Mondays – Dicey Reilly’s Burger

InspirePattaya

diceys_burger.jpg

The Irish style pub and eatery Dicey Reilly’s is famous for serving traditional Irish pub grub and a wide selection of draft and bottled beers. Mondays the burgers are bigger and better at Dicey Reilly’s; satisfying the hungriest appetites. All for the amazing price of just Baht 149 Burger and soft drink or Baht 199 Burger and a pint of Chang.

Read More...

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2014-1-17

Worst burger and fries I've ever had. The salt on the food was overwhelming. Neither my girlfriend or I could finish either. I asked for the manager and he came over. After explaining my complaint he said that he hadn't heard that before. And walked back to his office. A very unfun gustatory experience.

• Like 1

Worst burger and fries I've ever had. The salt on the food was overwhelming. Neither my girlfriend or I could finish either. I asked for the manager and he came over. After explaining my complaint he said that he hadn't heard that before. And walked back to his office. A very unfun gustatory experience.

Thanks, I will be there with the F&B manager and the director of operations for lunch Monday to try this burger out, any comments on it will be passed on for comment.

Thanks, I will be there with the F&B manager and the director of operations for lunch Monday to try this burger out, any comments on it will be passed on for comment.

I'd like them to comment on their absurdly high price for a small bottle of plain water (80B).

I'd like them to comment on their absurdly high price for a small bottle of plain water (80B).
It is what it is, a profit center and incentive to buy booze instead

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Looks more like a lettuce burger with some beef paddy condiment.

And another thing...it's completely upside down! Everybody knows that that the condiments, like lettuce and tomatoes, goes ON TOP of the burger not the other way around. The Thai food stylist used here needs to get a clue.

• Like 1

Thats about £1.50.

A acceptable price for a bottle of water in a bar in the centre of town that must cost a fortune to rent and run.

Thats about £1.50.

A acceptable price for a bottle of water in a bar in the centre of town that must cost a fortune to rent and run.

I know of no other place that charges so much for water. The Hilton only charges 50B for a large bottle (until very recently it was only 30B). A similar place round the corner and nearer the beach that charges more for food than Dicey Reilly's only charges 30B for water.

Dicey Reilly's has regular food specials that are quite reasonably priced and fair value for money. For example the Sunday carvery at 350B (until recently 300B) and the curry buffet at 300B (now cancelled) but for such a place to charge 80B for water is just plain ridiculous.

Either way, their daft water pricing policy cost them at least one fairly regular customer (me), and probably many more.

Thats about £1.50.

Doesn't cost them anything as it's a food outlet of the adjacent Marriott Hotel (unless you want to factor in Marriott's/Minor Group's 30 year land lease into the equation).

Thats about £1.50.

I know of no other place that charges so much for water. The Hilton only charges 50B for a large bottle (until very recently it was only 30B). A similar place round the corner and nearer the beach that charges more for food than Dicey Reilly's only charges 30B for water.

Dicey Reilly's has regular food specials that are quite reasonably priced and fair value for money. For example the Sunday carvery at 350B (until recently 300B) and the curry buffet at 300B (now cancelled) but for such a place to charge 80B for water is just plain ridiculous.

Either way, their daft water pricing policy cost them at least one fairly regular customer (me), and probably many more.

Easy solution to this if you fancy the place otherwise...just take your own bottle of water. Pattaya being a hot and tropical place, restos are used to people walking around with small bottles drinking water so just pop into a nearby "7" or bring a bottle from home and problem solved. I've never been charged a bottlege fee at any resto in town for having my own water.

It might be more dicey if it was a group of you and you brought in a litre sized bottle but small ones for everyone and you'll probably get away with it.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Thats about £1.50.

They are taking advantage of the fact that many people, tired of being ripped off with soft drink and beer prices to accompany a budget meal, opt for the safe cheap bottle of water alternative. No-one will cheat them on a bottle of water surely? Apparently Dicey Reilly's will! Another place to avoid.

Looks more like a lettuce burger with some beef paddy condiment.

And another thing...it's completely upside down! Everybody knows that that the condiments, like lettuce and tomatoes, goes ON TOP of the burger not the other way around. The Thai food stylist used here needs to get a clue.

Indeed. Should send them this as a guide....

post-64390-0-03428800-1390017297_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thats about £1.50.

Doesn't cost them anything as it's a food outlet of the adjacent Marriott Hotel (unless you want to factor in Marriott's/Minor Group's 30 year land lease into the equation).

WRONG. Marriot Hotel/Minor Group and Dicey Riley's are not affiliated in any way...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/pyxmc-pattaya-marriott-resort-and-spa/

http://www.minornet.com/MBiz/Food.php

Edited by cloghead

Thats about £1.50.

WRONG. Marriot Hotel/Minor Group and Dicey Riley's are not affiliated in any way...

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/pyxmc-pattaya-marriott-resort-and-spa/

http://www.minornet.com/MBiz/Food.php

Ok...I stand corrected. It's not a Marriott Hotel food outlet but a resto operated by the Minor Group through its ownership and management of the Royal Garden Mall itself. Similar to the way I believe the Benihana resto is also operated by the Royal Garden Plaza Group of Minor Corp. So in any case, having to pat some exorbitant central city rent is not the reason for the 80 baht waters at Dicey Reilly Pub.

Basically every baht you spend at the Marriott Hotel or the "Royen" ends up in Bill's pocket because 80% of the outlets at the mall are Minor Corp brands...from BK to KFC...to Coffee Club...to The Gap...to the Henkel knife kiosk...to all the Ripley's stuff! Bill's one ex-American who's done extremely well in Thailand.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Easy solution to this if you fancy the place otherwise...just take your own bottle of water. Pattaya being a hot and tropical place, restos are used to people walking around with small bottles drinking water so just pop into a nearby "7" or bring a bottle from home and problem solved. I've never been charged a bottlege fee at any resto in town for having my own water.

Yes, this is indeed an option. Last time I went there I saw several regular customers with their own water bottles from 7/11.

I dont mind taking a particular type of drink into a place that doesnt sell that brand or type but I've always been one to play by the "rules" and would rather buy my drinks from the place I'm in when possible. Of course in return for that I do expect the place to charge reasonable prices for the said drinks.

Anyone who was here as recently as 10 years ago will remember that water (served in a glass not a plastic bottle) was always free, from the cheapest places right up to the most expensive. Bizarrely you still get free water in the cheapest Thai places and also in some of the expensive places like the Montien and the Royal Cliff. It's the in-between places that have got on the bottled water band-wagon.

Sorry "Cloghead" you are 100% wrong. Dicey Reilly's is owned and operated by the Marriot/Minor group. If you go for a position say as Pub Manager at Dicey's you are interviewed by the Food and Beverage manager from the Marriot. And all staff are employed by the Marriot/Minor group.

• Like 1