Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

Just looking over the downloaded Visa Application Form .....

#5 " Name and address and Telephone no of a Guarantor in Thailand "

Can anyone confirm if this Is really required please ? Also, if doing the day return trip I assume #2 "Present/Permanent address in Lao PDR " should be left blank ?

Thanks

#5 Self (you are your guarantor)

#2 leave blank

• Like 1

I'm heading to Savannakhet soon, by AirAsia to Nakhon Phanom with the transfer service getting in to Mukdahan at 6.30pm. I'd like to cross over into Savannakhet that evening in order to drop off my visa application early the next day. Is there any problem crossing and getting a visa stamp into Lao in the evening? Does the border crossing have a closing time? Thanks

I'm heading to Savannakhet soon, by AirAsia to Nakhon Phanom with the transfer service getting in to Mukdahan at 6.30pm. I'd like to cross over into Savannakhet that evening in order to drop off my visa application early the next day. Is there any problem crossing and getting a visa stamp into Lao in the evening? Does the border crossing have a closing time? Thanks

If I am not mistaken, the border crossing is open 06:00 to 22:00 daily.

The bridge is open until 10 pm but the Lao visa on arrival office closes at 6. Sometimes it is later if they are busy.

It would be best to plan on staying in Mukdahan and taking the first bus at 7:30 to Savannakhet. The bus leaves from the bus station in Mukdahan.

If I am not mistaken, the border crossing is open 06:00 to 22:00 daily.

I just cross the border and got my visa today..the border opens at 7.30am..and the first bus that leave to Savannakhet currently is 7.00am

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 5.3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by DK2223

Hallo... i need a little, or maybe, big suggestion.

My thai wife and me came in thai to stay 5/6 months. I have a double entrance tourist visa and next week I have to go out from thai for my first entrance.

But now we decided to stay here longer and I'm looking for getting non 'o' visa multiple entrance for marriage for 1 year .

So I decided to go to savannakhet (i'm not far) not only to go out, but also to ask for non 'o' visa multiple entrance, because I want to plane my next months.

And also I don't have with me the marriage certificate (KR-3). I have just done the KR-2. Do you think the KR-2 is enough? I can't understand why KR-3 must be so important... Many in the forum wrote that they ask for it... so I don't know what to do...anyway....

So does someone know if I can change my double entrance tourist visa and get non 'o' visa multiple entrance for marriage for 1 year?

And can I get non 'o' visa without KR-3 ?

Thanks.....Ale

Edited by aledale

My thai wife and me came in thai to stay 5/6 months. I have a double entrance tourist visa and next week I have to go out from thai for my first entrance.

But now we decided to stay here longer and I'm looking for getting non 'o' visa multiple entrance for marriage for 1 year .

So I decided to go to savannakhet (i'm not far) not only to go out, but also to ask for non 'o' visa multiple entrance, because I want to plane my next months.

And also I don't have with me the marriage certificate (KR-3). I have just done the KR-2. Do you think the KR-2 is enough? I can't understand why KR-3 must be so important... Many in the forum wrote that they ask for it... so I don't know what to do...anyway....

So does someone know if I can change my double entrance tourist visa and get non 'o' visa multiple entrance for marriage for 1 year?

Thanks.....Ale

You will need your marriage certificate. Nothing will serve as a substitute for it.

A copy would be ok if it was a certified as a copy by an Amphoe along with a up to date Kor Ror 2.

Thanks.....Ale

You will need your marriage certificate. Nothing will serve as a substitute for it.

A copy would be ok if it was a certified as a copy by an Amphoe along with a up to date Kor Ror 2.

So i can't do anything without KR-3.

Sorry for my poor english. but, I don't understand what you mean ' A copy would be ok if it was a certified as a copy by an Amphoe along with a up to date Kor Ror 2.'

KR-2, my wife just took it this mornig ....

Sorry for my poor english. but, I don't understand what you mean ' A copy would be ok if it was a certified as a copy by an Amphoe along with a up to date Kor Ror 2.'[

You can do nothing without the Kor Ror 3.

If you can get a copy of your marriage certificate a Amphoe will certify the copy if you have a Kor Ror 2 to support the certification. The embassy will accept a certified copy instead of having the original.

Sorry for my poor english. but, I don't understand what you mean ' A copy would be ok if it was a certified as a copy by an Amphoe along with a up to date Kor Ror 2.'[

If you can get a copy of your marriage certificate a Amphoe will certify the copy if you have a Kor Ror 2 to support the certification. The embassy will accept a certified copy instead of having the original.

sorry again, where can I get the copy KR-3 ?

In my amphoe or in the amphoe, where i married (little bit hard, because it is in bkk, but i can ask someone to get it), or is it enough to make me send by mail from my family?

what do you suggest?

sorry again, where can I get the copy KR-3 ?

In my amphoe or in the amphoe, where i married (little bit hard, because it is in bkk, but i can ask someone to get it), or is it enough to make me send by mail from my family?

what do you suggest?

It probably be best to have it sent to you. Perhaps a scan of both sides of it sent by email to you. Then take it to a Amphoe to be stamped.

thank you very much....

in any case, for at that moment i can only extend my visa for other 2+1 month, and maybe I can go to consulate to ask them what to do....Or do you think is better not to lose time ? (because i have a nearer border)... anyway...thank you again

thank you very much....

in any case, for at that moment i can only extend my visa for other 2+1 month, and maybe I can go to consulate to ask them what to do....Or do you think is better not to lose time ? (because i have a nearer border)... anyway...thank you again

It would be a wasted trip to the consulate unless you at least have a copy of your marriage certificate. Even if was not stamped they probably would accept the it with a Kor Ror 2.

Even a copy would probably get you a 60 day extension to visit your wife at an immigration office.

• Like 1

Heading to the Savannakhet border soon. Have a new Aussie passport. Does anyone know if I can have the stamps transferred from my old passport to my new passport at the border? I am leaving thailand on the last entry of my non imm o and going to apply for a fresh non o at the thai consulate. thanks all.

Heading to the Savannakhet border soon. Have a new Aussie passport. Does anyone know if I can have the stamps transferred from my old passport to my new passport at the border? I am leaving thailand on the last entry of my non imm o and going to apply for a fresh non o at the thai consulate. thanks all.

They will transfer you current entry stamp in your old passport to your new passport and stamp you out of the country in it at the border.

• Like 1

thank you very much....

It would be a wasted trip to the consulate unless you at least have a copy of your marriage certificate. Even if was not stamped they probably would accept the it with a Kor Ror 2.

Even a copy would probably get you a 60 day extension to visit your wife at an immigration office.

Ciao, at the end tuesday i went to savannakhet consulate and i got my visa non immigrant 'O' multiple enter 1 year without KR-3 (I brought with me the copy of the first KR-2, that they gave me at the marriage day, and new one of 5 days old, and my wife come with me).

My wife forces me to go, because people in a thai forum suggest her to go. So monday we decided to call savannakhet consulate and they confirm her to go without KR-3.

I had doubt to lose time, because the worker on the phone looked not really sure about KR-3, but in any case my visa expired tuesday, so i had to go out from thay, and savannakhet is 3 hour by car from i live. (other border only 1 hour far). So I thought better to lose 4 hours more for the trip (to go and back) than not to try.....(and to fight with my wife.... ah ah ah....).

So now i have my visa till 17 november....

Finally i don't know if i was lucky or it was normal, but in any case, outside the new consulate, I spoke with a man and he told me that usually the rules / unwritten rules change every year, so i don't know what to suggest for everyone, as me, don't have KR-3.

• 2 weeks later...

Great report, very informative. Thanks for posting

To the OP. Don't you pick up your visa on the same day? You said next day.

Back when this topic was started it was next day pickup.

The same day service just started a few months ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since most Thai and other Embassy say 2 WORKING DAYS mostly, its fine with a day anyways...

One should btw ALWAYS check for public holidays BEFORE going to apply for a Visa... Thai AND the guests country holidays ...

Very informative thread here THANKS again to the OP and UbonJoe

Great report, very informative. Thanks for posting

To the OP. Don't you pick up your visa on the same day? You said next day.

Back when this topic was started it was next day pickup.

The same day service just started a few months ago.

• 4 weeks later...

so do I understand that right ? If you want a multiple-O based on marriage, you don't need to show ANY proof of income or funds, whereas if you want to apply for a non-O based on age (50+), you need to show income or funds even for a SINGLE entry ? that would be...... weird, isn't it ? I actually want to apply for a multiple non-O based on age (50+), as I don't have a need to transfer it into a 1-year-non-O with no exits necessary. I never use the full 90 days anyway. But this seems to be not possible in Savannakhet (or elsewhere) ?

If you were to go to Vientiane you could possibly get a single entry non-o with no funds.

You will not get a multiple entry in the region for being 50 or over.

Hi Joe. I'm reading your post as if one "normally has to show adequate funds" to obtain a multiple entry N-O visa. But that it's possible to get a single in Vientiane. Is that correct? I have never shown any funds to get my multiple N-O's but they where all applied from sweden. Is there a difference when one applies from this region?

so do I understand that right ? If you want a multiple-O based on marriage, you don't need to show ANY proof of income or funds, whereas if you want to apply for a non-O based on age (50+), you need to show income or funds even for a SINGLE entry ? that would be...... weird, isn't it ? I actually want to apply for a multiple non-O based on age (50+), as I don't have a need to transfer it into a 1-year-non-O with no exits necessary. I never use the full 90 days anyway. But this seems to be not possible in Savannakhet (or elsewhere) ?

If you were to go to Vientiane you could possibly get a single entry non-o with no funds.

You will not get a multiple entry in the region for being 50 or over.

Hi Joe. I'm reading your post as if one "normally has to show adequate funds" to obtain a multiple entry N-O visa. But that it's possible to get a single in Vientiane. Is that correct? I have never shown any funds to get my multiple N-O's but they where all applied from sweden. Is there a difference when one applies from this region?

If you read the post and my reply to it you will see that was for non-o based upon being 50 or over for retirement not marriage.

You will get a multiple entry non-o one based upon marriage with no financial proof.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do i require a thai marriage certificate or will the australian one be sufficient? If so do I need to have it translated to thai, also does my wife have to come with me?

The consulate should accept the Australian marriage certificate.

Your wife does not have to come with you, but she should sign all her documents and a note from her asking for a visa for you is always nice.

you should make it fast before is come back 1 day visa sad.png

Visa Collection Hours: 14.00-16.00 hours on the next working day (from 1st February 2015 )

At present you submit AM and collect PM same day.

Are you now saying that from 1st Feb it will go back to previous deal, submit AM and then collect the following day PM ?

Does anyone have the telephone number for there office so I get my wife to call on Monday and find out what going on, as I was just about to head there 1st week of Feb.

If its been confirmed then I will go next week.