Advance voting in at least six constituencies cancelled

Lite Beer

More good PR for the MOB. Dear Obama. we are not intimidating or blocking elections.

You really want to see fascit mob rule, wait until we get in power.

More non intimidation and no violence. Communists as well.... and army. What a shambles.

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

How many times does it have to be pointed out that a person's choice of headgear or clothing doesn't necessarily indicate their political leanings? One person with a red star cap doesn't mean there exists a communist cell, active or sleeper.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More good PR for the MOB. Dear Obama. we are not intimidating or blocking elections.

More non intimidation and no violence. Communists as well.... and army. What a shambles.

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

I condemn all violence whether it is yellow against red or red against yellow. Would you do the same?

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

How many times does it have to be pointed out that a person's choice of headgear or clothing doesn't necessarily indicate their political leanings? One person with a red star cap doesn't mean there exists a communist cell, active or sleeper.

Context lacking so can't draw conclusions at all

No protestors blocking polling booths in Chiangmai.

How many people in the south that are being prohibited from voting would actually be voting for the reds anyway. Who are really the big losers in BKK and other southern regions.

There are plenty of other parties that they could be wanting to vote for.

Sent from my phone ...

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

The "good people" have come out to show their true colours. Is anyone really surprised. Let's see how this travels around the world

Can somebody confirm that the next parliament - if elections take place on 2 February - will not have enough members to form a majority and a government.

I understood at least 475 elected members have to show up and - as far as I know - this number will not be reached.

So why would the actual majority push so hard so that elections can take place if they will be useless anyway...or do I miss something?

The main opposition party did not register for the Feb 2 election. If it is cancelled and a new election called, they may register and stand a very good chance of winning, IMHO, as the incumbents are unable to meet rice payment commitments and more of their MPs (there are quite a few already) face serious charges and/or bans.

It is very unlikely that the Democrats would win an election at this stage, and if they did, these protests would pale in comparison to what would come.

Sent from my phone ...

Do you mean all those 1man1 vote, respect my vote type people wouldn't accept the results of a democratic election?

• Like 1

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

At the least he should be arrested by the Fashion Police. Those sandals...please, gag me with a spoon. And that bag...what a disaster!

And that chick? with the glasses (on the right)...get thee to a dentist, pronto!

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

The "good people" have come out to show their true colours. Is anyone really surprised. Let's see how this travels around the world

"NPSRT leader Suthin Taratin, former dir of New Politics Party, has been shot dead. the reports are saying red shirts"

​is any one really surprised ?

These pre elections could and should have been delayed..

• Like 1

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

Dear Barack

did you get my letter?

suthep

• Like 1

Another brave lady.

Be46M1uCUAAnSE4.jpg

Really anoyed the intellects here didn't she. Great pics today - all of them PR disaster for Suthep,

Twitter and media awash today. Mind you, there are no pics of the 6 million PDRC marchers.

Just small very thuggish convoys now.

Meanwhile Suthep raging against Elected Government. Raging aginst foreigners and press. Never mind. His mum and his backers still probably can just about stand him

• Like 1

Reports of a fatal shooting of NPSRT person outside a temple in BangNa in the last 30 mins or so ostensibly by Red Shirts. Any idea if there's polling stations near there or is this a separate clash?

EDIT: Wat Sri Iam or Wat Sri Aium, depending on source.

Funny how those "reports" already know who did it.

Don't know the details yet of what even happened, but we already know who did it.

Reports of a fatal shooting of NPSRT person outside a temple in BangNa in the last 30 mins or so ostensibly by Red Shirts. Any idea if there's polling stations near there or is this a separate clash?

Don't know the details yet of what even happened, but we already know who did it.

Hence my use of the word 'ostensibly'. Keeping a very close eye as it's a very short distance from where I'm staying.

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

You're right, but it's strange that in almost every pro-Suthep photo you can find communists, isn't it?

Combine that with an unelected "People's Council" and Suthep calling himself the "Secretary General of the PDRC" and you can draw your own conclusions.

09577a1b-b728-4339-bd3e-47757ffb368b-620

30207537-01_big.jpg

• Like 1

What a banana republic... Who is supposed to protect voters and make sure they exercise their right to vote?

Unbelievable.

The police are moving now on one mob.

The fascist spokesperson for PDRC is bleating on Twitter that they are being attacked. Big cheer went up all down Rama 3 area when MCOT showed the PDRC getting a kicking.

Might be a lot more of this if they not careful

It's about time. These Suthep protesters are small in number compared to the majority of Thais--even in Bangkok, one of their "bases,"--who want their right to vote. If the police will not turn back the protesters with restrained, non-lethal violence, then the ordinary citizens are going to have to. It won't take much to send the hi-so madams home crying over a hurt knee. Unfortunately, it will take a bit more with the hired thugs from the South...

aaaaaaah yet another clueless and stupid post stop trolling your boring......coffee1.gif

Don't you understand "ostensibly"? It wasn't suicide, claims of murder for sympathy are ludicrous, and the odds are way in favour of yet another political attack.

Chalerm said "He also speculated that the EC did not want the election to take place since it never asked the CMPO to provide security at the polling stations,"

Lets think CMPO = Center for Managing Peace and Order MAYBE just maybe the EC thought that security and peace and order was another departments job!!! So why ask.. Why didn't CMPO do their job?

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

You're right, but it's strange that in almost every pro-Suthep photo you can find communists, isn't it?

Combine that with an unelected "People's Council" and Suthep calling himself the "Secretary General of the PDRC" and you can draw your own conclusions.

09577a1b-b728-4339-bd3e-47757ffb368b-620

30207537-01_big.jpg

And high schools full of nazis. Call out the fashion police. On second thought, you had better not do that.

Im starting to fear more and more for the future of Thailand. The hater that is already rooted too deep in the hearts of Thai against their fellow citizens is escalating day by day and none of the former governments have done anything to stop this vicious spiral.

The growing popularity of the Northern based reds is reminding me of all things bad in association with red; the soviet red army, the Chinese red book and the Khmer rouge. All of these let to a ruthless genocide in the name of the people and after installing a peoples republic they all forget about their people and executed the perfect capitalistic regime a.k.a. communism.

The medieval cast society revered by so many hiSo Thai is outdated, unrealistic and plain stupid in this day and age. Those trying to a hold of it are dwindling in their numbers mostly of old age.

I see a bleak future and maybe even a civil war unless a whole new, younger generation finally steps up and disperses with the old dinosaurs.

But it's not the "reds" who want to install a "people's council". It's Suthep's "yellows":

30207537-01_big.jpg

You are right, the reds want no counsils, they push for 1 guy at the top.

Long live the Thai voters, who were not bullied or coerced, but went out to exercise their constitutional right to vote!!clap2.gif

They might not have been succesful in casting their vote today, but have shown the world, that long term there is a base for a true democracy in Thailand!!

Fighting for their right to vote! Well done guys!!thumbsup.gif

Nice post.. Brought a tear to my eye to be honest. (I'm outta likes though, lol)

• Like 1

Be43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

"NPSRT leader Suthin Taratin, former dir of New Politics Party, has been shot dead. the reports are saying red shirts"

​is any one really surprised ?

These pre elections could and should have been delayed..

A Tv-poster almost a sharp as Chalerm, who can solve crimes, even before they are committed!!clap2.gif

The election now and Feb 2nd is a waste of money again. If the voting is done in february it will be unlawful because of the lack of candidates or similar. The shinaclan is losing ground all the time.

Can somebody confirm that the next parliament - if elections take place on 2 February - will not have enough members to form a majority and a government.

I understood at least 475 elected members have to show up and - as far as I know - this number will not be reached.

So why would the actual majority push so hard so that elections can take place if they will be useless anyway...or do I miss something?

Their strategy anticipates that enough constituencies would complete the electoral process to demonstrate that PT has won the elections, since losing in all the outstanding constituencies would not affect the result. Then they become a caretaker government in waiting, rather than just hanging on to power. The EC will be under pressure to organise by-elections to allow the legitimately elected government to take office.

This will play very well with foreign media which seem to have become much more important to Thaksin since he has become an expatriate, compared to his time in office when he disdained objections from foreign media and the UN regarding his slaughter of alleged druggies and Muslims in the South.

Hope they don't bar you as this is exactly why fascism must be though. Mods. please leave this post here as it says so much about the paucity of argument on his part

getting better mate.

Always have a hand free to talk to you mate. Hope they don't bar you as this is exactly why fascism must be though. Mods. please leave this post here as it says so much about the paucity of argument on his part

getting better mate.

I know your other trolling handle so bye bye twice.

Meantime. A real force of protesters who want to vote have forced a polling station to open.

So as soon as the mob pass,. the voters get this one open.

Hope you enjoy the dying days of Sutheps Coups. It could be the last attemt ever, as they.... like you, are things of the past... fortunately

Be46HcUCAAExsRc.png

"pressed by the people, Director of Sai Mai District yielded to the demand and reopened the poll. Time is extended."

Edited by pipkins
  • Like 1

A couple of days ago Suthep told the press, that the protesters were going to use the Ahimsa (philosophy behind Gandhis non violence campaign) strategy in their protests!!post-137512-0-25455500-1390723778_thumb.

So I guess, what we are seeing here is the Thai version of Ahimsa!!w00t.gif

The peaceful Thai middleclass?? NO!! Paid pawns!!

The election now and Feb 2nd is a waste of money again. If the voting is done in february it will be unlawful because of the lack of candidates or similar. The shinaclan is losing ground all the time.

Their strategy anticipates that enough constituencies would complete the electoral process to demonstrate that PT has won the elections, since losing in all the outstanding constituencies would not affect the result. Then they become a caretaker government in waiting, rather than just hanging on to power. The EC will be under pressure to organise by-elections to allow the legitimately elected government to take office.

This will play very well with foreign media which seem to have become much more important to Thaksin since he has become an expatriate, compared to his time in office when he disdained objections from foreign media and the UN regarding his slaughter of alleged druggies and Muslims in the South.

yes and with the opposition boycotting the election it won't be too hard to win. In East Germany the SED also won all elections.

A couple of days ago Suthep told the press, that the protesters were going to use the Ahimsa (philosophy behind Gandhis non violence campaign) strategy in their protests!!attachicon.gifBe43gC1CQAA8Y1f.jpg

So I guess, what we are seeing here is the Thai version of Ahimsa!!w00t.gif

The peaceful Thai middleclass?? NO!! Paid pawns!!

What is the story to this picture.....It doesn't look real....

There will be blood now.

Red shirts killed a know passive protester. Of course with help from the police in giving them access with weapons of their choice.

The red shirts will pay dearly for this, masses are descending on the scene, it is showdown time.

Of course the cowardly reds will already be running like hell for their cowardly worthless lives.

I hope they catch as many as they can and make examples of them.

Pipkins must be wanking himself stupid at the moment.

oh, the smart set has arrived...

The Government should be more responsible and keep the bars open so this dross don'w wander on here.

With Chalerm at the helm, it´s bound for disaster but try to look through the other side of the looking glass... Who is there to enforce the law?

The cops? One of the most unprofessional policeforces in the world are running like headless chickens, too scared to do their mandate requires them to do, protect and serve.

The military? Whenever has the military been on anybody's side but its own?

There is no law enforcement, perhaps we should ask the politicians of respective parties to volunteer cleaning up the trash filled streets. happy.png

Edited by maxme

Looks like a polling station too far. The peace loving students were driving around closing poling statioins as you do on a peacful sunday.

The leader now saying they were heading to Bang Yai to close that one down. They return to base so the rest of Bang Na area can go about their business.

1 dead 10 other shot. They made some enemy today!

Long live the Thai voters, who were not bullied or coerced, but went out to exercise their constitutional right to vote!!clap2.gif

They might not have been succesful in casting their vote today, but have shown the world, that long term there is a base for a true democracy in Thailand!!

Fighting for their right to vote! Well done guys!!thumbsup.gif

The recent poll shows a majority of Thais in Bangkok favor postponement of the election. It's in the Post.

The right to vote is but one small part of a democratic society. Respect for the law and respect for minorities are major parts.

I respectfully disagree.

The right to vote is the very cornerstone of Democracy.

No vote No Democracy.

The whole world will witness this appalling display by PDRC supporters and will be in no doubt about their anti-democratic intentions.

It will be viewed with dismay and disgust by many.

Lets not forget though that the vast majority of pre-election polling has gone ahead with 66 out of 76 provinces being able to vote.

• Like 1