Suthep will be arrested soon, should surrender to avoid violence: Chalerm

Lite Beer

"Tarit yesterday also warned people not to take part in the protests, saying they could be regarded as violating the law or could end up clashing with police.

He said ordinary protesters would be also deemed to have violated the law under the state of emergency. He said that by attempting to interrupt an election, they could face a jail term of up to 10 years."

Ah, another fascist having his moment. Who let PT's pit bull loose?

Still the protesters should know by now that exercising your democratic right to protest is a crime in PT's eyes (if they are the ones you object to that is).

protesting is not a crime, but BLOCKING someone from foting is. Get your facts straight.

Read the first paragraph.

• Like 1

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Tarit yesterday also warned people not to take part in the protests, saying they could be regarded as violating the law or could end up clashing with police.

He said ordinary protesters would be also deemed to have violated the law under the state of emergency. He said that by attempting to interrupt an election, they could face a jail term of up to 10 years."

Still the protesters should know by now that exercising your democratic right to protest is a crime in PT's eyes (if they are the ones you object to that is).

Under the constitution, isn't the SOE illegal?

No, people keep forgetting that it was a retired judgewho offered his unsolicited opinion that it was illegal; but the cc has not ruled on it.

I wasn't referring to what the judge said, but what the law says.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/698726-former-chief-judge-says-state-of-emergency-declaration-unlawful-thailand/page-3#entry7332705

The law says "the PM, with Cabinet approval", can issue emergency decree. Which makes it debatable if caretaker govt can do it.

"Chalerm, an outspoken veteran politician with a background in the police force, said he was unsure whether the arresting police officers would take recourse to an extrajudicial killing in case of armed resistance."

Spoken by a man with a PhD in law who knows what he is talking about on the subject of extrajudicial execution. Armed resistance is easily provided in the form of a recently fired rusty .38 clasped in the victim's hand, port mortem.

• Like 1

In other words if we cant get to him to arrest him we will kill him.

And likely anyone around him.

But of course Chalerm wont be there he hasn't got the guts to stand up to anything but a microphone.

sort of like saying "two words, predator drone"

The CMPO yesterday resolved at its meeting to seek arrest warrants for 16 protest leaders of the PDRC starting tomorrow. In all, the number of protest leaders wanted by the authorities is now 58

Maybe one of the protesters got the names of other protest leaders and submitted them to the CMPO.

Well they've been saying that Suthep is going to be arrested for ages now but nothing happens.

Thankfully Chalerm's back and seems to have it all under control!

Now he only needs to find a tough crack shot police team willing enough to head up the arresting squad and run the gauntlet with Suthep's body guards!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Chalerm in control of the drinks cabinet I think you mean.

Under the constitution, isn't the SOE illegal?

No, people keep forgetting that it was a retired judgewho offered his unsolicited opinion that it was illegal; but the cc has not ruled on it.

I wasn't referring to what the judge said, but what the law says.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/698726-former-chief-judge-says-state-of-emergency-declaration-unlawful-thailand/page-3#entry7332705

The law says "the PM, with Cabinet approval", can issue emergency decree. Which makes it debatable if caretaker govt can do it.

No point askint CC. They are all just running around like headless chicken trying to regroup and push ahead with the coup.

Meanwhile in the real world, EC and CC are just proving on the world stage how in bed with Suthep they are. Every judgement [sic] every doddery old has been they stick in front of a camera hurts the cause of the coup.

All these old school guys have never had anybody critisise them before and are not used to it. They still fully expect that in 2014 they can pull off a coup and get back at the trough and nobody will stand in their way.

Well, today, many voters stood up to what is left of the mob. If the EC hadn't complied with Sutheps wishes, many cold have stayed open.

Lets look at this positively though. I see this as day one when real BKK people started to come out and call time on the mob. All power to them

So you believe these fascist thugs have a "democratic right" to stop others enjoying their democratic right to vote?

GET A LIFE

Let's hope Chalerm's negotiations with Suthep won't drag on as long as his similar negotiations with the killer of crime buster, Sgt Suwichai, whose cold blooded murder was witnessed at point blank range at the Twenty Pub by Chalerm's son, Duangchalerm, now a police pistol instructor. Looking back at this quote from The Nation in 2000, Chalerm's negotiations with the mystery killer "Puet" seem to have been going on for nearly 14 years without any sign of a breakthrough.

"Chavalit's secretary, Maj Gen Sornchai Montreewat, said Chalerm was negotiating with the person he claims is the real killer - referred to only as "Puet" - about surrendering before Duangchalerm turns himself in to police."

• Like 2

So you believe these fascist thugs have a "democratic right" to stop others enjoying their democratic right to vote?

GET A LIFE

Jesus! For about the 15th time no I don't. Read all the posts on a thread before throwing abuse about.

• Like 1

I don't know where he gets 10 years from. Sect 76 of 2007 Organic Act on Elections (etc) specifies between 1 - 5 years imprisonment for stopping a vote going into the polling place or otherwise preventing them from voting. Maybe there's another law I'm unaware of.

Anyway, no one who supported CRES in 2010 continually announcing that ordinary red shirt protesters would receive 2 years in jail for violating the emergency decree can really criticize Chalerm or Tharit here. I was critical of the emergency decree then, as I am now. I don't agree with it. I've little sympathy for those who try to disefranchise people though - if they block voters, they deserve to get the book thrown at them. They have the right to peacefully protest at the polling stations but not to block people.

Sorry to say that I think you live in a fantasy world if you believe that Chalerm knows anything about the law. Well, maybe that's too strong. His definition of law is whatever he wants it to be, so by that definition he is an expert. It's sad that Chalerm and the government are threatening to kill people now, sad and not surprising unfortunately.

Caretaker Labor Minister Pheu Thai Party Member of Parliament Police Captain Doctor Chalerm has a PhD from the Law Faculty of Ramkhamhaeng University.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/AROUND-CAMPUSChalerm-a-PhD-to-be-53620.html

Edited by tsnyder

Been in church for 4 hours today praying for peace I can not believe that no one else see it is duty to the same

Why?

Because Peace is important to everyone

and of cause with JC anything is possible

I don't think JC is going to sort this shit out.

• Like 1

well if his so called bodyguards produce any type of weapon and threaten police doing their job then the police are totally justified in using force to protect themselves even if there is a requirement to esculate to deadly force.

I can see the stupid smirk on the idiot Suthep's face as he tells his people "Don't worry it will never happen, I sent a letter to the President of the U.S and he will be order a strike against Yingluk at any moment. Obama is united with our cause.

Eel that wouldn't be extra judicial would it.

Of course I wouldn't presume that a legal genus like lerm wouldn't get it. Maybe he considered his sons actions of "capping one in the cranium" to be an extra judicial killing.

Common mistake....

Definitely not. Been there done that.

In other words if we cant get to him to arrest him we will kill him.

And likely anyone around him.

But of course Chalerm wont be there he hasn't got the guts to stand up to anything but a microphone.

"But of course Chalerm wont be there..."

Why should he be, he's not a police officer?

You'll see Police Captain wedged in there amongst his abridged titles in the preceding post.

Pretty reasonable - Suthep and his cohorts have said enough to hang themselves. Time to go to the monkey house. However being filthy rich and corrupt - they won't see prison anytime soon after all this is thailand. giggle.gif

I doubt that Suthep will even see the police station. He will be taken to the temple by the sounds of it.

"I don't know if there will be extrajudicial killings. I will not be among the arresting officers. But whatever will happen or if there may be loss, people should understand that the police will use their good judgement," Chalerm said.

Wtffffffffff?

Same judgment when all the so called drug dealers were killed?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Let's hope Chalerm's negotiations with Suthep won't drag on as long as his similar negotiations with the killer of crime buster, Sgt Suwichai, whose cold blooded murder was witnessed at point blank range at the Twenty Pub by Chalerm's son, Duangchalerm, now a police pistol instructor. Looking back at this quote from The Nation in 2000, Chalerm's negotiations with the mystery killer "Puet" seem to have been going on for nearly 14 years without any sign of a breakthrough.

"Chavalit's secretary, Maj Gen Sornchai Montreewat, said Chalerm was negotiating with the person he claims is the real killer - referred to only as "Puet" - about surrendering before Duangchalerm turns himself in to police."

Any government with Chalerm in it is by definition morally bankrupt.

Every Thai over 30 knows the above story, which makes the inclusion of Chalerm in any government abhorrent. Only those with absolutely no shame could include such a figure.

• Like 1

I shall believe it when I see it happen .

Suthep and fellow leaders should have been arrested and imprisoned for insurrection long ago .

However it is known that he has an armed bodyguard surrounding him . Chalerm is saying it is time for action , but that if armed bodyguards open fire on

the police , the police will return fire and people may get hurt or killed . There must be a discreet way to arrest him , the police need some SAS advice

on the method and timing , perhaps an element of surprise .

moonao is all over it

its easy, cordon off the area, roll in the tear gas and send a police unit in with tasers and stun batons, backed up with rubber bullet snipers. Aresst this low life scum and put him behind bars where he belongs.

If Chalerm can't do it, give the assignment to me, ill have Suthep in custody in less than 1 hour.

Best Keyboard Warrior Post of the Month!

post-198911-0-01408200-1390719989.jpg

Edited by tsnyder

so this idiot gives a wanted criminal a new passport and refuses to issue an arrest warrant for him, visits him regularly and now he wants suthep to surrender to police even though he has said he will do so as soon as the protests finish, what a hypocritical moron.

• Like 1

Pretty reasonable - Suthep and his cohorts have said enough to hang themselves. Time to go to the monkey house. However being filthy rich and corrupt - they won't see prison anytime soon after all this is thailand. giggle.gif

What about the people who actually want to vote? The message to them is that there may be violence so don't vote. Comments like this scare voters away from the polls, the exact opposite of what YL wants.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hope they all will be forced to swallow their stupid whistles at the same time they are arrested... Should be obvious by now that Suthep is afraid of an election because all of those whistle blowing sheeple know deep inside that they are NOT representing the majority of the Thai people as they claim. Actually all owners of tourism-related business should sue the $#it out of that ignorant tosser and his followers for ruining a complete season. Intimidating and threatening people who want to use their democratic right to vote is anarchy, not more, not less.

Edited by catweazle

A government is responsible to its electorate. This government (or the one now under the control of caretaker Yingluck) has shown no responsibility to the Thai people at all. The only purpose of the government has been to bring back fugitive Thaksin.

Hence the need for those who understand to demonstrate for a better future.

• Like 2

" I don't know if there will be extrajudicial killings. I will not be among the arresting officers. "

This speaks the man who is not only overseeing but has apparently assumed complete control of the operations of the police, and now appears to be threatening an atmosphere of vigilantism. This is the man to whom we have now entrusted to enforce the rights of the Thai people for free and peaceful expression ? This is the man who will allow his police force to trust their now apparently " discretionary " power - to protect the public from the sound of whistles ? This is the man who has for over two months now threatened Suthep's " imminent " arrest, and has had to bide his time cooking up and piling up a cornucopia of charges to keep himself busy and looking tough ? Chalerm's now run out of charges, and has had to reinvent ever new ones, after his hard thought-out slogan " Returning Happiness to Bangkokians " didn't quite pan out. Chalerm will doubtless be soon teaming up with James T. Kirk to additionally charge Suthep with " posing a grave threat to the security of our Solar System ".

It seems the endgame may be a brutal one. No less than 58 leaders are threatened with arrest. And the administration continues to plug the line that protests in fact are an illegal activity and should not be tolerated ( or at least in an authoritarian atmosphere ). As Chalerm unleashes the " discretionary " powers of the police, he will unwittingly set forth a new dynamic. He must know that the army will not stand idly back if the people on the streets are perceived to be under attack. He surely knows he cannot play that card. So why inspire an atmosphere that would make that more likely ? Yingluck's election to bring the Thai people together it seems will end with an entirely different image entirely than what she had in mind, and Surapong may very well be actually refusing to recite a list of countries - the countries that condemn what could be a very public and violent pushback to free expression.

• Like 2