Six measures announced by CMPO chief Chalerm

webfact

· post-9891-0-20964500-1390480470_thumb.jp post-9891-0-73488200-1390480481_thumb.jp

" I certainly do not drink all the time. I have to sleep you know

· Twas a woman who drove me to drink. I never had the courtesy to thank her.

· Now don't say you can't swear off drinking; it's easy. I've done it a thousand times.

I exercise extreme self control. I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast"

wcfields

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No mention of curbs on sales of ear medicine? Strange.

The 26th of Jan I believe No Alcohol sales ... " early voting" ???? ... Anybody else hear this ??

WOW, that is what I would call a real State of Emergency!!

Thailand is on the brink of disaster, and your main concern is your daily fix!!whistling.gif

The 26th of Jan I believe No Alcohol sales ... " early voting" ???? ... Anybody else hear this ??

WOW, that is what I would call a real State of Emergency!!

Thailand is on the brink of disaster, and your main concern is your daily fix!!whistling.gif

cheesy.gif " Brink Of Disaster" Your such a Drama Queen , No not a Daily Fix .. Sunday BBQ on the Beach with some Friends .... clap2.gif

I find it very telling that almost every comment in this post focuses on Chalerm's boozing problem.

What might be surprising to some is the fact that his fellow Thai countrymen do exactly the same thing, i.e. waving off virtually everything he says or announces as coming from the mouth of a "khon kee mao".

This chronic "ear infection" patient has obviously lost every ounce of credibility, respect and trust even among a broad majority of his own people.

From that perspective it's quite flabbergasting - and in my opinion outright dangerous - that "Chalerm the Tippler" should've been appointed by the caretaker government to such a powerful (and responsible!) position as head of the CMPO.

To put it mildly, the man's a lose cannon fueled by plonk, and nothing good can come from this.

Putting Chalerm in charge would tell speak volumes about Yingluck's competency and vows to seek a peaceful resolution to the crisis, but of course she's not the one in charge thought she may end up paying the consequences nonetheless.

Dear YK,s competency has never been in question....she is not and never has never been competent, except shopping for new shoes

The shins need a scape goat for when this all falls apart and Chalrem is said scape goat, granted a slightly tipsy one, they can put him in jail and as long as he gets his regular ear medicine he will not care

• Like 1

What a bunch of nonsense. And now we know what Chalerm was dreaming about in class when all the other kids called him stupid. What in the world is the difference between a legal demonstration and an illegal demonstration? How can one legislate against more than five people at one time in a city of ten million ? And how can that possibly be enforced when the international media is told that the police will not interfere with the demonstrations ? Chanting ? Number two is the big one, because - far from what the administration has been plugging - the unrest on the streets is the last thing on their minds. It's the free media itself. Since when in the history of the printed word has anything printed ever caused public panic ? Just exactly what does public panic look like anyway ? Does it come dangerously close to resembling Thai TV drama ? The distortion of information must be a particular favourite of Chalerm, because no ones seems to come closer to mind than he in the delving of it. Perhaps he can offer lessons. One can only guess that naughty stories like the Thai Navy Cambodia story fall into the category of distortion because they contradict the administration line so profoundly as to capsize the whole thing. So newspapers take note. It's basically going to be handling subjects like the weather. Because anything more will result in public panic. And when people experience panic, they are far less likely to vote Pheu Thai. What is so profoundly pathetic is that Thailand - which has had thousands of history and evolution behind it, has finally someone like Chalerm come along and show society what it has been doing wrong all along. And - in the words of Gilbert and Sullivan - " he's got a little list ".

• Like 2

Dear YK,s competency has never been in question....she is not and never has never been competent, except shopping for new shoes

The shins need a scape goat for when this all falls apart and Chalrem is said scape goat, granted a slightly tipsy one, they can put him in jail and as long as he gets his regular ear medicine he will not care

Chalerm could head over to Dubai, couldn't he?

Sit himself in a hotel lobby bar all day long drinking himself stupid wondering where the boss is!

News publicity and distribution of newspapers and other publications that will cause public panic or distort information about the emergency situation affecting the peace and order and good morality cannot be done.

Someone is going to have to explain "good morality" to Chalerm, neither he or anyone in his family know what it is.

• Like 1

Well, the way I see it...we own a bar and we are Democrats and Democrats are boycotting the elections, so we'll just keep selling booze ;-)

On a serious note (even though it is very difficult, talking serious, in a forum discussing Khun Chalerm) No, only election day, nobody is allowed to sell booze.

Edited by kurtgruen
  • Like 1

Chalerm could head over to Dubai, couldn't he?

Sit himself in a hotel lobby bar all day long drinking himself stupid wondering where the boss is!

if sitting a bar in Dubai, he can say " do you know who I am" to his hearts content because the answer will be the same ....".we give up who ARE you ??"

It's quite clear who the real fascists are, and have been for a long time. Heil Thaksin!!

Nearly right

SEPTEMBER 23, 2010 (New York) - Five months after violent clashes between anti-government groups and state security forces, the Thai government still uses emergency powers to suppress fundamental human rights, Human Rights Watch said today................. ..................The Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation ("Emergency Decree") allows Thai authorities to carry out extended detention of suspects without charge; deny information about those detained without charge; use unofficial detention facilities, where there are inadequate safeguards against possible abuse in custody; and impose widespread censorship. While implementing the Emergency Decree, officials have effective immunity from prosecution for most acts they commit. "If the Thai government has a legitimate reason to use the Emergency Decree, it should publicly justify it with hard facts," said Sophie Richardson, acting Asia director at Human Rights Watch. "Instead the government continues to enforce the draconian emergency powers and violate basic rights." http://www.hrw.org/news/2010/09/22/thailand-lift-emergency-decree
  • Like 2

Six measures announced by CMPO chief Chalerm

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, the chief of the Centre for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO), Thursday announced following measures:

3. The use of transportation routes and vehicles are prohibited in line with orders of the CMPO chief.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-01-23

This seems very broad. What do they mean (except stopping rice farmers to go to Bkk)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by pmugghc

Must admit, I laughed my head off, what's the chance of them successfully enforcing these. Only thing I can think of is that when they finally get the situation under control, if ever, and it's over they will be able to indict all sorts of people for breaking these laws. It just gives them a legal angle to implement their absurdity and pretend that the law now suddenly counts for them.

Must be ear medicine o'clock

What the hell is all this ear medicine shit that keeps regurgitating?

Is that all you can come up with? guys got a bad ear?

A year or so ago, Chalerm's excuse for appearing drunk in parliament was that he had taken ear medicine and that made him tipsy.

It's quite clear who the real fascists are, and have been for a long time. Heil Thaksin!!

Nearly right

SEPTEMBER 23, 2010 (New York) - Five months after violent clashes between anti-government groups and state security forces, the Thai government still uses emergency powers to suppress fundamental human rights, Human Rights Watch said today................. ..................The Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation ("Emergency Decree") allows Thai authorities to carry out extended detention of suspects without charge; deny information about those detained without charge; use unofficial detention facilities, where there are inadequate safeguards against possible abuse in custody; and impose widespread censorship. While implementing the Emergency Decree, officials have effective immunity from prosecution for most acts they commit. "If the Thai government has a legitimate reason to use the Emergency Decree, it should publicly justify it with hard facts," said Sophie Richardson, acting Asia director at Human Rights Watch. "Instead the government continues to enforce the draconian emergency powers and violate basic rights." http://www.hrw.org/news/2010/09/22/thailand-lift-emergency-decree

So how does that make chalerm any less a bully boy, heavy handed, intolerant thug? Edited by Bluespunk