Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

http://prntscr.com/7ej9me

this is screenshot of 2 thai consulates in savannakhet.

Which one do i need to go for non O based upon marriage ? thx

The one you need to go to is the one which says "Royal Thai Consulate" which is a bit further up from the Bus station.

Look at the map here

http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate/contact/

And please note there is only 1 Thai Consulate in Savvanakhet, maybe maps are still referring to the old location ?

Edited by MJCM

Will not be doable as O-Multy based on marriage has to be used no later than the enter by date. It will only be feasible to get a 60 day extension for visiting wife until your last 90 day entry.

That is not correct. Any of the 90 day entries can be extended by 60 days. There is no requirement to wait for the visa to expire.

You can do 90+60 then a new entry and repeat it. Then another one that would give you 15 months total. Or you could skip the last 60 day extesnion and do an entry just before the visa expires and then extend it and get 18 months total.

Hi Ubonjoe

Just read this post and a little confused on how you get 18 months in total, lets say I get a 1 year mulit o visa starting from June 1st

1st June (90 days)

1st Sept (extend 60 days)

1st Nov ( visa run and another 90 days)

1st Feb ( extend 60 days)

1st May (visa run and another 90 days)

1st Aug (extend 60 days)

Visa expires 1st Oct now as it more than 1 year so in total 450 days (15 months)

Or do I do the following

1st June (90 days)

31st May (visa run and another 90 days as yearly visa is about to expire)

31st Aug (extend 60 days)

Visa expires 31st Oct now as it more than 1 year so in total 480 days (16 months)

Will not be doable as O-Multy based on marriage has to be used no later than the enter by date. It will only be feasible to get a 60 day extension for visiting wife until your last 90 day entry.

That is not correct. Any of the 90 day entries can be extended by 60 days. There is no requirement to wait for the visa to expire.

You can do 90+60 then a new entry and repeat it. Then another one that would give you 15 months total. Or you could skip the last 60 day extesnion and do an entry just before the visa expires and then extend it and get 18 months total.

Hi Ubonjoe

Just read this post and a little confused on how you get 18 months in total, lets say I get a 1 year mulit o visa starting from June 1st

1st June (90 days)

1st Aug (extend 60 days)

Visa expires 1st Oct now as it more than 1 year so in total 450 days (15 months)

Or do I do the following

1st June (90 days)

Visa expires 31st Oct now as it more than 1 year so in total 480 days (16 months)

On the last day before visa expires you extend for 90 days and then you can extend that for another 60 at immigration too.

http://prntscr.com/7ej9me

this is screenshot of 2 thai consulates in savannakhet.

Which one do i need to go for non O based upon marriage ? thx

The one you need to go to is the one which says "Royal Thai Consulate" which is a bit further up from the Bus station.

Look at the map here

http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate/contact/

And please note there is only 1 Thai Consulate in Savvanakhet, maybe maps are still referring to the old location ?

The old one was only a rented place and since the new one opened is now empty.

Just returned after getting a multiple O at Savannakhet based on marriage to a Thai .Can confirm that its still the situation that no financial requirements are asked for .It still takes a second day for pick up .

Stayed at the Avalon hotel very near the bus station and only a 15 minute walk to the Thai Consul.B770 a night with a/c ,breakfast extra .Booked on www.booking.com .

Came over by Mukdahan .Returned by Vientiane ,and Nonkhai .Took sleeper bus overnight from Savannakhet to Vientiane.Need to book bus first day (day before ).They are real beds but only about 4 feet wide .You need to buy two tickets or else you will have somebody staying next to you in the same crib.B500 a ticket ,so two are B1000 but you save on a nights hotel bill .You leave Savannakhet at 9 pm and get into the suburbs of Vientiane at 5.30 am .You will need to get a Tuk Tuk into town at B100 aprox.

• 3 weeks later...

UbonJoe, thanks for all the valuable help and info that you provide for so many members of this forum.

My wife (non-Thai) has been on an ED visa which has now expired. She needs to leave the country to

get a non-O visa so she can be included on my 1-year extension of stay based on retirement which is

good to June 2016.

My question is: can she get the non-O visa at Savannakhet? Her tourist visa is good to 31 July.

Thanks, Brad

UbonJoe, thanks for all the valuable help and info that you provide for so many members of this forum.

My wife (non-Thai) has been on an ED visa which has now expired. She needs to leave the country to

get a non-O visa so she can be included on my 1-year extension of stay based on retirement which is

good to June 2016.

My question is: can she get the non-O visa at Savannakhet? Her tourist visa is good to 31 July.

Thanks, Brad

She could get her single entry non-o visa in Vientiane, Savannakhet or Penang without a problem.

She will need a copy of your passport photo page and extension stamp. Plus your marriage certificate. If the marriage certificate is not in English it will need to be translated to Thai..

good to June 2016.

Thanks, Brad

She could get her single entry non-o visa in Vientiane, Savannakhet or Penang without a problem.

She will need a copy of your passport photo page and extension stamp. Plus your marriage certificate. If the marriage certificate is not in English it will need to be translated to Thai..

UbonJoe, thanks a lot for your expert, succinct and timely reply. You are a national treasure... and if you're not you should be... ohmy.png

I have to make a new Non Immigrant O - having Thai children, next week, living with them and their mother

and providing for them. (Not married)

Would I get maybe, a different, one-year multiple entry Non Immigrant O Visa in Svannaketh? Worth a try?

If not, I drive to Vientiane which is the shorter trip for me. wink.png

I have to make a new Non Immigrant O - having Thai children, next week, living with them and their mother and providing for them. (Not married)

Would I get maybe, a different, one-year multiple entry Non Immigrant O Visa in Svannaketh? Worth a try?

You need to have legalized your child to for a multi entry visa in Savannakhet.

If not, it would be provably better that you get a double entry tourist visa, because with it you can stay 7 o 8 months with one border hop, but with the non-imm. single entry 5 months would be the maximum.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

question to ubon in november i need go mai sai for 30 days and in december i can ask for 60 days extension for thai child or i can only ask with a non o in my passport ?

question to ubon in november i need go mai sai for 30 days and in december i can ask for 60 days extension for thai child or i can only ask with a non o in my passport ?

You can get the 60 day extension for any type of entry. You don't need a non-o to get it.

You can get the 60 day extension for any type of entry. You don't need a non-o to get it.

Have to write again, that the Immigration Udon Thani tries not to give an extension on Visa free entries,

2 week or 30 days.

I was once denied such a extension in the days when back to back border runs where still without a big problem possible.

Also my 2 last extensions, where only possible and allowed, with some -soup-tea-money- at that Immigration to the higher rank.

Lower ranks would even have sent me away again. blink.png

so do I understand that right ? If you want a multiple-O based on marriage, you don't need to show ANY proof of income or funds, whereas if you want to apply for a non-O based on age (50+), you need to show income or funds even for a SINGLE entry ? that would be...... weird, isn't it ? I actually want to apply for a multiple non-O based on age (50+), as I don't have a need to transfer it into a 1-year-non-O with no exits necessary. I never use the full 90 days anyway. But this seems to be not possible in Savannakhet (or elsewhere) ?

If you were to go to Vientiane you could possibly get a single entry non-o with no funds.

You will not get a multiple entry in the region for being 50 or over.

I have a multiple entry visa for being over 50 - issued in Penang. The only requirement was a bank book with at least 800,000 baht.

• 1 month later...

I have to make a new Non Immigrant O - having Thai children, next week, living with them and their mother and providing for them. (Not married)

You need to have legalized your child to for a multi entry visa in Savannakhet.

If not, it would be provably better that you get a double entry tourist visa, because with it you can stay 7 o 8 months with one border hop, but with the non-imm. single entry 5 months would be the maximum.

Hello,

I am a father of thai child and already leaglized in amphur.

For next october, I would like to apply a visa non immigrant O Multiple Entry upon based of parent of thai.

What documents have to show at the Savannakhet Embassy ?

have to show proof money income ?

thanks in adance

Hello,

I am a father of thai child and already leaglized in amphur.

For next october, I would like to apply a visa non immigrant O Multiple Entry upon based of parent of thai.

What documents have to show at the Savannakhet Embassy ?

have to show proof money income ?

thanks in adance

The only successful applications to get the visa in Savannakhet that have seen a report of was when the entire family was present when the application was done to demonstrate they were together as a family (de facto marriage).

You would need your child's birth certificate and the legitimization document plus copies. Copiy of you child house book registry. In addition it would be good to have signed copies the mother's house book registry and ID card.

No financial proof would be needed.

If you can show financial proof you can get one in Penang without a problem.

Thank you very much ubonjoe.

So do you think that if I will go to the savanakhet embassy without my child and my girlfriend, I have no chance

to get the visa non immigrant O multiple entry (5000 THB) ?

Or I have to try ..?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Thank you very much ubonjoe.

So do you think that if I will go to the savanakhet embassy without my child and my girlfriend, I have no chance

to get the visa non immigrant O multiple entry (5000 THB) ?

Or I have to try ..?

Thanks in advance for your advice

The chances of getting one without the family being with you is small.

You could try and if they would not accept your application you could at least get a single entry visa. That would give you a total stay of about 5 months by getting a 60 day extension to visit your child.

Thanks again Ubonjoe.

I think I will try to ask for a multiple entry and if they no accept, I will apply for a single, so total stay about 5 months (90+60 days) without get out in Thailand.

Question about multiple entry non immigrant O family, for example, I get my visa non immigrant O multiple entry on 1th november 2015, I can stay Thailand until november 2016 but I have to get out of Thailand every 3 month(I don t want apply any extansion at immigration) ? I can IN/OUT many time as I want and the visa expires one later, november 2016 ?

thanks in advance

and sorry for my english lol

Hi Ubonjoe

1st June (90 days)

1st Aug (extend 60 days)

Or do I do the following

1st June (90 days)

Is it possible ?

1st June (90 days)

1st Sept(visa run and another 90 days)

1st December(visa run and another 90 days)

1st March(visa run and another 90 days)

31st May(visa run and another 90 days)

31 August :go to embassy to apply an other visa non immigrant O multiple entry

This method no have to apply any extansion at immigration...

Possible ? Thanks again...

Is it possible ?

1st June (90 days)

1st Sept(visa run and another 90 days)

1st December(visa run and another 90 days)

1st March(visa run and another 90 days)

31st May(visa run and another 90 days)

31 August :go to embassy to apply an other visa non immigrant O multiple entry

This method no have to apply any extansion at immigration...

Possible ? Thanks again...

You can even do better than that. You can extend each entry for 60 days, reason vising spouse or children, no financial proof is necessary, cost Bt 1,900. This way you do border runs every 5 months, total time before a new visa about 17 months. 1,900 Baht is less that cost of travelling to border and getting visa for the border country (Only Malaysia do not need a visa).

Yes thank you paz you are right but I hate my local immigration lol so I don t want to go there !!!

Vietnam do not need a visa for french citizen l (until 1 july 2016)ike me and ticket flights with Air asia is attractive good price.

One question about valid a entry (of multiple entry) at border check point, can I IN/OUT in the same day or I have to sleep one night ine the neighboor country (cambodia, laos,...)

Because a few month I went to valid the second entry of my tourist visa in Cambodia, and the officer immigration in Cambodia told me that I have to stay one night in Cambodia or pay me 200 Bahts for tip, probably. So I gave him only 100 bahts 555

Thanks all for you advices smile.png

Edited by sarayoot

Their is no requirement on the Thai side of a border to stay overnight. The Cambodia side requires a stay of 24 hours or more hours when you enter with a visa on arrival. That is where the 200 baht fine comes from.

An eception on the Thai side is at the Sadao crossing where they will tell you that you need to stay overnight.