right. There was no ciorruption in this pure and fair land before a Shinawatra was born.

Sieg Heil!!

Uhh? No ciorruption.

Of course there was.

I'm not talking about before the Shinawatra's. I'm talking about THE Shinawatra's. About how one Shinawatra takes over from the next when they are proven corrupt.

I could explain my post again, but to save time….Look above!

By the way….The earth is round….

Actually the earth is a sphere. If you pick any start point on the earth and move in any direction you will never come to the end, a bit like the Shinawatras. giggle.gif

You're applying a 2 dimensional restrcition to a 3 dimensional situation.

The PTP however, is one dimensional in a 2 dimensional world. Wealth = votes to the power of corruption

Get in line.

After the failure of the rest of the gang of Coup Plotters, these have probably been held back for extra briefing and to make sure the guilty verdict is fast and delivered with a straight face.

Nobody outside their circle is taking this seriously. It will be covered in the catch all Elite backers and supportes. we hardly even notice now and nobody follows it as we know what they will find.

Good luck to them. IF there is ever true reform here, it will not come from Suthep and the Courts will be first on anybodys reforming list. But, enjoy it whilst you can. its not 1960 anymore and your time has come.

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

You are so damn funny ! Anyone who doesn't bend to the whim of your dearly beloved fugitive leader in the desert is a Coup Plotter.

So you think the rice scheme was a good idea ? Please explain how and further embarrass yourself.

The NACC are doing their job. That's all. There is no ulterior motive.

Karma.

Of course, NACC has the duty to investigate after a complaint is received. What the people are watching now is the process and how a complaint is investigated. Beside the accused, there is also the complainers who also need to be investigated - the background and intention of the complaint. Will the same injustice again be the curse of the country when judges were intimidated by political situations that ruled against PPP. Will the curse lead to far worse situation than 2009/2010? Judicial corruption and unaccountability make the society feel hapless. This is dangerous under the present situation. Beside civil war, it can also threaten the entire system of government. However, I am looking at the whole situation under positive mode. Whatever will be, will be and have to be. Thailand may need a big cleansing through blood and fire. If it is necessary, let it be so. Send from my Mobile

Thailand may need a big cleansing through blood and fire.

Spoken like a true red shirt.....blink.png

Get in line.

After the failure of the rest of the gang of Coup Plotters, these have probably been held back for extra briefing and to make sure the guilty verdict is fast and delivered with a straight face.

Nobody outside their circle is taking this seriously. It will be covered in the catch all Elite backers and supportes. we hardly even notice now and nobody follows it as we know what they will find.

Good luck to them. IF there is ever true reform here, it will not come from Suthep and the Courts will be first on anybodys reforming list. But, enjoy it whilst you can. its not 1960 anymore and your time has come.

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

You are so dam_n funny ! Anyone who doesn't bend to the whim of your dearly beloved fugitive leader in the desert is a Coup Plotter.

So you think the rice scheme was a good idea ? Please explain how and further embarrass yourself.

The NACC are doing their job. That's all. There is no ulterior motive.

Karma.

let me see!!

NACC fighting rampant corruption - yes, I do believe that the National Anti-Corruption Committee is indeed carrying out it's remit!!

I would imagine that their biggest task at the moment will be to decide which case to investigate first out of the numerous PTP governments serious misdemeanours.

It looks like they have already copped 15 of them with Yingluck on the radar and in the cross-wires waiting for her turn to be shot down.

She should have known better and learned from her brother that you will be found out sooner or later. I think that corruption is like heroin to them - perhaps little miss darling needs a bit of rehab in a place with 'desert surroundings'!!

Of course, NACC has the duty to investigate after a complaint is received. What the people are watching now is the process and how a complaint is investigated. Beside the accused, there is also the complainers who also need to be investigated - the background and intention of the complaint. Will the same injustice again be the curse of the country when judges were intimidated by political situations that ruled against PPP. Will the curse lead to far worse situation than 2009/2010? Judicial corruption and unaccountability make the society feel hapless. This is dangerous under the present situation. Beside civil war, it can also threaten the entire system of government. However, I am looking at the whole situation under positive mode. Whatever will be, will be and have to be. Thailand may need a big cleansing through blood and fire. If it is necessary, let it be so. Send from my Mobile

They already done both of these with the pouring of blood over the gates of government house and........well, I don't think that I need to go further with the infamous second example!!!

They already done both of these with the pouring of blood over the gates of government house and........well, I don't think that I need to go further with the infamous second example!!!

Twisting and distortion are what I have to learn from you.

I have stated in other threads so to you specifically I will respectfully state in this one that I have a great deal of difficulty with the policies and the personnel of this government. I've stated over several years as a member of this forum and for several years before that that Thaksin is a shameless and massively corrupt dictator, tyrant and tax evader who has initiated his own moments as an insurrectionist though he's never been formally charged as such.

Yingluck enjoyed sh#tluck to get elected and now is having bad luck into her third year as her/his government's policies, ahem, mature - come home to roost might be another way to state it.

The Democrat Party has forfeit its right to be considered an alternative to the PTP. Suthep and his people are fascists.

Now let's get on with the democratically selected and openly functioning reform commission that successfully concluded its first meeting yesterday.

Suthep can go home now and you can turn your obsessions toward the judiciary.

The voters who support this government, which are a clear and decisive majority of the country, are turning their attention to the feudal and elite, inbred, judiciary too, but with a different mindset, point of view and course of action.

Two items in your post are totally incorrect, untruthful and deliberately very misleading:

1. "Now let's get on with the democratically selected and openly functioning reform commission that successfully concluded its first meeting yesterday". In reality the meeting made no real progress on anything and concluded with any decisions at all. Well reported.

2. " The voters who support this government, which are a clear and decisive majority of the country, are turning their attention to the feudal and elite, inbred, judiciary too, but with a different mindset, point of view and course of action." In reality very incorrect in terms of 'clear and decisive majority'.

"...a new setback to her government following weeks of mass opposition protests"....This is not a setback...This is expected.....Its' called a 'judicial coup"...It has been clear that the Elites have decided to go the Judicial route to achieve their coup-intentions....Enabling their coup using the military wasn't going to fly internationally, and working via judicial vehicles creates smoke Internationally, when outside Thailand the judiciary is considered normal.....The PTP/UDD/RS are also expecting this and see the theft of their electoral choices by these so-called Independent bodies in the same light as if there was a flaming military intervention....Their reactions will be the same......As an aside, I am hearing that the military is being used primarily as a check on the police, preventing them from managing and controlling the coup-mongers....I understand the coup-mongers are even charging fees to pass their locations, essentially creating 'toll roads'.

I am hearing that you are full of it but please keep us up to date with your amazing revelations. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You spoke like someone who cannot rebut intelligently. Perhaps I should learn how to twist and distort from you. Will I? Never!

• Like 1

One has to question their intelligence levels!!!

It seems that marrying someone from the North East has a detrimental affect on their ability to think straight!! Must be Isaanitis - a viral disease of the brain that is incurable!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

You spoke like someone who cannot rebut intelligently. Perhaps I should learn how to twist and distort from you. Will I? Never!

Tell me, do you support this government and it's form of government - if you do, then why is his retort to your rant twisted.

The only thing that is twisted is your knickers!!!

• Like 1