Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

They take Thai baht?  If facing the consulate, do I go left or right to find this cafe?

Left if facing the Consulate ,and right if coming out of the Consulate .Everywhere in Savannakhet will take Thai baht. I have a photo of it will try to add on here .

3 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Shadow, you stated that the Nok minivan stops off at the bridge before before the hotel. You have to walk up to immigration? I do not see any tuk tuks on either side of the bridge via google streetview. 

Th minivan will stop off right up at the immigration check point.  Let the driver know that you are getting off at the bridge.

Note that the minivan stopping off at the bridge is for the flight that arrives at Nakhon Phanom. 

Tuks Tuks are no problem either side.  They are always rocking up.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Backpacker1990 said:

Just saw on Facebook that you need to show 200k to get the ME Non O. Anyone got more information? 

False info for Savannakhet. Perhaps at another consulate.

I saw it also, he was definitely talking about Savannakhet, I guess we'll find out if more reports come in soon...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Somebody reported on another Forum that the Thai Embassy /Consulate at Saigon or Ho Chi Minh like Savannakhet do not ask for proof of funds for a M-0 based on marriage to a Thai .They charge  US$ 200 (B7000 )  though for the visa ,unlike B5000 at Savannakhet  .May suit some people if true ? 

2 minutes ago, firewight said:

I saw it also, he was definitely talking about Savannakhet, I guess we'll find out if more reports come in soon...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was just there on the 12 th last week ,and no funds asked for for an M-0 based on marriage to a Thai .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, anto said:

>>Owned by a Monk?<<

Somebody well connected .Another day i passed by and there were 3 new high end Mercedes parked outside .

Last year when doing my Visa in Savannakhet, I saw 5 Range Rover Sports 2016 models, 2 Infiniti Qx80! Thats some serious $$$ for these cars!   When wondering around last week near Avalon, cam eacross some auto shop decking out a new Mini Clubman with a new sound system!

On 6/17/2017 at 1:51 PM, shadowmaster1971 said:

I took a Nok Air Fly & Ride  from Don Muaeng (DM) to Mukhadan.

The Fly/Ride to Mukdahan are via the following cities:

DM to Nakhon Phanom.

DM to Nakhon Sakon

DM to Ubon Ratchathani.

Once you land at the above airports then it is a mini van by Nok Air to Mukdahan dropping off at Ploy Palace Hotel, which is also the pick up point for return flights.  Mini-van travel times is approx 2 hours.

Note: The Fly & Ride uses the Ploy Palace Van service. You can save some money if booking the van directly through Ploy Palace Travel service. Even cheaper: Take a tuk/skylab/taxi from Ubon airport to the Ubon bus station, and there are good air conditioned buses going to Mukdahan every hour or so. Way cheaper and about as fast (and also, more comfortable). 

On 6/20/2017 at 11:12 AM, shadowmaster1971 said:

Th minivan will stop off right up at the immigration check point.  Let the driver know that you are getting off at the bridge.

Note that the minivan stopping off at the bridge is for the flight that arrives at Nakhon Phanom. 

Tuks Tuks are no problem either side.  They are always rocking up.

Sorry, long bridge and old man. After Thai immigration, you can take a tuk tuk across the bridge and viceversa?

2 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Sorry, long bridge and old man. After Thai immigration, you can take a tuk tuk across the bridge and viceversa?

No the actual travelling across the bridge has to be bus,  car, or hired vehicles  etc.

The tuk tuk are only available after clearing each sides immigration check point coming in.  Nothing runs between.

19 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Your not allowed walk across anyway .From Mukdahan Bus station ,(which is 2 or 3 kl out of town ,but you might arrive there anyway) .There is a bus at least every hour or more to Savannakhet for B50 .The bus waits for you after clearing Thai emigration ,to take you across the bridge .Then waits for you to clear Lao Immigration and finally takes you to the bus station in Savannakhet .Reverse is similar coming back .

1 hour ago, anto said:

Your not allowed walk across anyway .From Mukdahan Bus station ,(which is 2 or 3 kl out of town ,but you might arrive there anyway) .There is a bus at least every hour or more to Savannakhet for B50 .The bus waits for you after clearing Thai emigration ,to take you across the bridge .Then waits for you to clear Lao Immigration and finally takes you to the bus station in Savannakhet .Reverse is similar coming back .

Just a word of warning with the bus.  It is meant to wait for passengers to clear immigration and reboard and continue on the journey. Sometimes with immigration check points busy and you get held up clearing  the bus have left thinking all passengers are back onboard.  So if you have left bags on the bus its a hell of time hunting to get them back.  I usually travel light, so carry my small bag with me through immigration.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shadowmaster1971 said:

Just a word of warning with the bus.  It is meant to wait for passengers to clear immigration and reboard and continue on the journey. Sometimes with immigration check points busy and you get held up clearing  the bus have left thinking all passengers are back onboard.  So if you have left bags on the bus its a hell of time hunting to get them back.  I usually travel light, so carry my small bag with me through immigration.

Also helps to have downloaded the Lao visa Application form from here ,and have it already filled out .Saves some time so you don't get left behind .If you do you can wait for the next bus maybe one hour or take one of the waiting tuk-tuk..

• Like 1

Just now, anto said:

Also helps to have downloaded the Lao visa Application form from here ,and have it already filled out .Saves some time so you don't get left behind .If you do you can wait for the next bus maybe one hour or take one of the waiting tuk-tuk..

Good call Anto thats what I did..  Plus you need foto for the Loa Application and 1500baht for the visa fee, though cheaper paying in US$.  Cant remember the amount, but recall need to use small crisp bills!

3 minutes ago, shadowmaster1971 said:

Good call Anto thats what I did..  Plus you need foto for the Loa Application and 1500baht for the visa fee, though cheaper paying in US$.  Cant remember the amount, but recall need to use small crisp bills!

Yes i got the US$ before hand  .US$35 ,from Super rich in Chiang mai ,cost B1200 .Different Nationalities cost different amounts for the Visa .

Edited by anto

• 2 weeks later...

- visa application (see Application.jpg)

- 2 pictures attached to the application

- original marriage certificate

- 1 copy of marriage certificate, i.e. front and back page copied back to back on a single sheet with no date and signature on it (see Marriage Certificate Front and Back Page.jpg)

- 1 copy of my passport front page dated 15.01.2013 and signed by me

- 1 copy of my wife’s ID card, front and back page copied on a single front sheet, dated 15.1.2013 and signed by my wife only

- 1 copy of my wife’s Blue Book (Tabian Ban) copied on a single front sheet dated 15.01.2013 and signed by my wife only

- 5000 Baht visa fee

Hi,

my year is nearly over and I booked already all travel arrangements - just want to check if anything changed from last year/list ?

thank you