Is walking the streets of Pattaya barefoot a sure sign of insanity?

Jingthing

OK, in the last two days I have witnessed two separate somewhat older white men walking the streets of Pattaya (one in Jomtien actually) feet bare nekkid!

No, not the beach. No, not anywhere NEAR the beach.

Both seemed oblivious to the situation. In fact both were walking rapidly.

I just don't get it.

Aside from the filth, the walking surfaces here are a step up from a MINEFIELD.

Definite sign of insanity or not?

I walk around a lot. I can't imagine this. I get it their feet are super tough. However, I think it's more sensible to walk barefoot on hot coals for a short distance than a long barefoot walk on Pattaya's streets.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Insanity is the scruffy farang who walks in the outside lane on Sukhumvit around the Makro area.....

the guy must have a "death wish"

I haven't noticed if he has footwear or not.......I am usually too busy trying not to get his blood on my carblink.png

Just back from Australia...and sure enough they go barefoot....<deleted>. The streets there are a lot cleaner but hey ?

Here in the stinky bacteria riddled tropics walking barefoot is a NO NO. You can easily get a cut and a serious infection. Round worm is another bad problem.

It might not be the sign of total insanity but it is fool hardly in the extreme. Even worse is going barefoot in the rainy season and wading through the raw sewage streaming down the Sois.

• Like 1

thought it was a sure sign of being an aussie

But not mutually exclusive with insanity ... ??? ... crazy.gif

Why did you think that? Was It supposed to be a comical post? To go to the trouble posting that you saw people with bare feet,speaks heaps about what you are,get a life.

• Like 1

Why did you think that? Was It supposed to be a comical post? To go to the trouble posting that you saw people with bare feet,speaks heaps about what you are,get a life.
Perhaps ... but your nasty post here is possibly even more revealing of another person entirely. Hint ... if a topic doesn't interest you then ... fill in the blank.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Insanity is the scruffy farang who walks in the outside lane on Sukhumvit around the Makro area.....

the guy must have a "death wish"

I haven't noticed if he has footwear or not.......I am usually too busy trying not to get his blood on my car:blink:

He wears footwear but more often than not they are odd shoes/flip-flops.

This is Thailand. You can do what you like as long as it does not affect anyone else's income at which point they may become violent towards you. Not wearing shoes should be fine.

Briggsy, you have summed it up perfectly, down and outs, peasants and odd beats are part of the Pattaya way of life. If you have no class, aspirations to be class or basically downright ignorant of your visiting countries way of life so be it. However I do know that it's common for whites to walk the immediate area of their residences in South Africa, etc bare feet, but they would never do it in a town or city. Double standards ?

Perhaps ... but your nasty post here is possibly even more revealing of another person entirely. Hint ... if a topic doesn't interest you then ... fill in the blank.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hint ... if a topic doesn't interest you then "its from Jingthing,again."

Maybe there Diabetic and started out with slip on type shoes ??

For about 11 years have to wear sandles with back heel strap when I go out, or i would be walking around berefoot, have slip on slippers around the house and slip-on around the garden, appear spend more time hunting for them as looking at my feet to find have lost 1 or both of them somewhere... now if i could train the dogs to bring then to me, alas they go and hids them

One of the joys of being Diabetic and no feeling in your feet.