Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

The question was asked and answered. He cannot obtain a visa based on marriage as he is not married to a Thai.

There may be other solutions to his hypothetical question.

Thank you for your "contribution". Now if you don't mind, let Ubonjoe answer what I asked him.

What would my position be applying for a non-O based on marriage but my wife is a filipino resident and working in Thailand these last nine years. We have a Thai wedding certificate, translated and signed by the MFA, as we were married here but we don't have a tabien baan. This is a hypothetical question as I am legitimate on a Non-B but just wondering what to do if, for instance, I got fired. Tis looks promising if we we can overcome the tabiene baan problem.

You do not qualify to get a non-o visa. You must be married to a Thai.

Why he does not qualify? His spouse is employed in Thailand so hew could get a non-imm 'O' visa first, and a clause 2.20 extension later.

He asked about a non-o visa based upon marriage on a topic about getting a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

If his wife is on an extension of stay he could get a single entry non-o based upon being her dependent and then apply for an extension of stay as her dependent.

• Like 1

He asked about a non-o visa based upon marriage on a topic about getting a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

If his wife is on an extension of stay he could get a single entry non-o based upon being her dependent and then apply for an extension of stay as her dependent.

That is what I was thinking. I was confused by your answer that only said "non-o visa" without specifying which one. Thanks.

So I got the non-o single entry from Vientiene last year which I then extended at Pattaya for one year based on having a Thai wife no problem. But I am due to extend again in a little over a month but I for one reason or another forgot to season 400,000 and now must consider options available. Option 1 go and do the non-o multi being discussed here. Option 2 Can I get a 2 month extension to allow me to season the required cash for the 2months then extend as per normal. I think it has been mentioned that any visa may be extended at immigration or am I misunderstanding.

So I got the non-o single entry from Vientiene last year which I then extended at Pattaya for one year based on having a Thai wife no problem. But I am due to extend again in a little over a month but I for one reason or another forgot to season 400,000 and now must consider options available. Option 1 go and do the non-o multi being discussed here. Option 2 Can I get a 2 month extension to allow me to season the required cash for the 2months then extend as per normal. I think it has been mentioned that any visa may be extended at immigration or am I misunderstanding.

You can get a 60 day extension to visit you wife that would give you the time needed to apply for the one year extension. Your wife will need to go with you when you apply for it. Marriage certificate plus a copy and copies of her house book and ID card.

Thank you for the informative reply ubon Joe should I make this application near the end of my current extension? In other words will I loose remaining time if I apply sooner rather than close to the current expiry date. The funds must only be seasoned 2 months right? Some placer I have come across it stating 3 months but unsure if this is correct.

Thank you for the informative reply ubon Joe should I make this application near the end of my current extension? In other words will I loose remaining time if I apply sooner rather than close to the current expiry date. The funds must only be seasoned 2 months right? Some placer I have come across it stating 3 months but unsure if this is correct.

You can apply early and loose no days. Extensions start at the end of your current permit to stay.

Pattaya is 2 months. There are only a couple of offices that want 3 months although the rules state 2 months.

I'm going to Savannaket on 12th October. I am taking my wife and daughter so will be driving. As I understand there is secure parking at the bridge. Are there also taxis that can take you across the bridge all the way to the Consulate, with the two immigration stops, or does one have to change half way? Also are there any hotels near to consulate in Savannaket with a nice pool? Thanks.

I attempted to make extension today and was told I have to wait until two weeks before current extension ends.

Also point to note I was basically forced to fill out a form t6 I think and hand in upstairs with copies of my passport visa wife house book and I'd card don't know why I had to do this as this is the responsibility of the property the alien resides.

Also point to note I was basically forced to fill out a form t6 I think and hand in upstairs with copies of my passport visa wife house book and I'd card don't know why I had to do this as this is the responsibility of the property the alien resides.

From the way you describe it, it must have been the form TM.30. Who has to submit this notification of the arrival of a foreigner depends on the circumstances. Who owns the residence? Are you renting the place? Is the lease contract in your name or your wife's name?

You are correct. It was TM.30 It appears anybody asking for a temporary extension of stay must go through this. There is a note on the front desk stating you need to have 2 copies of all the usual stuff and to also a completed Tm.30 I guess they can't get Thai people to notify when an alien is in residence so put this onto the foreigners who basically have no choice but to tow the line. Funny considering foreigners must already report there address every 90 days.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have obtained a single non O based on mariage and child, got a one year extension at immigration , made already 2 X 90 days reporting.

I just obtained a job abroad and will come to Thailand every two months...cannot make 90 days reporting anymore....

Would like a multiple entry O at Savanakhet and cancel my one year extension of stay.

Is that possible without worry as I am divorcing in the next 6 months [ I don't need to mention it]

I have obtained a single non O based on mariage and child, got a one year extension at immigration , made already 2 X 90 days reporting.

I just obtained a job abroad and will come to Thailand every two months...cannot make 90 days reporting anymore....

Would like a multiple entry O at Savanakhet and cancel my one year extension of stay.

Is that possible without worry as I am divorcing in the next 6 months [ I don't need to mention it]

You can, as you need your Original Marriage Certificate which in 6 months time you will not have anymore as you got a divorce.

You just need to get a re-entry permit if you are going to be traveling in and out. The 90 day reports are not needed if you don't stay in the country for 90 days.

Wait until you are closer to getting divorced before you apply for the multiple entry non-o visa.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick question. Do I need to show funds in my bank account. To apply for type o visa based on marriage. I applied last year with no problem with no funds. I read in another forum that you need 100,000 baht now. Is this true ? also this year do i have to pick up the visa on the next day. Thanks all.....

Just a quick question. Do I need to show funds in my bank account. To apply for type o visa based on marriage. I applied last year with no problem with no funds. I read in another forum that you need 100,000 baht now. Is this true ? also this year do i have to pick up the visa on the next day. Thanks all.....

Savannakhet does not ask for financial proof. It is pickup the next afternoon after applying again.

The 100k baht number sounds like what Penang wants to get one.

Aonangmrhuw,

I applied in Savannakhet last week and no financial proof is required. I was 2nd in the queue the day I applied and was in and out in under 5 minutes and picked up the next afternoon. I would suggest checking any upcoming holidays which would mean staying an extra say or 2 in Savannakhet.

• 2 weeks later...

Aonangmrhuw,

I applied in Savannakhet last week and no financial proof is required. I was 2nd in the queue the day I applied and was in and out in under 5 minutes and picked up the next afternoon. I would suggest checking any upcoming holidays which would mean staying an extra say or 2 in Savannakhet.

Can you share what documents were needed? Costs for a 1 year non-o and multiple entry?

Thanks a lot!

Aonangmrhuw,

Can you share what documents were needed? Costs for a 1 year non-o and multiple entry?

Thanks a lot!

Marriage certificate plus a copy, signed and dated copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card, The fee for the visa is 5000 baht.

Aonangmrhuw,

Thanks a lot!

Marriage certificate plus a copy, signed and dated copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card, The fee for the visa is 5000 baht.

thumbsup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Im pakistani national and im married to thai girl and i got non immigrant type O multiple entry which will expire on april i read a lot of peoples saying about laos savannakhet so i wonder is it possible for me to renew my non immigrant type O multiple entry visa ? Im i but nervous bcz im pakistani and i was thinking savannakhet might only allow to renew for us cizitens or canada etc pls advice

Im pakistani national and im married to thai girl and i got non immigrant type O multiple entry which will expire on april i read a lot of peoples saying about laos savannakhet so i wonder is it possible for me to renew my non immigrant type O multiple entry visa ? Im i but nervous bcz im pakistani and i was thinking savannakhet might only allow to renew for us cizitens or canada etc pls advice

Reply is here in another topic you made the same post in. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881699-savanakhet-visa-for-non-o-latest-requirements-are-their-any-new-ones/#entry10258171

Please do not post the same question in several topics.

Hi guys. I have today collected my passport from Savannakhet thai consulate, with a multi entry non o visa based on marriage. This is the first time.

At the moment, I am in Ubon city, and must return to Australia in a couple of days. The reason I got this visa was that immigration told me that they would not give me any more visa exemption. I have done that 8 years now and 35 entries.

So, someone said to me today, that I need to get a reentry permit before I leave los. I had not heard of this before, and a forum search was fruitless. Is this correct, or is that only after one year and the visa extended?

I work 4 wks on and 1 wk off, could I run into problems with this visa?

Sorry for being naive guys, but I didn't expext to get non o visa until I stop work another 18 months....unless Aus govt change superannuation rules. Thanks

Can someone pls tell me if Baht is accepted for the visa application and if so how much? Is Baht fine to use around town or better to change to khip?

The fee for the visa is 5000 baht and they will only accept baht.

You can use baht for about everything there but you will get Kip as change.

• Like 1