Gay people will always need to come out

Jingthing

My point was, all be it badly made, it shouldnt matter, it shouldnt be a big deal, not in 2014.

But I've learned ny lesson not to even ask in this forum, you are a victim of your own making with your attitude.

I agree. Your point was made badly. Cheers.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the link, I just dont get it, why is there a need to announce it? You dont announce for example that your left handed, you like eating prawns, your eyes are green. Why the need to "come out" .

If thats your choice, thats who you are, why does it need a declaration ?

There is no need to make a declaration as long as you're happy who gives a toss what others think. It's a choice, I've never broadcast my sexuality outside of this sub forum or in my professional life.

In my opinion some gays have a chip on their shoulder and are attention seekers who want to play the miniority card and label the rest us in or out of the closet, being out is somehow better in their minds, as I said earlier my sexuality doesn't define me.

BTW nice to have new people asking questions and posting.

i

Thank you for this, I appreciate your rational response.

• Like 1

The private circle thing and public proclamations are different things.

If you don't come out to people really close to you, they don't know who you are, and MIGHT not still love/like you IF they knew who you really are.

Living a lie like that among people close to you is the source of great emotional pain for many gay people.

Coming out can also cause great pain if mistakenly done in very hostile environments, and large parts of the world remain very hostile environments for out gay people.

There are many books on the subject.

I reject the idea that sexual orientation is a trivial matter, like preference for shrimp over squid.

Edited by Jingthing

My point was, all be it badly made, it shouldnt matter, it shouldnt be a big deal, not in 2014.

But I've learned ny lesson not to even ask in this forum, you are a victim of your own making with your attitude.

Some gay folks feel that in order to be honest with themselves they need to be honest with the people around them and come out. It's a psychological thing. I've come out to my parents. Everybody else can swing in the wind! laugh.png

• Like 2

I did respond, dude.

I had already answered the point about NEED, saying it wasn't a NEED, and then he asked again as if he hadn't even read the answer.

When that happened, i questioned whether this questioner was really sincere or just here to be another complainer about gay people sticking their gayness in people's faces by coming out.

Edited by Jingthing

Some gay folks feel that in order to be honest with themselves they need to be honest with the people around them and come out. It's a psychological thing. I've come out to my parents. Everybody else can swing in the wind! laugh.png

Does your BF know ?

I'm so sorry I couldn't resist 555555555555

For sure, but are you saying your close friends also don't know you're gay? If not, how could they be close friends?

Does your BF know ?

I'm so sorry I couldn't resist 555555555555

I'm keeping it as a surprise tongue.png

• Like 1

I did respond, dude.

I had already answered the point about NEED, saying it wasn't a NEED, and then he asked again as if he hadn't even read the answer.

When that happened, i questioned whether this questioner was really sincere or just here to be another complainer about gay people sticking their gayness in people's faces by coming out.

Why would you immediately jump to the conclusion I was complaining? I had not complained about anything, I simply asked a question, if I did not understand and wanted further explanation is that complaining?

You seem to have a serious chip on your shoulder and immediately assume anyone you dont know is gay is immediately labelled anti gay !

You should be ashamed.

• Like 2

It's a difficult issue, but a friend of mine did find it necessary to come out to his wife. That caused a lot of problems, but it also solved a few.

Now, stop arguing and conduct yourself in a civil manner.

• Like 1

It's a difficult issue, but a friend of mine did find it necessary to come out to his wife. That caused a lot of problems, but it also solved a few.

Now, stop arguing and conduct yourself in a civil manner.

In the example you state here , yes I can clearly see that.

I am resigned here to believe that this subject cannot be discussed reasonably in writing, it needs expression, tone, and attitude to be displayed, which I feel could only be done justice in a typical verbal conversation.

I hope I get chance to do that one day.

I'll leave this topic as further comment is really quite pointless.

For sure, but are you saying your close friends also don't know you're gay? If not, how could they be close friends?

How about keeping your nose out of my business?

How about keeping your nose out of my business?

With pleasure.

Please do not judge the forum by one member who himself says that his patience is limited.

You are welcome to ask here.

Edited by onthemoon
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another "historic" coming out story. This young lady is obviously a lesbian without needing to come out. But hear why she thought it was important to still come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Xl5FoNrNts

http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/television/2014/02/13/watch-meet-first-openly-gay-american-idol-contestant

After 13 seasons, M.K. Nobilette is the first American Idol Top 30 contestant to speak about her sexuality on-camera during an episode of the hit reality series.
  • Like 1

Another "historic" coming out story. This young lady is obviously a lesbian without needing to come out. But hear why she thought it was important to still come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Xl5FoNrNts

http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/television/2014/02/13/watch-meet-first-openly-gay-american-idol-contestant

After 13 seasons, M.K. Nobilette is the first[/size] American Idol Top 30 contestant to speak about her sexuality on-camera during an episode of the hit reality series.[/size]

I wish her all the best.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another gay teen talks about coming out ... with chutzpah!

How did I get into this closet? An openly gay teen speaks out Heterosexual terror activists are everywhere; the chances are that you yourself are one.

I’m a 10th grader who finally came out of the closet about half-a-year ago. And then I started wondering how I actually got there. In this article I would like to describe heterosexual terror and its impressive methods of operation.

Article available to read by registering at Haaretz.

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.586024

Edited by Jingthing

• 3 weeks later...

From unknown people to a PRINCE!

Wow!

More evidence COMING OUT still matters ... a lot:

Very good. Indian gays still have a fight to fight for acceptance, a stage we in Europe where in in the 1980s. But India is much bigger, so the progress will be slower. Having a VIP, and a prince at that, coming out is a very good step for all gay people in India.

Just for fun.

Maybe you're into girly guys?

http://www.y

I'm not sure about this one. On the one hand, I find it very clichee with both parents being a bit effeminate. It will also give ammunition to those people who say "we accept gay marriage but not adoption", as these parents are obviously intolerant towards straight people.

On the other hand, it is probably meant to show straight people how a gay son feels. I just don't think they'll get the message.