Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Savannakhet .Everything went well .Got a M-O Visa  due to being married to a Thai .This is my 5 th one from Savannakhet .Travelled there and back from Chiang mai .Used the Form pdf downloads from here.Here is how it panned out .

1day  .Flew Nockair C.M. to Udon Thani.Stayed the night in Udon . Cost return B1,100  booked around 10 weeks ago .

2 day .Got big bus from Udon to Mukdahan ,early morning  .Took 5.5 hours and cost B200 .Got bus from Mukdahan to Savannakhet B50 .Had $35 prepared for Lao visa on arrival .Stayed night Savannakhet .

3 day  . Went early morning 9 am to Thai Consulate to give my papers .Paid B5000 for visa  .Not many people there maybe 30 or so , Stayed another night Savannakhet. Hotel half way between Consulate and Bus station. Called Dalavanh Guesthouse and cost B932 for 2 nights .Was a 10 minute walk off main road .Booked through Booking.com Reasonable place but noticed Electric shower had no ground wire.Had a/c and fridge and flat screen tv and good WiFi 

4 day .  Collected Visa at 2 pm and got bus back to Mukdahan .B50 .When at Mukdahan bus station around 3,40 pm  It was too late for getting a big bus back to Udon so stayed the night at Hotel near bus station Cost B350 .

5. day . Last day today got big bus from Mukdahan  at 9 am to Udon arrived 2.30 pm ,Got a Nokair flight back to Chiang mai at 6 pm ,

P.S,  Not much changes in Savannakhet from my last visit 15 months before .There is a new 7/11 style shop near the bus station which is handy .Price of a large Beer Lao in the shops was a universal Kip 10,000 ( around B40 ) .I brough Baht notes with me from Thailand and the Baht is accepted there but change is always given in Kip .B100 is roughly 25,000 kip .There are a very few ATMs ,one next to the Thai Consulate if required .Your Thai card should work .There were a few new local restaurants near the Busstation where you could eat cheap .Breakfast can be got at the Avalon Hotel in their Coffee shop for B25000 or roughly B100 .Again i came across some agressive dogs walking down side Sois but they will back down if you wave a stick at them .Its best to get a Hotel with WiFi to keep in touch as your Thai Phone package will only get a poor signal  ,or none at all .The Avalon Coffee shop also has WiFi .

Edited by anto
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @anto I was just curious because I just booked my flight moments ago hoping nothing had changed. Glad to hear its business as usual. I always stay at the Avalon as well. Perfect location! No need for taxis. just a nice brisk walk to the bus station and the consulate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi, question for 'Thatmanagain': You do not mention any need to show evidence of a bank balance of 400,000baht for the non-O multiple entry visa. Is that not required?

I’m not “thatmanagain” but no you don’t need to show evidence of 400k in the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Julian korat said:

Hi, question for 'Thatmanagain': You do not mention any need to show evidence of a bank balance of 400,000baht for the non-O multiple entry visa. Is that not required?

It is not required at Savannakhet.

2 minutes ago, Julian korat said:

No, you just need the ORIGINAL marriage certificates and copies of...

55 minutes ago, larsstig said:

Just asking for a friend: Can you get a one year NON O visa based on retirement in Savannahket the same way, that you get the marriage Visa ?

Sorry, havn't read the whole thread ????

Read the first two comments from a3tsw in the link.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, cdmtdm said:

what currency is accepted for the Laos visa on arrival in Savannakhet & cost  ? any thing else required ? 

It is $30 to $42 US or 1500 baht dependent upon your nationality. You need a completed application form with a photo attached.

Fees and form download is here. https://www.laos-guide-999.com/laos-visa-on-arrival.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, been reading a few of the too many pages on this thread.... can someone please give me a quick update for documents required for NON-O multiple entry based on Thai kids at the Savannakhet consulate...

I guess that'd work without the 400k as well, right?

4 minutes ago, sunsamourai said:

Hey guys, been reading a few of the too many pages on this thread.... can someone please give me a quick update for documents required for NON-O multiple entry based on Thai kids at the Savannakhet consulate...

The will only issue a single entry non-o visa for being the parent of Thai.

The will only issue a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage.

Penang will issue one but you need to show 400k baht in a bank.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, cdmtdm said:

can I just pay in THB ?  

On 2/13/2019 at 7:17 AM, cdmtdm said:

what currency is accepted for the Laos visa on arrival in Savannakhet & cost  ? any thing else required ? 

For me it cost $35 for Lao Visa and another $1 when actually passing trough the immigration booth. 

As I paid in Thai Baht it was 1.500 THB + 50 THB.

I think they also accept Lao Kip, because the Lao officer asked me 10.000 LAK but I paid 50 THB. The conversion is always in their side. If you have US Dollar, then use it and you will save a few bucks.

On 2/26/2019 at 2:18 PM, ubonjoe said:

The will only issue a single entry non-o visa for being the parent of Thai.

The will only issue a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage.

Penang will issue one but you need to show 400k baht in a bank.

Thanks Ubon,

Could you please clarify the list of required docs?

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

He wanted the original birth certificates and I had only copies, so he gave me a tourist visa for this time.

He did ask to see a bank statement next time, so I am a bit worried (he didn't specify a number, but...)

3 minutes ago, sunsamourai said:

Update:

He wanted the original birth certificates and I had only copies, so he gave me a tourist visa for this time.

He did ask to see a bank statement next time, so I am a bit worried (he didn't specify a number, but...)

They always want the original birth certificate. That is why I wrote birth certificate plus a copy in my post.

Perhaps he meant financial proof for a tourist visa next time.