Does posting on Thai Visa turn you into a xxxxxxx?

MW72

Every context for human communication develops its own "corporate culture", and of course newcomers who stick it out find they've adapted their style to fit in to some extent.

Assimilation_by_hansime.jpg

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

knowing that many of those who are rough behind the screen, are often the opposite in rl (or at least better at hiding it). Others might adopt the roughness, but still have their own thoughts. That being said, I don't take this too seriously, sometimes it's amusing to watch all the emotion and drama among some guys, which many would associate with women only. ;)

• Like 1

Every context for human communication develops its own "corporate culture", and of course newcomers who stick it out find they've adapted their style to fit in to some extent.

Assimilation_by_hansime.jpg

Whilst I agree with your statement to a certain extent I am going to try my best not to adapt to the style that some practice. That is not to say that I think I am better than others it just means that I want to be better. It's a bit of the "treat others as you wish to be treated" sort of thing.

knowing that many of those who are rough behind the screen, are often the opposite in rl (or at least better at hiding it). Others might adopt the roughness, but still have their own thoughts. That being said, I don't take this too seriously, sometimes it's amusing to watch all the emotion and drama among some guys, which many would associate with women only. ;)

I also found it amusing to begin with. The problem is that I am now joining in the petty squabbling.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mate, everyone is different.

If you disliked what I write here ... we wouldn't be sharing a beer to together.

However ... if you enjoyed it ... we'd enjoy a beer. (hopefully) I don't change from one side of the screen to the other.

As to the premise of your OP ... maybe a few guys really feel the frustration of either living in Thailand, living with a Thai Partner ... or a bit of both, and vent those frustrations out here. If that is the case, in a strange way ... it is kind of therapeutic for all of us to have an occasional outlet, somewhere to scream.

One thing to consider ... never diss the old experienced guys, who have been there, done that ... they have walked the road before you and are pointing out the landmines. Their mistakes, which they have written about have saved me from making a few of my own ... clap2.gif

As for me ... I'm in a world of joy at the moment.

My Thai partner of 3 1/2 years just gave birth to identical Twin boys, I've just finished the 2am feed and rewarding myself with a few Leos. Later, she will take over the Day shift while I find a quiet place to sleep.

From my side of the keyboard ... it's all good (except for those pesky mosquitoes).

Wise words. Congratulations on the birth of the twins. Enjoy that Leo. :D

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Mate, everyone is different.

If you disliked what I write here ... we wouldn't be sharing a beer to together.

However ... if you enjoyed it ... we'd enjoy a beer. (hopefully) I don't change from one side of the screen to the other.

As to the premise of your OP ... maybe a few guys really feel the frustration of either living in Thailand, living with a Thai Partner ... or a bit of both, and vent those frustrations out here. If that is the case, in a strange way ... it is kind of therapeutic for all of us to have an occasional outlet, somewhere to scream.

One thing to consider ... never diss the old experienced guys, who have been there, done that ... they have walked the road before you and are pointing out the landmines. Their mistakes, which they have written about have saved me from making a few of my own ... clap2.gif

My Thai partner of 3 1/2 years just gave birth to identical Twin boys, I've just finished the 2am feed and rewarding myself with a few Leos. Later, she will take over the Day shift while I find a quiet place to sleep.

From my side of the keyboard ... it's all good (except for those pesky mosquitoes).

Congrats David. Glad to hear all is well.

• Like 1

welcome to the world wide web and to forum culture lol.

Coming from a Farming Background, I still remember my Uncle grabbing a few ears of wheat, rubbing them between his hands and letting the wind blow the chaff away.

When asked why ... he just sorting the wheat from the chaff.

The chaff makes very good fertilizer .. rolleyes.gif

Edited by David48
  • Like 2

Wow David, not sure whether to offer congrats or condolences 8-)

May they live long and prosper!

• Like 1

Thank you for raising this topic, whytey13.

Every newbie will be critisised and tested, everywhere. If you want to stay here dont change and stay yourself.

/quote

Why get worked up about what in the end are just personal opinions?

/endquote

Every poster has personal issues from time to time and they are comfortable with expressing their views on this partiular forum, rather then in the real world.

They speak out and share/post because they think readers can identify with their issue.

wink.png

I have found myself yearning to grow a tash, just like DALs !!

Is that assimilation or have I just turned into an a&&hole :)

• Like 1

sirineou, on 30 Jan 2014 - 06:31, said:

I hear what the OP is saying

but as bad as we might be we are not as bad as the Thais

I mean have you seen the way they drive? and the women, ohh don't get me started on the women, they will cheat you blind, as for the politicians, all corrupt. And if the food dont kill you, the buses who crush every day in to trains making the derail, will.

By the way I just met this wonderful girl on the internet who says she need help with her studies at the Uni. where she is studying molecular biology ,

Do you think 30,000 bht is enough to send her every month, or should I send more?

100%...................wink.png

Just perhaps, on occasion, it is the topics themselves that brings the a$$hole out in all of us..................wink.png

In addition to the above that have been mentioned, there is also the 'primed' topic and post which have been made to cause reaction. You just have to live with it or ignore it.

As for going off topic, just like to say big congrats David on the birth of the twins, best regards to yourself and Farmgirl..............thumbsup.gif

OP, sorry about that, back on topic.

• Like 1

re

For many posters, I don't think posting here has turned them into a$$holes - they were a$$holes already

bugger sad.png

dave2

I know I was, but I was a little xxxhole, strictly bush league.

When I came here I made it to the Majors ,worked hard and applied my self,

and now I can say I reached a degree of proficiency I can be proud ofbiggrin.png

By the way Dave2 the other David48 has you beat by 46 and a pair of twins, what you have to say to that????

stop being such a slackerangry.gif

Edited by metisdead
Profanity

actually this forum is like sport, what said on the field, stays on the field or at least it should. I think a lot of posters come in here to vent their frustrations and in real life they can actually get on well with most people but the secret is not to discuss religion or politics in real life. In here one can say what they cant in the street, even when you are open and honest you tend to not voice personal opinions about politics when in a group scene. There are several posters in here that really sh*t me but I have no doubt that we would probably get on outside this enviroment, I even agree with some of them in posts they make so know they do have a good general sense of Thailand, just that the politics of their chosen side varies to mine. Anyone can come in here and make an ar*ehole of themselves(me included) but that doesnt mean they are the same away from TV unless they suffer "face" badly, most are alright people. Its good to have somewhere to vent your frustrations and TV certainly is that.

• Like 2

When I joined TVF, I thought I can speak openly and candidly about my opinions and ideal relating to Thailand, however, quickly I learned the world of PC and so I restrained myself from voicing certain opinions. Although my comments were genuine, I was called racist, ignorance, pretender, and misrepresent my own prejudice. Since then I've been less confrontational and learned not to argue with the moron. With that said, some comments made me smile and made my day.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2