Fortuner 2014 2.5 AT & 2.5 MT

Amir

Don't believe you. Look at the torque and horse power numbers between petrol and diesel 7 tears back.......coffee1.gif  Must add the diesel gives max torque FROM 1400rpm up.

I don't give 2 hoots at the stats, or whether you believe me or not, but the 2.7 petrol Fortuner is the bees knees. From my 'Notifications' it seems others agree with me. The 2.7 petrol Toyota, LPG converted, has to be the one of the best SUV's ever, In my opinion. My only wish is that they'd produce a LPG version on its own.

Don't know about fiqures only the feel of the 2.7 vigo I drove and to me it was much faster off the mark, I guess the reason there are not a lot about is petrol consumption, if they sold it with LPG fitted I think it would sell better.

Perhaps it has a lower ratio final drive, I don't know without a search......smile.png

Arrange to have a test drive buddy you may confirm your belief's or change.

I would of thought dual fuel is better.

Sooooo, tell me cos I don't know. Does LPG fitted to a 2.7 petrol up the TQ and HP...?

with 25k posts to your name you appear to have plenty of spare time on your hands, so be a good chap and pop off to your nearest Toyo dealers and ask.

Better still have a test drive on the latest Tuners or arrange some stop light drags with the local lads and came back and tell us all.

We wait with baited anticipation.

Ace of Pop, over to you______

• Like 1

Sooooo, tell me cos I don't know. Does LPG fitted to a 2.7 petrol up the TQ and HP...?

with 25k posts to your name you appear to have plenty of spare time on your hands, so be a good chap and pop off to your nearest Toyo dealers and ask.

Better still have a test drive on the latest Tuners or arrange some stop light drags with the local lads and came back and tell us all.

We wait with baited anticipation.

Ace of Pop, over to you______

Weell, as you well know a 7 year old petrol is 20 HP etc down on the latest 2.7 petrol. ooops, you don't. So to me the trounce thingy doesn't add up. I am just curious how a ride, same gears with lower TQ HP can be quicker. If LPG does up things then show me. For your info, the latest petrol is up 20 HP, so I can see the petrol and diesel could be on a par......Over to you.....smile.png

Post counts have nothing to do with THIS forum,..........rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I always thought the standard petrol Vigo was 163hp, nethertheless I have driven the 2.7 Vigo in two door form and its quick.  If they did an auto one I would be interested. Meanwhile I slog along with my trusty but noisy D4D, until the new Hilux arrives.

Come on, you know you can get 25,500 posts by stumps drawn.whistling.gif

I always thought the standard petrol Vigo was 163hp, nethertheless I have driven the 2.7 Vigo in two door form and its quick.  If they did an auto one I would be interested. Meanwhile I slog along with my trusty but noisy D4D, until the new Hilux arrives.

Come on, you know you can get 25,500 posts by stumps drawn.whistling.gif

A seven year old petrol Vigo was around 140HP, diesel 163HP but max torque on the diesel came in at 1400rpm. Torque to move the petrol was in the much higher rev range. Folk talk about how their petrol trounced diesels..........Complete rolox, they are talking about their rides wound up on a highway revving, end of story. Never from a stand still.

Toyota had to fix things with later petrol stuff and they have. Must add, just learned that......smile.png

• Like 1

I will be down as soon as I can with my daughters City which is FWD only and 1500cc and it will leave your chipped Vigo from standstill my wife's Yaris is even faster than the City but on a long drive the City is more comfortable.

See you buddy. biggrin.png

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

I will be down as soon as I can with my daughters City which is FWD only and 1500cc and it will leave your chipped Vigo from standstill my wife's Yaris is even faster than the City but on a long drive the City is more comfortable.

Sadly I had to take the chip off last week, well put the bridge on, engine kept going into "limp" mode for some reason. sad.png 

Sadly I had to take the chip off last week, well put the bridge on, engine kept going into "limp" mode for some reason. sad.png

Oh !!   Dam no contest. laugh.png

The older version 2.7 can be rechipped and the new one to gain 40 more HP, as I said before the main reason for not many about is petrol consumption which is somewhat of an importants to many.

I wouldn't mine owning one in the least as I don't do a lot of km per year.

The 2.7 lump is very reliable and from memory reading stuff before it is detune for other markets to cope with fuel variations.

The 4.0 lump you can get else where is about the same in fuel consumption maybe it could be sorced in Thailand from somewhere.

Don't know about fiqures only the feel of the 2.7 vigo I drove and to me it was much faster off the mark, I guess the reason there are not a lot about is petrol consumption, if they sold it with LPG fitted I think it would sell better.

Manuals or autos? I found my bil's triton got away slowly as the gearing is so short in a manual. I think an auto would be quicker off the mark. That doesn't apply to sedans ofcourse. 

The fortuner petrol is lighter than the diesel version. The petrol has less horsepower, so than may be an even match. I'd still take the diesel for its torque and pulling power. 

Manuals or autos? I found my bil's triton got away slowly as the gearing is so short in a manual. I think an auto would be quicker off the mark. That doesn't apply to sedans ofcourse. 

The fortuner petrol is lighter than the diesel version. The petrol has less horsepower, so than may be an even match. I'd still take the diesel for its torque and pulling power. 

Only about 35kg between the two.

Well having driven both my choice would have nothing to do with torque, less HP doesn't always count, I drove the 2.7 truck not a fortuna but I would still prefer a 2.7 auto fortuna than the tractor sounding diesel one, and I can still chip it.biggrin.png

• Like 1

The 3.0L 2WD Diesel auto Tuna was 163hp, now 171hp to drag around 1,850kg = 95 hp/t.

The 2.7L 2WD Petrol auto Tuna has 160hp to drag around 1,755kg = 91 hp/t.  

That is if you believe Toyota and exclude chips etc.  

The Diesel has better fuel consumption and does not need a gas bottle in the back to feed the thing.  It has loads of torque from just above idle but runs out of breath quickly.  The Petrol engine is smoother and quieter at idle but the diesel is good by Jap diesel standards, e.g. try a Mitsu or Isuzu Diesel for comparison.  For a petrol engine, the 2.7L has a good spread of torque but at higher revs than the Diesel.  The petrol and diesel versions use different final drive ratios (4.5 vs 3.9) and gearing to suit the torque characteristics so both end up with similar acceleration.  The petrol needs to drop a few gears and rev to get anywhere so it can feel more gutless.  It is also stuck with the 4 speed AT.  The diesels get the 5 speed AT now and disguises the low power to weight ratio well but they are no quarter mile champs.  

Pay your money and take your choice.  

Fanks, I didn't know about (couldn't find it rolleyes.gif ) about the diff ratios. That explains everything........thumbsup.gif

Weeeeeeeeell, I did have have stop light drag with a petrol Vigo once, perhaps he weren't trying...........smile.png

was his chipped as well? wink.png

No idea chum, seems he had better gears than me though but...............biggrin.png 

• Like 1