Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

Their is no requirement on the Thai side of a border to stay overnight. The Cambodia side requires a stay of 24 hours or more hours when you enter with a visa on arrival. That is where the 200 baht fine comes from.

My understanding is that if there is such a regulation (and I don't think there is), nobody has seen it in writing. From that the fact that they try 300, talk 200, and take 100. These are taken without a receipt.

Their is no requirement on the Thai side of a border to stay overnight. The Cambodia side requires a stay of 24 hours or more hours when you enter with a visa on arrival. That is where the 200 baht fine comes from.

My understanding is that if there is such a regulation (and I don't think there is), nobody has seen it in writing. From that the fact that they try 300, talk 200, and take 100. These are taken without a receipt.

Here is something in writing from the IATA database. http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/

Warning:

- Visitors are not permitted to make day trips (i.e., arriving

and departing on the same day) to Cambodia.

- Except when arriving and departing in Phnom Penh (PNH).

- Except for holders of a multiple-entry business visa issued

by Cambodia.

• Like 1

Here is something in writing from the IATA database. http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/

Warning:

- Visitors are not permitted to make day trips (i.e., arriving

and departing on the same day) to Cambodia.

- Except when arriving and departing in Phnom Penh (PNH).

- Except for holders of a multiple-entry business visa issued

by Cambodia.

Thank you for the link, that I had never seen before. If that is an official regulation that demonstrates corruption rather than extortion by Cambodian officers. As far as I know, both are crimes - not to say I'm any surprised the see either one.

Edited by paz

• 3 weeks later...

Another successfully report of a Multiple Non-O-Visa at the Royal Thai Consulate General in Savannakhet, I went last week (26AUG2015) and all fine. Savannakhet was the easiest place to get a visa so far, the process is straightforward, no complications at all. thumbsup.gifwai.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Last time i went, I was in possession of a new KR2 paper from the ampur, which I was requested to get by my local immigration office. I understand these are only valid for one year.

Is it advisable to collect a new KR2 before heading off ?

Edited by recom273

Last time i went, I was in possession of a new KR2 paper from the ampur, which I was requested to get by my local immigration office. I understand these are only valid for one year.

Is it advisable to collect a new KR2 before heading off ?

If you have the original marriage certificate, then there is no need to have the KR2, but if it is easy to get one, I would recommend getting one and take it with you because you never know if they could ask for one ;)

Better come prepared

• Like 1

As of 3 months ago ,they just glanced at the original Marriage cert and handed it straight back .They kept a copy of the Marriage cert .They did not require anything else to do with the marriage.I would not even know what a KR2 is .(but guess its to prove that the marriage is still current ?)

whistling.gif Regarding "traveling" and multi -entry visas.

I do not mind traveling, and I have done a lot of it in my life; but some of us, including myself, have reached he age where "traveling" is not as enjoyable as it was 30 years ago at age 40.

So, if we have the funds required,, we prefer to put them in a Thai bank, and limit our traveling to a once yearly trip to the local immigration office to renew our extension there for another year.

"Travel" is not the same at age 70 as it is at age 40.

Especially if you require a wheelchair.

• Like 1

I agree IMA, travelling to apply for a visa is not so much fun than it was when you were considerably much younger.

Having said that, the 90 day visa runs (multiple non-immigrant O visa) is a good excuse to take a holiday somewhere with my wife.

I am currently in the Avalon residence awaiting to collect passport at 1400 hrs and onward travel to Mukdahan. (My post of yesterday (For Info: Khor Ror 2) refers. Only a ten minutes walk to the Thai Consulate and turn back to Savannakhet bus station.

Whilst on the subject of the Avalon Residence, I would recommend a short stay here booking thru 'Booking.com' or Agoda, approx B820.

Enjoy

As of 3 months ago ,they just glanced at the original Marriage cert and handed it straight back .They kept a copy of the Marriage cert .They did not require anything else to do with the marriage.I would not even know what a KR2 is .(but guess its to prove that the marriage is still current ?)

Thanks to all replies .. Yes, it's the paper split into two vertically, one side you the other - the wife to confirm the marriage is valid.

I applied for a 60 day extension while waiting for a UK passport my local immigration insisted on a"the yearly renewal of kor ror 2. We both went to collect, expecting tricky questions, the girl at the ampur printed off a copy from the database and charged us 20b. We didn't even sign it in front of her .. Another pointless piece of paper.

It's no biggie for me, I shall collect one next week, it took about 15 minutes.

Is it possible ?

1st June (90 days)

1st Sept(visa run and another 90 days)

1st December(visa run and another 90 days)

1st March(visa run and another 90 days)

31st May(visa run and another 90 days)

31 August :go to embassy to apply an other visa non immigrant O multiple entry

This method no have to apply any extansion at immigration...

Possible ? Thanks again...

You can even do better than that. You can extend each entry for 60 days, reason vising spouse or children, no financial proof is necessary, cost Bt 1,900. This way you do border runs every 5 months, total time before a new visa about 17 months. 1,900 Baht is less that cost of travelling to border and getting visa for the border country (Only Malaysia do not need a visa).

Sorry to sound like a fool, but can you explain this to me like Im a 12 year old? Does this mean i need not do runs to another country every 3 months on a non imm O visa?

What would my position be applying for a non-O based on marriage but my wife is a filipino resident and working in Thailand these last nine years. We have a Thai wedding certificate, translated and signed by the MFA, as we were married here but we don't have a tabien baan. This is a hypothetical question as I am legitimate on a Non-B but just wondering what to do if, for instance, I got fired. Tis looks promising if we we can overcome the tabiene baan problem.

What would my position be applying for a non-O based on marriage but my wife is a filipino resident and working in Thailand these last nine years. We have a Thai wedding certificate, translated and signed by the MFA, as we were married here but we don't have a tabien baan. This is a hypothetical question as I am legitimate on a Non-B but just wondering what to do if, for instance, I got fired. Tis looks promising if we we can overcome the tabiene baan problem.

You do not qualify to get a non-o visa. You must be married to a Thai.

• Like 1

Thanks ubonjoe I was hoping you'd bring your expertise to bear on this matter. What would be my best option if I was ever to get fired but wanted to stay on in Thailand with my wife and try get a job elsewhere. Many thanks

Thanks ubonjoe I was hoping you'd bring your expertise to bear on this matter. What would be my best option if I was ever to get fired but wanted to stay on in Thailand with my wife and try get a job elsewhere. Many thanks

About you only choice would be a tourist visa until you find another job.

• Like 1

About you only choice would be a tourist visa until you find another job.

Thanks ubonjoe and would I need to re-enter with proof of adequate funds and an onwards ticket

You will not need a ticket out to get the visa.

If you have a valid visa a return or onward ticket is not required for entry. You should not need to show funds either.

Thanks for your help Joe good to know the lie of the hand and what to do in worst case scenarios....

@gerryBScot

I see from your profile you are over 50, so you could get a Non-O based on retirement or with a 30 day visa exempt and a trip to Bangkok and if you have enough money in the bank (or pension)! Can get an extension of stay ;)

• Like 1

Why he does not qualify? His spouse is employed in Thailand so hew could get a non-imm 'O' visa first, and a clause 2.20 extension later.

• Like 1

Why he does not qualify? His spouse is employed in Thailand so hew could get a non-imm 'O' visa first, and a clause 2.20 extension later.

The question was asked and answered. He cannot obtain a visa based on marriage as he is not married to a Thai.

There may be other solutions to his hypothetical question.