NSPTR threatens to abduct Yingluck, Chalerm and Adul

webfact

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they would try to capture the prime minister, Chalerm and the national police chief.

Kidnapping people, especially emotionally vulnerable people (I consider Yingluck a textbook example of this), causes immense trauma to the individual and their children and wider family. It is also a crime under law. It is also contrary to to the core precepts of Democracy, a system which from its very origins involves the use of language not force. Unless they retract the above statement, they need to take the word 'democratic' from their slogans and replace it with something a bit more gangster.

• Like 2

...These yellow crazy guys should really be sent to rehab wacko.png

rehab is for people born NORMAL and grew up NORMAL

Yes indeed ^_^

But I can't believe so many people were born insane.

I believe they were born "normal", grew up "normal", but became crazy at a later stage in their lives...

All those who disappeared from Suthep's protests seem to have recovered.

But those who still follow this crazy wannabe dictator and his "people's council" should be helped.

At the same time it would help the country get rid of all these yellows making irrational demands, taking the majority of the people and the country hostage...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

...These yellow crazy guys should really be sent to rehab wacko.png

rehab is for people born NORMAL and grew up NORMAL

Yes indeed happy.png

But I can't believe so many people were born insane.

I believe they were born "normal", grew up "normal", but became crazy at a later stage in their lives...

All those who disappeared from Suthep's protests seem to have recovered.

But those who still follow this crazy wannabe dictator and his "people's council" should be helped.

At the same time it would help the country get rid of all these yellows making irrational demands, taking the majority of the people and the country hostage...

Welcome outside the cave; breaking news: they are not in yellow, and farmers and all classes of people are taking part. By the way, I would like some of that potent stuff you're smoking up in the cave.

I thought if somebody publicly incited people to commit a crime, that was a crime in itself? When it's the PM and government ministers is that not treason or even terrorism? Considering the government and now the so-called caretaker government are in place by Royal decree (albeit a very fluffy one) I wpould have thought this speech and Thaksin's speeches are showing blatant disrespect to the crown. I still don't get why the police are too scared to arrest these twunts? (I can feel one of these coming on... Thaksin was trying to overthrow the King, type comment)

This threat will get you hung in some countries, and actually doing it will get you hung in "many" countries. However, this reeks of bravado. It's so easy to talk, but actually doing the terrible deed ... that's another story indeed.

I thought if somebody publicly incited people to commit a crime, that was a crime in itself? When it's the PM and government ministers is that not treason or even terrorism? Considering the government and now the so-called caretaker government are in place by Royal decree (albeit a very fluffy one) I wpould have thought this speech and Thaksin's speeches are showing blatant disrespect to the crown. I still don't get why the police are too scared to arrest these twunts? (I can feel one of these coming on... Thaksin was trying to overthrow the King, type comment)

I'm not a lawyer but I believe the comments in the OP would fall under "conspiracy to kidnap" which is a crime in the West. It would be less so if the guy was doodling it in his notebook, but since he is actually encouraging others in public, it would certainly be a crime. In either case, it goes against basic standards of human decency and morals, and even worse because these incendiary words are delivered in such a volatile and stressful time when a lot of people are ready to snap and do irrational things. It is a truly shameful statement made in the OP, and anyone who felt the anti-govt protest movement held a moral highground might want to rethink that now. The best hope now is this guy steps up and retracts the full statement and apologises for his moment of madness. He should do that now, and consider himself lucky if he doesn't face charges too.

Sounds about right Yunla although making a speech in public would be considered incitement to insurgency (not that what the protesters are doing is not insurgency) in most countries and would probably get you shot in some countries! Talk about losing the moral high ground!

• Like 1

In any civilized country in the world, openly stating you plan to kidnap the leader of a country would have you swarmed with cops and looking at what you can see of the world through cell bars almost immediately.

But TiT.

They said "arrest," not "kidnap."

They are not a legal law enforcement agency, so despite your semantics, it would be unlawfully holding someone against their will, which is considered KIDNAPPING in most civilized countries.

No, Thailand's Criminal Procedure Code sections 79-84 covers citizens' arrests, and there is an annexed schedule of the offenses in respect of which a private citizen may make an arrest without a warrant. I am, however, not a Thai criminal attorney, so I cannot comment on whether the actions of Khun Yingluck, Chalerm, or Adul would qualify as such offenses. Determining the validity of a citizens' arrest would probably fall under the jurisdiction of the Criminal Court.

" Hello, I'm here to make a citizen's arrest of the Prime Minster and we'll allow a court to determine the validity of...." BANG!

• Like 1

As a former American and cop, I was always dismayed by their use of "conspiracy to.....fill in the blank" and send people to long prison terms. But in this case, there has to be a charge similar to that in Thailand and needs to be used.

These clowns are truly sick.

• Like 1

Abduct Chalerm.. Who wouldn't pay to see that? giggle.gif

More importantly, who in their right mind would pay one satang to have him freed??coffee1.gif

(Goes for all 3 by the way!)

Who in their right mind would want to abduct Chalerm and detain him ? Pity the poor fools chosen to guard him, imagine locked in a room with him ranting and raving 24 hours a day !

I think it would be fun to be a fly on the wall, so to speak, and follow him around all day. I have a feeling it would be a real eye opener.burp.gif

Criminal, violent, unconstitutional, ... This "peaceful" protest is very entertaining, really rolleyes.gif

Shoot at police, destroy democracy, kill red shirts, carry all sorts of weapons, intimidate media, beat taxi drivers, occupy buildings, brutalize a child, disrupt the economy, make countless false accusations, torch busses, detain people, lie, ... and now abduct the PM...

These yellow crazy guys should really be sent to rehab wacko.png

and what fantasy world is this that you are describing?

Now all of you tell me, if any of your countries would happen something like this: what would be the outcome? Would protesters be considered peaceful?

It's not all protesters and I doubt it's more than a small fraction. They're wrong but they don't represent the majority of the anti government protesters.

Protestors are followers of a ranting demagogue and his enforcers, the Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) not to mention their political tool wing the Democrat party.

You're known by and judged by the company you keep. If you just came out because you love a parade and a mindless day to join your friends for a 'make Thailand better day' by blowing a whistle while the movement is busy at illegal acts then you will have to learn life's lessons the hard way. Guilty by association, guilty with the rest.

Today, the PDRC in trang have forced the boss of a local school our of his job and out of the area for not participatind in PDRC activities.

The South is having to live under his jackboot now which is why there is no dissent.

Next up will be the soppy middle class who follow him for fun. When he tells them to march for him or give up their work... and they query him.. they weill be beaten to a pulp like anybody else who disagrees with him.

Many of the gaps in Thai Education about the between war period in Europe are going to be filled in first hand at this rate and they will not like Civil war, totalitarianism and fascist mobs making up laws and beating people to a pulp for the slightest indiscression.

Might mean a few less lattes and Saturdays out in the Malls buying skin whitener.

Edited by pipkins

In any civilized country in the world, openly stating you plan to kidnap the leader of a country would have you swarmed with cops and looking at what you can see of the world through cell bars almost immediately.

But TiT.

I'm sorry, but only duly authorised law enforcement officers have the right to 'arrest' someone. I cannot just declare my right to 'arrest' you and then lock you away. In any country that would be illegal ... It would be considered 'kidnapping'. They don't get to authorise themselves. No-one does.

newcomer71, on 22 Jan 2014 - 14:24, said:

Now all of you tell me, if any of your countries would happen something like this: what would be the outcome? Would protesters be considered peaceful?

30th January 1972, Londonderry, Northern Ireland. Considered peaceful civil rights demonstration.

Outcome? 40 years of urban terrorism.

Moral of the above? You have to be careful wherever you are in the world to avoid outcomes like that. Hope that helps.

Apols for the slight detour off topic, lets try to keep this about Thailand, let other countries worry about their own situations....................wai.gif

Thailand becomes a failed state, whatever that is ...

"Whatever that is ..." indeed. You obviously don't know. Thailand is very far away from being an actual "failed state."

i know but you gotta give it points for trying real hard sometimes.

I think this is part of the Governments plan to let this mob roam for a while.

It's only when enough people realise what an absolute disgrace this latest coup plot is that they some may grow a set of balls and come out against it.. More importantly stop it happening again.

Numbers are really dropping fast on the protests so it is working. Without leaving them out there to commit all these outrages they stood a better chance of power. So strangely, the worse it gets the better it is....

Whilst some are saying this weakens the Gov and makes them appear ineffective, what is happening even more is that people are waking up to Suthep and either deserting him or jumping ship to the White shirts. Certainly is not strenghening the protest however you look at it. Another very poor turn out today and no thread was available today to post pics of this dangerous rump mob, which it is now many in the middle have tuned out.

sad, but if it sees them off the political scene once and for all .. we'll have to bear it. The Bangkok tax payer will be paying to repair all the damage, so they must be ok with it... There money, there choice, but excuse me if I don't agree that this has an educated air to it.

This false image of an eductated middle class has also taken a real hammering. Not too much on Thai visa, but the scorn levels on twitter from indside and outside and the links to foreign media are really showing them up for what they are. Semi-educated, self deluded, trained to follow as sheep... Whistling sheep this time as opposed to clapping sheep under the PAD

• Like 2

In European countries, the government do not go against a ruling of the constitution court!

And in many countries the message of protestors, in may situations, is listened to, because it's the voice of the people!!!!

Thailand becomes a failed state, whatever that is ...

"Whatever that is ..." indeed. You obviously don't know. Thailand is very far away from being an actual "failed state."

i know but you gotta give it points for trying real hard sometimes.

I think this is part of the Governments plan to let this mob roam for a while.

It's only when enough people realise what an absolute disgrace this latest coup plot is that they some may grow a set of balls and come out against it.. More importantly stop it happening again.

Numbers are really dropping fast on the protests so it is working. Without leaving them out there to commit all these outrages they stood a better chance of power. So strangely, the worse it gets the better it is....

Whilst some are saying this weakens the Gov and makes them appear ineffective, what is happening even more is that people are waking up to Suthep and either deserting him or jumping ship to the White shirts. Certainly is not strenghening the protest however you look at it. Another very poor turn out today and no thread was available today to post pics of this dangerous rump mob, which it is now many in the middle have tuned out.

sad, but if it sees them off the political scene once and for all .. we'll have to bear it. The Bangkok tax payer will be paying to repair all the damage, so they must be ok with it... There money, there choice, but excuse me if I don't agree that this has an educated air to it.

This false image of an eductated middle class has also taken a real hammering. Not too much on Thai visa, but the scorn levels on twitter from indside and outside and the links to foreign media are really showing them up for what they are. Semi-educated, self deluded, trained to follow as sheep... Whistling sheep this time as opposed to clapping sheep under the PAD

What a load of rubbish, how many days did it take to dream this up?

But TiT.

I'm sorry, but only duly authorised law enforcement officers have the right to 'arrest' someone. I cannot just declare my right to 'arrest' you and then lock you away. In any country that would be illegal ... It would be considered 'kidnapping'. They don't get to authorise themselves. No-one does.

Sorry, but you are misinformed. The Thai Criminal Procedure Code sections 79-84 provides that, with regard to the offenses listed in the annex to the Code, any person -- foreigners included -- has the right to make an arrest. The procedure to be followed after the arrest is made is also specified in detail. Please read the applicable sections of the Code.

Edited by haroldc

It's not all protesters and I doubt it's more than a small fraction. They're wrong but they don't represent the majority of the anti government protesters.

Protestors are followers of a ranting demagogue and his enforcers, the Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) not to mention their political tool wing the Democrat party.

You're known by and judged by the company you keep. If you just came out because you love a parade and a mindless day to join your friends for a 'make Thailand better day' by blowing a whistle while the movement is busy at illegal acts then you will have to learn life's lessons the hard way. Guilty by association, guilty with the rest.

Today, the PDRC in trang have forced the boss of a local school our of his job and out of the area for not participatind in PDRC activities.

The South is having to live under his jackboot now which is why there is no dissent.

Next up will be the soppy middle class who follow him for fun. When he tells them to march for him or give up their work... and they query him.. they weill be beaten to a pulp like anybody else who disagrees with him.

Many of the gaps in Thai Education about the between war period in Europe are going to be filled in first hand at this rate and they will not like Civil war, totalitarianism and fascist mobs making up laws and beating people to a pulp for the slightest indiscression.

Might mean a few less lattes and Saturdays out in the Malls buying skin whitener.

Well there's a fertile imagination, perhaps you should write sci-fi scripts.

Abduct Chalerm.. Who wouldn't pay to see that? giggle.gif

More importantly, who in their right mind would pay one satang to have him freed??coffee1.gif

(Goes for all 3 by the way!)

Who in their right mind would want to abduct Chalerm and detain him ? Pity the poor fools chosen to guard him, imagine locked in a room with him ranting and raving 24 hours a day !

I think it would be fun to be a fly on the wall, so to speak, and follow him around all day. I have a feeling it would be a real eye opener.burp.gif

Yes, and possibly very confusing.

But TiT.

Yes but its kinda nice that it is different here and you do not get locked up.

I called a cop a prick once...he smiled and walked away.

2 days ago I gave another cop the bird.....he just looked with amusement.