Thailand's DSI chief says five key PDRC leaders are foreigners

webfact

Who is Winston Smith, your local barber, butcher???

Obviously never read 1984, so the term Big Brother means nothing to you, new speak, two minutes of hate, etc etc.

Much pop culture references have been lost on you. Go read it!

actually never heard of it what is it? (1984) history 30 yrs ago does it apply to today in Thailand. Seriously never heard of the book 1984 or read it. I think I was still a virgin back then in those olden days.
George Orwell book, written many years before 1984, if you don't like reading pretty sure you will find the movie on line, think it was John Hurt who starred in it

You have heard of a book called Animal farm ? Same writer

how about "Animal House"

• Like 2

"five foreigners he claimed are among the PDRC leaders"

This is not exactly funny...some nut job red-shirts...tanked up on Thai whiskey...may take it upon themselves to help get rid of these foreigners...any foreigners...all foreigners...

I was in another country...when a civil conflict started using foreigners as whipping boy...became

dangerous to move about the country...

It would be prudent...unlike some I have seen mixing in with the protestors...to keep a low profile

until this thing...if ever...blows over...

I would bet foreigners could run the place a darned sight better too. OK maybe not Kim yung nutjob but........

What would YOU Government of great britain do? - fill it woth Poland people and eastern europeans and give them 96% of new jobs - dont criticise Thailand till you sort your own countries mess out!!?

Well they dont run it like a Circus and collapse into a pile of corrupt dung or get the military in every few years because one party cant win an election, losers w00t.gif

biggrin.png I dont mind immigants and don't buy into the racist bs xenophobia hell im married to a Thai one, most immigrants do the work natives wont because they are too lazy or wont for the money offered, exactly the same as here actually... want a job done properly and reasonable cheap employ a migrant, thai businesses and people do this all the time... honey ill criticise Thailand all I like while its running a Circus show just the same as ill criticise my own country when its being dumb.... its called ....exercising your freedom of speech YAY clap2.gif

Edited by englishoak

"five foreigners he claimed are among the PDRC leaders"

This is not exactly funny...some nut job red-shirts...tanked up on Thai whiskey...may take it upon themselves to help get rid of these foreigners...any foreigners...all foreigners...

I was in another country...when a civil conflict started using foreigners as whipping boy...became

dangerous to move about the country...

It would be prudent...unlike some I have seen mixing in with the protestors...to keep a low profile

until this thing...if ever...blows over...

That was also my concern with such an inflammatory statement. I don't agree with foreigners joining these or other political protests anywhere as I feel it can only cause more problems. As we have seen here in Phnom Penh, news of foreigners attending anti govt rallies have been used in an attempt to stir up resentment against the opposition. The Vietnamese here are also getting very nervous because of all the political anti Vietnamese rhetoric being thrown around by the opposition and Vietnamese people/shops have already been attacked.

Almost correct still makes it incorrect, or maybe an attempt to twist the truth a wee bit.

Abhisit may still have the British passport his parents got when he was born, maybe even one or two from later. What he doesn't have is a 'current, valid' British passport. None of this makes him a British subject though, it's just having been born there when both his (Thai) parents were working there.

To be fair even with Thaksin having a Montenegran passport he remains Thai, not a foreigner. Thaksin even has a brand new passport, delivered October 2011 from flooded offices, with the compliments of the MoFA Surapong who just happened to be related to the criminal fugitive.

Anyway, neither Abhisit nor Thaksin are PDRC leaders rolleyes.gif

Did his parents get him a British passport when he was born?

Unless he rescinds it, he's British.

It's like a birthmark. Unless you get it removed, it's always there. This dual nationality nonsense is crazy.

The issue is are they Thai?

Providing his parents fulfilled the requirements at the time, and made the appropriate application.

As he has been a MP and PM then the subject of being Thai must have been sorted. It was very easy registering my kids at the Thai embassy and obtaining Thai birth certificates and passports; in addition to their British ones.

They have, do and will continue to enjoy any benefits associated with having dual nationality.

More and more people I know seem to have more than one passport. Although all of them, AFAIK, are not criminals on the run.

• Like 1

Almost correct still makes it incorrect, or maybe an attempt to twist the truth a wee bit.

Abhisit may still have the British passport his parents got when he was born, maybe even one or two from later. What he doesn't have is a 'current, valid' British passport. None of this makes him a British subject though, it's just having been born there when both his (Thai) parents were working there.

To be fair even with Thaksin having a Montenegran passport he remains Thai, not a foreigner. Thaksin even has a brand new passport, delivered October 2011 from flooded offices, with the compliments of the MoFA Surapong who just happened to be related to the criminal fugitive.

Anyway, neither Abhisit nor Thaksin are PDRC leaders rolleyes.gif

Did his parents get him a British passport when he was born?

Unless he rescinds it, he's British.

It's like a birthmark. Unless you get it removed, it's always there. This dual nationality nonsense is crazy.

The issue is are they Thai?

No issue there - both parent were Thai - therefore they are Thai. Place of birth does not affect parental lineage/citizenship by descent. Now-a-days, he wouldn't be British at all - it now takes more than birth in the UK (or most developed countries) to grant citizenship.

That's as maybe. He's entitled to a British passport and to live in the uk. That's it. Simples.

For months, or weeks in the case of the sudden inrush of newbies who came aboard about the same time that PTP announced the launch of its propaganda campaign, Thaksin's defenders on this board have been saying, "watch out, watch out, Suthep and the anti-government protesters hate farangs and are going to get them kicked out of Thailand." And, now, poof! The side that decides to make the farangs the scapegoat is PTP and the government. Time for a new line of argument from the boiler room, I guess.

Not sure how you work that out.

Seems to me the majority of these newbies are for Suthep.

For months, or weeks in the case of the sudden inrush of newbies who came aboard about the same time that PTP announced the launch of its propaganda campaign, Thaksin's defenders on this board have been saying, "watch out, watch out, Suthep and the anti-government protesters hate farangs and are going to get them kicked out of Thailand." And, now, poof! The side that decides to make the farangs the scapegoat is PTP and the government. Time for a new line of argument from the boiler room, I guess.

Not sure how you work that out.

Seems to me the majority of these newbies are for Suthep.

He is actually spot on. The DL and his crew are not foreigner friendly and the loa test BS proves it. Zydeco I don't always agree with, but he is totally correct.

In using Thai Visa I agree:

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban.

One post has been removed.

yes did see the movie, a classic with john Belushi

errrr wrong movie I do believe

There are a few film adaptations of 1984 including one in production now.

The 1956 and 1984 films are available online, there is one from 1968 I think from the BBC that is the most accurate. The

ones prior and after it are either too simple or not true to the story. Book is best, none of the movies of course can capture all the ideas of the book.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048918/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_2

1984 Cannot find it, check streaming sites http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087803/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

The ebook is freely available too, see http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/o79n/ read it online or download it.

If you want the audiobook, that too is available...

But no John Belushi

Edited by jcisco

Suthep blames foreigners, Tarrit blames foreigners. What a pathetic bunch.

...correction... suthep hates.... foreigners. ...big difference.

I understand that Suteb actually said 'I have no respect for foreigners' which when taken in context he was saying why should he ask foreigners when Thais can do it ? If you have actual proof of him saying 'I hate foreigners' either a video clip or newspaper interview or whatever, please share this proof with us all, I keep hearing haters say this but have yet to see the proof. Thank you.

Anti-PTP rhetoric aside, what gave you the notion that foreigner = Farang?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Have some important info for Tarrit.

Even the leader from this country is a foreigner, he has a Montenegro passport.

I know you're being facetious but he also has a Thai passport, so using the same logic he's not a foreigner.

I know you're being facetious but he also has a Thai passport, so using the same logic he's not a foreigner.

You might try telling the red faithful the same thing, certain members insist Mark A is a farang LOL

Suthep blames foreigners, Tarrit blames foreigners. What a pathetic bunch.

...correction... suthep hates.... foreigners. ...big difference.

I understand that Suteb actually said 'I have no respect for foreigners' which when taken in context he was saying why should he ask foreigners when Thais can do it ? If you have actual proof of him saying 'I hate foreigners' either a video clip or newspaper interview or whatever, please share this proof with us all, I keep hearing haters say this but have yet to see the proof. Thank you.

I think he actually said that he has no respect for foreigners to monitor the elections for corruption.

In.light of his expression that thaksin has been buying elections forever, maybe he should have let them come in and do the monitoring.

abhesit is a farang with a UK passport

Don't be stupid.

If his parents are both Thai but at the time of his birth were long term, normally resident in the UK then as he was born their they could have made an application for British citizenship which entitles the holder to apply for a passport. Many long term residents in another country do that.

It does not diminish of affect his Thai nationality.

Or do you think foreign criminals with Montenegro citizenship and passport should be allowed to skype into Thailand cabinet meetings and demonstrations?

You might try telling the red faithful the same thing, certain members insist Mark A is a farang LOL

Yes - but I think Abhisit has a legally issued Thai passport.

Whereas the Montenegro passport crook running the country has an illegally issued one. Both are still Thai citizens though.

Whatever happened to the Ombudsman's questions on that illegal passport?

Love the way Yinngy simply ignores an illegal act and refuses to discuss it. A real role model of a law abiding democracy loving peace champion of a PM/DM