Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

9 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

I know each corner of Savanakhet and I can confirm to people who do not care, that there is nothing to see or do. Just stay in your room on your computer is a lot more enjoyable than this shiiitehollee.

In your opinion of course (but thats flawed as you obviously don't know every corner,  as you quite wrongly quote me about the wrong hotel) .   Where as I know Savanakhet well and there is plenty to do.  So you stay on your computer and leave the real Savanakhet  to the real people. 

Edited by jeab1980
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

I know each corner of Savanakhet and I can confirm to people who do not care, that there is nothing to see or do. Just stay in your room on your computer is a lot more enjoyable than this shiiitehollee.

I walked for many miles around as i was staying a bit far out .It can be interesting in a grim sort of way .If walking there are many aggressive dogs so carry a stick .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have for 14 years just done extension, new job much lower pay, plus payments for daughters school means I will in March be 100k short,  and immigration say I can't show cash in bank and salary together. one or the other! Being a virgin as to boarder runs. and reading the info here That a 2 day trip to savanakhet would mean a hassle free way of renewing and excuse for a short break. Take wife and normal renewal docs would seem like an answer to woes. What I would ask is if someone can give me a complete fools guide to when to go what to take to make the run fool proof. My renewal day is 8th May.  

• Like 1

There is nothing there for the "holiday" thingy. :sad:

The visa is easy as long as you have your original marriage certificates, that is all they seem to be interested in to issue a multi-O..Copy of those, and the usual copies of the other stuff..

Check for Buddha holiday dates as the place will be closed..

Edited by transam

12 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

how early before the 8th May should I go? would it be wise to buy a reentry stamp, can that be done at the border?

As long as you leave on or the 8th of May you can apply for the multiple entry non-o visa. No requirement to do it before that date. They will be closed on the 1st of May for labor day.

No need for a re-entry permit since the visa will allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

9 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

how early before the 8th May should I go? would it be wise to buy a reentry stamp, can that be done at the border?

23 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

I have for 14 years just done extension, new job much lower pay, plus payments for daughters school means I will in March be 100k short,  and immigration say I can't show cash in bank and salary together. one or the other! Being a virgin as to boarder runs. and reading the info here That a 2 day trip to savanakhet would mean a hassle free way of renewing and excuse for a short break. Take wife and normal renewal docs would seem like an answer to woes. What I would ask is if someone can give me a complete fools guide to when to go what to take to make the run fool proof. My renewal day is 8th May.  

If you have the time just read this thread right through from beginning to end and you will get all the info and possible options you need.

Sounds like a plan, Take the' ball and chain' and the 'ankle biter' and watch the sun rise over the Mekong, told its the place the sun rises in Thailand first. and make it a 3 day trip. Thanks for the info, will monitor this site just incase any new info comes to light, and to check in before the trip for any new info.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

As long as you leave on or the 8th of May you can apply for the multiple entry non-o visa. No requirement to do it before that date. They will be closed on the 1st of May for labor day.

No need for a re-entry permit since the visa will allow unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her.

Uj, what if your wife had 2 houses and ID card is matched to original town but she has house book in another area of Thailand where she is living with her farang partner ? Will ID card address and 2nd house book address be an issue with Savana ?

Which house book needed in that case ? (Quality problem, other half owning 2 houses).

Edited by freedomnow

2 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Uj, what if your wife had 2 houses and ID card is matched to original town but she has house book in another area of Thailand where she is living with her farang partner ?

Her name would only be shown in the house book that her ID card is issued for. That should be the one shown when applying for the visa.

The house book shown does not have to be for where you are living.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Her name would only be shown in the house book that her ID card is issued for. That should be the one shown when applying for the visa.

The house book shown does not have to be for where you are living.

Sorry for being thick today - so we can use either/any house book as her ID card is linked to both ?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say guys, another successful visa (Non O based on Marriage) was done in Savannakhet this week, but there was a new request, they ask me for a copy of my Laos stamp page. If I remember well 2 and a half years ago they didn't asked me anything like this. In front of the consulate there is a copy machine, you can get a copy pretty quick there!

Edited by b4n9
explaining
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, b4n9 said:

Just to say guys, another successful visa (Non O based on Marriage) was done in Savannakhet this week, but there was a new request, they ask me for a copy of my Laos stamp page. If I remember well 2 and a half years ago they didn't asked me anything like this. In front of the consulate there is a copy machine, you can get a copy pretty quick there!

That's strange, I was there recently and was not asked for that copy...

• 1 month later...