Award to worst drivers in Thailand goes to...

12DrinkMore

Try Indian or Sri Lankan drivers if you want to get your heart rate up.

A Thai in a car is the ultimate expression of power, the Car is KING, your not even safe on the footpath, ive experienced 2 near hits walking in an outer suburb were i lived and thats not counting dodging the motorcycles and flying hot oil from street vendors when walking single file up a footpath nose to the ground trying to avoid the pot holes.

There is a reason why Thai's walk slowly think about it.

"Is Koh Samui home to the worst drivers in Thailand?"

No they move around, seems like they are always in front, behind and coming from the sides where ever I'm driving

I agree and the scary thing is they are breeding and having children who will drive just as bad(monkey see, monkey do)

Try living in Isaan with the idiots that drive (try to drive) that have no road scence at all, no rules ,no brains, and think that there is nobody else on the road, where soi dogs have more brains crossing the road (at least they look both ways before crossing) and the goverment still does nothing with the massive death tolls in this country.

Mercedes and Volvo drivers.

Nah... Fortuner drivers. Big, blinged-out Fortuners with black windows. Farang drivers mostly.

Blame the farangs, "Mr. I wannabe a thai". Now I know why Thailand has so many road accidents. If you ban all farangs from driving, then Thailand would move from one of the worst accident rates, to the top of the worlds BEST drivers list"

By vehicular demographic I would go for van drivers - most notably for me on the Victory Monument - Kanchanaburi run where I've seen some of the stupidest behaviour I have ever witnessed. Loaded with people and bags aiming to get in front of other cars at pretty much any cost.

By location Issan on a bank holiday takes some beating. The long, mostly single carriageway road from Chaiyaphum up to Chum Phae to be more precise. Banzai overtaking, sudden stopping for no apparent reason (often food related on closer inspection) and then pulling out in front of people, and all the attendant ills of people 6-7 hours into a long, hot, traffic ridden drive from Bangkok.