NACC set to charge PM Yingluck over rice scheme after election

webfact

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder how many of the posters here really give a hoot about politics and alleged corruption?

Or is this just another "hate the rich" thread??coffee1.gif

Yes I do and no it isn't.

How can anyone with half a brain support Thaksin unless of course you are a farmer in Isaan and the rice scheme coupled with ballot buying but I don't see those posters here. Amazing Thailand. I think some of you have been brainwashed by your Thai wives.

Suthep and Abhisit won't be MPs.

yeah of course Suthep is bowing out of politics after this. Did you really come down with the last shower. Do you really really honestly believe that?

Care to explain how they will be MPs if they're not standing in the election?

I thought that but wouldn't they still be party list MPs. I don't know about Suthep as he's left the party but maybe he can be brought back in. I don't know enough about Thai parliamentary procedure.

Of course it's always possible that Suthep may not want to go back. I don't suppose he needs to. He could just as easily not go back and just comment from the sidelines. I'm sure if he did reporters would print it particularly if it were inflammatory.

Wonder how many of the posters here really give a hoot about politics and alleged corruption?

How can anyone with half a brain support Thaksin unless of course you are a farmer in Isaan and the rice scheme coupled with ballot buying but I don't see those posters here. Amazing Thailand. I think some of you have been brainwashed by your Thai wives.

Is your post in reply to either soi41 or myself. I can't see the connection. Just asking.

"The National Anti-Corruption Commission has said charges over the controversial rice-pledging scheme are expected to be laid against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra after the February 2 general election."

More impetuous to win the election and implement the blanket amnesty bill, but what if the election is postponed?

yeah of course Suthep is bowing out of politics after this. Did you really come down with the last shower. Do you really really honestly believe that?

I thought that but wouldn't they still be party list MPs. I don't know about Suthep as he's left the party but maybe he can be brought back in. I don't know enough about Thai parliamentary procedure.

Of course it's always possible that Suthep may not want to go back. I don't suppose he needs to. He could just as easily not go back and just comment from the sidelines. I'm sure if he did reporters would print it particularly if it were inflammatory.

They are no longer party list MPs as parliament has been dissolved. The Democrats haven't registered for the election, so there will be no new Democrat party list MPs.

]

They are no longer party list MPs as parliament has been dissolved. The Democrats haven't registered for the election, so there will be no new Democrat party list MPs.

Ah yes of course the party list MPs are there as a proportion of the vote so if there's an election there won't be any Democrat party list MPs.

So my first thought seems to be correct. Thanks for that.

Why dont you go to Isaan or the North and find out? Then perhaps you may not ask such a stupid question.

AFTER the Election ???????????????? ...... whistling.gif

Yeah, that surprises me too.

I fully expected this initiative by the anti-democrats to be used to assist them in their objective of nullifying and/or diluting of democracy to their advantage. At the very least, to use it as a cornerstone for the coup-mongers in their quest to eliminate this elected Govt. and the elections they cannot win. Using the military wont fly Internationally, so this user-friendly Judiciary is much better cover. That was probably their intention when submitting this thing to the NACC originally.

Perhaps this after-the election thing may also be simply a realization that attempts to delay or cancel the elections is not in the cards, and they are preparing initiatives to be taken afterwards. That may answer the question posed in the above quote.

Agree or not, the electoral majority of the UDD/RS/PTP see this NACC and CC as simply an extension of these anti-Democrats. Trying to characterize them as judicial normalcy by the Elite only speaks to that side of the political divide and serves their purposes very clearly....The UDD/RS/PTP will point out a litany of historical facts to support their view, if asked.

myself i don't care as long as it gets rid of Taksin and his evil clan and rest. Anything is better than this government and if it means fighting fire with fire so be it. At last some have decided enough is enough and started playing by rules Taksin laid down. And please don't give me that BS about democracy. Taksins regime has nothing to do with democracy or even whats good for Thailand or its people and as is obvious to any except most brainwashed and naive. Even Taksins own supporters only argument is well others are as bad let me assure you after 30+ years here no the others have never ever been as corrupt and evil as Taksin and his lot.

Won't she be able to claim parliamentary immunity?

If so, couldn't Suthep/Abhisit . . . ? It's got to run both ways . . .

even if he does not he's not going to have all his family ion every possible position and then ruin away like a coward and cause mayhem as in 2010 from a distant land while sipping champers and his family go shopping in europe

How can anyone with any moral sense support Taksin or any of his cronies You might as well support Mugabwie or pol pot or any like that. People really are stupid or totally brainwashed or just pig ignorant

Yeah, that surprises me too.

I fully expected this initiative by the anti-democrats to be used to assist them in their objective of nullifying and/or diluting of democracy to their advantage. At the very least, to use it as a cornerstone for the coup-mongers in their quest to eliminate this elected Govt. and the elections they cannot win. Using the military wont fly Internationally, so this user-friendly Judiciary is much better cover. That was probably their intention when submitting this thing to the NACC originally.

Perhaps this after-the election thing may also be simply a realization that attempts to delay or cancel the elections is not in the cards, and they are preparing initiatives to be taken afterwards. That may answer the question posed in the above quote.

Agree or not, the electoral majority of the UDD/RS/PTP see this NACC and CC as simply an extension of these anti-Democrats. Trying to characterize them as judicial normalcy by the Elite only speaks to that side of the political divide and serves their purposes very clearly....The UDD/RS/PTP will point out a litany of historical facts to support their view, if asked.

myself i don't care as long as it gets rid of Taksin and his evil clan and rest. Anything is better than this government and if it means fighting fire with fire so be it. At last some have decided enough is enough and started playing by rules Taksin laid down. And please don't give me that BS about democracy. Taksins regime has nothing to do with democracy or even whats good for Thailand or its people and as is obvious to any except most brainwashed and naive. Even Taksins own supporters only argument is well others are as bad let me assure you after 30+ years here no the others have never ever been as corrupt and evil as Taksin and his lot.

Go ahead with the February 2 elections, Yingluck. Your days are numbered anyway. You can be the democratically elected PM until they throw you in jail.

since when did millionaires go to jail here, the Red Bull kid is still running around free. They dont and she will not.

Everything has a beginning.

Let's start from her first?

Ok..I know (in my dreams). cheesy.gif

Does that therefore mean that the PM is no longer an MP and therefore cannot be PM?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

She is the caretaker PM.

So, let's make some assumptions.

The election goes ahead

PTP wins

28 seats not filled

Who is PM?

Being charged over her complicity in the rice scheme corruption will be the least of her worries. With the precedent clearly set(by her own govt) to charge sitting PMs for premeditated murder in a personal capacity for any deaths caused by state officials during riots or civil unrest, she will have 9 premeditated murder charges to deal with first. She will not get out of prison until she is about 360 years old so will be in no fit state to stand trial for policy corruption at that age.

If she is charged, she should just follow coward Suthep's lead an start a protest group to avoid it like him. Suthep has managed to cause problems for the people of BKK with his 20 supporters, just imagine what YS could not with 15 million.

Do you think the rice farmers and theirs families, whom hasn't got paid will walk with her? Keep on dreaming.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is this the rice farmers heading to Bangkok we keep reading are on there way, and then the next day on there way, and then next day on there way etc etc

I have no problem with this Government departing, but the only way for Thailand to have an element of stability going forward is for it to be at the ballot box, and if what i keep reading here, it would be mighty close should the opposition choose to participate.

It's the rice farmers that the government hasn't paid for 3 months.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Does that therefore mean that the PM is no longer an MP and therefore cannot be PM?

She is the caretaker PM.

The election goes ahead

PTP wins

28 seats not filled

Who is PM?

Yingluck will still be care-taker PM, until such time as enough seats are filled, parliament can be convened, and a new PM elected.

• Like 1

I did think on reading the title "Why not now". However reading the OP it suggest evidence is still being gathered.

Well that's not quite true either. What the OP said was that the NACC needed more evidence. That is not the same as more evidence is being gathered. If no more evidence can be gathered the "case" will collapse.

So let's wait and see if more evidence is gathered as obviously they do not have enough to do so now. Hence the "after the election quote" is quite significant.

I suspect the dems are all over themselves at the moment scrabbling for bits of dirt to throw in the hope that something sticks, their usual M.O.

She is the caretaker PM.

The election goes ahead

PTP wins

28 seats not filled

Who is PM?

Yingluck will still be care-taker PM, until such time as enough seats are filled, parliament can be convened, and a new PM elected.

I don't think so.....

Until the party list votes are added up and finalised I don't see any party list seats being filled.

It wouldn't be constitutional to put some in and leave others out

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Being charged over her complicity in the rice scheme corruption will be the least of her worries. With the precedent clearly set(by her own govt) to charge sitting PMs for premeditated murder in a personal capacity for any deaths caused by state officials during riots or civil unrest, she will have 9 premeditated murder charges to deal with first. She will not get out of prison until she is about 360 years old so will be in no fit state to stand trial for policy corruption at that age.

If she is charged, she should just follow coward Suthep's lead an start a protest group to avoid it like him. Suthep has managed to cause problems for the people of BKK with his 20 supporters, just imagine what YS could not with 15 million.

Calling Suteb a coward when your own dearly beloved fugitive leader ran away like a little girl and is hiding out in Dubai because the judge refused to accept his bribe and acquit him is rather an erroneous statement to most....And Suteb has more like at least 10 milllion supporters round the country who want the criminal government removed post haste and those supposed '15 million' who support PT ( how many were real supporters and how many were bought / bribed / faked by the fraudsters ? ) are dwindling daily. The courts should take her passport now so she can't run away so easily. Mwuhahahaha. She should have been impeached at least a year ago anyway...

• Like 1

I did think on reading the title "Why not now". However reading the OP it suggest evidence is still being gathered.

Well that's not quite true either. What the OP said was that the NACC needed more evidence. That is not the same as more evidence is being gathered. If no more evidence can be gathered the "case" will collapse.

So let's wait and see if more evidence is gathered as obviously they do not have enough to do so now. Hence the "after the election quote" is quite significant.

I suspect the dems are all over themselves at the moment scrabbling for bits of dirt to throw in the hope that something sticks, their usual M.O.

"I suspect the dems are all over themselves at the moment scrabbling for bits of dirt to throw in the hope that something sticks, their usual M.O."

And, I suspect, were the circumstances miraculously reversed, that the PTP would be all over themselves using an identical M.O. No?

It sounds like you really dislike Suthep. Did he do something to you personally?

In reply to *83 post:

The Demorats are not the only ones "throwing dirt" that this government has left behind in its 'dirty' deals, programs and its attempt at a few more.

By the DSI's own admission there are a huge number of corruption charges/investigations that they need to address. Many of these have been brought to the attention of the public by whistle blowers who are employed/involved in the system. Some of this info has been attempted to be ignored/covered up and the Democrats as the opposition are tasked to use the check and balance system as it exists.

That is not to say that 'attaboys' should not part of their duty to the public, but this government has done virtually nothing, nada, zilch, for any of their programs to be applauded. The claims of success have come from brother, the PM, her cabinet, pro PTP MPs, etc and are and continuing to be exposed as falshoods, not little white lies as so often claimed.

It is sticking, some people are blind...

If Suthep is guilty of what your opinion says

then lets hope a new governemt will but them both on trial

and if one of them gets off, will you report to the police for written Libel