Anti-government protest death toll now rises to 10 deaths, 571 injured

webfact

Anti-government protest death toll now rises to 10 deaths, 571 injured

1546019_684951254859338_2062089299_n-wpc

BANGKOK: -- The Erawan Cente, an emergency medical service unit of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), said today that the anti-government protests have so far left 10 people dead and 571 injured.

The center said that since the outbreak of the anti-government protest began in November 30 last year, a total of 10 persons have died and 571 were injured.

It said that the latest violence yesterday during the advance polling left 13 injured and one dead. One protest leader was killed and 12 were injured at the polling station in front of Wat Sri-iam temple in Bang Na, and another at Lat Krabang district polling station.

All were admitted to Vibharam hospital, two are in ICU, and four remained at hospital. Five were discharged from hospitals.

It said that of the 571 people injured, 20 are still in hospitals.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/anti-government-protest-death-toll-now-rises-10-deaths-571-injured/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-27

If I'm correct about all victims were on the side of the protesters. And still quite a few members of TVF preach that it is all organised by Suthep and that the victims deserve what they got.

soi41, rich teacher, jack rich, prbkk and their buddies will be drooling...

Shinawatra supporters will just say there is no evidence of who actually killed them and it's like to be a personal or business dispute. clap2.gif

I don't know who killed them and I'm really sorry for their deaths or anybody else's death.

But I strongly accuse the police for doing nothing to prevent those deaths and injuries.

Somebody, please tell them they are there to protect the public and not to be biased.

• Like 2

If I'm correct about all victims were on the side of the protesters. And still quite a few members of TVF preach that it is all organised by Suthep and that the victims deserve what they got.

Actually half the 10 victims have been on the side of the anti-govt protesters.

Shinawatra supporters will just say there is no evidence of who actually killed them and it's like to be a personal or business dispute. clap2.gif

A sad state.....we've seen the pro Thaksin posts over the past few days...(Farangs no less)..all they seem to want is blood!

I doubt that anyone is happy because of the deaths, although it was expected. And you're wrong about all the victims were protesters.

I doubt that anyone is happy because of the deaths, although it was expected. And you're wrong about all the victims were protesters.

Yes I read about half the dead people were protesters and the other half therefor "red shirts". But the hundreds of injured were almost completely protesters, far as I know. I don't remember grenades were thrown at other people than protesters.

Your doubt about anyone being happy with people dying is wrong. To prove it with quotes of member richteacher and some of his pals is not possible as those posts including the upset quotes were deleted by moderators. Yet anyone can still read how some people think about the violence and killings without being too explicite.

Yes I read about half the dead people were protesters and the other half therefor "red shirts". But the hundreds of injured were almost completely protesters, far as I know. I don't remember grenades were thrown at other people than protesters.

Your doubt about anyone being happy with people dying is wrong. To prove it with quotes of member richteacher and some of his pals is not possible as those posts including the upset quotes were deleted by moderators. Yet anyone can still read how some people think about the violence and killings without being too explicite.

The rest of the injured were not only protesters. Tell that to the garbage collector, the cops who didn´t get killed and people who tried to vote, not to talk about the people who got their property damaged because of this unholy mess.

You know, there is even talk that the governmental officers are thinking of dressing in civilian clothes due to threats made by the PDRC that these workers are traitors since they didn´t join the protest and shouldn´t receive any money from the government.

Let me just say, there are more than one way to hurt somebody...

Edited by maxme
  • Like 1

Actually half the 10 victims have been on the side of the anti-govt protesters.

How about the rest of the details then? Like how the reds killed were shot by the police, admittedly, posing as blackshirts on top of a building; or as a read leader in a falling out from the Shinawatra regime and thus tactically disposable to create the image that there is a violent feud between both sides.

Or the part about the protesters being unarmed at all times?

The problem here is too many people form opinions in a vacuum. If you refuse to look at the history of Thaksin's assent from his nepotistic career with the police, to cheating business tycoon, to his criminal stranglehold on Thai politics -- if you don't know that history, it is like you were born yesterday.