Navy Seals commander insists foreign forces were brought in

Lite Beer

Cambodians brought to Thailand to deal with the red protesters in 2010, and the yellow protesters in 2014...

Well, it makes the things rather confusing laugh.png

Personally I would not attach too much importance to this "secret information" he was supposed to take with him to his grave...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No, he's saying Cambodians were brought in to assist the red side in 2010 and now in 2014 . . . get it?

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This same senior officer had earlier - in a story published by The Nation earlier today - confirmed this with greater details that can be read on thaivisa's news stories page. In that story he revealed that Cambodians were being smuggled across for the purposes of dealing with the protesters. He also claims that this happened in 2009 and 2010, and wondered why the police hadn't done anything about it. As the Yingluck administration has already had conferences with media outlets today, with a warning not to provoke unrest - this kind of news story may very well disappear, as the Yingluck administration now takes aim at the free media in their effort for complete control of the narrative.

Shouldn't this blokes inactivity to prevent this, represent a gross dereliction of duty. Non allied forces operating on thai soil would mean that he would be absolutely obligated to intervene.

By his inactivity he has broken his oath to the country. Shouldn't he be removed from the army for his complicit.activity.

Interesting point. I would think that if foreign troops were entering Thai soil, the group tasked with repelling them would certainly be the Navy Seals, rather than fat police who are normally tasked with

collecting money for no helmet fines.... Guess it comes down as to whether or not his knowledge was before or after the fact.

Cambodians brought to Thailand to deal with the red protesters in 2010, and the yellow protesters in 2014...

Personally I would not attach too much importance to this "secret information" he was supposed to take with him to his grave...

No, he's saying Cambodians were brought in to assist the red side in 2010 and now in 2014 . . . get it?

No, he is not. He is just saying they came in, without alluding as to which side brought them in.

Thai at Heart, on 22 Jan 2014 - 19:47, said:
Scamper, on 22 Jan 2014 - 19:29, said:

This same senior officer had earlier - in a story published by The Nation earlier today - confirmed this with greater details that can be read on thaivisa's news stories page. In that story he revealed that Cambodians were being smuggled across for the purposes of dealing with the protesters. He also claims that this happened in 2009 and 2010, and wondered why the police hadn't done anything about it. As the Yingluck administration has already had conferences with media outlets today, with a warning not to provoke unrest - this kind of news story may very well disappear, as the Yingluck administration now takes aim at the free media in their effort for complete control of the narrative.

Shouldn't this blokes inactivity to prevent this, represent a gross dereliction of duty. Non allied forces operating on thai soil would mean that he would be absolutely obligated to intervene.

By his inactivity he has broken his oath to the country. Shouldn't he be removed from the army for his complicit.activity.

Perhaps this is the reason he is making statements now. As a serving officer, he also has to take orders from on high. As the commanding officer of a special operations unit, I would speculate that some of these orders come from government.

If he is told to keep his mouth shut, he will do exactly that. Until he has had enough and rebels, as seems to be the case now.......wink.png

Just sayin'. Lets keep options open from both sides.

He also claims that 39 more people than reported were shot in 2010. Apparently they were Khmer militants - their corpses taken away by reds in refrigerator vans before anyone else could get to them. Throwing stuff like that in undermines his credibility somewhat. As Thai at Heart says, there are plenty of Thais who could do these jobs, so why bring in Khmer? Must be plenty of soldiers, special forces and police, serving or retired, who'd be willing to do it. And there are reasons not to use Khmer, especially if they're not fluent in Thai. The obvious one is they don't know the layout of the city etc.

The only reason I can think they would use Khmer people is that once the job is done, they go home and it doesn't matter what they tell anyone. But I'm grasping for reasons there.

• Like 1

Perhaps this is the reason he is making statements now. As a serving officer, he also has to take orders from on high. As the commanding officer of a special operations unit, I would speculate that some of these orders come from government.

If he is told to keep his mouth shut, he will do exactly that. Until he has had enough and rebels, as seems to be the case now.......wink.png

They dont take orders from the government, the armed forces here are not under the control of government but swear an oath to protect the king not serve the country first as normal forces do.

The guys probably retiring next month or something,funny hes all keen to speak after some of his boys get caught in a dodgy and embarrassing situation. Yknow false plates undercover with suppressors in the middle of the protesters.

smells worse than nam pla

He also claims that 39 more people than reported were shot in 2010. Apparently they were Khmer militants - their corpses taken away by reds in refrigerator vans before anyone else could get to them. Throwing stuff like that in undermines his credibility somewhat. As Thai at Heart says, there are plenty of Thais who could do these jobs, so why bring in Khmer? Must be plenty of soldiers, special forces and police, serving or retired, who'd be willing to do it. And there are reasons not to use Khmer, especially if they're not fluent in Thai. The obvious one is they don't know the layout of the city etc.

The only reason I can think they would use Khmer people is that once the job is done, they go home and it doesn't matter what they tell anyone. But I'm grasping for reasons there.

There's every reason to use them.They go back home to Cambodia, the Thai authorities cannot trace them.

There's every reason to use them.They go back home to Cambodia, the Thai authorities cannot trace them.

That was the point I made, it's the only reason I can think of. But people who met the militants in 2010 claim they spoke Thai. And all those arrested in connection with them have been Thai. And if you're going to have a mixture of Thai and Khmer, why bother with the Khmer at all? Bearing in mind I doubt there were more than 10 - 15 MiB in total. Think my friend reckons there were 12 of them involved at Kok Wua.

Let's say for the sake of argument that there's a glimmer of truth in the guy's statement. Well, he's exposed it now and it's up to the government to respond. Prayuth surely can't be sitting back either - if there were 10 vans of them (or did he say 12?), that would be 80+ people... surely the military is already on it? Or Vinai can send his SEALs after them, he's already admitted he's supporting "the people" anyway, so surely can't be worried too much about govt orders?

The police and the military are in a little bit of a tit-for-tat over some allegations about just who might have thrown a grenade. Personally, I doubt that the gov't would bring in anyone. They are the gov't and they have resources a plenty to deal with the protesters.

As it now stands it is in the best interest of the gov't that there not be violence. They need to look good for an election and they need to seem to be in some type of control. A group of Khmer would hardly go unnoticed and they have a better than average chance of getting caught.

Let's remember that the snouts have had to abandon the trough for the time being and there are a lot of different groups who look forward to their turn. Corruption is to Thailand like booze to an alcoholic. They can't resist and they really don't like to share unless they know they will get their fill.

• Like 2

They dont take orders from the government, the armed forces here are not under the control of government but swear an oath to protect the king not serve the country first as normal forces do.

The guys probably retiring next month or something,funny hes all keen to speak after some of his boys get caught in a dodgy and embarrassing situation. Yknow false plates undercover with suppressors in the middle of the protesters.

smells worse than nam pla

I hear you.

But my definition of an army remains: A collection of able-bodied trained personnel formed to rectify the mistakes of politicians.

I believe, regardless of their oath, at some points during their service, they will be seconded to do the bidding of others. If they stuck to their oath, they would never go overseas on peace keeping missions, for example.

No, he is not. He is just saying they came in, without alluding as to which side brought them in.

Read my post above.

Naval Chiefs have come out with statement basically telling him to <deleted> if you understand diplomatic language.

Said his interview (ramblings) were his own personal affair but is worried they are affecting the image of the Navy.

Back on the leash for him them and hopefully medication for the hallucinations.

"....Certain missions are top secret that must die with us"........hahaha watching too many Hollywood movies?

or does he mean when they break the law because they think they are above the law? And these people are funded by our hard earned tax money - what a waste!

• Like 1

I have a friend in Sattahip who is a Thai navy seal. A more considerate and polite person you couldn't meet. These people train hard, often with U S navy seals and their loyalty to Thailand and the risks they take, even in training, should not be trivialised.

Well, I was in the UK SAS Reserves (23 Regt) for 5 years a very long time ago, and I know what the training is like. However, some years back I was teaching a corporate class near Don Muang for a Government-related body. One of my students was something big in security and an ex-commando with the Thai army.

He told me that quite some years ago 20 Thai commandos were sent to Hereford to train with the regular SAS (22 Regt). They were back in Thailand after a week. It was too cold for them. They were sent to the Brecons in Wales during winter, (standard place for training Brits) where they froze. They were supposed to jump into a lake in November in full kit and bergen (backpack) and stay in the water for 5 minutes. They refused and were RTU'd (Returned to Unit) ie, sent back to Thailand in disgrace.

So I have some scepticism about your claim that they are that good. They may be good in Thai terms, but not THAT good.

I really can't see why a Thai special forces unit needs to be able to endure extreme cold when their only likely area of operations would be in the tropics.

After living in a reasonably cold (in winter) area, I have lived in the tropics for more than 10 years. Now, anything under 20 degrees chills me to the bone, but that might be old age.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what he means. Is he saying that the democrats brought in mercenaries to kill redshirts in 2009/2010 or that the other side is doing it now?

No silly, the democrats used the army to kill red shirts, it must be the red shirts bringing in mercenaries.

Oh my lord.

There are guns for hire in thailand for tuppence, but no, we bring Cambodians.

Where is my tinfoil. Better still, they should invade. Yes.. That's a plan.

Are you sure they are Cambodians? Where ever the mercenaries are from, the big question is, who hired them?

And if he knew so much why did he not inform the wonderful police and they could have diligently rushed to intercept and detain the Bad armed foreigners coming to kill all the Thais and who probably only had a 30 day visa and then confiscate their weapons and have them deported to whence they came from, these bloody foreigners think they own the place, it’s all a bit of a pathetic story to try and cover where the top secret Navy used grenades came from that were used to blow up the latest protesters.

I have a friend in Sattahip who is a Thai navy seal. A more considerate and polite person you couldn't meet. These people train hard, often with U S navy seals and their loyalty to Thailand and the risks they take, even in training, should not be trivialised.

Well, I was in the UK SAS Reserves (23 Regt) for 5 years a very long time ago, and I know what the training is like. However, some years back I was teaching a corporate class near Don Muang for a Government-related body. One of my students was something big in security and an ex-commando with the Thai army.

He told me that quite some years ago 20 Thai commandos were sent to Hereford to train with the regular SAS (22 Regt). They were back in Thailand after a week. It was too cold for them. They were sent to the Brecons in Wales during winter, (standard place for training Brits) where they froze. They were supposed to jump into a lake in November in full kit and bergen (backpack) and stay in the water for 5 minutes. They refused and were RTU'd (Returned to Unit) ie, sent back to Thailand in disgrace.

So I have some scepticism about your claim that they are that good. They may be good in Thai terms, but not THAT good.

I really can't see why a Thai special forces unit needs to be able to endure extreme cold when their only likely area of operations would be in the tropics.

After living in a reasonably cold (in winter) area, I have lived in the tropics for more than 10 years. Now, anything under 20 degrees chills me to the bone, but that might be old age.

And if they had to do an operation to say free some hostages or part of a peace keeping force in the UN in far flung parts of the world like they have before ?

Come on even you can see the sense in a special forces unit being able to cope with ... well special or extreme conditions and perform, or they arnt special forces.

It dosnt really do to say im not getting in that cold water and i suspect it was a shock to find out what real special forces have to go through. Im sure they are great lads all the same and no doubt tip top in the jungle.

• Like 1