Deputy PM: 2 Feb election will go ahead despite obstruction of advance poll in some areas

Lite Beer

Deputy PM: 2 Feb election will go ahead despite obstruction of advance poll in some areas

BANGKOK, 26 January 2014 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovijakchaikul has announced that the government will issue arrest warrants for violators of the Emergency Decree and those who obstructed the advance poll on Sunday. Mr Surapong confirmed the election on 2 February 2014 will not be postponed.

The deputy premier said the government would hand down arrest warrants against the violators of the Emergency Decree and the Election Act this Monday. As for the election on 2 February, it would go as planned since as much as 90% of the advance poll today was able to take place, Mr Surapong said.

The deputy PM also urged the Election Commission (EC) to seek legal actions against the protesters who obstructed the advance poll and said all government units were ready to assist the EC in arranging the election.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-26 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With 70% of the polling stations closed. How could 90% of the advanced voters given their vote so early already?

I know?? They had their votes before today already prepared.

Tuesdays news. Landslide win for PTP in elections.

The people have won an outstanding victory for the PTP AND YL with 90% of votes choosing to keep the PTP in control of this country. YL states: I knew i would win.

What will happen next with Suthep and his protesters?

Heheehheeee!

:-):-):-):-[

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by thesetat2013
  • Like 2

You forget, the 100% successful pre voting throughout rest og thailand COUNT!! Sad that so many dems feel that Isaan and North/ central dont count!

What are you talking about.

The news said 45 out of 50 polling station close.

Eg 90% of the people cannot vote.

No government can represent only 10%of the people.

You forget, the 100% successful pre voting throughout rest og thailand COUNT!! Sad that so many dems feel that Isaan and North/ central dont count!

What are you talking about.

The news said 45 out of 50 polling station close.

Eg 90% of the people cannot vote.

No government can represent only 10%of the people.

45 out of 50 IN BANGKOK. There is a big country out there. In any event it is quite clear that many Bangkokians wanted to vote and have physically prevented from doing so.

• Like 1

I can't see it happening. This is the worst election that Thailand has ever organised the magority of Thais don't know the parties or the few candidates on the few posters hanging off the odd post. This is a one horse race, it's well known that these new parties are by products of the man in Dubai , therefore no opposition.

• Like 2

Yesterday the PM was offering to cancel the election and today one of the deputy PM's with its on again. This country being called a democracy is a crock. Dance little Yingluck dance... It is run by a peoples court convicted criminal in Dubai...and this is democracy? Pull the other tit..another election...and the circle starts again...round and round with stupidity...Thankfully it has the Army and a court system...timid court system that also needs reformed...

Do you buy the rethoric per the bottle at 7-Eleven??coffee1.gif

• Like 1

With 70% of the polling stations closed. How could 90% of the advanced voters given their vote so early already?

I know?? They had their votes before today already prepared.

Tuesdays news. Landslide win for PTP in elections.

The people have won an outstanding victory for the PTP AND YL with 90% of votes choosing to keep the PTP in control of this country. YL states: I knew i would win.

What will happen next with Suthep and his protesters?

Heheehheeee!

:-):-):-):-[

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No surprises and as to be expected. As I said before 90% could be counted because copies of the ballot were being circulated online WITHOUT the "sample" watermark! because the PTP were planning to manipulate the ballot box so they can meet the required 20% of registered voters' vote in a constituency.

When you have 78.52% of farmers that have not been paid for the 2013/2014 season with most being from the North and North East you can be assured the PTP will go to great lengths to manipulate the ballot so the depths of despair felt by the farmers, the feeling of being ignored, loaning money at extravagant interest rates by loan sharks does not translate into lost votes when the elections are rescheduled.

Get ready for some more magical figures over the next 6 hours.

If the election goes ahead next week and ballot boxes are closed and violence ensures, then as sure as the night follows day you hear the PTP state the elections were a great success and all violence was the responsibility of the EC (who said to postpone elections because there could be violence)

Edited by djjamie

Arrest warrants issued, people arrested, granted bail, and straight back to the protests. What does that achieve?

Perhaps PTP should construct a few concentration camps to hold their opponents. Somewhere out near the airport for the tourists to gawk at. No need for gas chambers yet, but crematoria might be handy for those who die during arrest, in custody or escaping (always a good one that). If the army are unwilling to man the towers, I'm sure the red militia will step up for a price.

New idea! with the lack of tourists, they could use the airport parking stations as confinement centres. They already have red guards.

Yep, that would be right up their alley. Then later, they can use all the gas chambers for all those evil Farang, who according to Thaskin "have bought up MOST of the land in Thailand and as a result, Thai people don't have enough to eat. That was his excuse after the failed attempt to switch to Biodiesel and Gasohol, using thousands of square kilometers to grow crops, only for fuel.

Pls learn to use commas correctly Kurt.

Your writing pisses me off.

-m.

English is not my first language, sorry.

It's better to be pissed off, than to be pissed on!

Is that better use of commas?

It's better to be happy, as opposed to being pissed off.

Now, what was your last message again?

-mel.

It must go ahead.Next weekend there will be many more polling stations and many more voters. Lets hope that the silent democratic majority will prevail.

The silent democratic majority has just opened their mouth

RT@Lerlaforever: Bluesky: A PDRC was shot death near Wat Sri Iam Temple by Red Shirts

RT@veen_NT: One dead from a clash near Wat Sri Aium and at least one injured as red shirt Samut Prakarn attacked NSPRT protesters. #bluesky

RT@Lerlaforever: CORRECTION according to Veena T, he was NSPRT protester, not PDRC

RT@veen_NT: Dr Rawee Maschamadolon told #BlueSky that PDRC was leaving the temple when the red group arrived and then they were attacked.

RT@veen_NT: Dr Rawee: Some protesters are still inside the temple, dare not come out. #bluesky

Yesterday the PM was offering to cancel the election and today one of the deputy PM's with its on again. This country being called a democracy is a crock. Dance little Yingluck dance... It is run by a peoples court convicted criminal in Dubai...and this is democracy? Pull the other tit..another election...and the circle starts again...round and round with stupidity...Thankfully it has the Army and a court system...timid court system that also needs reformed...

Yesterday I believe I also read that Suthep said "the protesters would not block the election but oppose it"...

When I look at the picture I am not sure who understood it wrong :blink:

What is sure is that these yellow thugs st the Chatuchak advance poll station seriously oppose those who want to have a democratic system :lol:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-12654-13907228350289_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A grammar police post has been removed as well as the replies. Misspellings and grammatical errors can make posts difficult to understand. However English is not always the first language of our members so don't waste space correcting other members' grammar and spelling where it isn't necessary.

It must go ahead.Next weekend there will be many more polling stations and many more voters. Lets hope that the silent democratic majority will prevail.

RT@Lerlaforever: Bluesky: A PDRC was shot death near Wat Sri Iam Temple by Red Shirts

RT@veen_NT: One dead from a clash near Wat Sri Aium and at least one injured as red shirt Samut Prakarn attacked NSPRT protesters. #bluesky

RT@Lerlaforever: CORRECTION according to Veena T, he was NSPRT protester, not PDRC

RT@veen_NT: Dr Rawee Maschamadolon told #BlueSky that PDRC was leaving the temple when the red group arrived and then they were attacked.

RT@veen_NT: Dr Rawee: Some protesters are still inside the temple, dare not come out. #bluesky

Nice. Now the kettle is red.

In a previous thread there were numerous complaints from the pro side about how Suthep keeps changing his mind and won't compromise.

Can I assume they will now see the hypocrisy going on here and complain about what's happening now?

• Like 1

Yesterday I believe I also read that Suthep said "the protesters would not block the election but oppose it"...

When I look at the picture I am not sure who understood it wrong blink.png

What is sure is that these yellow thugs st the Chatuchak advance poll station seriously oppose those who want to have a democratic system laugh.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Luckily your red crowd is so peaceful

Edited by JesseFrank

Your statement appears to have zero relevance to the tweets. There is nothing silent or democratic about gunshot murder of a political opponent, nor does shooting someone involve use of their mouth or even tiny brain. And IMHO, the majority would find such an action abhorrent, but apparently not you.