Nike has factories in Thailand

expatsupreme

I see on my Jordan shorts they are made in Thailand, same goes for Kobe stuff, from NIke, but you cant get that stuff in Thailand anywhere. Why???

That sucks so much. They rather use children to make stuff here, but sell only in USA, dam_n cockroaches

somebody knows where these factories are? SO maybe they sell it there or something?

Edited by expatsupreme
  • Like 1

Not so unusual.

The factories produce for overseas export only or at least most of.

Some of this stuff will never see a shop in Thailand.

Worst case: stuff is exported and then reimported smile.png

Just think about the factories in the really poor countries:

what kind of market is there for the high price stuff?

Thailand is different, as there is some buying power for the products.

We have an apparel factory about 25 km from here (NC Apparel) which produces for adidas.

(hard to verify in the internet btw.)

I guess I never saw an original adidas item in the local shops.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Unclear whether the OP wants a cheaper price on the goods he wants to buy or if he is concerned about the use of child labour.

As for branding (name on the shorts): I can assure you that Thailand enforces and supports brand copyright. wub.png

Adidas store Terminal 21, original and great quality. Use their shirts for the gym and washed 100 times with no fading and don't get all wet like cotton.

Factory outlets at Teprasit Road / Sukhumvit in Pattaya….

New Balance outlet at Siam Square...

Among others….

Unclear whether the OP wants a cheaper price on the goods he wants to buy or if he is concerned about the use of child labour.

As for branding (name on the shorts): I can assure you that Thailand enforces and supports brand copyright. wub.png

Get serious, the OP could care less about child labor. He's only concerned about saving a few satang buying stuff in Thailand. Because if he was serious, he'd contact Nike HQ directly and whine/whinge to those folks.

• Like 1

What do you mean by child labour? My girlfriend worked several factories and youngest employee was about 17 (but now the regulations are a minimum of 18). I don't think a 6 year old could run a sewing machine very well. This was in Ayyuthaya. With overtime she was making 15,000 a month and included her room. Okay job, just no time off and living in an industrial park.

She said that if you could get inside a factory, its the promised land for young, beautiful single girls dreaming of a falang.

Edited by Whereustay

You can buy Nike stuff at the Nike Factory Shop in Muang Thong Thani.

you can buy Adidas stuff at the Adidas factory outlet at Muang Thong Thani.

where is that for god sake, I doubt they sell all the Jordan, Kobe stuff to locals, come on, I go to malls in BKK and I see only few items from each big brand, you never see Jordan stuff, even less Kobe....

You get like 2 shorts in Adidas store, that look horrible, did not see Nike shorts at all

So yes I have to buy in on Ebay USA and you never know if that stuff is fake or not or how old it is

I once bought nike pants and they send me different with tag that were 10 freaking years old, he stored that junk 10 years, of course I claimed my money back

so here I want to buy HQ nike stuff for the same price Americans are getting it, or maybe little less, is that such a horrible thing to think?

They can use poor thais and give them cheap wage, but the stuff is not for them?

where is that for god sake, I doubt they sell all the Jordan, Kobe stuff to locals, come on, I go to malls in BKK and I see only few items from each big brand, you never see Jordan stuff, even less Kobe....

You get like 2 shorts in Adidas store, that look horrible, did not see Nike shorts at all

So yes I have to buy in on Ebay USA and you never know if that stuff is fake or not or how old it is

I once bought nike pants and they send me different with tag that were 10 freaking years old, he stored that junk 10 years, of course I claimed my money back

so here I want to buy HQ nike stuff for the same price Americans are getting it, or maybe little less, is that such a horrible thing to think?

They can use poor thais and give them cheap wage, but the stuff is not for them?

I would start by looking at the Nike Factory Outlet shop.

There's Addidas and Nike outlet stores in several locations. Pattaya has some. There's huge fairs put on selling the stuff , in Chonburi anyway. Them and other brands.

Bangkok, Chonburi Bang Na and Pattaya malls, King Power malls all have Nike and Addidas stores selling original stuff.

blink.png

What do you mean by child labour? My girlfriend worked several factories and youngest employee was about 17 (but now the regulations are a minimum of 18). I don't think a 6 year old could run a sewing machine very well. This was in Ayyuthaya. With overtime she was making 15,000 a month and included her room. Okay job, just no time off and living in an industrial park.

She said that if you could get inside a factory, its the promised land for young, beautiful single girls dreaming of a falang.

the beauties , i doubt, are toiling away inside a nike factory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many Factorys in Sahmut Sahkon , making every thing from Computers to Red Bull. Most done on the cheap, mainly buy Burmese. people who have to work at half the pay of the Thai people.They have been there for years. They are owned by Multy National Company's.

Have you ever tried to get a Thai kid to work? Link for child labor please.

There are many Factorys in Sahmut Sahkon , making every thing from Computers to Red Bull. Most done on the cheap, mainly buy Burmese. people who have to work at half the pay of the Thai people.They have been there for years. They are owned by Multy National Company's.

Honestly, I wouldn't know where to start this!

Honestly, I wouldn't know where to start this!

You could start by saying migrant labor is paid minimum wage plus room which is better than Thai people who get minimum but no room.

My girlfriend worked several factories and youngest employee was about 17 (but now the regulations are a minimum of 18).

-----

the beauties , i doubt, are toiling away inside a nike factory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually you're very very wrong.

Anywhere in Thailand you find a large concentration of young females anyone would be blown away by how many attractive ones there are, the Kingdom's reputation for female pulchritude is well deserved.

And it's only a small fraction of such young stunners that are willing or allowed to trade on their youth and beauty in any kind of explicit transaction, short of a genuine marriage with proper ceremony sin sot etc.

For those wanting to give it a go, no need to get inside the factories, just get to know the shift start/stop/lunch break timings and get to know the street food vendors in the area.

But your Thai better be very good, these lasses (and their parents) take a bit more charming than the Soi 6 slappers.

Plus of course you're competing in an environment where the girls are already making a decent wage (much more than minimum in many cases) plusrelative job security plus benefits plus overtime and career advancement possibilities plus sometimes VERY large annual bonuses.

One of my SOs was QC at a Western Digital plant, and over the course of a full year averaged out well over 30K.

Only reason she ended up with me is she let a bad batch through and got the sack, right when her younger sister was about to be sent off to school in Khorat.

--------

As I've posted elsewhere the most absolute-stunner pinup-quality TG I've ever bagged was working HARD labour on a building site hauling bricks up to the upper stories of a building site in a hod over her shoulder scrambling up bamboo scaffolding, and picking trash at night with her family.

Diamonds in the rough all over this part of the world, too many guys just limit themselves to places where they're guaranteed to only find ground glass.

Edited by wym

There's Addidas and Nike outlet stores in several locations. Pattaya has some. There's huge fairs put on selling the stuff , in Chonburi anyway. Them and other brands.

Bangkok, Chonburi Bang Na and Pattaya malls, King Power malls all have Nike and Addidas stores selling original stuff.

blink.png

At prices higher than US or Europe.

Don't know about Thailand, but the markets in Cambodia have genuine-brand merchandise available for tiny money, apparently sometimes foremen just run off extra batches of stock and divert them to the local markets.

Used to get excellent quality thick and soft all-cotton polo shirts 7 for $5, not too many years ago either.

• Like 1

Yes, there are very few true child-exploitation issues with international trade in Thailand, they've learned that doesn't pay.

Now parents pulling their kids out of school to work the rice fields, goes on all the time - I suppose people here think that's exploitation too?

• Like 1