Good stores for mens clothing? Cheap but still decent quality?

ricku

I arrived in BKK a couple of days ago and now I need to get some new clothes.

Please recommend me a few places where I can find some nice mens clothing. Shirts, polo-shirts, shorts, e.t.c.

I'm looking for "cheap" but still "ok quality".. Think H&M. smile.png You know what I mean?

I know there is H&M in BKK, but what else is there?

Edited by ricku

Look out for 71 Export in some plazas, for designer brands at cheap prices. Hit Chatuchak market at the weekend, and Pratunam and MBK shopping areas in the day. I prefer Pratunam.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by EASYDOGG
  • Like 1

Who told you that H&M is "decent quality"? True, it's very cheap indeed, but it's worthless rubbish. Better to buy true quality items that about cost 3 times more to buy, but will look more stylish, with better materials and workmanship, and as a result will often more than 3 times longer, making them "cheaper" than H&M but with a bigger initial investment.

I think that the Indra Regent Hotel Shopping Square in Pratunam has some decent polo shirts. Many of the Ralph Lauren Polo knockoffs sold on the street are of poor quality but the shop on the ground floor on the inside of the escalator does sell good quality knockoffs. I can't think of the name of the shop but I'm going there tomorrow and I'll get their card. Upstairs near the exit to the pedestrian bridge over Rajapraprop Road next to Bangkok Bank you can find the shop Terminal 9(www.uniformterminal9.com). That is where I buy my polo shirts embroidered with the animal of the year. I'm going to pick up my green shirt with a light brown horse on it tomorrow. Without the embroidery, the shirts are 250. With the embroidered animal they are 500. I have gotten good use out of the shirts they sell. They hold up well through repeated washings. Can't say that for the knockoff polos they sell on the street.

Edited by DogNo1
  • Haha 1

Who told you that H&M is "decent quality"? True, it's very cheap indeed, but it's worthless rubbish. Better to buy true quality items that about cost 3 times more to buy, but will look more stylish, with better materials and workmanship, and as a result will often more than 3 times longer, making them "cheaper" than H&M but with a bigger initial investment.

All hail FalangBaa, for he pays 3 times more for his clothes.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Haha 1

clothes sales everywhere at the moment, actually found some shirts that fit me as thai sizing is just so bad, their xl is that tight it doesnt go over my chest and I am am xl in Australia, so finding some xxxl shirts made my day as they actually fit(means that the thai sizing is 2 sizes out, now all I need is some xxxl jocks, I am sure they think the size relates to the size of their appendages so they up the sizes in them toow00t.gif .

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

• 7 years later...
On 1/29/2014 at 12:24 PM, FalangBaa said:

Where do you shop and what brands do you recommend for good quality? 

Look for the sales in the shops with decent quality.  I like CC double O .... found in most malls and often have 70% off.  Also, try the Levi shops in the malls, they currently have a 'closing down sale' in several malls, including Suwanabhumi Market Village (Lotus mall), and Levi shirts and jeans at 80% off is a good deal.

The Export shop has also been mentioned, there's one in Central Bangna mall, it's a bit like a jumble sale, but search amongst the packed racks and you can find well known brands at very low prices. 

Also check the Central Department Store Facebook page (Chidlom) for their clearance sales in the Event Hall - good deals on European brands 

Can't remember when I last paid full price for my clothes! ????

I think AIIZ is pretty decent in quality but if you want something better why not head to Central Village at lat krabang for the timberland sales. I bought 3 t-shirt and a sandal. Very good quality... average about 500-700 baht each... easily could use them frequently for 2 years. Worth it.

On 2/1/2014 at 11:38 PM, seajae said:

clothes sales everywhere at the moment, actually found some shirts that fit me as thai sizing is just so bad, their xl is that tight it doesnt go over my chest and I am am xl in Australia, so finding some xxxl shirts made my day as they actually fit(means that the thai sizing is 2 sizes out, now all I need is some xxxl jocks, I am sure they think the size relates to the size of their appendages so they up the sizes in them toohttp://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif .

I keep a 50cm piece of a paper measuring tape folded up in my wallet.  I know the length of the shoulder seam I need as well as minimum shirt length.  It's really the only way to be sure you are getting the dimensions you need.  Size tags are a bad joke.

On 12/26/2021 at 12:52 PM, dddave said:

I keep a 50cm piece of a paper measuring tape folded up in my wallet.  I know the length of the shoulder seam I need as well as minimum shirt length.  It's really the only way to be sure you are getting the dimensions you need.  Size tags are a bad joke.

You do know that shops let you try clothes on first?

4 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

You do know that shops let you try clothes on first?

Why yes, I am aware that some clothing stores have changing rooms but then, many less formal markets do not unless you are willing to undress within a sarong held open by two shop girls.

More to the point, Bangkok tends to be a hot and sweaty place and trying on clothing while sticky with perspiration is not much fun.  

Measuring really isn't all that difficult.