valentines ideas?

celso

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing! Why spoil the women with a holiday created by the dam_n candy/flower/greeting card industry. Stop perpetuating the insanity. (Treat them nice everyday, treat them special as a surprise, and you don't need to do Valentines Day).

yes, mine always gives me a pinch and a punch on the 1st of the month, cause she loves me,

A very simple and loving gift that costs little money is to have a warm bath with a nice bath oil, scented candles and rose petals and a glass of non- alcoholic bubbly.

For those that like booze remove non (LOL)

Then lay out a really sexy nightie that she would like and nice soft music

Seeing you like to cook put on a nice dinner with candles and more NON - alcoholic bubbly.

Thanks Wym but you've got me wrong, im early 20s the same as her. And it isn't some random girl, I've been seeing her for about 5 months, met the parents last week.

Also jackr you make a very good point. It's easy to get stuck in your habits, do the same things, so I will take your advice and go to a restaurant somewhere by the river :)

Thanks Wym but you've got me wrong, im early 20s the same as her. And it isn't some random girl, I've been seeing her for about 5 months, met the parents last week.

I'm not sure which post you're disputing, better if you use the "reply" or in this case "multiple" button to help make that clear.

If it's about presents, I think girls in more sincere genuine relationships like them just as much as the more transactional ones, and in fact you'll just get a better return on your investment with the sincere ones.

If it's something else, happy to discuss further, just let me know what you're saying specifically.

Nothing! Why spoil the women with a holiday created by the dam_n candy/flower/greeting card industry. Stop perpetuating the insanity. (Treat them nice everyday, treat them special as a surprise, and you don't need to do Valentines Day).

It wasn't created by any industry, it dates back to the 3rd century when St Valentine was executed by the Romans.

But I'm not a fan either.

In regards to flowers, roses are deemed romantic where I come from, but to indicate romance in Thailand, carnations are a better choice. I've been told roses are too common. However, they are considered sweet and a kind gesture. Carnations on the other hand are thought to be more exotic (also more expensive) so the gesture shows more "love". On a more pertinent note, if your aim is to mark the occasion with connotations from the west, the ball is back in your court. What would you do on Valentines Day where you're from?

Back in 03, I was away at war and I found a flower shop in Korat online who did "special gift requests".

So I called them up and arranged to have a heart shaped box of PLA-LA (Blah-la? You know the smelly rotten fish mush) delivered to my (then) fiancee.

She (from Isaan) absolutely LOVED it! She hates chocolate but loves that dirty rotten fish guts!

• Like 1

It wasn't created by any industry, it dates back to the 3rd century when St Valentine was executed by the Romans.

See! How'd we go from an execution to a gift buying occasion?

Marketing! Them boys know how to sell sh*t and make you believe your buying prime steak.

qdinthailand

See! How'd we go from an execution to a gift buying occasion?

Marketing! Them boys know how to sell sh*t and make you believe your buying prime steak.

qdinthailand

Valentine allegedly wrote a farewell letter to his bird before his execution on Feb 14 and has since been considered to be a martyr symbolising love.

The custom of writing greetings to your sweetheart developed in Europe from the Middle Ages so is by no means a recent thing.

The consumerism aspect is a symptom of modern times and is secondary - celebrating traditions has always existed in human societies.

Most Thai women from all ages love chocolate. Get her some Belgium or Swiss boxes. Chocos and flowers are timeless classics, works magic anytime. Don't believe anyone who says otherwise. In addition, if you wish so, depending on what kind of girl she is: a new Iphone 5s or samsung 4, golden necklace/earings, sexy nightware, bottle of good wine.

It comes down to how much you are willing to spend, Valentines day is just like Christmas, made for consumerism.

Sorry, but that was made up by the Industry to jusify this billion dollar ''special day''

Love and sex sells, always have and always will till the end of days, my friend.

Most Thai women from all ages love chocolate. Get her some Belgium or Swiss boxes.

Bizarre how different our Thailands can be.

I guess those that aren't poor may have experienced sweets as a child and be more like farang, but 95+% of Thais I know can't stand chocolate, or anything that sweet.

• Like 1

Just relating my different experience, perhaps due to these factors

There aren't any shops like that in the villages where nearly all my SOs grew up, no aircon therefore no chocolate. Urban vs rural.

And I'm sure today's children are eating a lot more sweets than a decade or two ago.

Finally, the 7-11s in farang-populated areas have chocolate taking up a LOT more shelf space than in Thai-only areas, and obviously better quality (sweet/fat) than the cheap Asian-produced stuff.

One more - my girls have been highly motivated to not gain weight, so maybe they'd eat it otherwise and just say they don't like it - for face??

Most Thai women from all ages love chocolate. Get her some Belgium or Swiss boxes.

Bizarre how different our Thailands can be.

I guess those that aren't poor may have experienced sweets as a child and be more like farang, but 95+% of Thais I know can't stand chocolate, or anything that sweet.

there is almost no thai products like drinks that arent overly sweet in the fridge of any shop

even the ice coffee at the side of any road is so sweet its barely drinkable

i thought thais loved sugar ....................

• Like 1

Sorry, but that was made up by the Industry to jusify this billion dollar ''special day''

Love and sex sells, always have and always will till the end of days, my friend.

It sells nowadays as we live in a consumer society - however if you do a little reserch you will see the tradition dates back centuries.

So if I follow the reasoning, Christmas and Easter were also fabricated by Big Brother in order to relieve the sheep of their funds?

Or maybe we participate in it willingly because it's part of human nature to celebrate traditions - the fact that it involves spending money is just a symptom of the times.