5 Russians Fall Victim To Yet Another Jet Ski Scam

Rimmer

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After nearly 90 trips to Thailand I can still recall my friend's warning to me about this prevalent scam on my first visit all those many years ago.

If there was any inclination to stop it even Inspector Jacques Clouseau could have done so by now

I must be very lucky. I rented jet skis in Jomtien Beach, Pattaya and Kata Beach and never had a problem. Think I will quit while I'm ahead...

• Like 1

-Anyone who rents a jet ski in Pattaya is STUPID.....Let them learn the HARD WAY...It's

been in the news enough and everyone knows it's a rip-off............

anyone who thinks it was news in the suburbs of Vladivostok or somewhere else in Siberia is STUPID!

• Like 1

These Jet Ski operators / full time crooks make me sick. The country is losing tourists left right and center, yet these blood suckers still just want to line their pockets with stolen cash. Shocking.

It happened to me in Phuket many many years ago, big argument on the beach then off to the BIB shop ( whom at the time i didn't know where in these blood suckers pockets !

The BIB told me they could not tell if it was damaged that day ( yeah right when the colour was yallow instead of white, which it would of been if i had of damaged it ! )

They said they could send it off to be tested by experts at my expense. So who would be testing it, regardless if i was right or wrong, who were they going to side with. Me or the fellow Thai?? I had to settle on a figure and pay up, otherwise it would of cost alot more. Never ever again, so i do feel for these guys as been there done that and got the t-shirt !!!!angry.png

Perhaps there was some damage otherwise why would they have been so willing to come up with even 100 baht?

I realize that perhaps to Russians the notion of getting "arrested" by "police" is very real and scary as they come from a powerful police state and know that once in custody it can be hard to escape.

We can give benefit of doubt to the jet ski operators that there was damage,.. and perhaps the "anti" was raised by using the fear factor?

A bit of common sense says that you don't need to pay this amount. I can only agree with another poster that the situation must of reminded them of something possibly worse that takes place back in their home country. Lets hope the Russian ps picks up on it to make more people aware.

A bit of common sense says that you don't need to pay this amount. I can only agree with another poster that the situation must of reminded them of something possibly worse that takes place back in their home country. Lets hope the Russian ps picks up on it to make more people aware.

8 months ago the wife family went to Pattaya for a week

two Farlang friends wanted to take her sister out on a jet ski

so we went down and chose which one's

while they where talking I went around both boats and took pictures

the Thai doing the agreement saw me and said

"Hey what you do my boats"

I explained we had an insurance covering all out holiday and if any damage was done we can put in a claim

he was not happy but the agreement papers had been signed

1 hour later the returned, and some thai guy we had never seen before raced over to the boat and started to check them

The Thai guy who signed the agreement shouted out something in Thai and the guy walked away from the boats

My Thai picked up only some of his words as he spoke so fast

"No need, they have picture's x$#$#@X" the curse words I can not print here

• Like 1

Photos,pre emptive strikes,police, blah blah blah

The phrase 'why bother at all' springs to mind.

Would you hire any other form of transport which was devoid of any and all rule of law, wholly uninsured, and requiring any damage imagined or not to be paid under duress immediately in cash ??

Jet-skis should be banned completely.

Are you kidding? With the rice industry buggered and the hotels and bars half empty it's one of Thailand's biggest earners right now.

True

If they could just teach jet skis to give blow jobs, serve overpriced beers, pickpocket wallets on baht buses, and tax dopey hatless falangs on rented motorcycles the whole town could take a well deserved rest

smile.png

Seems almost unbelievable that this scam continues with all the negative publicity it receives.

The government should just ban jet-ski rentals. Seems simple but I guess too much money

is being made and certain people are getting there cut. coffee1.gif

Maybe the problem is that the salty H2O sea water in Pattaya is the hard water H2O2 version. No way to take a ride whithout some form of damage...whistling.gif ...

H2O2 is not a "hard water" it's a hydrogen peroxide....

hard water is H2D, where D is deuterium.

By the way, look on the picture, these guys look more like Arabs than Russians.

H2D = Heavy water, methinks.

Oops

Are rented motor scooters any better? Do the math, if the scooter is brand new and being paid off, how many days do you have to rent it out before you actually own it? And by then all you have is a thrashed piece of ....... no good for anything, worthless. How can you possibly make money from renting a scooter for 200 Baht a day? Just hope the dick renting it has an accident............ whistling.gif

Maybe the problem is that the salty H2O sea water in Pattaya is the hard water H2O2 version. No way to take a ride whithout some form of damage...whistling.gif ...

H2O2 is not a "hard water" it's a hydrogen peroxide....

hard water is H2D, where D is deuterium.

By the way, look on the picture, these guys look more like Arabs than Russians.

H2D = Heavy water, methinks.

Oops

let's make that D2O or ²H2O and everybody will be happy smile.png