Navy Seals commander insists foreign forces were brought in

Lite Beer

"Thaksin has VERY close ties with Cambodia. Why would they come and support the Dems?" short answer: Money. And I hear the vans that came in split into two groups. One group went to the dems and the other to the reds. All in a days work. "Work permits? We don't need no stinkin' work permits!" (Paraphrase from "Treasure of the Shinawat Madre", Old Bogie/Huston flick)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cambodians brought to Thailand to deal with the red protesters in 2010, and the yellow protesters in 2014...

Well, it makes the things rather confusing laugh.png

Personally I would not attach too much importance to this "secret information" he was supposed to take with him to his grave...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Read first !

He only claims that foreign forces have been brought in during the 2009 and 2010 protests.

This could also mean f.i. that they were brought in to violently disrupt the protests or even fight on the reds side against the army, who knows what is meant.

The only thing he says is, that foreign forces were brought in, the rest is speculation.

Well, yes indeed... It could mean anything...

Confusing indeed... :rolleyes:

So, rather than speculate, better not pay too much attention to this "secret" -_-

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Additional to the report in the BP, Pol Lt.Col. Benjapol Rodsawat, Dep.Ch. of Sa Kaeo immi-police, stated .."more than 450 Cambodian Muslims passed through the border on Friday . up to 149 had also crossed the border from Saturday" That's around 600. Ten van loads?

It's ok.

They have their immigration card so they know exactly where they are staying, whether they came on a tour or private trip, if it is their first trip to thailand and how much they earn.....

"the stance he has taken to side with the people instead of the government".

3 Thai Navy seals arrested by police with silencers on their firearms. These people weren't foreign forces but your very own siding with the anti government people.

You choose to believe this rather than the official military explanation.

Why? Any evidence?

Yes, the police were holding up the pistols with the silencers on them at a press conference. There are pictures of it in other threads in this forum.

And the Navy never denied they were carrying them either.

Reported in BP (Thurs Jan 23)"Security has been beefed up at the Thai-Cambodian border in Aranyaprathet district of Sa Kaeo provence following reports that an unusually high number of Cambodian Moslems are entering Thailand there."

Sounds fishy.

How does anyone know the religion of tourists? Is there a Religion box on the Border Control form?.

Wonder how the SAS recuits in Wales would get on if they came here to train and were made to sit in the mess with everyone else and eat bowls and bowls of extra hot chillies three times a day. May be a few of them RTU'd too.

Ha! You know nothing about the Regiment, obviously. It was a matter of pride to be able to eat the hottest possible curries - all mess dinners had a blasting curry on the menu.

Guys would go out for training in the Brecons with a plastc box full of red-hot home-made curry with them, including me. facepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Ten bus loads of armed Cambodians are Yingluks real secret weapon.

They can move around un noticed (apart from the Navy Seals who saw them but didn't report it or do anything)

With their totally different language, they can blend in with the population as well... esp with their darker skins, slighter frames and general non exposure to skin whitener, they can blend in with with the Middle classes on Demos.

CAPO asking for pics and FB awash with selfies and crowd shots. Nobody spotted on yet though.

Ten lorries entered Thailand from Cambodia eh. Should be easy to track, follow the line of broken down lorries; they must all be clinging to one truck by now!

They can move around un noticed (apart from the Navy Seals who saw them but didn't report it or do anything)

With their totally different language, they can blend in with the population as well... esp with their darker skins, slighter frames and general non exposure to skin whitener, they can blend in with with the Middle classes on Demos.

CAPO asking for pics and FB awash with selfies and crowd shots. Nobody spotted on yet though.

Ten lorries entered Thailand from Cambodia eh. Should be easy to track, follow the line of broken down lorries; they must all be clinging to one truck by now!

There are broken down lorries everywhere, how would you know which track to take?

Well, I was in the UK SAS Reserves (23 Regt) for 5 years a very long time ago, and I know what the training is like.

OH god, not another one.

Knob. Yes, I actually was. Some of us HAVE actually done it even if it was only the TA. But I doubt you'd understand the difference.

I won't give you my army number but here's a photo.

post-12849-0-69386400-1390473423_thumb.j

Edited by Mister Fixit
  • Like 1

I have a friend in Sattahip who is a Thai navy seal. A more considerate and polite person you couldn't meet. These people train hard, often with U S navy seals and their loyalty to Thailand and the risks they take, even in training, should not be trivialised.

Well, I was in the UK SAS Reserves (23 Regt) for 5 years a very long time ago, and I know what the training is like. However, some years back I was teaching a corporate class near Don Muang for a Government-related body. One of my students was something big in security and an ex-commando with the Thai army.

He told me that quite some years ago 20 Thai commandos were sent to Hereford to train with the regular SAS (22 Regt). They were back in Thailand after a week. It was too cold for them. They were sent to the Brecons in Wales during winter, (standard place for training Brits) where they froze. They were supposed to jump into a lake in November in full kit and bergen (backpack) and stay in the water for 5 minutes. They refused and were RTU'd (Returned to Unit) ie, sent back to Thailand in disgrace.

So I have some scepticism about your claim that they are that good. They may be good in Thai terms, but not THAT good.

Nice story. Based on here say from someone talking on a "corporate" training day. So many ex SAS and other special forces choosing to retire to Thailand these days.

You may also know, that the regular SAS, indeed 22 Regt., have trained in Thailand with Thai special forces. I know that some UK special force soldiers were here engaged in training their Thai counterparts in the early years of this decade. The suggestion, based on one story, that Thai special forces are somewhat inferior conflicts with what I know form that time.

I'm surprised that an ex-UK serviceman, albeit territorial, would simply accept the word of someone on a story like this. A story that never emerged in Britain, AFAIK.

Thai Navy Seals train with US Navy Seals whose strive for excellence is well documented. I would have thought they might have shared some training with the British SBS rather than an army unit in the past. Just a thought.

Hearsay is how it's spelt. Your spelling gives you away immediately.

Not a training DAY (where did you assume that from?), a training course over many weeks when I got to know him and the other students well. He'd give me a lift home sometimes and that's when he told me this. Don't forget it happened 25 + years ago, when he was still a young chap - he was 50+ when I met him.

And of course it wouldn't be reported in Britain. Why would it? It's the SAS and they don't go blabbing off about things like that, unlike this Thai Admiral chappie. If people fail selection, then it's never mentioned, they just quietly go back to their unit. The drop-out rate is extremely high and people don't get their noses rubbed in it, because they may return for another go and pass

Why would these guys who failed need to go with the SBS? They were sent to the SAS because they were ARMY commandos at the time, not Navy SEALS. Your wires are well crossed.

Wow, you certainly don't have much in the way of thinking processes, do you? You certainly don't read and process information well. Just like to make it up,and believe it's true because you thought it? laugh.pnglaugh.pngfacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Sh!t, I've just noticed I've liked one of your previous posts - must get new glasses ... biggrin.png

Edited by Mister Fixit
  • Like 1

Wonder how the SAS recuits in Wales would get on if they came here to train and were made to sit in the mess with everyone else and eat bowls and bowls of extra hot chillies three times a day. May be a few of them RTU'd too.

The British army trains in Brunei every year, not to mention Iraq and Afghanistan (probably hot enough without any chillis).

Your comparison doesn't quite fit though, because the UK MOD usually bills the home countries of foreign soldiers in UK training facilities (unless some other deal has been specifically arranged) for the cost of training.

This is why the candidates that foreign countries send to Dartmouth / Lympstone / Cranwell / Hereford / Sennybridge etc tend to be servicemen who have not only already passed selection and training in their home countries, but have also been deemed competent and experienced enough to attend and be virtually guaranteed to pass the training in the UK / USA / Australia or wherever so as not to lose face and waste the training fees that their home country will have fork out (despite this, however, there are always those candidates who get sent abroad and just don't seem to give a shit).

For example, a Thai Officer Cadet at Sandhurst has probably already been holding a Thai commission for at least 5 years and might be a Captain in the Thai army.

Unfortunately, I have been (a small) part of the selection process for Thai servicemen being sent on for additional training abroad and too often the most eligible candidate just can't speak enough English and the one who speaks good English just ... well ... speaks good English. I'll leave the other factors up to your imagination.

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 1

As a former member of the SAS, Navy Seals, Delta Force, GSG9, Spetznaz, the CIA, Mossad and French Foreign Legion (Catering Corps, Private, 3rd Class in all) and most importantly an ex World Champion UFC fighter (forced to retire after horrifically breaking a nail when stepping into the ring), I am forced to conclude that I am FAR more qualified to pass judgement on matters such as these than all you prissy oiks.

You're all wrong and I'm right. So there. Discussion closed.

As a former member of the SAS, Navy Seals, Delta Force, GSG9, Spetznaz, the CIA, Mossad and French Foreign Legion (Catering Corps, Private, 3rd Class in all) and most importantly an ex World Champion UFC fighter (forced to retire after horrifically breaking a nail when stepping into the ring), I am forced to conclude that I am FAR more qualified to pass judgement on matters such as these than all you prissy oiks.

No it isn't. From all I have seen here the SAS , Seals, Delta Force etc here must have the last word so it is obvious that they are all...GIRLSw00t.gif

• Like 1

I had a Gurkha on my Milan Det Commanders course back in the 80's in November at Netharavon, he was a gibbering wreck to the point he was just <deleted> useless!!

Trembly, the BritMil has been out of Iraq since 2008, and I wouldn't class Afghanistan as a training environment!!

I also believe that any foreign students attending RMA Sandhurst retain their rank as that of their country.

No it isn't. From all I have seen here the SAS , Seals, Delta Force etc here must have the last word so it is obvious that they are all...GIRLSw00t.gif

The point here is a commanding officer of these SEALS comes out starts talking about his men the role they play and accuses a foreign country of having active insurgents operating on thai soil. then goes on to berate and accuse the police of not doing their job when the forces here have a responsibility of securing the nation and safety of the people.

To me this seems not a little bit suspect in the timing when 3 SEALS have been caught fully armed at a checkpoint capable and trained to do exactly what hes accusing Cambodians of being here to do.

Im not buying this, the RTN used to be very very influential like the army is now, I think its trying to position itself as allied to the PCRD by seeking publicity and approval and thereby gaining influence. About as political as you can get and totally outside the remit of what his units are supposed to be for.

Disgusting behaviour really as it compromises his men and their ability to operate without attention, the opposite of what special forces units need to do their job.

Now if he'd have come to the press with proof and evidence of a successful SEAL operation that had foiled such a plan or thing then ok but this just looks to me like a cheap publicity stunt on behalf of the PDRC and very bad for the RTN image as far as neutrality is concerned.

• Like 2

I had a Gurkha on my Milan Det Commanders course back in the 80's in November at Netharavon, he was a gibbering wreck to the point he was just <deleted> useless!!

Trembly, the BritMil has been out of Iraq since 2008, and I wouldn't class Afghanistan as a training environment!!

I also believe that any foreign students attending RMA Sandhurst retain their rank as that of their country.

I'm well aware that Telic and Herrick are not training exercises. biggrin.png

To the DS he's an Ocdt whatever his 'real' rank is.

Edited by Trembly

There are broken down lorries everywhere, how would you know which track to take?

These are all painted black!

I have a friend in Sattahip who is a Thai navy seal. A more considerate and polite person you couldn't meet. These people train hard, often with U S navy seals and their loyalty to Thailand and the risks they take, even in training, should not be trivialised.

Well, I was in the UK SAS Reserves (23 Regt) for 5 years a very long time ago, and I know what the training is like. However, some years back I was teaching a corporate class near Don Muang for a Government-related body. One of my students was something big in security and an ex-commando with the Thai army.

He told me that quite some years ago 20 Thai commandos were sent to Hereford to train with the regular SAS (22 Regt). They were back in Thailand after a week. It was too cold for them. They were sent to the Brecons in Wales during winter, (standard place for training Brits) where they froze. They were supposed to jump into a lake in November in full kit and bergen (backpack) and stay in the water for 5 minutes. They refused and were RTU'd (Returned to Unit) ie, sent back to Thailand in disgrace.

So I have some scepticism about your claim that they are that good. They may be good in Thai terms, but not THAT good.

Nice story. Based on here say from someone talking on a "corporate" training day. So many ex SAS and other special forces choosing to retire to Thailand these days.

You may also know, that the regular SAS, indeed 22 Regt., have trained in Thailand with Thai special forces. I know that some UK special force soldiers were here engaged in training their Thai counterparts in the early years of this decade. The suggestion, based on one story, that Thai special forces are somewhat inferior conflicts with what I know form that time.

I'm surprised that an ex-UK serviceman, albeit territorial, would simply accept the word of someone on a story like this. A story that never emerged in Britain, AFAIK.

Thai Navy Seals train with US Navy Seals whose strive for excellence is well documented. I would have thought they might have shared some training with the British SBS rather than an army unit in the past. Just a thought.

Calm down Walter.

O K Shitfer !

To me this seems not a little bit suspect in the timing when 3 SEALS have been caught fully armed at a checkpoint capable and trained to do exactly what hes accusing Cambodians of being here to do.

Im not buying this, the RTN used to be very very influential like the army is now, I think its trying to position itself as allied to the PCRD by seeking publicity and approval and thereby gaining influence. About as political as you can get and totally outside the remit of what his units are supposed to be for.

Disgusting behaviour really as it compromises his men and their ability to operate without attention, the opposite of what special forces units need to do their job.

Now if he'd have come to the press with proof and evidence of a successful SEAL operation that had foiled such a plan or thing then ok but this just looks to me like a cheap publicity stunt on behalf of the PDRC and very bad for the RTN image as far as neutrality is concerned.

Firstly Rear Admiral Winai's 3 seals were caught and he said they were on drug investigation duty. Then he got criticized for that ludicrous claim.

Then he announces he's withdrawn the Navy Seals from their PDRC drug & guard duties. So it's confirmation he had more than those 3 there, and he's admitted they were acting as guards. So then he got criticised for taking sides and breaking the military neutrality rules.

So then he comes out with this story about foreign forces sneaking in from the east and blah blah blah.

So it was more than suspect, he just kept digging the hole, adding new bits as the flaws were pointed out. It's a pity the Navy cautioned against unauthorized comments, which shut him up, because if he'd been pushed a bit more, he might have done a full on Bluesky conspiracy rant and it would have been funny to watch.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 2

Not a training DAY (where did you assume that from?), a training course over many weeks when I got to know him and the other students well. He'd give me a lift home sometimes and that's when he told me this. Don't forget it happened 25 + years ago, when he was still a young chap - he was 50+ when I met him.

And of course it wouldn't be reported in Britain. Why would it? It's the SAS and they don't go blabbing off about things like that, unlike this Thai Admiral chappie. If people fail selection, then it's never mentioned, they just quietly go back to their unit. The drop-out rate is extremely high and people don't get their noses rubbed in it, because they may return for another go and pass

Why would these guys who failed need to go with the SBS? They were sent to the SAS because they were ARMY commandos at the time, not Navy SEALS. Your wires are well crossed.

Wow, you certainly don't have much in the way of thinking processes, do you? You certainly don't read and process information well. Just like to make it up,and believe it's true because you thought it? laugh.pnglaugh.pngfacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Sh!t, I've just noticed I've liked one of your previous posts - must get new glasses ... biggrin.png

Thank you for correcting my spelling. Were you teaching English spelling on your corporate training course? Always good to have a "spelling bee" about smile.png

I am very comfortable with my ability to think and process information and present it in a knowledgeable and academically acceptable way, when required. You should be more concerned about your ability to rationalize in a logical way. You seem to be saying:

Someone in his 50's who you knew for a short time told you a story based on his previous exploits as an army commando on a training course in the UK 25 plus years before. You chose to believe this story, which is fine, your decision. Based on this story, you suggest that the characteristics of this one small army group, from 25 years ago, are indicative of the competence and abilities of the Royal Thai Navy special forces of today. Nothing has changed much in the last 25 years, has it? facepalm.gif Sheer brilliance!! Have you any experience of designing research questions and models to test theories and hypothesis, identify considered variable impacts, in post graduate research? If so, you will instantly recognize the weakness in you logic. If not, try and think like this. One small group of soldiers, 25 years ago, is not necessarily indicative of all their peers at that time. So what chance to you think they would be indicative of their cross service counterparts 25 years later?

Thank you for calling me a liar (flaming and insults are against forum rules). This does not add credibility to your opinion, which you present as fact, although it does demonstrate an underlying insecurity in your statement's logic. The professional career soldiers who expressed their opinions about their Thai colleagues a few years ago were very experienced professionals and long time friends. I have no reason to believe they lied and their judgement would be based on facts rather than a propensity to bash something Thai. This thread is about the RTN special forces (try and concentrate). You introduced the link to the SAS/Army by suggesting that the exploits of a small group of Thai army commandos training in the UK with the SAS over 25 years ago would be an indicator of the proficiency of the Thai Navy special forces today. Again, a little illogical.

You can like or dislike my posts as you please. I usually base my judgement on the post's content rather than who wrote it. I wouldn't worry about checking your glasses, which may well be empty based on your logical reasoning; or your spectacles.wink.png You might want to check the bit behind the spectacles that processes the information read and hopefully converts it into knowledge and sometimes wisdom. That may be dysfunctional.

Foreign forces ???? This is getting wackier by the day. I can hardly wait to see

how everything turns out. I truly look forward to his evidence of " foreign " forces

brought in during the 2010 red shirt uprising. Wonder which side they were on... :-)

So if everything they do is a secret

Then there shall be some in solved murders or people disappearing

This really makes it difficult to know who is who

This is a civil war the Thais have their own army get out America you are not the world police

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

And if they had to do an operation to say free some hostages or part of a peace keeping force in the UN in far flung parts of the world like they have before ?

Come on even you can see the sense in a special forces unit being able to cope with ... well special or extreme conditions and perform, or they arnt special forces.

It dosnt really do to say im not getting in that cold water and i suspect it was a shock to find out what real special forces have to go through. Im sure they are great lads all the same and no doubt tip top in the jungle.

Precisely. SD should be operate anywhere, any time, although obviously someone from a hot country would find the going hard in eg, Scandinavia. However, the UK SAS, after passing Selection, go straight to the jungles of Belize for further training (and weeding out), so I do think the Thai SF should have stuck it out. Surely it's a matter of pride not to quit? I did my Selection in Kenya on the equator at Nanyuki and in the bush in that area, having trained in freezing Wales, so quite a contrast, and passed.

This chap was a particularly nice guy. I live in a village in Nothaburi which is packed wih ex and current branches of the Thai forces and they are excellent to a man. Very friendly, always a nice word.

My landlord is a retired Air Marshall, there's also a retired vice admiral, as well as a colonel, plus a current colonel with excellent English (son of the older colonel) and a couple of retired police generals etc. No crime in my Moo-ban! smile.png

Have you any experience of the current day training, skills and abilities of any of the Thai SFs ?

Or is all this guffawing simply based on the story someone told you about events that may have happened over 25 years ago? Nothing likely to have changed then?

Perhaps all this collection of senior military neighbors have revealed other stories too?

I was in Kachanabuei few years back and had a chance to visit the Marine base there and these are the same guys who police the border crossing on the border, so was shown around the unit as member of the unit was the 2 IC of the border guys and he took me down to visit his guys down on the border and also do a partrol to some islands off the coast that his marines are resposible for. not know to many but the navy oversea lots of small islands off the coast along this coast line , the pointagr being here that as we were crossing the border past trat - i saw a lot of Cambodian troops sitting around chatting, eating with the thai marines, dressed in the same uniforms, same arms, if i did not know about the army patches i would have thought that they were all thai marines but not true as they were mixed half and half and the Marine officer i was with told me that he was in charge of the cambodian troops in this area also and sometime up to many kms into cambodia also. makes it a lot easier to control areas along the border that way as was agreed to by both govts.. i would agree,,, so if i did not have in marine knowledge i would never have been able to pic who belonged to who apart from the language but i seldom heard them speaking loud so hard to tell what ever,, so no one else would be able to tell either,, so from what i saw a platoon or company of look alike troops would not turn an eye in bkk where there are always troop movements around --- leave that up to you guess this one.... say it as i saw it - and i am sure enough of the Kamer troops spoke enough thai to get by.

post-18019-0-78582800-1390766397_thumb.j