type of title deeds for townhouse / house in moo-baan

am planning to pull the trigger on a townhouse and a house in a gated residence (moo-baan)

owner says he doesn't have a chanote!?!?!?!?

i understand there are different types of title deeds but how does one differentiate the

types of deeds from townhouse, semi-detached and stand-alone house all in a moo-baan?

chanote - red garuda (full rights, can be used as bank collateral)

nor sor 3 gor - 2nd best (partial rights? cannot be used as collateral?)

nor sor 3 - 3rd best (partial rights? cannot be used as collateral?)

my question is, because both properties are in a gated residence (moo-baan)

does the land the townhouse / house it sits on also transferred to my wife or does it still belong to the moo-baan?

if any of you are staying in a gated property, kindly let me know what type of chanote / title deeds do you have.

deeply appreciated smile.png

Edited by holeyman1

Chanote's are for land, they have nothing to do with what is built on them !

Is the same owner selling you both the "townhouse" and the "house" ?

If so, I have some real doubts (red flag) if he tells you he does not have chanote for either one

My company owns a lot in a "gated community" on which I have built a house. There is a chanote and a blue book, chanote for the land, blue book for the house

OP: I bought a house in a gated community for my wife. She has the Chanote with red garuda for the land & Blue Book for the house. Don't forget to check there is not a lien on the land registered on the back of the Chanote.

No Chanote, no sale...

Uncock your gun and figure out what type of land title the owner has (if any) and then decide what to do? Our dirt/home in our gated community here in Bangkok has a chanote.

Edited by Pib

So all title deeds can be changed to a chanote (red garuda) irrespective of whether it's a second or third type which can be 'upgraded'

Should I safely say, I must walk away from anything less than the third type of chanote?

For the house part, it's all crystal but what about the townhouse since it will share a common wall? Chanote wise will be a tad difficult to measure no?

Also, is there anywhere I can look out for outstanding loans / mortgage on the house? Can I find it from the back of the chanote?

Best regards

keyboard warrior

Land tiltes can be upgraded, to a higher status. The lowest class you will not get upgraded to land with a chanot instantly, just to the one higher class. So you have to understand the land title and what it emans and how you can change it and how long it will take and what your position than will be.

But land in amoo baan without a chanote I would not even consider and smell something fishy. But I am no expert on this. I would at the least consult a competent lawyer and bring copies of the sellers ID and proof of his land titles.

Seller of house in moo-baan has just called and will produce the chanote nor sor sam or thereabouts cos he didn't comprehend what I was actually asking then. Wife is thai but wasn't around when I went house hunting with the agent.

House in moo-baan is clear but what about the townhouses? Surely there might be disputes cos sharing of the common walls. Townhouse I looking at is a corner cos question is how will the chanote distinguish the landed area?

Thanks

Best regards

keyboard warrior

So all title deeds can be changed to a chanote (red garuda) irrespective of whether it's a second or third type which can be 'upgraded'

Should I safely say, I must walk away from anything less than the third type of chanote?

For the house part, it's all crystal but what about the townhouse since it will share a common wall? Chanote wise will be a tad difficult to measure no?

Also, is there anywhere I can look out for outstanding loans / mortgage on the house? Can I find it from the back of the chanote?

Best regards

keyboard warrior

We have a town house. We have a Chanote and a blue book in my wife's name. The fact that there are shared walls makes no difference to the land that the house is built on. The land office assess the area of the land.

The reverse of the Chanote will have the name of the current owner be it an individual or a bank.

There is a recent thread on here where someone said that it had taken in excess of three years up upgrade the title to Chanote.

(edited with additional answers)

Edited by rawhod

Best regards

keyboard warrior

We have a town house. We have a Chanote and a blue book in my wife's name. The fact that there are shared walls makes no difference to the land that the house is built on. The land office assess the area of the land.

The reverse of the Chanote will have the name of the current owner be it an individual or a bank.

There is a recent thread on here where someone said that it had taken in excess of three years up upgrade the title to Chanote.

(edited with additional answers)

thanks mate, much appreciated. will shot down these 2 units on monday!

again, thanks for all inputs :)